Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Forum Testing Update

GolfSpy_APH
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

To mark off the check list of requested items
Photos bug, all comment photos appear at top of the page- FIXED

Reactions (likes and such) for testers reviews - FIXED so please go like all their reviews!

Signatures - Will show for testers in review at the moment - Partial FIX (honest question do we need them in the actual comment section)

Mentions bug (brings to the bottom of review page not where mention or quote is) - Tested and FIXED

Recent Content - FIXED 

Review Tab/Signup Comment Tab - Completed

Testing Opportunities has now been replaced with Tests & Reviews
Screenshot 2021-07-22 21.16.01.png

6 minutes ago, jlukes said:

So are the active testing threads going to be continuations of the sign up threads?  The only reason I ask is some signup threads have pages and pages of banter and it would hard for newcomers to know where the actual testing starts.

Yes it will all be a continuation. What I will look to do is post a hyperlink in the "main post" which will go to the end of the testers announced portion. Also testers can link important posts of theirs under their review section if they have updates they want to share, but don't want to include in their review. Again the testing, introduction, review, unboxing and so on will be under the review tab, which will be nice and easy for them to see. 

Also important to note we are actively looking at fixing the mass amount of photos that appear at the beginning of some of the signups. CC5 may be the exception here where the review will be done in the testing opp thread, but the challenges and so on will likely be in a follow along thread...

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Yes it will all be a continuation. What I will look to do is post a hyperlink in the "main post" which will go to the end of the testers announced portion. Also testers can link important posts of theirs under their review section if they have updates they want to share, but don't want to include in their review. Again the testing, introduction, review, unboxing and so on will be under the review tab, which will be nice and easy for them to see. 

So day to day updates and Q&A will happen in a separate thread from the formal reviews?

2 minutes ago, jlukes said:

So day to day updates and Q&A will happen in a separate thread from the formal reviews?

As it stands right now (CC5 being the exception) all testing comments and so on will be in under the testing opportunities and the item in which is being tested. So Voice Caddie for example- Intros, unboxing, testing and final review will be under the review tab of the Voice Caddie Testing Thread. All comments, updates and other will be under the comment tab. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

1 minute ago, jlukes said:

Is there a way mods could delete or hide posts in the comments section that were made during signup/before the actual testing began? Just trying to think like someone coming to the site to look for forum reviews rather than someone who is an active member that understands all of the nuances of the forum

Certainly something we can look at. The nice thing is the review will be right there and easy to find and read. They won't be hidden at all and very accessible. For the other posts again I would look at putting a hyperlink to page X and that could skip past pages that include signup/testers announced to the beginning of the other parts of testing. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Great to see some communication about the changes, it really is a pity that this didn’t happen at the start. Hopefully now people will be able to find reviews more easily and the reviewers efforts will be worthwhile.

Also hope the photos in the intro issue can be sorted out quickly, as you have to scroll through them all to see the Review and Comment tabs, which could prevent traffic on the reviews, especially as more reviews are posted

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

12 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Very well said and what I was trying to get at. The forum reviews just feel like they becoming more article-like and less discussion thread based.

I know there will be a tab for comments and discussion, but if they aren’t showing up in the unread section of someone’s feed without the person having to jump through hoops to add it to their custom feed then there is no doubt that there will be far less eyes on the review and a drop off in back and forth discussion throughout the testing process 

I’ve noticed a lot less discussion in the sub70 review. I try to plug it often because heck I’m competing with the biggest review this forum does the cobra connect! I’ve tried to put pictures up showing where the threads are so people  come and visit the threads

8 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Very well said and what I was trying to get at. The forum reviews just feel like they becoming more article-like and less discussion thread based.

I know there will be a tab for comments and discussion, but if they aren’t showing up in the unread section of someone’s feed without the person having to jump through hoops to add it to their custom feed then there is no doubt that there will be far less eyes on the review and a drop off in back and forth discussion throughout the testing process 

I agree, like you I’ve been a part of several tests and I’m getting ready to do another on the Honma Driver, my favorite part of the testing threads are the interaction with forum members. It always seems that I stumble across a great question that someone asked that I never thought about….the questions and answers are an invaluable part of the testing process, I hate to see them pushed aside.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

9 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Honestly I had no idea this testing had started and you guys received the equipment because the thread doesn’t appear in my feed. 

Hell when I tried to actively seek it out right now I went to two incorrect sub forums before I found it - in the Testing Opportunities sub forum. Not in reviews. Not in official reviews. 

That’s a problem 

Same. I legitimately thought this testing hadn't started yet. The Titleist testing thread is in the Ball forum, so I've been able to follow that... I think. But like you, and I'm assuming many others, under the new format I had no clue this was ongoing. 

EDITED TO ADD - I went and checked out the Honma testing thread. According to the main screen, the last post was in May. But when I clicked on the thread, there were posts right up through earlier this month. This is very counter intuitive as a reader, and actually has me kind of upset that I've been missing out as a reader, and upset on behalf of the testers who have been missing out on a lot of traffic as @tommc23noted above. I sincerely hope that this new method of presenting testing threads gets reconsidered. I, for one, had no problem with review threads being made a stickies in the appropriate forum.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

3 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Perhaps an approach that could be considered is the tabs approach, tab for Stage 1 sign up, tab for Stage 2 and 3, tab for Stage 4 as discussion during testing, Tab for Stage 5 final reviews.  That way it would be possible to discern what part is being looked at and avoid the scrolling to find what is sought.

My 2 cents.

This

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

8 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Same. I legitimately thought this testing hadn't started yet. The Titleist testing thread is in the Ball forum, so I've been able to follow that... I think. But like you, and I'm assuming many others, under the new format I had no clue this was ongoing. 

EDITED TO ADD - I went and checked out the Honma testing thread. According to the main screen, the last post was in May. But when I clicked on the thread, there were posts right up through earlier this month. This is very counter intuitive as a reader, and actually has me kind of upset that I've been missing out as a reader, and upset on behalf of the testers who have been missing out on a lot of traffic as @tommc23noted above. I sincerely hope that this new method of presenting testing threads gets reconsidered. I, for one, had no problem with review threads being made a stickies in the appropriate forum.

13 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Honestly I had no idea this testing had started and you guys received the equipment because the thread doesn’t appear in my feed. 

Hell when I tried to actively seek it out right now I went to two incorrect sub forums before I found it - in the Testing Opportunities sub forum. Not in Reviews. Not in Official Reviews. The discussion thread is the continuation of the signup thread in Testing Opportunities.

That’s a problem 

Yea it’s odd I’ve done reviews before and had no troubles getting questions or involvement in the past. This new way to sign up makes sense the reviews being in the same area doesn’t make sense to me. I guess because we may be used to the old way and that it takes searching to find. That’s my biggest complaint about it is you have to search for the threads and the forum has a section that says official threads!!! Why not at least link them to that area so people can still see the threads. We don’t have to have two threads even a link in that area would help.

17 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Hell when I tried to actively seek it out right now I went to two incorrect sub forums before I found it - in the Testing Opportunities sub forum. Not in Reviews. Not in Official Reviews. The discussion thread is the continuation of the signup thread in Testing Opportunities.

That’s a problem 

I agree, if the new reviews were listed under Official Reviews, casual readers as well as regulars would be able to find them more easily. The title could be a link that takes you through to the new review section, doesn’t seem to hard

3 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Yea it’s odd I’ve done reviews before and had no troubles getting questions or involvement in the past. This new way to sign up makes sense the reviews being in the same area doesn’t make sense to me. I guess because we may be used to the old way and that it takes searching to find. That’s my biggest complaint about it is you have to search for the threads and the forum has a section that says official threads!!! Why not at least link them to that area so people can still see the threads. We don’t have to have two threads even a link in that area would help.

Snap!

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

37 minutes ago, jlukes said:

That’s a problem 

Same!  Honestly I kept checking the "Official Forum Member Reviews" section, but wasn't seeing a new thread for any of the testing.  I figured there were just shipping/back-order issues to where none of the testing has started yet.

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

Just been able to go over all the comments and appreciate the feedback. It gives us a good idea of where the membership is at and where we can make adjustments to smooth over the transition to the new system. As with most changes I know it will take time, however we will also look at changing and adapting what we can to make it smoother, user friendly and as most posted more noticeable in the the main thread. 

Of course as updates come we will update this thread and any bigger changes will come along with an announcement bar to ensure that when you are arriving to the site you won't be shocked by any huge change or surprise. Hope this is okay and once again appreciate the feedback from everyone. 

As we work on some tweaks and take in feedback I would highly encourage members to use the follow feature for any and all tests you are interested in and relevant to you. It will not make it show up in recent content like streams, however will give you notifications and easy access to any of the content you may have missed while sleeping, at work or out on the course. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

18 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

OK hold up here. 

This is really disappointing.

"Thanks for your comments, sorry you all don't like the new system, we're gonna stick with it anyways" is what I'm getting from this. 

The whole point of a forum is to foster open discussion and get eyes on the content. I think we've all pointed out how this new system does anything but that. We shouldn't have to use specific features that we need to go customize on our own just to follow content that used to be easily found and available in the main forum.

I get it - MGS owns the site, and the owners and mods do what they feel is best to run the site most effectively. As a reader and former tester, I cannot disagree more with this new setup. Announcement bars at the top do nothing to actually put the content in places that can get the most traffic. And like @PMookie pointed out, mobile readers have it even worse. It's bad enough the site doesn't work with Tapatalk anymore so I don't get push notifications on forum content, it's getting more difficult to follow content here. This new testing/review setup honestly feels to me like change for change's sake. 

This is not that at all and my apologies if it was taken as tough deal with it, as it certainly is not the case. The goal and end product is to enable this new feature within the existing forum to make it accessible for all. It very well may take a few more tweaks and we may end up having to modify some more procedures, however there again are a lot of benefits to this new system. 

I as a former tester know how important it is to be able to follow along and engage with the community with testing. That is a large reason why I have posted this in the first place is to get some knowledge out there and assist in clearing up some confusion within the community. Testing within this forum is a huge part and a huge driver in traffic and engagement of the forum and what gives it that unique feel. This is something that is not lost on me and is still what we want to achieve. 

My goal with this is to further help membership in any misunderstandings of this new system and to work with it to help adapt it to provide the features required or most used by the membership. I cannot say I have all the answers right now as I honestly do not, but am wanting to work with the community to make the appropriate adjustments to ensure we don't loose any of that feel which is so important to this site and its membership. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

I agree with most members and maybe because I am used to the old way but I haven't looked at one testing thread since it was changed, and that might be my fault bc I just scroll through see something that catches my interest and read through and post. 

Also its kind of ironic that the forum testing update thread is in the recent comments and not where the other test opportunity section ..

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

As a current tester I can see how the new set up with separate reviews and comments I think in time will be a nice set up. Again easier way to have the reviews front and center. I know this was mentioned but I will plug again, I use my phone a ton and I copied the activity feed built by @GolfSpy MPRand linked below. I made this my book mark and now all the comments to those testing threads show up with content from other threads. I made this my default bookmark now on my phone and computer and this switch has made it much easier. I voiced the same concerns over visibility when I started my test, but I think with just a few small tweaks to how we access the site it will get more visible to follow. 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/discover/158/ 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

18 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

As a current tester I can see how the new set up with separate reviews and comments I think in time will be a nice set up. Again easier way to have the reviews front and center. I know this was mentioned but I will plug again, I use my phone a ton and I copied the activity feed built by @GolfSpy MPRand linked below. I made this my book mark and now all the comments to those testing threads show up with content from other threads. I made this my default bookmark now on my phone and computer and this switch has made it much easier. I voiced the same concerns over visibility when I started my test, but I think with just a few small tweaks to how we access the site it will get more visible to follow. 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/discover/158/ 

going in there I actually like the new set up with the reviews and comments just to me I go into the recent and the testing section is out of sight out of mind for me, I am going to customize my stream like they said to see how it goes

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

7 minutes ago, jlukes said:

The problem is 99% of MGS forum readers will NOT do this.

Yup. And that must be frustrating as a tester to not have your hard work seen and recognized. I'd have to think the OEMs who are providing equipment for all the reviews and tests want as much traction as possible on these types of threads as well. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game