Forum Testing Update

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

To mark off the check list of requested items
Photos bug, all comment photos appear at top of the page- FIXED

Reactions (likes and such) for testers reviews - FIXED so please go like all their reviews!

Signatures - Will show for testers in review at the moment - Partial FIX (honest question do we need them in the actual comment section)

Mentions bug (brings to the bottom of review page not where mention or quote is) - Tested and FIXED

Recent Content - FIXED 

Review Tab/Signup Comment Tab - Completed

Testing Opportunities has now been replaced with Tests & Reviews
Screenshot 2021-07-22 21.16.01.png

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

UPDATE: Recent Content

Here with another update as they come fast a furious. For those who have NOT set up a stream please verify that when you hit recent content that 2021 Testing (new testing system) comes up and you are able to see any of the threads within your recent content. I have asked a few members through PM and it is showing up so it should be there for you, but best to check with the masses. 

I unchecked tests and saved my stream;  the system automatically adds it back to my unread stream.  Still remains in the unread list ; even after I have read the thread, until I mark the forum as read.  

• Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

UPDATE: Recent Content

Here with another update as they come fast a furious. For those who have NOT set up a stream please verify that when you hit recent content that 2021 Testing (new testing system) comes up and you are able to see any of the threads within your recent content. I have asked a few members through PM and it is showing up so it should be there for you, but best to check with the masses. 

Minor issue.  If I press the unread topic “bottom”, then look at the drop down that shows what I am including in the unread results, and then click outside to close that list the system prompts me to save the changes even if I didn’t change anything.   This only happens after I press the unread button,  if I go back and look at the drop down without pressing the new content button I don’t get the prompt.  

• Like 1

Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

20 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I unchecked tests and saved my stream;  the system automatically adds it back to my unread stream.  Still remains in the unread list ; even after I have read the thread, until I mark the forum as read.  

Unchecking the tests will then make it not show up in recent content which has been a core issue for the majority of users so far. If you do not want it save and set it as default and then it will stay unchecked. Although again then it would be like it was before and any updates to the new tests would not appear in your recent content. 

I'll pass along the read/unread bug, I know we have been looking into that and at the moment can't seem to find the reason why this is happening. 

• Like 1

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

22 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Unchecking the tests will then make it not show up in recent content which has been a core issue for the majority of users so far. If you do not want it save and set it as default and then it will stay unchecked. Although again then it would be like it was before and any updates to the new tests would not appear in your recent content. 

I'll pass along the read/unread bug, I know we have been looking into that and at the moment can't seem to find the reason why this is happening. 

I understand what you are trying to accomplish.  I tried to uncheck and save.  after the save the system automatically checked the box again; it does not appear that t can be permanently unchecked.   My guess is that the  developer probably forced it to be always checked which is why I cannot uncheck; not that I would uncheck the option.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I understand what you are trying to accomplish.  I tried to uncheck and save.  after the save the system automatically checked the box again; it does not appear that t can be permanently unchecked.   My guess is that the  developer probably forced it to be always checked which is why I cannot uncheck; not that I would uncheck the option.  

IF you wanted to permanently uncheck it here is the process

Unselect Test in content stream
Save Stream- Usually just save name as recent content
Finally select stream options (a little above where the save button is)
In select stream options choose "set as default stream" once that is done it will no longer reset for you. 

• Like 1

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

11 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

IF you wanted to permanently uncheck it here is the process

Unselect Test in content stream
Save Stream- Usually just save name as recent content
Finally select stream options (a little above where the save button is)
In select stream options choose "set as default stream" once that is done it will no longer reset for you. 

That may work provided you aren’t editing your default stream.   My option says “remove as default stream” not “set as default stream”

anyway, not that important; just something that doesn’t work as expected.  Low priority item 

• Like 1

@GolfSpy_APH the recent streams on mobile is working, I'm now seeing the test in progress threads! 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5° - Fujikura Pro

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 20.5° Utility - Catalyst X

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i - Recoils

Wedges:   :Sub70:  JB 52° , 286 56°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

2 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

@GolfSpy_APH the recent streams on mobile is working, I'm now seeing the test in progress threads! 

Woohoo! haha

• Like 1

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

5 minutes ago, Pager said:

I am trying to become a tester, but nothing is happening

• Like 3

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

15 minutes ago, Pager said:

I am trying to become a tester, but nothing is happening

While one of the moderators posted how selections are made,  I am sensing you don’t know how to apply.  If you could provide more details on the issue,  someone could help you through the process 

• Like 2

It may just be me, but the level of chatter on the review threads seems to have really dropped off since the changes.  Anyone else noticed this?  I'm wondering if a good many of our more casual forum members simply don't know about the new menu and tab system?  That and possibly even us frequent users are just having to navigate too deep into the weeds to conveniently jump in and post on the various product reviews?  

Not complaining just passing along my observations which are worth exactly what you paid for them 🙂.

• Like 9

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

11 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

It may just be me, but the level of chatter on the review threads seems to have really dropped off since the changes.  Anyone else noticed this?  I'm wondering if a good many of our more casual forum members simply don't know about the new menu and tab system?  That and possibly even us frequent users are just having to navigate too deep into the weeds to conveniently jump in and post on the various product reviews?  

Not complaining just passing along my observations which are worth exactly what you paid for them 🙂.

Nope not wrong at all which is why I was doing shameless plugs lol

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Nope not wrong at all which is why I was doing shameless plugs lol

On the good side, with the changes being made it'll be easier to find the content I know at least personally, after all this discussion on forum changes I now know where to find everything to join in!

• Like 5

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb

22 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

On the good side, with the changes being made it'll be easier to find the content I know at least personally, after all this discussion on forum changes I now know where to find everything to join in!

The thing I like the MOST is how the reviews themselves are separate and easy to find and they can stand out without getting lost. Thinking about this @GolfSpy_APHis there a way to have it open for all of the posts by testers to be in the review section so the whole process along the way is separate from the comments? This can show the progress of the review and people can see things in stages so we can see if there is a big change that one person has along the way.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

The thing I like the MOST is how the reviews themselves are separate and easy to find and they can stand out without getting lost. Thinking about this @GolfSpy_APHis there a way to have it open for all of the posts by testers to be in the review section so the whole process along the way is separate from the comments? This can show the progress of the review and people can see things in stages so we can see if there is a big change that one person has along the way.

We are awaiting the secondary update with a new tab which will separate signup comments and create a new tab where normal review chatter will be. The signup comment tab will close/lock after signups close and the new one will then open. 

Reviewers have their options to add important updates, links to comments they make which they feel are important to the review post and so on in their own review, however having all their comments in one post I believe would make for a very long page and post, especially with tests that have 6 or more testers. 

For now at least we will wait on this next update to come and see how it works before making more changes. Again separating signup comments and review comments will allow you to follow along much simpler and not have to view or scroll through 10+ pages of "hey I'll be great for this test" type posts and get right to the good stuff!

• Like 5
  • Love 2

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020