Forum Testing Update

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

To mark off the check list of requested items
Photos bug, all comment photos appear at top of the page- FIXED

Reactions (likes and such) for testers reviews - FIXED so please go like all their reviews!

Signatures - Will show for testers in review at the moment - Partial FIX (honest question do we need them in the actual comment section)

Mentions bug (brings to the bottom of review page not where mention or quote is) - Tested and FIXED

Recent Content - FIXED 

Review Tab/Signup Comment Tab - Completed

Testing Opportunities has now been replaced with Tests & Reviews
Screenshot 2021-07-22 21.16.01.png

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_CS said:

Alright, the web developer has been hard at work.

One issue that seems to be fixed:   When you get a notification that you've been quoted or someone reacted to a post on the new review portal, it was not going to that post.  That appears to be fixed now (at least in the trials I just ran).

Also, when clicking on a different page in the comments in the new portal, it would go back to the review tab.  That also appears to be fixed now. 

Still trying to iron out the testers resetting daily. 

Yes! When I clicked to go to a different page, I went to that page instead of the review tab. Yea, thanks!

But in one of my posts today, the "like" reaction button is missing. Maybe it will show up later?

• Like 3

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; 56/11 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

7 minutes ago, artful_golfer said:

Yes! When I clicked to go to a different page, I went to that page instead of the review tab. Yea, thanks!

But in one of my posts today, the "like" reaction button is missing. Maybe it will show up later?

Can put a link to the post you're referring to so I can pass it along to the developer? 

• Like 2

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

Twitter: @GolfSpy_CS

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter: 681811256_Odysseylogo.png.499799aea6663befa411c8db1d859702.png Stroke Lab Ten S 33"

Ball:  :taylormade-small: 2019 TP5X

Just wanted to say I love the new header page showing the photos of the testers selected for reviews. Nicely done mods!

729255531_ScreenShot2021-07-29at2_01_58PM.png.8ce34d99246e5cb692d48d10d7fb758d.png

• Like 6

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

Sorry to drop a new one but I see the comments are now split out for the pre-testing comments and after testing comments which great but when I add a new comment to the testing section it then takes me to a page 20, which matches the number of pages on the sign up comments. Not overly difficult to hit the back button but would be tougher if you are catching up and comment before the end of the thread.

Also it just did the same thing when clicking on the thread in the recent content stream I use. It took me to page 21 not page 1.

Edited by ejgaudette
Related bug
  • Like 3

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300 | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Left Dash Pro V1x| Right Handed 

24 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Sorry to drop a new one but I see the comments are now split out for the pre-testing comments and after testing comments which great but when I add a new comment to the testing section it then takes me to a page 20, which matches the number of pages on the sign up comments. Not overly difficult to hit the back button but would be tougher if you are catching up and comment before the end of the thread.

Also it just did the same thing when clicking on the thread in the recent content stream I use. It took me to page 21 not page 1.

Same

• Like 3

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) Mitsubishi MMT 70X
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x Pix
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

2021 Test - Callaway Epic Speed

2 hours ago, ejgaudette said:

I've just been going through it and taking screen shots along with some explanations to pass along to our dev to work on. I'm happy we have the new tabs and this will certainly help, but just need to get a few of these things sorted. Hopefully we will have updates for you later today.

• Like 8

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I've just been going through it and taking screen shots along with some explanations to pass along to our dev to work on. I'm happy we have the new tabs and this will certainly help, but just need to get a few of these things sorted. Hopefully we will have updates for you later today.

Today isn’t good enough I want it now!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂 Too hard to resist being a smarta$$

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Today isn’t good enough I want it now!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂 Too hard to resist being a smarta$$

If I had the tech skills to fix it myself I would... however although I am learning a lot within this new system and my capabilities are growing that is still outside my area of expertise. Plus as has been pointed out by several in the Titleist Tseries thread we have just a few applications to go through haha

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

2 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Careful...there's always this 🤣

giphy.gif

• Haha 6

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I can't get to the newest comments in the Callaway testing thread. I can see MaxEntropy's last comment in the newest comments section, but when I click on the thread it takes me to the last page and says there's no comments to read. Click back a page and it says the same thing.

• Like 1

In the bag:
Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 minute ago, MattF said:

I can't get to the newest comments in the Callaway testing thread. I can see MaxEntropy's last comment in the newest comments section, but when I click on the thread it takes me to the last page and says there's no comments to read. Click back a page and it says the same thing.

You probably need to hit the previous button until you see the content, it's a page count issue.

• Like 1

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) Mitsubishi MMT 70X
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x Pix
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

2021 Test - Callaway Epic Speed

27 minutes ago, MattF said:

I've taken screen shots and done some other troubleshooting and searching for a few issues with the second tab and sent them to the Dev. Hoping we get a update soon with fixes to the issues we have found.

• Like 5

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

OK all, just me here talking inside my box.  I really feel like the new format of having only the CCC show live on the Official Testing forum is a bit of a dis-service to the other OEM product tests.  The old system of seeing whichever test thread has the latest input from testers or the forum at large seemed a far better set-up.  I know the CCC is the big dog of the annual product testing but not necessarily the most important to the community at large.

Further, I think all of the OEM's who are gracious enough to offer product for testing, should have equal exposure on the main thread.  The "click here" for the other product testing has, IMHO, lowered viewership and the important dialogue that we historically experienced.  Perhaps I'm off in my thinking here, but it's what I'm observing.

As a current tester on the Evnroll "v" series putters, I feel like our testing dialogue is hidden in the archives.  Just being upfront and candid here FWIW.

• Like 9

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

7 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

OK all, just me here talking inside my box.  I really feel like the new format of having only the CCC show live on the Official Testing forum is a bit of a dis-service to the other OEM product tests.  The old system of seeing whichever test thread has the latest input from testers or the forum at large seemed a far better set-up.  I know the CCC is the big dog of the annual product testing but not necessarily the most important to the community at large.

Further, I think all of the OEM's who are gracious enough to offer product for testing, should have equal exposure on the main thread.  The "click here" for the other product testing has, IMHO, lowered viewership and the important dialogue that we historically experienced.  Perhaps I'm off in my thinking here, but it's what I'm observing.

As a current tester on the Evnroll "v" series putters, I feel like our testing dialogue is hidden in the archives.  Just being upfront and candid here FWIW.

I believe this was fixed a week or two ago. I am seeing other on going tests in my feed now without having to do anything different to my filters 

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X

:ping-small: G425 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 - Tour AD 95X

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115X(-)

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 60D

:EVNROLL: ER1v #CustomER

:titelist-small: ProV1

4 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

You probably need to hit the previous button until you see the content, it's a page count issue.

But I shouldn't have to.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

In the bag:
Bag: 

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Just to add on what Jlukes said. We have made the update to default content so that ALL new content in the updated testing section will now appear in Recent Content. This means equal exposure for all and although CC5 has a pre testing chatter thread, the official reviews of all the clubs and product will still be going into the new system. Because CC5 also has the challenges that is one reason why it has another thread, because it is somewhat separate to the review. 

With the new system review will be significantly easier to find because the search function within it great. Although we are still troubleshooting a bit with the new tabs this will also streamline it for all to see. Separating reviews, pre signup (pick me pick me please please I would be great for this test comments) and the real content we want to see and follow along with much easier. 

Yes, we are still working through things a bit to ensure it is working as intended, however it has come a LONG ways in the last month and I am much happier with this as is now and looking forward to how it continues to develop. 

I appreciate your concerns and we will do what we can to bump the tests and maybe we can look to feature a few of them to get some more traffic through to them for a week or so?

4 minutes ago, MattF said:

But I shouldn't have to.

Trouble shooting and working on it! 

• Like 9

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

On 7/14/2021 at 5:10 PM, EasyPutter said:

New things require new learnings and currently I am perplexed by the experience of posting my review for the Decathlon Inesis Waterproof Grip shoes.  I worked out not only how to post the review but also to edit it.  The Title still says Testing but when I go to my review posting, I can see all the photos lined up underneath the announcement of testers and my review and nothing more.  So no idea if I am the only tester who has posted review and not able to see the string of posts done during testing.  What is it I did not notice that would give me access to the whole forum string in this new design?

Yours truly, Puzzled 🧩

(Hey this is my 400th post 👍)

Congratulations on 400.

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 7/29/2021 at 2:05 PM, Headhammer said:

Just wanted to say I love the new header page showing the photos of the testers selected for reviews. Nicely done mods!

729255531_ScreenShot2021-07-29at2_01_58PM.png.8ce34d99246e5cb692d48d10d7fb758d.png

You beat me to it but still thanks for brining that up - it does look good. Nice job Mods! 

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Just to add on what Jlukes said. We have made the update to default content so that ALL new content in the updated testing section will now appear in Recent Content. This means equal exposure for all and although CC5 has a pre testing chatter thread, the official reviews of all the clubs and product will still be going into the new system. Because CC5 also has the challenges that is one reason why it has another thread, because it is somewhat separate to the review. 

With the new system review will be significantly easier to find because the search function within it great. Although we are still troubleshooting a bit with the new tabs this will also streamline it for all to see. Separating reviews, pre signup (pick me pick me please please I would be great for this test comments) and the real content we want to see and follow along with much easier. 

Yes, we are still working through things a bit to ensure it is working as intended, however it has come a LONG ways in the last month and I am much happier with this as is now and looking forward to how it continues to develop. 

I appreciate your concerns and we will do what we can to bump the tests and maybe we can look to feature a few of them to get some more traffic through to them for a week or so?

Trouble shooting and working on it! 

I know you guys are working hard on this so please don't construe my feedback as anything but just that... my experience using it and as compared to what we had prior to the changes.  Perhaps mostly its just the added layer getting to the comments which previously were right out in the open on the main Official Testing forum.

I'll go back in my box now.

Under Box GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 4

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

4 hours ago, Rickp said:

Congratulations on 400.

Thank you!  Going for 500... 🏌️‍♂️

⛳

Verified Hack, 23 handicap 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: O'Donnell Triumph hybrids 10-15-19-27 graphite, Ginty Trouble Club steel

|> Blades: First StrikeTM DeliveranceTM 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-P  Spitfire Graphite XL Shafts

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1       

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain:C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳   1435280570_COBALTicon25tall.jpg.31b6f5458d409c6539d66b88e728a841.jpgQ6 Slope   🏌️‍♂️  572101405_SwingUicon25.jpg.ef5d6308ca59444daedc3e24214e87d9.jpgSwingU Looper  

💻  1308581734_EPLogoxsm.jpg.93b58a256c00a74e47a35314305b477f.jpgMGS Logo  🌐  1590215503_dghLogo30.jpg.f5abb718a74e4d05c07131656bb13e78.jpgBall mark   |>   IGBRC   [International Golf Ball Rescue Committee] "playing the best found balls" -Founder-

1231925043_PGAHOPE_H_4Ch30.png.f5b3c2e4a88708f6a6b5d3e143d9cba8.png PGA HOPE Member 2138091835_StickHackLogo2021(3)20pixelstall.png.47a28d11828bd99f0147b9eee5c17ec4.png  "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course" Member 

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-25.png.11580987b80d9d26da7f04a31eadac9d.png  2021 Official Tester - Inesis Waterproof Grip Golf Shoes 1398724741_Inesislogo.jpg.34e215e2c1310a7b31d310ab89f4c188.jpg