Forum Testing Update

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

To mark off the check list of requested items
Photos bug, all comment photos appear at top of the page- FIXED

Reactions (likes and such) for testers reviews - FIXED so please go like all their reviews!

Signatures - Will show for testers in review at the moment - Partial FIX (honest question do we need them in the actual comment section)

Mentions bug (brings to the bottom of review page not where mention or quote is) - Tested and FIXED

Recent Content - FIXED 

Review Tab/Signup Comment Tab - Completed

Testing Opportunities has now been replaced with Tests & Reviews
Screenshot 2021-07-22 21.16.01.png

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

I know this isn’t testing related but it started with the testing threads for me now it is all the threads. It never takes me to the last unread post anymore it will take me to a random spot sometimes on the last page sometimes not. It was only on the testing pages now it is site wide.

The same happens to me.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

@GolfSpy_APH @GolfSpy_THV Just posted another comment in the Sub70 driver thread. Last comment I could see was by Bens197, which was the last one when I commented on Saturday. After posting a comment, I could see about 10-15 new comments after Bens (not including my comment from Saturday. 

Now for the weird bit. When I went back to check Bens full name, his was the last visible comment again.

I commented again and took a screenshot while in the thread and after leaving and going back into it to demonstrate. 

After comment

4983044A-F59E-4182-8AD6-142127482445.png.f3d4be2db86bdfab9baebc7e56935774.png

After going back into thread

5B18FAC2-52B0-4333-BF5B-20FA939C5D19.png.15c4bfeb1c2bde55368c2e7574082772.png

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

:ping-small:  G400 SFT Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

2 hours ago, Peaksy68 said:

@GolfSpy_APH @GolfSpy_THV Just posted another comment in the Sub70 driver thread. Last comment I could see was by Bens197, which was the last one when I commented on Saturday. After posting a comment, I could see about 10-15 new comments after Bens (not including my comment from Saturday. 

Now for the weird bit. When I went back to check Bens full name, his was the last visible comment again.

I commented again and took a screenshot while in the thread and after leaving and going back into it to demonstrate. 

After comment

4983044A-F59E-4182-8AD6-142127482445.png.f3d4be2db86bdfab9baebc7e56935774.png

After going back into thread

5B18FAC2-52B0-4333-BF5B-20FA939C5D19.png.15c4bfeb1c2bde55368c2e7574082772.png

That is screwy for sure. We'll have our Dev investigate and thank you for providing screengrabs. These are immensely helpful when trying to convey any issue since explaining it, even on video chat, is a bit confusing.

• Like 4

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Evenflow Black 65 6.0

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

TESTING:  :titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue

:wilson_staff_small:  D7 4-GW, KBS 105

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

• 2 weeks later...

Might we consider reversing the Official Testing forum format such that the current tests in progress and sign-up's are on the main page and the archived/completed tests are in the link?  Or, better yet, how about two seperate sub forums?

Probably in the minority here but, prior to the changes, I found it much easier to stay current on all testing; current and follow-up's on completed.  

• Like 6

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Might we consider reversing the Official Testing forum format such that the current tests in progress and sign-up's are on the main page and the archived/completed tests are in the link?  Or, better yet, how about two seperate sub forums?

Probably in the minority here but, prior to the changes, I found it much easier to stay current on all testing; current and follow-up's on completed.  

I'll check, but I don't think it can be separated like that. 

I know I've mentioned it before in this thread, but the new testing platform is basically a separate site to the forum. This is why all the old tests (pre new systems) are in a separate tab. 

The new system has a better search function as well and will enable you to also sort by a star rating system. With this it will catalog a lot of tests and have ways to sort them down the road. 

I'll check in, because i do know that we will need to change the title from current tests to something else in the future, but unless a full new page is built for archiving I'm not sure how that will work. In any case I'll pass along the feedback. 

Also just want to see what you mean by main page? Do you mean forum or recent content? 

• Like 1

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

40 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I know I've mentioned it before in this thread, but the new testing platform is basically a separate site to the forum. This is why all the old tests (pre new systems) are in a separate tab.

I missed this detail.  

42 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Also just want to see what you mean by main page? Do you mean forum or recent content? 

For me, the same page as the CCC5.  Seeing which topics (tests) are trending and where the surges in interest in discussions is taking place is the aspect I miss. It's like they've become the back pages of the newspaper instead of today's headlines... OMG, did I just carbon date myself or what 😆?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I missed this detail.  

For me, the same page as the CCC5.  Seeing which topics (tests) are trending and where the surges in interest in discussions is taking place is the aspect I miss. It's like they've become the back pages of the newspaper instead of today's headlines... OMG, did I just carbon date myself or what 😆?

They shouldn't be on any back pages. All the tests show up anytime there are posts in the Recent Content stream by default. So maybe there is a setting that we are missing on your account that could be causing that change or to not appear. 

I should also add that all the CC5 club reviews will take place in the testing page. 

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

11 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

They shouldn't be on any back pages. All the tests show up anytime there are posts in the Recent Content stream by default. So maybe there is a setting that we are missing on your account that could be causing that change or to not appear. 

I should also add that all the CC5 club reviews will take place in the testing page. 

Perhaps that was a bad analogy.  It's just that they are no longer all together where, whichever ones are today's hot topics (current or archive), are readily seen. I don't think I've made any unique account settings changes?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fixyurdivot said:

Perhaps that was a bad analogy.  It's just that they are no longer all together where, whichever ones are today's hot topics (current or archive), are readily seen. I don't think I've made any unique account settings changes?

Okay I think I understand a little more. The reason all the tests are not together are because this new platform runs separately to the forum which is why they have the new sign up method and so on.

With this all tests from this year forward will be all together in the new area.

All others 2020 and prior will be in the other past tests. Unfortunately there isn't really a work around with this unless we created all new threads for every single test that we have ever done which well frankly I won't be doing. 

• Like 2

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

7 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Okay I think I understand a little more. The reason all the tests are not together are because this new platform runs separately to the forum which is why they have the new sign up method and so on.

With this all tests from this year forward will be all together in the new area.

All others 2020 and prior will be in the other past tests. Unfortunately there isn't really a work around with this unless we created all new threads for every single test that we have ever done which well frankly I won't be doing. 

Makes sense.  Thanks Jamie.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Yes I have struggled this year keeping up with all the testing. I have also been testing so have definitely been focused on that but following along is a little more difficult right now compared to last year. Could be a getting used to it thing. Much cleaner right now though compared to when it first was starting.

• Like 3

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸