TESTERS WANTED! ×

Bryson "The Driver Sucks"; Cobra rep follows up on their side

TBS

4 hours ago, Middler said:

I can’t imagine publicly dissing a primary sponsor, that’s just wrong. But that’s just one more bullet for my long list of reasons I don’t care for Bryson. I wouldn’t even look at much less buy anything associated with Bryson. But I know many people like him, and that’s just ducky.

When the rep and his caddie from last week goes on record saying he has outbursts like an 8 year old, you know he's insufferable. But at what point is too much. We are only seeing a small glimpse of how he acts in private and what his sponsors and entourage put up with. From the GolfWeek article-

“It’s like an 8-year-old that gets mad at you,” he said. “They might fly off the handle and say, ‘I hate you.’ But then you go. ‘Whoa, no you don’t.’ We know as adults that they really don’t mean that and I know that if I got him cornered right now and said, ‘What the hell did you say that for,’ he would say that he was mad. He didn’t really mean to say it that harshly. He knows how much everyone bends over backwards for him, but it’s still not cool.”

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Just to quickly add my two cents in. I think he is unhappy with the wrong company... In the last two majors I've seen him loose grip on footwork several times slipping as he is trying to swing for the heavens. Considering if that happened to me I would end up on my face or whiffing on the ball completely I would say his driver is doing a respectable job. If I was him I would be looking at a more stable shoe that will not allow this to happen and so he can have the assurance he will have his footing when swinging at his incredible speeds. 

I like this take better. But also, what's next... Hypothetically, He would then have "the best shoes" and still only hit 4 fairways in a round where he used multiple clubs outside of driver. Does he blame the shape of the tee boxes? Dew point? Grips? Glove? Underwear? I think I just want him to take responsibility for not playing well. I feel like this is golf psychology 101. Control what you can control and accept the bad shots. If he has a miss-hit or foot slips swinging at his 100%, maybe he can swing at 90% and still hit it 20-30 yards past others. 

What he has done is incredible, but at what point will he realize that his plan is not perfect?

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

These are some funny and very good comments in this thread. I just think he needs to make his mind up is he going to swing like the long driver folks or use his intellect and actually think for a change about going all out every tee-shot. Not like he can't reach every green in regulation on tour with like a hybrid off the tee with his length 😀. Seriously he really needs to work on those wedges and throttle back on the driver. But what do I know I would give anything to hit it as far as him. Hopefully he and Cobra will find happiness with a driver model. 

8 hours ago, TBS said:

What he has done is incredible, but at what point will he realize that his plan is not perfect?

I think you’re absolutely right, he can dial down his driver, still it past everyone, and think his way around the course and probably do pretty well.  Unfortunately in his apology, he states he is “relentless in the pursuit of improvement and perfection” which makes me think he may not change.

14 hours ago, Jonny_Crash said:

Looks like he apologized already:

13 hours ago, russtopherb said:

That's not an apology.

That's an "oh crap I'm very close to costing myself a LOT of money so I better have my agent write something for me ASAP" statement.

An apology would be fine if it was more the exception rather than the rule. Wore thin a long time ago. He mouths off and apologizes too often, grow up and act professional. Eight year old indeed…

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

I have been openly critical of Bryson for a number of years now. I am firmly NOT in the camp that he is good for the game. The "mad scientists" routine is tired and played out. Real physicists have openly mocked his shtick and the guy doesn't even have a college degree. Something even DJ has! Speaking of the "mad scientists" routine, Brandel Chamblee's comparison last night to Steve Jobs was absurd!!! Nothing out of the ordinary for Brandel to be absurd but this one may very well be his most ridiculous.

The following is purely speculation on my part. I believe Bryson exhibits some very real Autism Spectrum tendencies. His aloofness, unwillingness to take ownership in his own mess, and consistent blame of others for his shortcomings are glaring. He's obviously very immature and something of a "petulant child." I'm just starting to believe there may be a little more to it than that. 

Just imagine, over the past year, he has had very public run-ins with a cameraman, two rules officials, imaginary fire ants, a fence, Brooks (who is also childish), his own caddy, his own sponsors (Rocket Mortgage & Cobra), his own equipment, and tournament volunteers. It is very possible, Bryson could go from US Open champion in 2020 to losing several sponsorships, caddy, and management team in 2021. Bryson would, in my opinion, greatly benefit from having someone around him that isn't afraid to call him out on his bulls**t. 

13 hours ago, russtopherb said:

That's not an apology.

That's an "oh crap I'm very close to costing myself a LOT of money so I better have my agent write something for me ASAP" statement.

Wait cant you say anything you want these days as long as you publicly apologize?! (Insert sarcasm through sentence)

This is whats wrong with 99.9% of anyone that is high profile. Just pretend to apologize and all is forgiven.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

57 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Wait cant you say anything you want these days as long as you publicly apologize?! (Insert sarcasm through sentence)

This is whats wrong with 99.9% of anyone that is high profile. Just pretend to apologize and all is forgiven.

At this point, I was hoping he would have just doubled down in his apology. Bryson - my agent fees are low. Feel free to have your people reach out to my people.

Here is how I would have Bryson “apologize” - "I was frustrated after a bad round yesterday and that impacted how I responded to the question. I'm sorry to Cobra. I love you and thank you for putting up with me. I'm not happy with my driver right now, when you are a superhuman, you have to have super clubs, technology is not evolving as fast as I am. It's a good problem to have, I guess. By the time I'm 130, with 250 mph club head speed, I know Cobra will have a driver that is forgiving but can still get me 380 on miss-hits and 450 on center strikes. Thanks to all my sponsors (insert list of sponsors)."

1 minute ago, TBS said:

At this point, I was hoping he would have just doubled down in his apology. Bryson - my agent fees are low. Feel free to have your people reach out to my people.

"I was frustrated after a bad round yesterday and that impacted how I responded to the question. I'm sorry to Cobra. I love you and thank you for putting up with me. I'm not happy with my driver right now, when you are a superhuman, you have to have super clubs, technology is not evolving as fast as I am. It's a good problem to have, I guess. By the time I'm 130, with 250 mph club head speed, I know Cobra will have a driver that is forgiving but can still get me 380 on miss-hits and 450 on center strikes. Thanks to all my sponsors (insert list of sponsors)."

Super backhanded with the "superhuman, you have to have super clubs"  Apologizes and then takes another shot at the equipment while boasting how awesome he is.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

I find two aspects of this situation interesting.  1.  Cobra's response.  I cannot remember a sponsor ever calling one of their fold "an eight year old" and stating he said something "so stupid." 

2.  Bryson has talked about his "brand" and how he has to protect his brand.  What kind of a brand is he cultivating with his ridiculous feud with Brooks and lashing out at Cobra-- bitting the hand that feeds him.  

I'm glad Bryson is in the game.  I tried single length irons a few years before I had ever heard of BAD.  I liked the concept but hated the heads of the ones I tried.  I hoped that some day a company would offer more of a players iron in single length.  Cobra, Stirling and Edel, plus others, now offer much better single length irons, in large part, because of BAD.  (I play Edel and played Cobra for a couple of years.)  I would love to read BAD's contract with Cobra and see what provisions are in there regarding BAD's behavior.  

Brooks Koepka post round interview today. " Drove the ball great. Love my driver." 🤣

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

18 hours ago, russtopherb said:

That's not an apology.

... I think it was more of an ... all these people at Cobra have bent over backwards for me, loved me like a spoiled child when I have tantrums, backed me up through thick and thin and have always been there for me. I realized after my last tantrum that I made public instead of private that I had really pi$$ed them off and hurt them professionally but even more so, I hurt them personally so I kinda apologized.

... Fwiw, when I play with really long hitters it is always a mixed bag. Yes, hitting the ball 300+ off the tee can be a huge advantage but it also brings in trouble most golfers do not have to deal with. On many holes if I hit it 260 and just off line I might be in the first cut or maybe the light rough. On that exact same line, 310+ puts them in the trees or worse. 325-360 brings all kinds of trouble into play that are really not the holes design. Really big hitters rarely take out an iron and almost always use driver on every hole because it can be such a weapon, but honestly I am a little surprised they don't choose when to attack and when to be conservative. And Bryson hits it waaaaay off line and it is clearly not the drivers fault. He is the epitome of Go Big or Go Home and of course he has done both. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

53 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

Brooks Koepka post round interview today. " Drove the ball great. Love my driver." 🤣

Love that.

I saw a tweet about BK shoulda showed up with a Cobra driver and hit every fairway.  Would have been outstanding for their little whatever the heck it is they have going on.

18 hours ago, russtopherb said:

That's not an apology.

I agree - maybe the word came down to him  -if you don't like it go somewhere else. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

I agree - maybe the word came down to him  -if you don't like it go somewhere else. 

Funny thought - who would Bryon's next sponsor be?

Funny ones I've thought of:

PXG - Imagine the commercials between Bryson and Bob Parsons!

XXIO - because no other equipment company wants him

TourEdge - they need to break into sponsoring "younger" athletes

Honma - Bryson begins doing more Asian tour events and redefines his image overseas

11 minutes ago, TBS said:

Honma - Bryson begins doing more Asian tour events and redefines his image overseas

I would put some cash on Honma for sure. Nice thought process there.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

52 minutes ago, TBS said:

What no Taylormade - So they can put like 6 more models out a year?

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Idk why I love Brooks’ pettiness so much, but I’m here for it. Bryson legit manufactured his own coffin this week and then lied down in it. 😂

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

On 7/16/2021 at 4:05 PM, TBS said:

I know David Glod, CEO and Chief Club Designer at Tour Edge Golf quite well ( I have been a Tour Edge Fitter/Dealer for more than a decade). Glod is a nice guy, but he would put up with Bryson and his nonsense for about ten minutes before telling him to take a hike.

Bob Parsons of PXG with Bryson could be a really interesting pairing ... at least until the inner Marine in Parsons came out.

Bryson has a history of alienating his sponsors and supporters/team members. My cousin was Dechambeau's fitness trainer and advisor until he told Bryson that he was doing his body more harm than good with the super high-protein, high-calorie diet.  Bryson thought that he knew better than my cousin Greg, who not only has a Master's Degree in Physical Therapy and Exercise Physiology, but also worked with (and continues to work with) Peyton Manning, Karl Malone, Donna DeVaronna, and scores of other very successful professional athletes. Bryson went from giving Greg a huge shout-out in his post U.S. Open press conference to acting as if Greg and his company didn't exist after he was given advice that he rejected. BTW, you'll notice that Bryson has more recently cut down on the high-calorie diet and dropped about 20 lbs.

DR - Callaway Paradym X, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - T.E. Exotics C722, Diamana D+ 82-S

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Callaway Epic Flash, ACCRA Tour X 80S

Irons - Cobra Forged Tec X (5-GW), KBS TGI 75-R

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - Makefield VS custom, 34", 67* lie, 1.75* loft

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus (OnCore ELIXR or Maxfli Tour S in winter)

Bags - Vessel

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

On 7/15/2021 at 3:50 PM, TBS said:

It’s so much of this. He is presented as being so smart, but let’s face it he is not. What he is doing carries a large margin for error. So when he’s off it’s not going to go well, but when on it can be incredible. 

And the thing is, it won’t be long before the next time Bryson puts his foot in his mouth again, and again, and again. Eight year old…

• Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

On 7/16/2021 at 4:58 PM, The 19th Hole said:

What no Taylormade - So they can put like 6 more models out a year?

I’ve read a couple of different places, the new owners of TaylorMade will look to downsize their Tour footprint toward the end of this season. They are looking at more of a Ping/Titleist model from what’s being discussed. 

Bryson and Big Bob “Pigman” Parsons would be a match made in heaven/hell, depending on your perspective. 

How hard would it have been, during the initial interview, to say something like "You know, I just didn't have it going with the driver today.  Some days it works and I look like a genius, and some days it doesn't work - and you get this.  We all fight the driver some days, and I'm no different."

Can't his handlers coach him on how to respond like this, instead of acting like a 4 year old?

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

On 7/15/2021 at 1:25 PM, TBS said:

If I was an equipment company, I would stay far away from Bryson. The amount of resources you would have to put forward to R&D to make a driver that fits Bryson would take a lot of time, money, and people. 

Full recap of what happened - in Bryson's post round interview (https://twitter.com/theopen/status/1415699970276139010?s=21) he says the "driver sucks" and mishits result in really bad shots. Golfweek then gets a Cobra rep to comment on his statement. The rep who goes into detail about what they are having to do to work with Bryson. People are actively CAD'ing to get him a better driver.

image.png.64376a98a78ff2979e790a38fbdc08be.png

At what point is Cobra not seeing ROI when Bryson demands so much? What they design for him would never touch a shelf in a big box store.

So I have posted previously that IMO Bryson needs to make his mind up whether he’s wants to be like the professional long drivers or compete with a consistency which positions him on a Sunday to have a chance of winning. Like the Cobra rep stated, “the magic bullet becomes harder and harder to find the faster you swing and the lower your loft gets” (Golfweek link-Cobra Rep quote).

Bryson certainly has the physique to bulk and swing all out like the long drivers. But both are erratic at best and live for the one monster shot. Bryson has one shot per grid and while he can play outside the grid — i.e. fairways he then reveals a key weakness IMO with the wedges he uses. So it looks like he is scrambling like a short hitter around the greens yet he hit longest freaking drive in the group.

So I say all that to say the next company should he part ways with Cobra (and I don’t think he will near term) will need very experienced and patient team to cater to Bryson’s high demands regarding equipment. Not too many companies with single length club technology track record/resources that Cobra possess. Sure the other big companies could assemble a team but is the risk (ie. business model and potential profits) worth the gamble? I mean should he get a green jacket or another US Open everybody has new opinions and profits most likely follow.

Right now he has time on his side and a body that can do what in his mind he is trying to achieve but….. that won’t last forever and the older he gets unless he begins to dominate then he better get some public relations advice and simplify things a bit regarding his equipment and course management. Talent is there but so it is for many many others in game today. I hope he finds success again as I do think he's good for the game. 

3 hours ago, aerospace_ray said:

So I say all that to say the next company should he part ways with Cobra (and I don’t think he will near term) will need very experienced and patient team to cater to Bryson’s high demands regarding equipment. Sure the other big companies could assemble a team but is the risk (ie. business model and potential profits) worth the gamble?

…unless he begins to dominate then he better get some public relations advice and simplify things a bit regarding his equipment and course management.

He already has a team of at least 6 including two coaches, an agent and a social media director. I’m sure he gets good advice, but he’s “too smart” to listen and too immature to stay composed when faced with adversity. 

https://brysondechambeau.com/team

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

3 hours ago, aerospace_ray said:

So I have posted previously that IMO Bryson needs to make his mind up whether he’s wants to be like the professional long drivers or compete with a consistency which positions him on a Sunday to have a chance of winning. Like the Cobra rep stated, “the magic bullet becomes harder and harder to find the faster you swing and the lower your loft gets” (Golfweek link-Cobra Rep quote).

I've had the same thought since his transformation.  When it works, it works with authority. But the margin of error is, IMHO, just too narrow and, on most tour tracks, just too punishing. I honestly think if he just dials it back some, he still maintains the length advantage and puts himself in better scoring position more frequently.  Then he can tell Cobra their wedges suck 🤣.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Well, in the end re Bryson, who hasn't, if not blamed, but at least tried a new club or club setting, etc. to overcome a streak of crummy drives? However, we DO pay our $ for every inch of that, not free! Bryson apologized, but further, we should also hear that he bought every member his Cobra team a big $ gift too. He needs to grow up yet, pretty mature though for his age. Let us give him one more chance to explore the limits of golf's newest technologies. It is just fun, however none of his findings will trickle down to us mortals in golf. Lessons, concentration & not hardware are my answers...oops, but just maybe I do see a new 2022 driver to try!

1 hour ago, ronkie31 said:

Well, in the end re Bryson, who hasn't, if not blamed, but at least tried a new club or club setting, etc. to overcome a streak of crummy drives? However, we DO pay our $ for every inch of that, not free! Bryson apologized, but further, we should also hear that he bought every member his Cobra team a big $ gift too. He needs to grow up yet, pretty mature though for his age. Let us give him one more chance to explore the limits of golf's newest technologies. It is just fun, however none of his findings will trickle down to us mortals in golf. Lessons, concentration & not hardware are my answers...oops, but just maybe I do see a new 2022 driver to try!

Seriously? I can't think of another touring pro his age with more self-inflicted behavioral incidents. So we agree to disagree, but that's allowed...

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

I don't think anyone generates more discussion than Bryson on tour at the moment considering Tiger isn't playing. Even casual golfers will bring up random things about him on the course, good or bad. For an OEM in Cobra's position (well behind the big 3/4), they need him worse than he needs them. It wouldn't be hard to build his own custom clubs as in the past. It's not like he can't play on tour or has to move to variable length if he doesn't get clubs from Cobra.  

Rickie Fowler doesn't even play his own special edition blades. Nobody else is getting wins to draw attention to Cobra product (which is misguided but apparently drives sales or these companies wouldn't sponsor so many players). Most notable would be Lexi and her misses in Majors. 

It wouldn't be a surprise to see another company sponsor him and make it priority behind the scenes to hype up their equipment to market how well they could tailor their product for unique applications and leverage the fallout from this incident. Callaway is making low loft stuff for Phil in longer lengths and has a number of Long Drive players (used to sponsor Kyle Berkshire who is higher ball speed than Bryson). If he suddenly picked up another 10 yards in average driving distance, it would generate some buzz. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

On 7/18/2021 at 10:20 AM, sixcat said:

I’ve read a couple of different places, the new owners of TaylorMade will look to downsize their Tour footprint toward the end of this season. They are looking at more of a Ping/Titleist model from what’s being discussed. 

Bryson and Big Bob “Pigman” Parsons would be a match made in heaven/hell, depending on your perspective. 

I would pay to see/hear those interactions!

Just tap it in.  Lil' taparoo.

:honma: TW747 460 10.5° Vizard stiff

:adams-small: 4 Hybrid

:Sub70: 699 5-Aw; KBS Tour-V 90 Stiff

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 58°

:taylormade-small: Spider Interactive