Bryson "The Driver Sucks"; Cobra rep follows up on their side

TBS

On 7/18/2021 at 10:20 AM, sixcat said:

I’ve read a couple of different places, the new owners of TaylorMade will look to downsize their Tour footprint toward the end of this season. They are looking at more of a Ping/Titleist model from what’s being discussed. 

Bryson and Big Bob “Pigman” Parsons would be a match made in heaven/hell, depending on your perspective. 

I would love to see that. put the PXG model to the test and give Bryson basically free range. Either would turn out amazing or everything to burn

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS with RDX Blue 70g S [back up and on life support Epic Flash SZ with Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.5" ]

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: TAII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter 

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X and :OnCore: vero X1 (may dabble in proV1 at some point)

:Arccos:

On 7/18/2021 at 1:36 PM, HardcoreLooper said:

How hard would it have been, during the initial interview, to say something like "You know, I just didn't have it going with the driver today.  Some days it works and I look like a genius, and some days it doesn't work - and you get this.  We all fight the driver some days, and I'm no different."

Can't his handlers coach him on how to respond like this, instead of acting like a 4 year old?

Bryson's problem is that he ignores his "handlers" far too often ... like every time he thinks he know better than they do, which is almost always.

• Like 2

Driver: Ping G425 Max, 9*, Miyazaki  Kuala Mizu Tour Issue 6S, 44.75" playing length

4-Wood: Titleist TS2, 16.5*, Miyazaki Kuala Mizu Tour Issue 7S, 42.75" playing length

5/7-Wood: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero set to 20* loft; Tensei Blue 75-S, 41.5" playing length

Hybrids: Exotics EXS Pro (22*), Mitsubishi Tensei Silver 75S

Irons: Exotics EXS220 5-iron and New Level MODB-1 (6-iron through PW), KBS TGI Tour 80 (stiff) shafts

Wedges: New Hogan Equalizer wedges (48* and 56* + Maltby TSW Forged 52-8, all bent 1* weak

Putter: Evnroll ER2, 34”with Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTBx

Spoiler

Listening to Michael Breed this morning defending Bryson was painful.  He likes him so much that he's objectivity went out the window.

Driver:  TM SIM2 Max

Woods:  3/5 TM SIM2 Max

Hybrid:  22 PXG

Irons:  5-PW 0311XF PXG

Wedges: 50/54/58 Vokey SM8 Black 

Putter:  Custom SC 009 35/330g

On 7/19/2021 at 1:00 PM, rbsiedsc said:

I would love to see that. put the PXG model to the test and give Bryson basically free range. Either would turn out amazing or everything to burn

Yeah, well, Bryson couldn't get away with his childish behavior with Purple Heart recipient Bob Parsons.

Edited by hrfdez
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, hrfdez said:

Listening to Michael Breed this morning defending Bryson was painful.  He likes him so much that he's objectivity went out the window.

Michael Breed has never been objective. He has been toting the company mail (PGA Tour) for two decades. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sixcat said:

Michael Breed has never been objective. He has been toting the company mail (PGA Tour) for two decades. 

I sent him an email to call him on it. 

I can tell you this much, if I were in charge of Cobra Golf, after that tantrum, DeChambeau would have not be playing my equipment. 

Edited by hrfdez
  • Like 2

On 7/19/2021 at 8:53 AM, ronkie31 said:

He needs to grow up yet, pretty mature though for his age.

He's 27 years old, about to turn 28. I would agree if he was 18-20 and skipped college to go on tour.

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

On 7/18/2021 at 1:20 PM, sixcat said:

I’ve read a couple of different places, the new owners of TaylorMade will look to downsize their Tour footprint toward the end of this season. They are looking at more of a Ping/Titleist model from what’s being discussed. 

Bryson and Big Bob “Pigman” Parsons would be a match made in heaven/hell, depending on your perspective. 

“Pigman”??

2 minutes ago, LICC said:

“Pigman”??

Obviously, you haven't seen the latest PXG commercial!!!

Spare yourself the misery. It's atrocious!!!

• Haha 1

On 7/28/2021 at 8:27 AM, sixcat said:

LOL, OK, thanks for the warning!

On 7/28/2021 at 8:27 AM, sixcat said:

If you listen to the npg episode when he hosted he explains the commercial 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

20 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

If you listen to the npg episode when he hosted he explains the commercial 

Doesn't make it any less atrocious!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Guessing opinion is based solely on the ad and not based on hearing the mindset behind it, but either way it’s one opinion vs another and saying to spare ones misery is only slightly biased

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

11 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Guessing opinion is based solely on the ad and not based on hearing the mindset behind it, but either way it’s one opinion vs another and saying to spare ones misery is only slightly biased

I listened a few weeks ago. Wasn't impressed. Parson's has made a fortune from schtick. Good for him. It's not for me, bias or no bias!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

I listened a few weeks ago. Wasn't impressed. Parson's has made a fortune from schtick. Good for him. It's not for me, bias or no bias!

... Can you imagine this same type of commercial for BMW? Rolex? Really any premium brand? 

• Like 1

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

57 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Can you imagine this same type of commercial for BMW? Rolex? Really any premium brand? 

It's akin to those old Go Daddy commercials Parsons used to put out during the Super Bowl. They target a specific audience. I'm obviously not that audience. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, sixcat said:

It's akin to those old Go Daddy commercials Parsons used to put out during the Super Bowl. They target a specific audience. I'm obviously not that audience. 

... Yup, you can't help but conjure up Al Czervik as rich, ignorant, obnoxious and a perfect target audience customer. Clearly PXG has plenty of sales so it is working with some golfers. Of course there are those that could not care less about a commercial and base their purchase on looks at address and performance.

• Like 3

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

I'm at the point where I can't stand Bryson. His vaccine stupidity, not yelling Fore on bad drives, slow play, all of it. Happy to see him lose.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2021 at 12:40 PM, sixcat said:

Yep but it is funny to me--- A guy I play with some has a full set of PXGs----- I was doing the pig squeal thing while trouncing his butt with a set of 1980 Mac blades .  Right now he is hot as a match at me. 

Edited by BIG STU
  • Haha 4

Driver ---- TM M-6 Evenflow 65 G R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel Ust Pro Force 65 R flex---  Irons 4 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts-- SW Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore---- LW Cleveland 588 60* S-400 Sensicore--- Putter Rusty 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft- Bag My Old School Titleist Mini Staff

On 7/29/2021 at 4:26 PM, chisag said:

... Yup, you can't help but conjure up Al Czervik as rich, ignorant, obnoxious and a perfect target audience customer. Clearly PXG has plenty of sales so it is working with some golfers. Of course there are those that could not care less about a commercial and base their purchase on looks at address and performance.

My bud Bear had bought a set of those irons a couple of years ago when the 0311s had came out. He had them fit and all by the PXG dealer in Fayetteville NC. Now he was stoked on them for 2 weeks or so which is about par for the course with him. Then he switched again and right now he is hitting a graphite shafted set of The newest Titleist I think the T-100 or something like that. I had told him when he got those PXGs that I was not messing with them period. Well he turned up at the house 2 weeks ago and had his PXG 6 iron he had pulled the shaft which is a disaster to begin with. He was wanting to switch shafts to something else. He had no idea what diameter the shafts were. Well the engineers at PXG have complicated things. If you use anything less than 370 then you have to buy the plastic adaptors and a special PXG collered ferrule. I cleaned out the hosel where he had heated it and melted the adaptors and it was a mess. I did retrofit a 370 shaft into it but tried a Callaway collered ferrule and I am not completely satisifed with the fitment. I do know at the bottom it is drilled for a taper tip but from my research I have the conclusion you can fit any shaft into it supposedly but I am not fully convinced. I have never been into shimming shafts period. I told him the other day to come get it and like I told him to begin with I was not messing with those things and he needed to take them back to the dealer. One thing I am convinced of is those clubs are weighted in the hosel I do not care what they say those adaptors even if they are plastic add weight to the hosel. If I end up with a set for me I will drill all the way down and put 370 shafts in them. If I do his like that he will more than likely hit the good for a while and then say I messed up the balance of something like that. 

• Like 2

Driver ---- TM M-6 Evenflow 65 G R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel Ust Pro Force 65 R flex---  Irons 4 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts-- SW Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore---- LW Cleveland 588 60* S-400 Sensicore--- Putter Rusty 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft- Bag My Old School Titleist Mini Staff