TESTERS WANTED! ×

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a great experience at GolfTec when I lived in Minneapolis a few years back.  I'll try and give you the Reader's Digest version because the instructional aspect was a 6 month process for me.

When I decided to pull the trigger I was an 18 handicap and was shooting anywhere between 95-100 on average with the random low-90's round in there.  I started playing in High School but was always self-taught and honestly never played more than a few times a year until around 5 or 6 years ago when I decided to get more serious about playing and getting better.

First off GolfTec is not cheap and you definitely need to get to know the coach/instructor to see what kind of initial impression you get from him/her.  I walked in as an open book and told the guy I wanted to re-build my game.  We just connected in our first meeting.  He was a no-BS guy, which I really appreciated and gave me a few drills to work on during the free first visit.  After that I was sold.  However, I have heard of other folks who didn't jive with their instructor and harbored some resentment toward GT because of that.  Before you cut that check make sure he/she is someone you see yourself working with for a while.

We spent several weeks basically re-building just my backswing.  I was in for a lesson once a week for 6 months and was practicing at least every other day in there.  My game actually got worse over that year and my handicap jumped from an 18 to a 20 but my coach kept encouraging me to stick with it because of the major changes we were making.  At times my swing felt a bit lost on the course but I kept working on the drills and eventually things came around and I started to make more consistent contact, improved accuracy and added a lot more distance.

Once we got to that point he really focused on repetition and building muscle memory around the same moves, so most of the swing lesson work was smaller than at first.  He then started to add in things like course management and short game to really get my handicap down.  I currently play off a 12 handicap and, again, I was a 20 when I was in the lesson program so it definitely helped me to improve.

I really enjoyed my time at GolfTec but, again, I attribute much of that to the fact that my instructor was an awesome guy who I worked well with.  It's not a cookie cutter place that will work for everyone, though.  The technology they use is cool and was great during my practice sessions and lessons.  You get access to all your lessons online so you can review them at anytime.  And they will give you lots of drills to work on at home, depending on exactly what you need to be working on.

Going through GT definitely made me a better golfer and has helped me enjoy the game more than ever, so I'm very much an advocate of their programs.  Go check it out, see if you like the instructor and decide for yourself.  Just be honest about what you want to accomplish and if it doesn't work after that visit then go shop around.

Personally, I hated it. Overpriced, but I wanted to practice indoors with their simulators. They talked me into a lesson package, and it took two years to recover. I think for a high handicapper they would have been ok. But at the time I was a 2, and immediately jumped to a 7, and I've never gotten close to that index since. Too mechanical, IMO.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

I've been taking lessons at golftec for about 4 seasons now. I love it but I think it has to do more with the coaches there than anything. They do a great job of explaining what I'm doing wrong and right and how to improve. I would recommend them to anyone who ever ask me for lessons.

Can't say that anyone else will have the same experience as me because everyone is different and coaches different.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I did Golftec for about two years.  Overall, a real good experience.  The best was the immediate video feedback and unlimited video practice.  I got to my lowest index ever last May (11.2, I believe).  Then, got a stress fracture in my foot, had to lay low for a couple of months.  When I came back, game didn't, lesson package expired.  Because there's a pro in Jax that many, many people highly recommend and travel here for lessons from, I didn't renew, intending to try a couple of lessons from him.  After my index jumped to 17.3, I finally made contact.  I've had two lessons, one in December, changed my grip.  Said to come back in 4-5 weeks.  Had second lesson in January, changed a couple of other things, said get used to them, come back in a month.  Haven't yet gone back 'cause of tax season.  But the two lessons from the new pro have produced a huge change in my impact and distance. Literally a club on irons and 20-30 yards on drives.  Going to schedule the next lesson this week.

So, GolfTec was great, improved my consistency a lot, really loved the video practice and visual feedback.  But, so far the insights from the pro (who teaches tour pros and charges a lot) have done much more for the quality of my impact and swing speed.  I hardly ever don't make good contact now--just not sure where its going to go.   Miss the video feedback and regular checkups on my swing (my scores vary dramatically depending on whether I have the feel that day, 'cause other than the specific things I got out of the lesson, I'm a bit clueless on what I'm doing or not doing on the rest of my swing).  I'm thinking the ceiling from the pro who teaches pros is a lot higher than what I was getting out of Golftec.  But the Golftec was definitely worth it.  

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

@jax, i think you hit it on the head in the description, as the video is awesome, and the facilities are great. But I have to disagree with "definitely worth it."

I think for what you get, it's just too much money....to each his own....

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

@jax, i think you hit it on the head in the description, as the video is awesome, and the facilities are great. But I have to disagree with "definitely worth it."

I think for what you get, it's just too much money....to each his own....

True.  But if there is otherwise no access to video practice with high tech video, does that not create a value that may justify the cost if one finds the video practice highly useful?

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Personally, I hated it. Overpriced, but I wanted to practice indoors with their simulators. They talked me into a lesson package, and it took two years to recover. I think for a high handicapper they would have been ok. But at the time I was a 2, and immediately jumped to a 7, and I've never gotten close to that index since. Too mechanical, IMO.

This is along the lines of what Ive heard.

Very much a throw your hips and then sync the rest approach (todays fix all) for those who wanted to get to the next level. "Power" from this supposed move is what was needed to get there and mechanical positions is what it would take to manage it.  Recover from it is a good way to put the outcome of this type of swing redo or overdone left side dominance.

• 1 month later...

So I booked a swing evaluation for next week at the new one here.   They were having a promotion on it,  $95 normally $139 for a full one hour evaluation of your swing and the things you need to work on.   Then you can decide if you want to move forward with lessons.

The Director of this store who I will be working with on the initial visit, is a very highly respected PGA member in the area with lots of experience.  So I'm looking forward to the opportunity to have 1 hour with him at that price.  I believe his normal rate at previous places was almost twice that. 

I'm excited about it and hope it can help, if all goes well, I'll seriously consider their 3 month program. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I guess it's my age, but I just don't trust mechanical devices and computers.   I prefer to take lessons on an actual range where I can see what my ball is doing as opposed to some device computing what it is doing.   

I guess it's my age, but I just don't trust mechanical devices and computers.   I prefer to take lessons on an actual range where I can see what my ball is doing as opposed to some device computing what it is doing.   

I hear you.  I think there is room for both.  I have taken lesson from the same person you currently are, and he has a great setup and all.   But there was just a lack of me grasping what he was trying to get across to me.   Not blaming him, but I thought I'd try a different set of eyes...and ok probes and electroids...ha

Knowing the reputation of the instructor here, he will no doubt use some of his old school knowledge to go along with all the degrees of hip turn...etc.   And trust me these new LM are capable of showing you how big your slice or hook or how straight and far just as well as outside.

But I get what your saying,  seeing the full flight outside is the ultimate.  

I hope to take what I get from him, and pretty much come straight to our range to see it outside.   Or I may decided after this one evaluation that I'm not a fan of it all as well.  

I went through something similar!

A friend of mine gave me a swing analysis for free gift card. Went hit some shots and the guy I was paired with was fresh out of school. Told me everything looked good but my swing was too long. Felt to stiff and short with what he wanted me to work on.

All I know is it turned me upside down for some months.

It didn't work for me, but might for you. It's the joy of variety.

The pro I saw afterwards who straightened me out didn't use video or any tech but helped drop my hcp to the lowest it's been. Wish he hadn't quit to become an insurance exec.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

I went through something similar!

A friend of mine gave me a swing analysis for free gift card. Went hit some shots and the guy I was paired with was fresh out of school. Told me everything looked good but my swing was too long. Felt to stiff and short with what he wanted me to work on.

All I know is it turned me upside down for some months.

It didn't work for me, but might for you. It's the joy of variety.

The pro I saw afterwards who straightened me out didn't use video or any tech but helped drop my hcp to the lowest it's been. Wish he hadn't quit to become an insurance exec.

I've known more Pro's that have quit to go into the financial industry than anything.  Kinda wierd.  I guess for some of them they make more money, can still play client golf and impress them at the same time

I've known more Pro's that have quit to go into the financial industry than anything. Kinda wierd. I guess for some of them they make more money, can still play client golf and impress them at the same time

Plus they probably had some great leads (ex students)

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I had a great experience, literally shaved 20 strokes off my game..... yes I was that bad. Take advantage of using the bays for practice if you can between your lessons.

I used my last lesson of my package for a club fitting, so if you're looking towards changing equipment, see if they'll include that.

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

I've actually been to the Golftec in SLC and I really enjoyed it. I got some package for Christmas that was the swing evaluation and two lessons for $200. The swing evaluation was great because I had got into the habit of "flipping" my hands and it was killing me. They have me a couple of quick pointers and I was good to go.

I actually haven't been back to finish because life intervened with moving and a new baby, but I am super excited to head back.

I think it's a great place with awesome facilities that can really help you with you game. Plus the App they have where you can watch all of your lessons after is awesome. It helped me remember all the stuff and keep it fresh. Great place.

:srixon-small: Z765 (Project X HRZDUS Yellow 6.0 63g)

:srixon-small:  Z45 (Kuro Kage stiff flex 70g)

:srixon-small:  U65 20* (Miyazaki X-stiff)

:nike-small: VR Pro Combo 4-PW (Project X PXI 6.5)

:nike-small: Engage wedges 52* 58*

:wilson_staff_small: 8802

I had a great experience, literally shaved 20 strokes off my game..... yes I was that bad. Take advantage of using the bays for practice if you can between your lessons.

I used my last lesson of my package for a club fitting, so if you're looking towards changing equipment, see if they'll include that.

The practice bays are part of what I'm interested in. Even though I have access to a range all day long. It will be good to go in and practice in bad weather. Its right on the way to and from work.

As for buying clubs. Obviously you haven't been following my exploits in the what did you buy thread. Ha

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What I liked is the visual feedback. Will add, my game was getting worse so I gave in to relearning the whole swing. I was really getting better (down to 9 hcp) till my back went out. Thought about going back. But agree with others, its more mechanical than feel lessons.

Since a mgs app and/or phone update I can't load vids like I use to.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Interesting to hear it is more mechanical based than feel based. To me that is kinda subjective, meaning any mechanical changes are going to feel different. At least to me, it would seem that way.

I think like a lot of people I learn best by watching what I'm doing on video, so I can try and actually see what I'm doing that he wants me to stop. Then learn by doing in slow motion the correct method, so I can later watch and relate those mechanics to what I was feeling. If that makes sense.

What I liked is the visual feedback. Will add, my game was getting worse so I gave in to relearning the whole swing. I was really getting better (down to 9 hcp) till my back went out. Thought about going back. But agree with others, its more mechanical than feel lessons.

Since a mgs app and/or phone update I can't load vids like I use to.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

This ^^^^^^^^ "till my back went out".    It really sucks when we want to make the correct moves and our body will not allow it.   It's not my back, it's my right knee/hip combo that totally cramps my style. I still get some decent scores in however it's from a home made swing style.  I finally realized that I swing too flat because of my right side which breaks down on my back swing.  It's near impossible for me to take the club back and then up between my right ear & shoulder like I want to.  It is what it is and if I'm going to continue golfing, I have to go with what works.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I've been fitted by then previously and they did a fairly good job. My only issue was I hit only a five iron, driver and pitching wedge and that was my fitting. Their pros seem nice and knowledgeable though and they do have done pretty good success rates

Bryan Pool

Ping G20 Driver

Bombtech hybrids

Ping G20 green dot irons/wedges

Cleveland Huntington beach 6 putter 

Well Disappointed this morning.  I got to the store at 7:45 as advised by the instructor, so I could warm up before hand.   Get an automated from GolfTec cancelling the session, immediately followed by a direct email from the instructor that he had car issues and has to cancel the appointment. 

I know stuff comes up that we cant control and I'll reschedule with him as I really want to see what GolfTec is all about, but was very much looking forward to getting some help today..  Guess it will have to wait a week or so. HA!

• 2 weeks later...

Had my first Golftec lesson today. He said my grip was good, my posture was ok, he'd like to see me a tad taller (I'm 6'5") even with irons 1/2 over I still hunch over a bit.

So we spent 90% of the time working on my lack of a shoulder turn. This is something I have felt in my swing, but seeing it on video with the degree id turn listed compared to where it used to me was quite shocking. No wonder I've lost 30 to 50 yards on the driver and 20 to 30 yards per iron.

I really like their system and the numbers it gives you and the way he was able to increase my shoulder turn from 79* when I walked in to 87 to 89* after some work. The biggest thing for me is now I know what an 85* shoulder turn feels like. That's the minimum he would like to see.

Sure I felt out of whack and didn't produce great shots right away as it is so much differnwt than where I was coming from before.

I'm thinking hard about the lesson/practice pack. I like the instructor. But it is kinda pricey. But nothing good or worthwhile usually comes cheap.

I'd be interested to here more experiences ...good and bad...of anyone who went with the 3,6 or 12 month package.

I had a great experience at GolfTec when I lived in Minneapolis a few years back. I'll try and give you the Reader's Digest version because the instructional aspect was a 6 month process for me.

When I decided to pull the trigger I was an 18 handicap and was shooting anywhere between 95-100 on average with the random low-90's round in there. I started playing in High School but was always self-taught and honestly never played more than a few times a year until around 5 or 6 years ago when I decided to get more serious about playing and getting better.

First off GolfTec is not cheap and you definitely need to get to know the coach/instructor to see what kind of initial impression you get from him/her. I walked in as an open book and told the guy I wanted to re-build my game. We just connected in our first meeting. He was a no-BS guy, which I really appreciated and gave me a few drills to work on during the free first visit. After that I was sold. However, I have heard of other folks who didn't jive with their instructor and harbored some resentment toward GT because of that. Before you cut that check make sure he/she is someone you see yourself working with for a while.

We spent several weeks basically re-building just my backswing. I was in for a lesson once a week for 6 months and was practicing at least every other day in there. My game actually got worse over that year and my handicap jumped from an 18 to a 20 but my coach kept encouraging me to stick with it because of the major changes we were making. At times my swing felt a bit lost on the course but I kept working on the drills and eventually things came around and I started to make more consistent contact, improved accuracy and added a lot more distance.

Once we got to that point he really focused on repetition and building muscle memuory around the same moves, so most of the swing lesson work was smaller than at first. He then started to add in things like course management and short game to really get my handicap down. I currently play off a 12 handicap and, again, I was a 20 when I was in the lesson program so it definitely helped me to improve.

I really enjoyed my time at GolfTec but, again, I attribute much of that to the fact that my instructor was an awesome guy who I worked well with. It's not a cookie cutter place that will work for everyone, though. The technology they use is cool and was great during my practice sessions and lessons. You get access to all your lessons online so you can review them at anytime. And they will give you lots of drills to work on at home, depending on exactly what you need to be working on.

Going through GT definitely made me a better golfer and has helped me enjoy the game more than ever, so I'm very much an advocate of their programs. Go check it out, see if you like the instructor and decide for yourself. Just be honest about what you want to accomplish and if it doesn't work after that visit then go shop around.

I've been taking lessons at golftec for about 4 seasons now. I love it but I think it has to do more with the coaches there than anything. They do a great job of explaining what I'm doing wrong and right and how to improve. I would recommend them to anyone who ever ask me for lessons.

Can't say that anyone else will have the same experience as me because everyone is different and coaches different.

I'm glad I went back and read these posts.

OH, Sounds like you were coming from a very similar spot where I am right now. Score wise almost identical.

The fact about the instructor is spot on. I felt good about him today. He is kinda like your guy a no BS type. When I took my bag in I still had two drivers in it. He looked at me like....."who do you think you are, phil Mickelson". Ha. When I explained I was just comparing them to see which one I liked better. He said "These are both great drivers, but you do realize it's the swing and not the club?"

I kinda liked that and felt he was going to shoot straight with me. He also didn't sugar coat the current state of my lack of shoulder turn and first asked about any injuries that would prevent me from a bigger turn. We discussed it and he had me try a few turns with that audible beep that let me know when I had reached 85. It was definitely a stretch past where I've been comfortable. But when I saw it on the video, it didn't look like I was trying to imitate DJ or anything. It looked very much like the position I had a few years back. But has just shortened over time.

Like you mentioned he gave me a specific drill I can do daily to work on and measure that, all without even swinging a club.

@Theo...the fact you've stayed with it that long is great and a good indication of how they have helped you. Well Done.

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to give my .02, I think the technology is useful if used in the right way. I had a guy just out of college, and that just became a Golftec certified instructor. He was a nice guy, but I didn't like his teaching. He didn't give me what I should be feeling to make the proper adjustments in my swing. I am sure with a beginner he would be fine teaching them the basics, but with 20 years of swinging a certain way I need a different type of lesson. I am sure if you got a good coach, the tech would be worth the lesson for the price (a little high for me). I found a pro that I got along with and is very reasonable with his rates that I am very happy with. 

In my Callaway Hyperlight 5 bag

Driver:    :callaway-small:  Epic GBB 

Fairway Wood:    :callaway-small:  Epic GBB

Hybrid:   :cobra-small:  King F7 2 & 3 H

Irons:   Ben Hogan Ft. Worth 15 Mid (4-PW)

Wedges:   :callaway-small:  MD3 50/56

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne

Ball: Vice Pro + or :callaway-small: Chromesoft

I'll throw my .02 in here, I bought a package from them back in 2013 when I was prepping for a big event I was going to in Myrtle Beach (son of you know what I'm talking about), their packages are pricey and you have to pay all of it in advance instead of paying as you go which I didn't like.

I started the lessons and really got along with my instructor, I was seeing some nice improvements and then they promoted my instructor and moved him to another location and I never got along with the new guy they gave me and never got much more out of it.

I think they are a little over priced and I don't like the fact that you pay it all up front and then you have to use so many lessons in a certain time frame.

Although I still think if I had been with the same instructor the whole time I would have done better.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

FWIW Tim I they must have changed the pay up front. The package they quoted me was like 20% upfront the rest over the next 4 months.

Still that was a pretty steep hit.

I went through a six month lesson package about 7 years ago when I was really struggling with my game.  I really liked the instructor I was with initially, but then he changed locations and they put me with someone else who was just starting out and just didn't click with.  He was trying to follow the golfec format for the lessons, which is where you work on something like swing plane, then give you some apparatus to do drills with to improve, show you how much better your swing is by using said apparatus, then summarize the whole thing on video for you.  During the the final few lessons, I started taking more control over what I wanted to learn and had some good lessons.  I started seeing improvement the next season and learned a lot about the swing, but didn't see the kind of improvement I was expecting or paid for.  

Randomly, here are some things I liked/didn't like:

The switching of instructors was terrible.  I was basically assigned another instructor that I had no choice with, which in my mind was basically a waste of money from that point on.

They basically want you to do a lesson once a week, which I didn't like.  I needed time to digest the lessons and that never happened.  They give you so much technical information each lesson, it was impossible to absorb it all until after the 6 months were up.

The technical side of it was daunting.  Telling me the degree of hip bend and turn, explaining to me the difference between the two, informing me what Bubba's hip bend and turn degree is and then trying to get me to get around his numbers was baffling.  

They being said, some of that info sticks with you and makes you a better golfer.  

If anything, I also learned that I like taking lessons outside and only once in a while.  I also learned what works for me and what doesn't. I thereafter took a bunch of lessons indoors with a video set up similar to golftec, but the instructor kept it a lot more simple.  It was very effective.  

Ultimately, it's a lot of money and I would be sure you and the instructor get along very well.  I'd also evaluate whether you like to learn with drills, training aids and a lot of technical information.  If all that clicks for you, it might be worth a try.  

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

FWIW Tim I they must have changed the pay up front. The package they quoted me was like 20% upfront the rest over the next 4 months.

Still that was a pretty steep hit.

That's at least better than when I was doing it, I always thought their payment policy was crazy...most instructors you take a lesson and pay for that lesson and so on

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

• 5 months later...