TESTERS WANTED! ×

Alot are going to say they didn't like cause the change you from your swing to the one they teach.

But for me it worked well. I'm a tech & fundamentals guy. I liked the instant video feedback. If it weren't for the back injury I would have stuck with it longer.

Be for warned, it doesn't happen overnight. But it greatly improved my game.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a thread from last year that I and several others chimed in on.  As you will read, I was very interested in it, but just felt it was a bit too expensive.  they offered some good holiday lesson packages, I strongly considered doing one of them that seemed like a good value.    

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/18701-golftec/?hl=golftec

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I've been a golftec student since 2013 and have enjoyed it very much. It does take some time to get used to the swing changes but I felt it's been worth it.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I will be starting with them in February. (Still on the IR u til then)

I can tell you I went to a free Ping fitting there and the guy I will be getting my lessons from identified flaws in my swing and told me how to correct them.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

That's awesome. I'm very interested in it but I'm debating between doing it or getting a lesson package from one of the top teachers here in NC

Aren't you near Charlotte? Does Dana Radar still have a school there. She's supposedly one of the best in the nation let alone NC. Id consider liking at her school.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I've had a GolfTec evaluation, lessons and A fitting and had great success. The instant video feedback is awesome, just worked really well for me. Honestly, check Groupon discounts, as I got a initial swing eval For around $30-$40, then after that I was able to buy a package of lessons which i spread out over 3-4 months.

For me the key was going in to the center in between lessons to use the video feedback.

I know I'm a high capper ( for now), but I was terrible before, shooting in the 120s, now in the 90s..... and improving

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

I started lessons with GolfTec this past October. Have one lesson about every week. In my case I'm glad they're teaching me their swing because I have never had any meaningful swing instruction. I too like the immediate video feedback as well as the data you get about every swing. I like that my instructor is building a swing and not just putting a bandaid on what I came in with.

Looking forward to my club fitting as well as I'm planning on getting new clubs this spring.

I have taken lessons at Golftec for over a year. After having had lessons in group setting as well as with an individual pro, I liked the detailed focus on how to swing and the positions you should be in. By far the most helpful aspect to me is the live video during practice as the instant feedback helps with the feel vs real that you experience when making changes. It allows you to be able to check that you are implementing the correct changes to your swing without your instructor. I found the price to also be competitive with lessons at the courses near me. The indoor practice is also a bonus for those in colder winter climates or very hot summer climates. There is, however, no secret. It's good instruction with a lot of practice no matter where you choose to take lessons.

Driver: Callaway X-Hot2 Pro 9.5° Aldila ATX65 3.9 S

3 wood: Callaway X-Hot2 Pro Aldila ATX75 3.7 S 15°

3 hybrid: Callaway steelhead Ozik Program F15 65 S 19°

Irons: Callaway Apex Irons 4-GW Project X 6.0 rifle shaft +1 upright 

Wedges: Titlest SM5 S grind (bent to 55) and 60

Grips: CP2 Pro standard

Putter: Rife 2 bar 33 inch Winn supersize lite grip

Lots of good data and analysis available to the student.

My only knock against them is they seem like they have a "cookie cutter swing" that all their pros teach. Even have their own lingo when referring to critical point throughout the swing.

But every swing is on video from several angles. That in itself, is priceless.

They give you a username and password so you can log on their website and review each swing you made during the session. Their lesson is also available through their online portal. So it's basically a videotape of your lesson.

I'm not surprised at your cookie cutter comment. That's typical of any franchise - drive consistency through uniformity. Imagine if you walked into a McDonald's and asked for a hamburger 'your way'. I personally haven't used golftec but have friends that do some like them and some don't.

We have an excellent instructor at our club, plus one of the benefits is having him go out on the course with you. My wife and I did that last fall and it was a great experience especially for her (focus was on course management). However, I'm intrigued by their (golftec) fitting expertise and might use them for that - the location that's closest to us was ranked in the top fitters across the country.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I never had any luck there. I hated the small enclosures inside. I couldn't get used to all the technology. I never felt like my instructor was really focused on my and my progress. He never remembered what we were working on. But there were just so many different concepts and a lot of information. Not something I'd do again or recommend.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

I was having some luck there many years ago.Than the instructor I was working with, unfortunately left the facility for personal reasons.Couldnt find a replacment that spoke to me like he did.Learned later on that the employee turn around is quite high with this company

Keep it in the short stuff

Damn... I thought Adam Scott had a full head of hair. ;)

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

• 4 weeks later...

Aren't you near Charlotte? Does Dana Radar still have a school there. She's supposedly one of the best in the nation let alone NC. Id consider liking at her school.

The Dana Rader school is at Ballentyne resort course, and yes they do everything there, lessons, group lessons, fittings, and school.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

• 2 weeks later...

I have been a GolfTec student for roughly 16 months. I have had a lot of success. The results you see are a direct result of what you put in (DUH), meaning, if you only utilize the center for the weekly lesson and small amount of practice you will only see small improvements. I have recommended the center to multiple friends/playing partners and i have seen their improvement and satisfaction as well. I purchased a full membership and it ends up costing me about $140 a month. For that amount I get unlimited use of the facility, 2 hours of instruction, and other small perks that come along. I have had a great instructor and look forward to progressing. 

I know a couple of excellent instructors who used to work there. My cousin bought a package with them and didn't realize any benefits, but he's a guy who needs a TPI based program (double a pitcher with rotator cuff issues and what I call “one gear” only).

I think the most important thing is to find an instructor who would answer this question with “No”, unequivocally...question being ‘If you can't help me will you accept my money?'

My wife bought me a package of lessons 2 years ago for Christmas. It took me half a year to undo what they did, so I'm obviously not a fan.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I've heard similar from a few guys I know. I think I'll pass on Golftec.... and they are only 10 miles from me.

Has anyone done the 60 minute swing evaluation. They quoted me 120 for it but I could get two lessons for that price.

I did, but it was complimentary from a golf membership. I found it very helpful. Didn't go back, but I still check the video analysis from time to time when I regress.

Driver - Ping G 10.5* stiff flex

3-wood - Ping G 14.5*

3-hybrid - Ping G 19*

Irons 4-W - Ping i (blue dot)

48*, 54* - TM Rac MBs

58* - SM5 Vokey

Putter - Evnroll ER2

GHIN: 12+/-

Classy San Diego

Formerly Dalai Lama's Looper

WITB 2018:

Driver: :ping-small: G 10.5*

Hybrid: :ping-small:  G 19*

Irons 4-W: :ping-small:  i's

48*, 54*: :taylormade-small:  RAC MB's

58*: :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM5

​Flat Stick:  Evnroll ER2

I think the golftec situation sounds like it's a consistently issue across the franchise. Guess not that different from different instructors around the country - you have to find one that fits vs. just using a brand name.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I've heard similar from a few guys I know. I think I'll pass on Golftec.... and they are only 10 miles from me.

I wouldn't knock it till you tried it.

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

You're right. I don't know how it would go. The guys I talked to went to a Golftec in Cleveland. I'm near one in Canton. I'll probably check it out at some point.

I know I'm biased cause I've been there for almost 5 years but I think if you and the pro click then it's a no brainer if you've been wanting to take lessons.

I took lessons at a golftec for a season. Great experience but I attribute that more to the instructor than anything specific to golftec as a company. They have a very solid sales process which may turn some people off, me I was fine with it. I think the biggest advantage is they won't sell you just one lesson. You do a package so that you can lay out a clear path of what you want to accomplish and the steps you are going to take to get there.

Archived