TESTERS WANTED! ×

Has anyone done the 60 minute swing evaluation. They quoted me 120 for it but I could get two lessons for that price.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

They say it's 120 but you can get it for free.

Brian K

Orange County CA

hugo-boss.jpgSilvermere-Custom-Fitting-PXG-140x140.pn

Epic Sub - Zero Driver
           Callaway XR16 - 3 Wood
          Callaway XR16 - 5 Hybrid
                     PXG 0311
             Titleist SM7 50, 55, 60
                Scotty Cameron

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've taken 12 lessons with them and it has made me a better golfer. It is expensive, because of the technology they use. There trying to correct allot of small things that add up to a bad golf swing and habits.

hugo-boss.jpgSilvermere-Custom-Fitting-PXG-140x140.pn

Epic Sub - Zero Driver
           Callaway XR16 - 3 Wood
          Callaway XR16 - 5 Hybrid
                     PXG 0311
             Titleist SM7 50, 55, 60
                Scotty Cameron

That's awesome. I'm very interested in it but I'm debating between doing it or getting a lesson package from one of the top teachers here in NC

I'd suggest taking one "checkout" lesson with that pro .. see if you "click".

IMHO a personalized lesson program is preferable to following a formulaic system.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

How about fittings there? Are they thourough, explain things, test multiple shafts, lie angles?

:taylormade-small: M1 2017 10.5°  (Project X HZRDUS T1100 6.5 75g, Golf Pride CP2)
:taylormade-small: M2 2017 3W 15° (Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5 75g, Golf Pride CP2)

default_cobra-small.jpeg.2311ad26bb4cabebf0f635266eee64f0.jpeg King Tec 21° dialed to 20° (Mitsubishi MMT 80x)
:mizuno-small: Pro 223 PW-6, 225 5-4 (Project X LZ 6.5 125g, Golf Pride CP2)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 52° F-grind,  56° M-grind, 60° L-Grind
:taylormade-small: TP Black Copper Juno

I think like anything in a learning process its about the instructor more than the institution. 

After my swing fitting and 2 lessons, I feel like my swing will get better but as others have said its a piecework process. 

Also my instructor is awesome, got to know me and my mentality.  Working on mental aspects of the game as well which I think will pay off in the long run. 

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

• 1 month later...

I'm 3 lessons in to a 5 lesson package and I have a few thoughts on the Golftec "approach".  There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that my instructor is putting on the right path to playing the best golf I can within my skill level.  I'm finding the middle of the club more often and my handicap is trending down.  That being said, I found it odd that my instructor doesn't want to know anything about my game e.g. what clubs I struggle with, what distances I struggle with, and where I'm losing the most amount of strokes.  He looks at my swing every visit and works on fixing only what he sees then and there.  I've had to adjust my expectations to just how impersonal the experience has been.  Here is a better example: I've mentioned numerous times how weak my game is with my hybrids and fairways, how I miss those clubs differently than all the others; and yet my instructor doesn't want to know those things and continues working on my swing exclusively with a short/mid iron.  Maybe this a reflection of my game and the changes that needed to be made and maybe it's a reflection of seeing students 30 minutes at a time every few weeks, but I can't deny that it's been a much different experience than I anticipated.  It's hard to argue with results however, and my last two rounds were the two lowest index rounds I've carded in just under 18 months.  I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt with my last two lessons.  Go in with realistic expectations, practice what your instructor tells you to, and you will play better golf.

Sean K.

Driver: :callaway-small: Great Big Bertha, 10.5o, -1"
Wood: :srixon-small: Z-F85, 3W, 15o
Hybrids: :titelist-small: 818 H1, 19o
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Hot Metal 4-GW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2.0 55o, 60o
Putter: :1332069271_TommyArmour: Tour Impact No. 3
Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star

2017 Vice Pro Forum Review
2019 Tommy Armour Tour Impact No.3 Forum Review

My time at GolfTec was ok in many ways but a let down in several different areas.

It was ok in the fact that it did identify some clear faults in my swing. However it failed, or I failed within the confines of their program. I could t seem to grasp a concept of lower body movement. And the instructor wasn't able to find another way to get it to stick with in my thick head. I will also add to take a Amateur golfer, and try to get them into professional positions seems a little off. Never did they take into consideration my physical build or what positions I could physically get into. Case in point. My arms are long. I'm 6'1” but from finger tip to finger tip I'm 6'6”. So my position at the top will naturally be higher than expected. Which I learned in my first lesson after moving on from GolfTec. It's things like that which was frustrating. And based on the price Point of these packages, I would expect to see a more thorough experience.

Originally we considered golftec - I found it to be a one size fits all approach rather than a more personalized approach. However my experience was with one store rather than a statement of the entire corporate approach.

The PGA professional my wife and I picked ended up spending about thirty minutes asking about our game, frustrations and expectations then put together an individual program for my wife and myself

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• 2 months later...

Finding a good instructor and or instructional method is so specific to the individual. The relationship between player and coach is just like any other relation in life. It takes the identification of and a commitment to shared goals along with effective communication of expectations. Whether it's the fitter, the local pro or Golftec if these elements are not met then the relationship is sure to be less than optimal.

I saw GolfTec take a good athlete who never played golf in their entire life and turn him into a really good low single digit handicap golfer in a very short period of time. I also saw the same Golftec take a really good golfer and completely jack up his game by trying to reinvent his entire swing based on their methodology. This was the same Golftec but two different instructors.

Regardless of where you go you really have to conduct the first session like an interview. I walked into Golf Galaxy in Louisville while I was there on business. I wasn't looking for a lesson but I did want to ask some question. The head pro and I started with a great “life” discussion that ultimately led to a quick driver swing analysis. This 15 minute evaluation along with two teaching points significantly improved my distance and fairways hit. If I lived in Louisville I would definitely go see that guy on a monthly basis. We connected as people first, talked about goals then addressed the problem.

I would not rule out Golftec simply because they have a business model that is designed to be financially successful. I recommend anyone interested in Golftec to make a no cost appointment to discuss expectations and the way forward. If it's not for you, shake their hand and move on smartly. No harm no foul.

In my humble opinion video is a tremendous tool when it comes to improving your golf game. However, it is not the only tool and when used as the sole method of teaching it can result in a false positive. Any instructor worth his or her salt will present a combination of video analysis, range work and on the course evaluation.

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'd echo the comments about the 'cookie cutter' approach.  They measure your swing angles against the ideal numbers.

But the biggest problem for me was that the lessons took place indoors against a net.  You had to look up at the simulator on the screen to see how you were doing which, obviously, just isn't the same as being on out a range and watching your ball flight.  Hence, taking that indoor swing outside on the course was often disappointing; because, while I thought I was doing well during the lessons, things didn't translate as well out there in the real world.

The Golftec swing approach is a matter of positions, not feel.  You can tell that they're working through their own step by step agenda-- you have to have lesson A before you'll get lesson B.

Plus, (at my site at least) I got the feeling that they were really trying to sell me on Mizuno clubs (must have a deal with them).

My advice, if you're considering Golftec, is to find a qualified pro to teach you out on the range instead.

I've been a Lutheran pastor for almost 40 years.

I'd echo the comments about the 'cookie cutter' approach. They measure your swing angles against the ideal numbers.

But the biggest problem for me was that the lessons took place indoors against a net. You had to look up at the simulator on the screen to see how you were doing which, obviously, just isn't the same as being on out a range and watching your ball flight. Hence, taking that indoor swing outside on the course was often disappointing; because, while I thought I was doing well during the lessons, things didn't translate as well out there in the real world.

The Golftec swing approach is a matter of positions, not feel. You can tell that they're working through their own step by step agenda-- you have to have lesson A before you'll get lesson B.

Plus, (at my site at least) I got the feeling that they were really trying to sell me on Mizuno clubs (must have a deal with them).

My advice, if you're considering Golftec, is to find a qualified pro to teach you out on the range instead.

I've not utilized Golftec before but have had some associates do so. Maybe the business model or even packages within the business model is different from location to location. The one here in Honolulu utilizes video simulation along with real range work and on course analysis. We just had a guy join the forum who worked for Golftec. Maybe he will weigh-in on the subject.

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

I'd echo the comments about the 'cookie cutter' approach. They measure your swing angles against the ideal numbers.

But the biggest problem for me was that the lessons took place indoors against a net. You had to look up at the simulator on the screen to see how you were doing which, obviously, just isn't the same as being on out a range and watching your ball flight. Hence, taking that indoor swing outside on the course was often disappointing; because, while I thought I was doing well during the lessons, things didn't translate as well out there in the real world.

The Golftec swing approach is a matter of positions, not feel. You can tell that they're working through their own step by step agenda-- you have to have lesson A before you'll get lesson B.

I'd say like any national company you're gonna have your good and bad teachers/employees. Some are gonna be about the bottom line and others will truly want to help the players get better

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

This was a very interesting topic to read. I immensely enjoyed all of your feedback. Thanks.

Correct me if i am wrong, but it seems to me that Golftec tries to mold everyone to one particular swing instead of adapting to the individual.

I'll tell a story I read while doing some research on tempo. I ran across an article and this is what the author had state (I'll paraprase). Tempo is like walking. Everyone walks at their own pace. Some walk fast,some walk slow. Part of our natural rythem. The golf swing also follows our natural rythem. Some swing fast,some swing slow. To tell a person to swing faster or slower is going against their natural rythem.

I was always a fast swinger and I realized that I am a fast person in general and I accepted this fact in relation to my swing speed.

So in relation to Golftec's methodology, I feel that this is how a person's golf swing should be treated. It's as individual as the person holding the club. I believe you cannot pescribe the same medicine to every patient.

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

• 4 weeks later...

I think I'm going to go to Golftec over the Winter for a fitting. I will not be taking lessons from them.

I just want to find out what I should be playing, now that I'm approaching 60 and I've definitely noticed a loss of distance and accuracy with my current sticks.

If Golftec can set you up to approaching 40 again, retrieving that distance will be a piece of cake, S&B.

• 1 month later...

Well I thought I'd share my this week with them.    I scheduled an iron fitting with the same guy I had a swing evaluation with last summer.

Let's just say it was a very disappointing session, and instead of writing 10 long paragraphs of everything i thought was wrong with it, I'll go with bullet points and be happy to expand on any individual item if anyone asks or is interested. 

• Told the fitter I was mainly interested in trying the Mizuno Hot Metal, Forged and Srixon 585.   He said, we only deal with the major companies, so I don't have Srixon.. That was my first WTF? moment.
  • After hearing my handicap and watching a few swings with my baseline club, he said, I think we should stick with the Hot Metal, I dont' think the forged is right for you.   Well, ok truth hurts..but in general I have no problem with that although I would have been curious to hit it.
  • First issue was my baseline, he said I was averaging 113 yards and a 61 mph swing speed with a 7 iron???  
  • I questioned that saying my 7 iron is usually 135'ish and a swing speed of mid 70's, and he said, numbers dont' lie and it "looks about right"  I shrugged ans said oK. 
  • So we went through the following shafts, XP95 Regular Flex, DG 105 R300, PX LZ 5.0 and I asked for recoil 680 and he went to look for it.  By now I was wondering why we weren't using the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer.  While he was gone, I noticed it on a club plugged into the wall charging a low battery...great.  I was the first fitting of the day, it couldn't have been charged overnight!
  • He couldn't find the recoil 680, So I never got to try it, even though I have it in my Bridgestones.  I tried the 95's but they didn't give me great numbers, which I suspected based on previous trials with them. 
  • So the best numbers were with the DG105, my swing speed had gone 'up' to 66 and getting 124...he was excited about my 11 yard increase.  I just shrugged still doubting the numbers.  
  • He then measured my wrist to floor and had it at 40" and said I was playing irons probably an inch too short, that I needed probably 1.5 inches over. ANOTHER WTF moment, I've never had it measured at more than 37.5 to 38.  I know I didn't grow an inch over the past few months.    I told him I used to have 1" over and was hitting those fat, so I moved to 1/2 and for the most part made better contact,  he said that's because you adjusted by hunching over....ok this could be true.  But I've gone to one highly acclaimed fitter at TXG and spoken to one of the industry best shaft fitters Danny Le at UST and both agree 1" over is the max that mot any one that is not an NBA Center should play.   But I've been playing 1/2 inch fine in my last two sets. 
  • Then he broke out the Lie Board....Now I've heard differing options on this, but more than not, I've heard it's an antiqued way of measuring lie.  TXG used the mark on the ball and clubface combined I believe with info from the GC Quad. 
  • He measured Grip and said I should probably be playing mid size plus an extra wrap.  I told him Midsize was as about as large as I wanted to go, he said well that might be Ok, but larger would be optimal. 
  • So for that I had the pleasure of paying $125 and left there not really confident in one thing he said. 

So to satisfy my own curiosity, i went by a driving range where I know the owner and head pro very well.  Asked if they had a few moments to let me hit some shafts with the Hot Metals and possibly forged.   In summary:

• Even though I didn't ask for a personal fitting, the lead fitter got the shaft optimizer his I pad and went out with me and we got he numbers from 3 different sets of swings.   Tis was cold out of the car with only 5 or 6 warm up swings.  Guess what my swing speed was on the Optimizer,  between 74 and 77 mph.   This was with a 7 iron. My 6 iron fitting at TXG was right around 80 to 81, so that all makes since. 
  • The Optimizer came back with PX LZ 5.5, DG 105 S300, and C Taper Lite 110 Stiff.   So we loaded up the Hot Metal 7 iron with all three and by far the best numbers was the C Taper Lite, giving me anywhere from 134 to 141 yards and I really liked the ball flight. 
  • John had to go do a lesson, and I thanked him profusely and asked how was the fitting.   He said, "you're good to go, you're always welcome here for anything you need"  When I got inside I saw the owner and we chatted a bit and told him hwo great things were and offered again to pay.  He laughed and said, you know better than that.   I asked if I could just try the Forged with the C Taper shaft, just for fun and to scratch my itch.    He said, whatever you want, and told me to help my self at the fitting cart.   So I fixed it up, and went out and hit about 10 balls with it.   Enough to know, I am better off with the HM, I hit them Forged OK and could play them, but I was maybe a club shorter with them  than the HM, so I need all the help I can get.   

*Last note, when i got back to the office I measured my wrist to floor and it was 38.5, a full 1.5 inches off from the GolfTec measurement.  I checked the Mizuno fitting sheet, and low and behold, it recommends 1/2 over for that distance at my height!!

Well, it turned out to be almost as long as if I did a full paragraph right ups.   But I felt obligated to share this GolfTec experience with everyone.  I know it could be a one off, but it has certainly soured me on not only it's fittings, but probably it's lessons or anything to do with that shop.   As they say, Your Mileage My Vary. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

14 minutes ago, GolfSpy Rob said:

Well I thought I'd share my this week with them.    I scheduled an iron fitting with the same guy I had a swing evaluation with last summer.

Let's just say it was a very disappointing session, and instead of writing 10 long paragraphs of everything i thought was wrong with it, I'll go with bullet points and be happy to expand on any individual item if anyone asks or is interested. 

• Told the fitter I was mainly interested in trying the Mizuno Hot Metal, Forged and Srixon 585.   He said, we only deal with the major companies, so I don't have Srixon.. That was my first WTF? moment.
  • After hearing my handicap and watching a few swings with my baseline club, he said, I think we should stick with the Hot Metal, I dont' think the forged is right for you.   Well, ok truth hurts..but in general I have no problem with that although I would have been curious to hit it.
  • First issue was my baseline, he said I was averaging 113 yards and a 61 mph swing speed with a 7 iron???  
  • I questioned that saying my 7 iron is usually 135'ish and a swing speed of mid 70's, and he said, numbers dont' lie and it "looks about right"  I shrugged ans said oK. 
  • So we went through the following shafts, XP95 Regular Flex, DG 105 R300, PX LZ 5.0 and I asked for recoil 680 and he went to look for it.  By now I was wondering why we weren't using the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer.  While he was gone, I noticed it on a club plugged into the wall charging a low battery...great.  I was the first fitting of the day, it couldn't have been charged overnight!
  • He couldn't find the recoil 680, So I never got to try it, even though I have it in my Bridgestones.  I tried the 95's but they didn't give me great numbers, which I suspected based on previous trials with them. 
  • So the best numbers were with the DG105, my swing speed had gone 'up' to 66 and getting 124...he was excited about my 11 yard increase.  I just shrugged still doubting the numbers.  
  • He then measured my wrist to floor and had it at 40" and said I was playing irons probably an inch too short, that I needed probably 1.5 inches over. ANOTHER WTF moment, I've never had it measured at more than 37.5 to 38.  I know I didn't grow an inch over the past few months.    I told him I used to have 1" over and was hitting those fat, so I moved to 1/2 and for the most part made better contact,  he said that's because you adjusted by hunching over....ok this could be true.  But I've gone to one highly acclaimed fitter at TXG and spoken to one of the industry best shaft fitters Danny Le at UST and both agree 1" over is the max that mot any one that is not an NBA Center should play.   But I've been playing 1/2 inch fine in my last two sets. 
  • Then he broke out the Lie Board....Now I've heard differing options on this, but more than not, I've heard it's an antiqued way of measuring lie.  TXG used the mark on the ball and clubface combined I believe with info from the GC Quad. 
  • He measured Grip and said I should probably be playing mid size plus an extra wrap.  I told him Midsize was as about as large as I wanted to go, he said well that might be Ok, but larger would be optimal. 
  • So for that I had the pleasure of paying $125 and left there not really confident in one thing he said. 

So to satisfy my own curiosity, i went by a driving range where I know the owner and head pro very well.  Asked if they had a few moments to let me hit some shafts with the Hot Metals and possibly forged.   In summary:

• Even though I didn't ask for a personal fitting, the lead fitter got the shaft optimizer his I pad and went out with me and we got he numbers from 3 different sets of swings.   Tis was cold out of the car with only 5 or 6 warm up swings.  Guess what my swing speed was on the Optimizer,  between 74 and 77 mph.   This was with a 7 iron. My 6 iron fitting at TXG was right around 80 to 81, so that all makes since. 
  • The Optimizer came back with PX LZ 5.5, DG 105 S300, and C Taper Lite 110 Stiff.   So we loaded up the Hot Metal 7 iron with all three and by far the best numbers was the C Taper Lite, giving me anywhere from 134 to 141 yards and I really liked the ball flight. 
  • John had to go do a lesson, and I thanked him profusely and asked how was the fitting.   He said, "you're good to go, you're always welcome here for anything you need"  When I got inside I saw the owner and we chatted a bit and told him hwo great things were and offered again to pay.  He laughed and said, you know better than that.   I asked if I could just try the Forged with the C Taper shaft, just for fun and to scratch my itch.    He said, whatever you want, and told me to help my self at the fitting cart.   So I fixed it up, and went out and hit about 10 balls with it.   Enough to know, I am better off with the HM, I hit them Forged OK and could play them, but I was maybe a club shorter with them  than the HM, so I need all the help I can get.   

*Last note, when i got back to the office I measured my wrist to floor and it was 38.5, a full 1.5 inches off from the GolfTec measurement.  I checked the Mizuno fitting sheet, and low and behold, it recommends 1/2 over for that distance at my height!!

Well, it turned out to be almost as long as if I did a full paragraph right ups.   But I felt obligated to share this GolfTec experience with everyone.  I know it could be a one off, but it has certainly soured me on not only it's fittings, but probably it's lessons or anything to do with that shop.   As they say, Your Mileage My Vary. 

Oof that sounds like an experience you'd get from any big box store, and a LOT more expensive.

Geez rob your 7i speed is what my 7i speed is when I swing smoothly without trying to hit it harder and my distance is no where near that short. At my slow speed i hit it 157, I'd like to see my full speed swing though never tested that because I hate hitting off of matts

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

36 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Oof that sounds like an experience you'd get from any big box store, and a LOT more expensive.

Yeah, that is a pretty good description, Maybe they put all their focus into getting you into those 6 and 12 month lesson packages, that they don't focus on fittings, I'm fairly certain not only was the info off, but he effort half hearted. 

32 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Geez rob your 7i speed is what my 7i speed is when I swing smoothly without trying to hit it harder and my distance is no where near that short. At my slow speed i hit it 157, I'd like to see my full speed swing though never tested that because I hate hitting off of matts

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Yeah, I know I'm not a long hitter, and maybe not even an average length hitter, but I can tell you that if I go out to one of the par 3's on my course that plays 111 yards and hit a 7 iron, it's going to be 20 yards over the flag easily.   I think 111 yard shot on the course, I'm pulling a PW, maybe a 9 iron on some occasions if it's a front or middle flag and I have plenty of room behind it. 

10 minutes ago, GolfSpy Rob said:

Yeah, that is a pretty good description, Maybe they put all their focus into getting you into those 6 and 12 month lesson packages, that they don't focus on fittings, I'm fairly certain not only was the info off, but he effort half hearted. 

Maybe not, but if you aren't impressed with the fitting, you aren't going to buy a year of lessons from them. I also wouldn't want lessons on an LM that I know is inaccurate. 

As an employee, you may not have the best equipment, but you can always give 100% effort. The one thing the "fitter" can always control is his attitude and his customer service. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Wow what a crappy experience. Just think about all the golf 'novices' and the bad info they got. They'll be wondering for the longest time why they can't hit the ball. If I was running Golftec I'd be concerned about reputation with an experience like you had.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

9 minutes ago, GB13 said:

Maybe not, but if you aren't impressed with the fitting, you aren't going to buy a year of lessons from them. I also wouldn't want lessons on an LM that I know is inaccurate. 

As an employee, you may not have the best equipment, but you can always give 100% effort. The one thing the "fitter" can always control is his attitude and his customer service. 

You're like 15 years old, correct? You really seem wise beyond your years. Too bad more people your age don't have your kind of perspective.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

17 minutes ago, GB13 said:

Such a great comment right there, couldn't agree more. 

7 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

You're like 15 years old, correct? You really seem wise beyond your years. Too bad more people your age don't have your kind of perspective.

I believe your are correct and I've commented similarly in the past.   And I'll go a step beyond, too bad more people twice and three times his age don't have his perspective!   

22 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

14 minutes ago, GolfSpy Rob said:

I believe your are correct and I've commented similarly in the past.   And I'll go a step beyond, too bad more people twice and three times his age don't have his perspective!   

Yes, I am 15 years old.

Thank y'all for the kind words, I appreciate it. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

And I'll go a step beyond, too bad more people twice and three times his age don't have his perspective!   

Excellent point!

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

4 minutes ago, GB13 said:

Yes, I am 15 years old.

Thank y'all for the kind words, I appreciate it. 

Unfortunately, it's a rare trait. 

Get used to being the mature one in the room.  We don't get better as we get older....

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Archived