Lots of good data and analysis available to the student.

My only knock against them is they seem like they have a "cookie cutter swing" that all their pros teach. Even have their own lingo when referring to critical point throughout the swing.

But every swing is on video from several angles. That in itself, is priceless.

They give you a username and password so you can log on their website and review each swing you made during the session. Their lesson is also available through their online portal. So it's basically a videotape of your lesson.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I'm not surprised at your cookie cutter comment. That's typical of any franchise - drive consistency through uniformity. Imagine if you walked into a McDonald's and asked for a hamburger 'your way'. I personally haven't used golftec but have friends that do some like them and some don't.

We have an excellent instructor at our club, plus one of the benefits is having him go out on the course with you. My wife and I did that last fall and it was a great experience especially for her (focus was on course management). However, I'm intrigued by their (golftec) fitting expertise and might use them for that - the location that's closest to us was ranked in the top fitters across the country.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

I never had any luck there. I hated the small enclosures inside. I couldn't get used to all the technology. I never felt like my instructor was really focused on my and my progress. He never remembered what we were working on. But there were just so many different concepts and a lot of information. Not something I'd do again or recommend.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was having some luck there many years ago.Than the instructor I was working with, unfortunately left the facility for personal reasons.Couldnt find a replacment that spoke to me like he did.Learned later on that the employee turn around is quite high with this company

• Like 1

Aren't you near Charlotte? Does Dana Radar still have a school there. She's supposedly one of the best in the nation let alone NC. Id consider liking at her school.

The Dana Rader school is at Ballentyne resort course, and yes they do everything there, lessons, group lessons, fittings, and school.

• Like 2

I have been a GolfTec student for roughly 16 months. I have had a lot of success. The results you see are a direct result of what you put in (DUH), meaning, if you only utilize the center for the weekly lesson and small amount of practice you will only see small improvements. I have recommended the center to multiple friends/playing partners and i have seen their improvement and satisfaction as well. I purchased a full membership and it ends up costing me about $140 a month. For that amount I get unlimited use of the facility, 2 hours of instruction, and other small perks that come along. I have had a great instructor and look forward to progressing. 

• Like 3

I know a couple of excellent instructors who used to work there. My cousin bought a package with them and didn't realize any benefits, but he's a guy who needs a TPI based program (double a pitcher with rotator cuff issues and what I call “one gear” only).

I think the most important thing is to find an instructor who would answer this question with “No”, unequivocally...question being ‘If you can't help me will you accept my money?'

My wife bought me a package of lessons 2 years ago for Christmas. It took me half a year to undo what they did, so I'm obviously not a fan.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I've heard similar from a few guys I know. I think I'll pass on Golftec.... and they are only 10 miles from me.

Has anyone done the 60 minute swing evaluation. They quoted me 120 for it but I could get two lessons for that price.

I did, but it was complimentary from a golf membership. I found it very helpful. Didn't go back, but I still check the video analysis from time to time when I regress.

Driver - Ping G 10.5* stiff flex

3-wood - Ping G 14.5*

3-hybrid - Ping G 19*

Irons 4-W - Ping i (blue dot)

48*, 54* - TM Rac MBs

58* - SM5 Vokey

Putter - Evnroll ER2

GHIN: 12+/-

Classy San Diego

I think the golftec situation sounds like it's a consistently issue across the franchise. Guess not that different from different instructors around the country - you have to find one that fits vs. just using a brand name.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I've heard similar from a few guys I know. I think I'll pass on Golftec.... and they are only 10 miles from me.

I wouldn't knock it till you tried it.

I had a coworker go to them for an entire year.... he came out worse and they changed his entire swing up. Ended up looking very awkward and uncomfortable.

I wouldn't knock it till you tried it.

You're right. I don't know how it would go. The guys I talked to went to a Golftec in Cleveland. I'm near one in Canton. I'll probably check it out at some point.

But that's one story id still give it a shot. Don't leave any stone unturned

You're right. I don't know how it would go. The guys I talked to went to a Golftec in Cleveland. I'm near one in Canton. I'll probably check it out at some point.

I know I'm biased cause I've been there for almost 5 years but I think if you and the pro click then it's a no brainer if you've been wanting to take lessons.

• Like 1

I took lessons at a golftec for a season. Great experience but I attribute that more to the instructor than anything specific to golftec as a company. They have a very solid sales process which may turn some people off, me I was fine with it. I think the biggest advantage is they won't sell you just one lesson. You do a package so that you can lay out a clear path of what you want to accomplish and the steps you are going to take to get there.