TESTERS WANTED! ×

Anyone notice a "WT" inside the dimple on Titleist balls

That’s the marking for the mold used. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Even found my initials CZ inside one of the mold markings once.  Kind of neat.  If there is a problem with a batch of balls, Titleist can pinpoint the problem with the mold.  Again, why they are the number one ball in golf.  With all the balls they manufacture, they have many molds that meet their strict specifications.  I have a souvenir ball from plant three and the initials on it are WA.  Why I play nothing but Titleist Prov1s.     

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 20.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 6-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1s (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

I just noticed it this past Wednesday playing in my league. Never noticed it before.

Edited by acemaker

STZ220 Driver w/Ventus TR Blue 5R, Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-GW,  T7 Mizuno SW - 56 and LW - 60, Srixon F85 3W, 5W Titleist 904 CLK -3 Hybrid 21*. Putter Evnroll ER2 Black.

Prov1x & *Prov1, ProV1.

I was going to be all stupid and say they are my custom initialed balls they built for me but got shipped elsewhere.  The mold initials makes great sense….now I will be looking as I would like one day come across some with the “WT” mold markers, my initials btw. 

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

On 7/16/2021 at 5:14 PM, RickyBobby_PR said:

That’s the marking for the mold used. 

Thanks that's awesome to know. 

steelhead 9°, rbz 5w, ping awr 2 bc irons, isi irons, or nike vapor irons, cleveland 52°, 58°, 64° 2 ball putter.

On 7/18/2021 at 6:15 PM, Willie T said:

I was going to be all stupid and say they are my custom initialed balls they built for me but got shipped elsewhere.  The mold initials makes great sense….now I will be looking as I would like one day come across some with the “WT” mold markers, my initials btw. 

I'm guessing with the left dash prov1x you have a high likely hood of getting it all 3 boxes I received have it. I'm also willing to send you a sleeve if your in the us and want them.

steelhead 9°, rbz 5w, ping awr 2 bc irons, isi irons, or nike vapor irons, cleveland 52°, 58°, 64° 2 ball putter.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/20/2021 at 1:19 AM, Onestoptech said:

I'm guessing with the left dash prov1x you have a high likely hood of getting it all 3 boxes I received have it. I'm also willing to send you a sleeve if your in the us and want them.

Man I was just kidding about the custom initials.  Yes, I do live in the states (NC in fact).  Appreciate the offer on sending a sleeve my way, I am sure that with such I would likely lose them too quickly to appreciate such.      

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls.