Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Club Build & Repair

Club Build & Repair  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you currently or have you ever done club build and/or repair?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If no, have you ever had the hankering to do so?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. If yes, do you only do your own clubs or also work on others?

• Only my clubs
    • Mine and others
  4. 4. What goy you interested in doing it?

• Saving money
    • Just for fun
    • Wanted more control over build
    • One or more of these

3 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Let me know if you want a couple of higher quality blades for that HF chop saw that i should still have laying around. they are much better and thinner than the ones from HF and they fit that HF 6" saw. They are yours if you just cover the shipping. I use a different saw now so they are just laying around. 

IM sent, Thanks!

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Well now, Golfworks has neither of the two LL units I'm considering in stock.  They are "expecting" the Economy Bending Machine on 6/20.  Reading through the reviews and Q&A's on both suggests out-of-stock to be a common issue. I spoke with customer service and they tell me that ordering now is the best bet as they fill them in priority of order.  Also that they have no ETA for the "Value Bender" at this time.  I also asked about whether I could upgrade to the higher end, brass jaw bending bar (get credit for the stock option) and they said maybe but has to be ordered by phone and approved by a supervisor. 

Need to confirm whether I can cancel the order at anytime prior to being shipped.  Since I'm still looking at used ones through eBay, CL, etc., still a chance one could pop up.  

And here I thought finding a budget friendly LL machine would be a snap 😐.

Here's another question for those of you who have LL machines.  Do you also have a seperate LL gage or use the "on-board" Vernier or digital scales?  Some say they are accurate enough - particularly if you get a iron measured on a calibrated machine and know what (if any) difference your on-board scales reflect.

Also, for lie adjustments, many argue those should be adjusted based on lie board/impact tape results anyway... that the actual value is secondary.  Curious what your all doing for measurement and calibration?

Thanks

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2022 at 11:46 AM, fixyurdivot said:

Well now, Golfworks has neither of the two LL units I'm considering in stock.  They are "expecting" the Economy Bending Machine on 6/20.  Reading through the reviews and Q&A's on both suggests out-of-stock to be a common issue. I spoke with customer service and they tell me that ordering now is the best bet as they fill them in priority of order.  Also that they have no ETA for the "Value Bender" at this time.  I also asked about whether I could upgrade to the higher end, brass jaw bending bar (get credit for the stock option) and they said maybe but has to be ordered by phone and approved by a supervisor. 

Need to confirm whether I can cancel the order at anytime prior to being shipped.  Since I'm still looking at used ones through eBay, CL, etc., still a chance one could pop up.  

And here I thought finding a budget friendly LL machine would be a snap 😐.

Here's another question for those of you who have LL machines.  Do you also have a seperate LL gage or use the "on-board" Vernier or digital scales?  Some say they are accurate enough - particularly if you get a iron measured on a calibrated machine and know what (if any) difference your on-board scales reflect.

Also, for lie adjustments, many argue those should be adjusted based on lie board/impact tape results anyway... that the actual value is secondary.  Curious what your all doing for measurement and calibration?

Thanks

The LL gauge is certainly more accurate. However, if using the the scale on the machine and testing to that does it matter? You are making corrections on what you just measured. Now when dealing with woods that LL gauge is needed, imo.

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.