Dave’s Take: The Yeti Rambler Insulated Bottles

I had the 18oz Rambler and found it too small, and I didn’t like that you have to remove the cap entirely to use drink. Ended up with a Camelbak Chute Mag, even though it felt more fragile, because of its mechanism for holding the cap. Used the Camelbak for about a year before it took one too many dings and stopped insulating. Really disappointing durability. So I’m back to the Rambler, 26oz this time, and it’s proving to be much tougher. Still annoying not to have a retainer of some kind for the cap, but worth the toughness IMO.

Shiny, Captain. 

I can also attest to the great workmanship Yeti offers.  They truly make the best water bottles.   I believe what separates them from the rest is they're dishwasher safe.   Forget the brushes and scrubbing, and the mildew.  Hydroflask can't even do that. 

Right around Thanksgiving / Xmas 2019, they were offering free engraving, so we ended up getting 3 - 36oz bottles for the family.  Hopefully they'll bring back the free engraving this year.

RH Taylormade SIM2 8* w/ Smoke RDX Blue 60 6.5

Callaway Mavrik SubZero 15* w/ Aldila Rogue White 70x

Taylormade M1 19* , Fujikura 869 Stiff

Ping S55 4-PW,  TT X-100 Tour Issue

Bettinardi  Studio Stock 28

• 9 months later...
On 8/2/2021 at 1:35 PM, Bryclops said:

I had the 18oz Rambler and found it too small, and I didn’t like that you have to remove the cap entirely to use drink. Ended up with a Camelbak Chute Mag, even though it felt more fragile, because of its mechanism for holding the cap. Used the Camelbak for about a year before it took one too many dings and stopped insulating. Really disappointing durability. So I’m back to the Rambler, 26oz this time, and it’s proving to be much tougher. Still annoying not to have a retainer of some kind for the cap, but worth the toughness IMO.

You might just need to get a different cap, which is kinda unfortunate (would be nice if the bottle just came with a couple styles -- the additional caps are $10-15 each).

We didn't like the cap that came with the bottle either, so we stocked up on the Chug Magdock caps (bought a couple extras because, somehow, my wife lost a couple rubber seals from the inside of the smaller cap, seeming like they just fell out - I've yet to have that problem, but she also uses her bottle a lot more than I use mine, so 🤷‍♂️).

Magdock still requires that you take the small cap completely off, but the magnetic holster works pretty well. Straw and Hotshot don't require taking off a piece. 

• Like 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 8* (adjusted to 8.75*), Mitsubishi Diamana ZF 70 X Flex

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM, 15* (adjusted to 15.75*), Shaft is a 50/50 split between Accra FX 2.0 300F M5 Flex and Paderson Kinetixx Ballistic TP 85 X Flex

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-PW with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges: :mizuno-small:T-20 Blue Ion 50.07, :Miura: K-Grind 2.0 Black 56* and Chrome 60* w/Accra SPI Tour

Putter: Total headcase, so it depends on the day. Rotate between :EVNROLL: ER11V ("Murdered Out" Black edition),  :mizuno-small: M Craft Type II Blue Ion and a Toulon Madison 

• 1 month later...

I got the 20 oz Yeti as a promotional item BUT it is in BLACK (with company logo).  If you leave it in the sun, the liquid is cold but you cannot pick it up without burning you hand! 🤨 Now I have to remember to keep it out of the sun. 

I really like these Yeti bottles but don't make it in black. Maybe the company got a deal on the black.

• 1 month later...

Is there a flip-up cap? I get tired of opening it every hole on a hot day.

:titelist-small: TSi3 #1-3-5 all with Tensi Blue S-flex

:callaway-small: 2019 Apex Pro black 3 & 4H Catalyst 70 or    

:titelist-small: TSi3 #2-3 depending on how I’m playing. Tensi Blue

:callaway-small: 2019 Calloway Apex Pro black, 5-PW, Catalyst 100 - 6.0, Super Stroker Jumbo   

:cobra-small:  2020 RadSpeed OL 4H, 5-GW … won’t get to actually use till warmer weather

:callaway-small: 2019 PM-grind, 56° & 60°, KBS steel, Green Cap

:taylormade-small: Blue Spider EX

:titelist-small: Pro V1X

• SPY VIP
3 hours ago, B_R_A_D_Y said:

Is there a flip-up cap? I get tired of opening it every hole on a hot day.

So as it happens I just bought the flip up straw cap for my wife. She loves it. So far so good on durability. Here's the link at Yeti but I bet you can get it at Amazon and etc.

https://www.yeti.com/accessories/rambler-bottle-straw-cap/21070160004.html

• Like 1

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

On 8/18/2022 at 12:03 PM, GolfSpy Dave said:

So as it happens I just bought the flip up straw cap for my wife. She loves it. So far so good on durability. Here's the link at Yeti but I bet you can get it at Amazon and etc.

That's a bit expensive, but exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks a bunch.

:titelist-small: TSi3 #1-3-5 all with Tensi Blue S-flex

:callaway-small: 2019 Apex Pro black 3 & 4H Catalyst 70 or    

:titelist-small: TSi3 #2-3 depending on how I’m playing. Tensi Blue

:callaway-small: 2019 Calloway Apex Pro black, 5-PW, Catalyst 100 - 6.0, Super Stroker Jumbo   

:cobra-small:  2020 RadSpeed OL 4H, 5-GW … won’t get to actually use till warmer weather

:callaway-small: 2019 PM-grind, 56° & 60°, KBS steel, Green Cap

:taylormade-small: Blue Spider EX

:titelist-small: Pro V1X