TESTERS WANTED! ×

Big Max Dri Light Summit

keg0brew

Anyone here any have experience with Big Max golf bags?

Costco has the Dri Light Summit on their website for $140 and I was thinking about pulling the trigger, but I don't know much of anything about the brand, and there are no reviews of the Summit bag online that I can find.  Price is right though.  🙂   Seems as though Big Max is big in Europe and in trollys/push carts, but is just recently starting to move more into the US market.

Dri Light Summit Golf Stand Bag  | Costco

Update:  I did pull the trigger on it.  Will update again once I have it in hand.  It shipped directly from Kansas City (not Washington like most Costco.com stuff so must be coming directly from the distributor) and should be here tomorrow.

One of the guys I play with has this bag and really likes it.

It was especially useful yesterday when we had one of those south Texas downpours. 

Titleist TS2 w/Kuro Kage Black Driver

Titleist TS2 16.5* & 21* w/Kuro Kage Black Fairways

Titleist TS2 23* w/Kuro Kage Black Hybrid

Ben Hogan Golf Edge 6i - PW irons w/Recoil shafts

Ben Hogan Golf Equalizer ll  GW

Callaway SureOut2 56* SW 

Scotty Fastback 2 or Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie F

I got the bag yesterday.  It is much better than the price suggests.  It's a hybrid stand bag with full length 14 way dividers (that don't catch my grips so far, even my Superstroke Slim 3.0) that is made of what I think is basically waterproof materials and weighs only 4.4 lbs.

Definitely worth a try for anyone looking for a new/additional bag, (especially considering Costco's return policy).  I will definitely be keeping it as long as it holds up.

It appears to be of good quality material, with good stitching and waterproof zippers around.  It's marketed as "water resistant" but I bet its much closer to being waterproof than that.  There are a couple of zippers that don't have a "garage" on them, and will likely leak some water in heavy rain, but other than that I bet this thing would withstand all but the heaviest downpours.

Overall quality appears to be on par or better than previous Sun Mountain and Ogio bags I have owned.  It feels like the material and stitching will last longer than those bags (which has always been my major gripe with them) but time will tell.   It is definitely bigger than I thought, more of a hybrid bag, similar in size to my wife's Titleist Players 14 hybrid, but that turns out to be a positive for me.  It's a really good size for someone looking for a bag to use both walking and on a cart, although it may not have enough storage space for someone with lots of stuff.  

It's pockets are a bit harder to get into than my other bags, due to what I believe is less give in the zippered openings to spread them out as well as slightly less material for the pockets themselves than I would expect, (but that may be normal for more waterproof bags/materials; this my first bag that even remotely leans towards waterproof).  Its also missing a couple of nice to haves like quick detach straps, a marker pocket, an open/easy grab water bottle pocket, a pocket with a magnet close (like on the Hoofer 14) and drains for the cooler pocket, but has all of the other features you would expect or need.

For half the price of other similar bags, plus being close to waterproof this thing is a steal at this price.

IMG_6642.JPG

IMG_6643.JPG

IMG_6644.JPG

IMG_6645.JPG

IMG_6646.JPG

My wife bought me a Big Max pushcart for Christmas 2019, which I really like - it's light weight and so far seems pretty rugged. I wanted a cart bag to put on it and ended up getting the Dri Lite Active. I've only had it a month, but so far, so good.

On 7/23/2021 at 10:34 AM, keg0brew said:

It's pockets are a bit harder to get into than my other bags, due to what I believe is less give in the zippered openings to spread them out as well as slightly less material for the pockets themselves than I would expect, (but that may be normal for more waterproof bags/materials; this my first bag that even remotely leans towards waterproof).

I agree on the zipper comment. A couple of the reviews I read mentioned the zippers, but like you, I think the zippers are intended to be waterproof, so are a smaller-toothed and tight.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

• 2 months later...

I was looking at this same bag and was holding out for an offseason sale until I saw your post - THANK YOU!

I bought it in black and received it much quicker than I expected.  I've walked two rounds with it and have been very happy with it.  It looks great, enough pockets for everything I take on the course, light, individual slots for each club, water resistant, and I saved $100 over some of other bags I was looking at.  I typically walk my weekly 9 in the spring and fall, but this is the first bag I have carried instead of using a push cart.  I'm having no issues as it's a light comfortable carry.   

Yes, the zippers are a little tighter due to it being a water resistant bag, but I personally don't see it as a big deal.  I have not had any issues opening/closing the cooler zipper with one hand while carrying the bag, which was a concern for me.

Highly recommend for anyone looking for a new bag! 

Bag: Big Max Dri Lite Summit Black/Red
Driver: Callaway GBB Epic - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Green Small Batch "Hulk"
3 Wood: Callaway Epix Max - Aldila Ascent Red 
2 Iron: TaylorMade Stealth UDI - LA Golf A Series Hybrid
4-AW Irons: TaylorMade P790 - KBS Tour 120g Stiff (1/4" long, 2* upright)
54* & 58* Wedges: Callaway Jaws MD5
Putter: Mizuno M Craft I Blue
Ball: Vice Pro Plus

• 3 months later...

For anyone late to the party...they are not actually FULL LENGTH dividers. Get a flashlight and look. The top 3 were the ones that I noticed the most. I contact Big Max and they said thats by design and that its too expensive to make them full length and costco had a false description. If you look on their website it never says full length.

• 4 months later...

FYI - if you're a Costco member, this bag is now $20 off online - $139.99 with free shipping.

Driver:  Wilson Staff Cortex 9* Atmos Blue 6

3 Wood: Walter Hagen AWX

5 Wood:  Walter Hagen AWX

4 Hybrid: TaylorMade Aeroburner 

Irons 5-AW: TaylorMade Aeroburner HL 

Sand Wedge:   Wilson Harmonized 56*

Putter:   Wilson Staff Infinite Bucktown 34"

• 2 months later...

On 6/7/2022 at 3:42 PM, FightingScot82 said:

FYI - if you're a Costco member, this bag is now $20 off online - $139.99 with free shipping.

i missed this and I would have snagged one just because. I have a older big max bag and the 4 wheel cart, and they are 2 of the highest quality pieces of gear I have. can’t recommend the company enough.

D       ______ Ping G400
F{3|15} ______ Cobra King F9
X{3|19} ______ Ping G425 Hybrid 
I{5|24} {6|27} {7|31} {8|35} {9|40} Callaway Apex CF16

W{45|50} _____ Vokey SM8
W{54|58} _____ Vokey SM9
P ____________ L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ Stability

I hesitated on purchasing the Big Max through Costco because I couldn't find one to inspect in person and I was reluctant to have an entire bag of the shiny, rigid waterproof material. I ended up going with the Sun Mountain C130S to get the storage I wanted plus a stand for when its not on a cart.

Driver:  Wilson Staff Cortex 9* Atmos Blue 6

3 Wood: Walter Hagen AWX

5 Wood:  Walter Hagen AWX

4 Hybrid: TaylorMade Aeroburner 

Irons 5-AW: TaylorMade Aeroburner HL 

Sand Wedge:   Wilson Harmonized 56*

Putter:   Wilson Staff Infinite Bucktown 34"