Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Practice Mats MGS?

Has MGS ever done a most wanted on hitting surfaces?  Seems like they've done most wanted on some pretty peripheral stuff, but to me that's one of the most critical parts of practice.

Does anyone have enough experience with them to say one they might recommend? 

Cobra F8 Driver, Fairway (6wd) and hybrids

Taylor Made 770 irons

Sub70 54 and 58* wedges

Evnroll 11v 

1 hour ago, Brian Parkinson said:

Has MGS ever done a most wanted on hitting surfaces?  Seems like they've done most wanted on some pretty peripheral stuff, but to me that's one of the most critical parts of practice.

I don't believe they have done a hitting mat test in the past.   It might be on the table for this year;  when I was at headquarters a few weeks ago they had a net setup and a bunch of mats scattered around.  unfortunately I can't verify that is what they were testing or when the results would be released.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

12 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I don't believe they have done a hitting mat test in the past.   It might be on the table for this year;  when I was at headquarters a few weeks ago they had a net setup and a bunch of mats scattered around.  unfortunately I can't verify that is what they were testing or when the results would be released.  

I would be quite interested in something like this. Fingers crossed! 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

I built a nice room onto my house with an impact screen, putting surface floor, skytrak.  I went with the real feel gorilla mat.  I got the 3 x5 one without the thick rubber base, which makes it more portable to grab my net and head to the office and hit balls at lunch, but it can scoot a tiny bit while swinging, and I wish i had got the 5x5 so that i didn't have to adjust the placement of the skytrak when i move from hitting a driver or iron. There was, and is, so little information on impact screens, hitting mats, nets, and putting surfaces.  

It has been fun to see MGS start to cover some of that stuff this year.

Cobra F8 Driver, Fairway (6wd) and hybrids

Taylor Made 770 irons

Sub70 54 and 58* wedges

Evnroll 11v