:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

It was on the MGS social feeds last night as well; doesn’t seem to be a lot of information other than a fall release.  Have seen speculation that it is a new/updated iteration of the GC2 with club data.   Interesting that foresight is partnering with Bushnell and not releasing this themselves.  Look like the PLM space is going to be interesting to watch over the next year or so.  Will this be on the same level as skytrak  and mevo+ or will it be a theoretical step up like the Tiger launch monitor that has been in pre launch for a while.

here’s the website:

https://www.bushnellgolf.com/launch-pro

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

It was on the MGS social feeds last night as well; doesn’t seem to be a lot of information other than a fall release.  Have seen speculation that it is a new/updated iteration of the GC2 with club data.   Interesting that foresight is partnering with Bushnell and not releasing this themselves.  Look like the PLM space is going to be interesting to watch over the next year or so.  Will this be on the same level as skytrak  and mevo+ or will it be a theoretical step up like the Tiger launch monitor that has been in pre launch for a while.

here’s the website:

https://www.bushnellgolf.com/launch-pro

I wonder if it's so that Foresight can maintain their "premium" price tag in the professional space while licensing their name and technology to Bushnell for use in the consumer space.  Plus Bushnell already has the brand recognition in the consumer space.  I would argue that Foresight doesn't have much brand recognition within the consumer space, especially relative to "Trackman".

Bushnell would also have a distribution network that is capable of supporting the retail space as well as the direct to consumer space.

Just last week I pre-ordered the Garmin R10 and now I'm wondering if my impatience has gotten the better of me. I'm trying to rationalize that Bushnell is typically at the higher end of whatever market they enter, so maybe this will come in around $1000-2000 and still not the sub-$1000 price point, which is what I wanted.

Didn't Tony say a while back (2019? 2020?) that it didn't make sense to buy a PLM yet because of how aggressively the price and features would change in the coming couple years?

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

I believe this will be in the $3000 - $6000 range depending on what is included. It would have to be a fill gap for GC2. I see no reason they would compete with the GC Quad, so It would have to be something of an upgrade to Mevo+ or Skytrak. There lies the $3000 starting point minimum. Also the Full Swing kit is coming in at $3999 plus options, so I think this is a mid range offering full launch monitor with ball and club capabilities, but maybe without some of the pro only features of a GC Quad

PDW_LOGO_SML.png.befadb4d9b7e9ff83a65acb4f6c62bc5.png

6 hours ago, FWiater said:

I believe this will be in the $3000 - $6000 range depending on what is included. It would have to be a fill gap for GC2. I see no reason they would compete with the GC Quad, so It would have to be something of an upgrade to Mevo+ or Skytrak. There lies the $3000 starting point minimum. Also the Full Swing kit is coming in at $3999 plus options, so I think this is a mid range offering full launch monitor with ball and club capabilities, but maybe without some of the pro only features of a GC Quad

I can't see Bushnell releasing a consumer product in that price range.  Bushnell is a brand that sells in volume and is stocked in retail stores. At $3-6k this would be strictly a niche product for the most hardcore golf junkies or instructors who don't want to pay for a trackman or gc quad.  Even the mevo+ is way too expensive for the average golfer.

The only club data it mentions is head speed so my guess is this will be priced competitively with a skytrak or mevo+.  That gives foresight a chance to get in the the PLM market without infringing on their main pro/semi-pro equipment.  

42 minutes ago, FWiater said:

I agree with this.  I can see the price starting around $4000 and then have software to add on.

Makes things really interesting when I'd like to get more info than my Skytrak offers.

3 minutes ago, ChitownM2 said:

The only club data it mentions is head speed so my guess is this will be priced competitively with a skytrak or mevo+.  That gives foresight a chance to get in the the PLM market without infringing on their main pro/semi-pro equipment.  

it also states “tour level club data” which to me is more thaN just club head speed.  We will just have to wait and see as everything is just speculation.  

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

thinking about this... if Bushnell is going to claim "tour level accuracy" and this will be for indoors and outdoors... what will be the difference between it and the GCquad? And if a GCquad runs ya $15-20k, then what are they changing to bring the pricing down to $5-10k (guessing)??? 

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

9 minutes ago, JonMUSC08 said:

thinking about this... if Bushnell is going to claim "tour level accuracy" and this will be for indoors and outdoors... what will be the difference between it and the GCquad? And if a GCquad runs ya $15-20k, then what are they changing to bring the pricing down to $5-10k (guessing)??? 

It is basically the difference between GCQuad and GC2+HMT.   It would be number of cameras, environmental conditions,  connectivity,  etc.   

30 minutes ago, ChitownM2 said:

I can't see Bushnell releasing a consumer product in that price range.  Bushnell is a brand that sells in volume and is stocked in retail stores. At $3-6k this would be strictly a niche product for the most hardcore golf junkies or instructors who don't want to pay for a trackman or gc quad.  Even the mevo+ is way too expensive for the average golfer.

Bushnell has no problems releasing a $550 range finder. And this LM is a heck of lot more complicated than those. I also don't see Foresight sports putting their name and more importantly reputation on a $500 LM. If they want to claim "tour level accuracy" it's not going to come in under $3000 and hold true to that claim. Foresight sports knows that just like when big screen TV's first came out and they were tens of thousands of dollars, mass production, and consumer use can drives those costs to a fraction of what a GC quad sells for now, and they need to be prepared to deal with that. It's just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt. But history tends to repeat itself. The days of super high priced LM's are numbered, and there will always be room at the top end, the middle, and the low end depending on everyone's needs. How much data they need, and the accuracy level. Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?

6 hours ago, cnosil said:

it also states “tour level club data” which to me is more thaN just club head speed.  We will just have to wait and see as everything is just speculation.  

Yeah no way of knowing right now, I assumed they were referring to the accuracy when they stated "tour level".  If they are actually providing impact location, club path, face angle, dynamic loft, etc then I would have expected them to mention some of those things in the actual list of stats it tracks.  Those stats are what separate the $500 PLM devices from pro-sumer models costing thousands, so to me, they would have been listed if they had that capability. 

It also doesn't make sense to me why Bushnell would want to get into that limited market of products where the substantial majority of buyers would be professional / commercial customers (golf pros, simulator bars, etc.). Their entire product portfolio is about selling retail products to end users/consumers.  Likewise, I don't understand why foresight would want to "share" that market with Bushnell when they have already established themselves in that pro-sumer space.  

For me, the only logical explanation is a product that sells for $2k or less where Foresight can take advantage of Bushnell's name, retail connections and logistical capabilities to mass produce a product that could potentially be sold in B&M stores like PGATSS or Golf Galaxy, etc alongside Bushnell's other golf products.  

Edit:  Found the press release, Bushnell specifically mentions targeting this device at consumers and the "broader golf community".  $4-6k launch monitors are going to sell in extremely limited numbers....I'm guessing this is a more accurate skytrak that does a better job of capturing data outdoors.  Essentially a re-release of the GC2 but updated by Bushnell to be cheaper to mass produce and hit a lower price point.  Foresight gets to continue the revenue stream from an old product without any new investment and Bushnell gets to sell a new product in a category where they don't currently have an offering.

1 hour ago, ChitownM2 said:

Bushnell gets to sell a new product in a category where they don't currently have an offering.

Wonder how much Garmin's R10 device pushed Bushnell to get into this market. 

I have a message in to our Bushnell Rep to see if he has any additional info he can share. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

25 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I have a message in to our Bushnell Rep to see if he has any additional info he can share. 

Doing yeoman's work, as per usual. I'll be curious what you can find out! I like my Mevo+ a lot, don't think I'd change, but it's good to see more competition in this space.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

I expect this will be in the Mevo+ Or Skytrack price range. What I’m more looking forward to learning about is what it offers in the simulator side and what the subscription looks like. 

ive always said I want a home sim in the next house, seems like this could be great competition for skytrack too

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

12 hours ago, cnosil said:

Wonder how much Garmin's R10 device pushed Bushnell to get into this market. 

I would guess 0% - between the timing of the announcements and product development cycles, I lean more towards what the others here have mentioned about Mevo+/SkyTrak. I think there will be decent overlap between how each is positioned (i.e. both will tout their portability, indoor/outdoor use, home sim, etc) but Garmin's bread and butter is GPS and Bushnell is laser/optics.

All that to say, if the high-end rivalry is Quad vs Trackman, I'm totally here for an affordable rivalry between Bushnell and Garmin 🙂

Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)

Tested:

• 3 weeks later...

My guess is the biggest difference is software. Foresight allows you to play courses, and has complex fitting software. I would guess that this won’t be as robust in that department. While it will offer a lot of data, my guess is you won’t get the stuff the average golfer doesn’t quite understand. Think foresight=fitting and bushnell=range work. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

• 2 weeks later...

Bushnell updated the site with a little new info.  Sounds to me like they are saying it gives "tour level accuracy" not that it provides the type of data that a tour level LM can.  It specifically mentions providing reliable launch and ball flight data and nothing about specific club metrics other than the clubhead speed previously mentioned.  I'm definitely thinking this is going to be like a more accurate Mevo+ as they specifically call out radar based systems as having to "guess using algorithms" for the data.  Hopefully it comes in at or below that price point as well.....

Will need to see a head to head comparison with the Garmin R10 because if that device can deliver reasonable accuracy on the metrics it measures it seems way more useful than getting near perfect accuracy on far fewer items.  If club path, face angle, launch direction, angle of attack, etc are reasonably accurate I would much rather have all of that data compared to what this appears to be offering.  I'm also pretty certain that the Bushnell isn't going to be $600 so it may be an uphill battle if Garmin has found a way to give accurate results.

I don’t have an issue with radar based monitors, in fact I prefer Trackman over GCQuad even indoors. However, the early reports on the R10 seem to indicate that it’s not going to be in the same ball park compared to the Launch Pro when it comes to accuracy. Assuming the Launch Pro provides the same degree of accuracy as GC2/4. 

The reviews I've seen on the R10 show it picking up shots going to opposite direction as what GC4 was showing.  That is really bad and will likely be the source of a lot of frustration for golfers trying to get better…”but I hit draws on my R10 all the time…”

Ogio Woode 8 Hybrid Stand Bag
PXG 0811 X Gen4 @ 6* - Fujikura Motore X F3 7X
PXG 0211 @ 13.5* - Fujikura Motore X F1 8X
PXG 0311 XP Gen3 3i-PW - PX LZ 6.5
PXG 0311 Forged 54/60 - PX LZ 6.5
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

28 minutes ago, CRW said:

I don’t have an issue with radar based monitors, in fact I prefer Trackman over GCQuad even indoors. However, the early reports on the R10 seem to indicate that it’s not going to be in the same ball park compared to the Launch Pro when it comes to accuracy. Assuming the Launch Pro provides the same degree of accuracy as GC2/4. 

The reviews I've seen on the R10 show it picking up shots going to opposite direction as what GC4 was showing.  That is really bad and will likely be the source of a lot of frustration for golfers trying to get better…”but I hit draws on my R10 all the time…”

That would definitely be a problem with the R10 if it can't accurately pick up the spin axis.  Have to see what future software updates bring as hopefully that could be fixed and isn't a limitation of the radar unit they are using.  Hard to believe that the product could make it all the way to launch and still be picking up the spin axis completely wrong.

On 8/24/2021 at 2:51 PM, ChitownM2 said:

That would definitely be a problem with the R10 if it can't accurately pick up the spin axis.  Have to see what future software updates bring as hopefully that could be fixed and isn't a limitation of the radar unit they are using.  Hard to believe that the product could make it all the way to launch and still be picking up the spin axis completely wrong.

I've used the R10 a couple times at the range and can confirm that it does sometimes display a shot shape other than what I hit. It's not that common, but maybe 5-10% of the time? If I were hitting into a net, I could definitely see this being a problem, but outdoors, it's obviously pretty easy to know that it got it wrong.

One thing that has been helpful in my use of the R10 is knowing which metrics are measured and which are calculated. It's measuring speeds and angles but it's calculating spin and spin axis, for example. So it's not that it's "picking up" incorrectly, it's that there's massive room for improvement on their algorithms. Hopefully that can be addressed in a firmware update.

Tested:

I think what Harry has shared in his testing of the R10 just places that much more pressure (and hope) on the Launch Pro. 

https://mygolfspy.com/hype-meter-garmin-approach-r10/

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

6 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

I think what Harry has shared in his testing of the R10 just places that much more pressure (and hope) on the Launch Pro. 

https://mygolfspy.com/hype-meter-garmin-approach-r10/

Gotta agree here. Count me in as a hopeful. I’m trying to decide if it is worth a long term savings plan to try and get to the $2k price range. Especially since the R10 doesn’t seem to be the answer in the lower end price point. I have an empty indoor in the winter that I can hit in everyday so I need something accurate indoors. 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

More rumors indicating this would be the U.S. version of the GC3 that is upcoming and comes with a lot of the same features as the GC4 minus some of the more advanced club metrics. If it starts at 3k I think this would be an incredible purchase if the features are accurate. I'm definitely super interested to see the price and performance of this thing. A strong potential purchase for me. 

• Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 8° Accra FX2.0 250 M4
  • PXG 5 wood turned 4 wood hzrd black
  • PXG 3 Hybrid hzrd black
  • Taylormade 2019 P790's KBS Tour S 4-5
  • PXG 0211 ST 6-GW
  • Vokey 54/58° sm8 
  • Mizuno Mcraft 3

That's a good catch on getting the Google Cache of the page.

According to the page, these are the metrics you don't get for the club:

Loft/Lie
Face Angle
Impact Location
Closure Rate

Driver: Callaway Paradym @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Odyssey AI One Jailbird Mini

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023, Titleist AVX

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

13 hours ago, PeterHenric said:

That's a good catch on getting the Google Cache of the page.

According to the page, these are the metrics you don't get for the club:

Loft/Lie
Face Angle
Impact Location
Closure Rate

Correct, that would be the "4 dot" club data the Quad uses.