TESTERS WANTED! ×

DIY Swing Weight Findings

So as many of you know, I just received and started playing my new ZX5's with the MMT 80 R shafts.  I have a couple of practice range sessions and rounds now under my belt and hitting them quite good considering I've changed from steel to graphite, from  +1 to +1/2, from standard to mid-size grip, and too a bit less forgiving design. The thing I'm noticing most is that they feel a wee bit lighter and I need to focus more on a slower tempo. 

Out of curiosity, I set up a quick bench system to check swing weights as I haven't yet invested in a machine.  I used a 1/4 inch diameter fiberglass rod as my fulcrum and my wife's postal weight scale which I know is accurate as the Post Office and it jives. Here's the set-up.

370809473_swingweight.jpg.ed1ec4ddc409f50a370785ed70f2f46c.jpg

With the balance point established, I would put a small magic marker dot on the shaft then measure from end of grip to that mark.  I would then weigh each shaft with that mark centered on the scale.  I then entered that data into this online swing weight calculator to get the result.  Here is an example of what it looks like.

image.png.b4f320987d2b87476bb8f5bd8cf7385a.png

Here is the tabulated data and results

image.png.cd9f4d151500b16899cf2cae0b1f35d2.png

The build specs included D1-D2 which is what True Spec measured my G410 6i to be.  What's cool is that that matches what my DIY Red Green bench came up with 👍. The G410's were built by PING and numbers don't appear to follow the AWT (Ascending Weight Technology).  The ZX5's are definitely lighter, but a bit more consistent top to bottom.  Could it be the change to the Golf Pride mid-size Align grips that shifted the ZX5 swing weight?  And then there is just the change moving from a steel 98g to the composite 84g shaft that's 1/2" shorter.  All of the composite shafts I tested, except the 110 Steel Fibers, felt "light"... maybe I just need to adjust my swing tempo?

So now what?  Lead tape? 😬. From what I'm reading, it takes ~2 grams of lead tape to make a 1 point change in swing weight.  So would I need to add 18 grams (0.56 oz.) to make my ZX5 7i a D2?

This does help me understand why I'm feeling like I'm overpowering them a bit.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Swing weight or the static weight ?  That is the question

But, yeah, that is a nice homemade device.  I use a marker with the cap on on the table to balance the club when using the online swing weight calculator.  Mark the balance point with a magic marker and measure from there.  The clip on the cap of the marker pen prevent the pen from rolling when balancing the shaft on it.  Worked out okay for need in a jam on the road.

A lot of people don't like the online swing weight calculator, but I have found it to be very accurate.  There are several sources for the calculator.

I also found the static weight and the balance are more important than the swing weight value.  Swing weight is all about the "feel" and the measure of the swing weight is to cut short of the chase for the feel of balance.

Once I know a golfer who has every stick in his bag at a different swing weight value and some with different gap in the set up of loft and length.  However, the distance gap of his short to middle sticks were perfect.  He was an experienced club maker hobbyist.  It was a classic case of a bag with clubs not matched perfectly on paper but worked perfectly on the golf course.

I always remembered that experience and it changed my way of thinking since 20 years ago. 

Edited by release

1 hour ago, release said:

Swing weight or the static weight ?  That is the question

But, yeah, that is a nice homemade device.  I use a marker with the cap on on the table to balance the club when using the online swing weight calculator.  Mark the balance point with a magic marker and measure from there.  The clip on the cap of the marker pen prevent the pen from rolling when balancing the shaft on it.  Worked out okay for need in a jam on the road.

A lot of people don't like the online swing weight calculator, but I have found it to be very accurate.  There are several sources for the calculator.

I also found the static weight and the balance are more important than the swing weight value.  Swing weight is all about the "feel" and the measure of the swing weight is to cut short of the chase for the feel of balance.

Once I know a golfer who has every stick in his bag at a different swing weight value and some with different gap in the set up of loft and length.  However, the distance gap of his short to middle sticks were perfect.  He was an experienced club maker hobbyist.  It was a classic case of a bag with clubs not matched perfectly on paper but worked perfectly on the golf course.

I always remembered that experience and it changed my way of thinking since 20 years ago. 

I know the whole swing weight discussion is anything but cut and dry.  Looking at the static weights, they are pretty darn close. I was just a little curious what the new sticks measured against what I thought all of my G410's were supposed to be (D1-D2).  The findings surprised me. The Srixon website shows the ZX5's with their stock Recoil 95 to be D2... quite a bit different than what my measurements and the on-line tool yields.  I'm going to see if one of the shops in Bozeman has a scale and can check them for me.

7 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

So as many of you know, I just received and started playing my new ZX5's with the MMT 80 R shafts.  I have a couple of practice range sessions and rounds now under my belt and hitting them quite good considering I've changed from steel to graphite, from  +1 to +1/2, from standard to mid-size grip, and too a bit less forgiving design. The thing I'm noticing most is that they feel a wee bit lighter and I need to focus more on a slower tempo. 

Out of curiosity, I set up a quick bench system to check swing weights as I haven't yet invested in a machine.  I used a 1/4 inch diameter fiberglass rod as my fulcrum and my wife's postal weight scale which I know is accurate as the Post Office and it jives. Here's the set-up.

370809473_swingweight.jpg.ed1ec4ddc409f50a370785ed70f2f46c.jpg

With the balance point established, I would put a small magic marker dot on the shaft then measure from end of grip to that mark.  I would then weigh each shaft with that mark centered on the scale.  I then entered that data into this online swing weight calculator to get the result.  Here is an example of what it looks like.

image.png.b4f320987d2b87476bb8f5bd8cf7385a.png

Here is the tabulated data and results

image.png.cd9f4d151500b16899cf2cae0b1f35d2.png

The build specs included D1-D2 which is what True Spec measured my G410 6i to be.  What's cool is that that matches what my DIY Red Green bench came up with 👍. The G410's were built by PING and numbers don't appear to follow the AWT (Ascending Weight Technology).  The ZX5's are definitely lighter, but a bit more consistent top to bottom.  Could it be the change to the Golf Pride mid-size Align grips that shifted the ZX5 swing weight?  And then there is just the change moving from a steel 98g to the composite 84g shaft that's 1/2" shorter.  All of the composite shafts I tested, except the 110 Steel Fibers, felt "light"... maybe I just need to adjust my swing tempo?

So now what?  Lead tape? 😬. From what I'm reading, it takes ~2 grams of lead tape to make a 1 point change in swing weight.  So would I need to add 18 grams (0.56 oz.) to make my ZX5 7i a D2?

This does help me understand why I'm feeling like I'm overpowering them a bit.

That's quite a difference!!  Maybe contact the builder to see what they got for SW when built?  They might have some insights.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Have you taken the differences in the weight of the grips into consideration ?

I am, however, very surprised the swing weight of Ping set is all over the place.  They used to have very good control on spec.

Perhaps it's all the optional shafts they offer now, or because the assembly is not centralized like it used to be.

Edited by release

I am also surprised the Ping SW's are that scattered.  I wouldn't be surprised by a 2 SW difference from 4 - 9 irons but 5 seems like a lot to me.  I'd have to check those numbers against a scale to have confidence in them.  Does your 'feel' tell you the same thing....that the G410 8i feels a lot lighter than the 7i ?  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

8 hours ago, Kenny B said:

That's quite a difference!!  Maybe contact the builder to see what they got for SW when built?  They might have some insights.

Yup, already reached out to them and plan to call today.  What's odd is that both the PING and Srixon websites show D0 to D2 as stock builds with composite shafts. PING footnotes do say "achievable swing weights depend on shaft, grip, and length combinations".  Srixon shows the stock Recoil (91-96g) with GP TV360 grips at D2.  The TV 360 is listed at 52g and the GP Midsize Align I have are 62g.  If these were up at C8+ I doubt I'd be noticing the change in feel.

I guess my BIG question is what the heck would builders have to do to build ZX5's at D2?  This video from McGolf discusses this issue and specifically on a Z585 build.

1 hour ago, Shapotomous said:

I am also surprised the Ping SW's are that scattered.  I wouldn't be surprised by a 2 SW difference from 4 - 9 irons but 5 seems like a lot to me.  I'd have to check those numbers against a scale to have confidence in them.  Does your 'feel' tell you the same thing....that the G410 8i feels a lot lighter than the 7i ?  

I was surprised on the scatter as well... though @chisaghas previously shared with me that OEM builds are off as much as they are correct. I've been playing the G410's for over two years now and never noticed any difference. I'm wondering about the accuracy of the DIY swing weight and definitely want to get them checked. 

I know OEM builds can be off but c9 to d4 is more than i have normally seen.  😲    And Ping was generally know to be on the lighter side of swingweights...what is up with that d4 7i - that is way out of character....that thing musta' swung like a sledgehammer for you compared to the 8?   🔨

I have always had a scale or access to one and always set my irons to the same sw based off the longest iron...which was usually the heaviest sw.  I like the consistency.  My Mizzy's are all lead taped to D1.  Since I shortened them by 3/8" they needed some junk in the trunk to keep from feeling too light to me.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Ok, I heard back from Fairway Jockey this afternoon and they were straight up in saying "we missed that part of your build spec and we're sorry about that".  They offered to send me a shipper, make the adjustments, and ship back on an expedited schedule.  The fix is to remove the heads, install tungsten weight in the hosel, and re-install the heads.  I asked if that is how it would have been done had they not missed the swing weight and they said yes... standard build practice.

I've heard pros and cons about the weight in the hosel; less epoxy bonding area, stress riser, and the occasional "klackity-klack" if not done correctly.  Anyone know the nitty gritty on this and whether it should be of any concern?

8 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Ok, I heard back from Fairway Jockey this afternoon and they were straight up in saying "we missed that part of your build spec and we're sorry about that".  They offered to send me a shipper, make the adjustments, and ship back on an expedited schedule.  The fix is to remove the heads, install tungsten weight in the hosel, and re-install the heads.  I asked if that is how it would have been done had they not missed the swing weight and they said yes... standard build practice.

I've heard pros and cons about the weight in the hosel; less epoxy bonding area, stress riser, and the occasional "klackity-klack" if not done correctly.  Anyone know the nitty gritty on this and whether it should be of any concern?

From my understanding tip weights are standard practice for doing what you want to accomplish.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

13 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Well that sucks!!  I hope they can get them back to you before you leave for AZ!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

19 hours ago, release said:

Have you taken the differences in the weight of the grips into consideration ?

I am, however, very surprised the swing weight of Ping set is all over the place.  They used to have very good control on spec.

Perhaps it's all the optional shafts they offer now, or because the assembly is not centralized like it used to be.

Well I do know the stock Srixon TV 360 is lighter than the Align Midsize and that certainly is part of it. 

19 hours ago, Kenny B said:

You could always come to Richland and use my scale... play a little golf!!

Could you bring the scale with you and we'll play Old Works? 🙂

3 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

I know OEM builds can be off but c9 to d4 is more than i have normally seen.  😲    And Ping was generally know to be on the lighter side of swingweights...what is up with that d4 7i - that is way out of character....that thing musta' swung like a sledgehammer for you compared to the 8?   🔨

Funny thing is that I honestly never noticed any difference between the G410's... but do notice the change in the ZX5's.  I'm thinking if they were close to D0 I wouldn't.

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Well that sucks!!  I hope they can get them back to you before you leave for AZ!

Oh, I'm sure that won't be an issue.  Given how much change I'm making in all this "move to composite shafts", perhaps I should continue to play them a bit more.  I'm hitting them as well as the G410's and suspect that improves with time.  They would have to add 18 grams to bring the 7i to achieve a D2... that's a bunch. 

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Oh, I'm sure that won't be an issue.  Given how much change I'm making in all this "move to composite shafts", perhaps I should continue to play them a bit more.  I'm hitting them as well as the G410's and suspect that improves with time.  They would have to add 18 grams to bring the 7i to achieve a D2... that's a bunch. 

I don't think that's achievable in the hosel, even with tungsten and adding powder in the shaft tip.

Dropping 14 grams in the shaft and making them 1/2-inch shorter is a serious SW change and then adding a heavier grip makes it worse.  Except for the flex, they are probably perfect for Martha. lol.    You might want to try a lighter grip.  Winn makes the Dri-tac Lite grip in a midsize that weighs 23 grams; that save 38 grams.  Don't know anything about them or how they feel.

In my case I went from 84 gram steel shafts in my Bridgestones to 64 gram graphite in my Mizunos and similar clubs are an inch shorter.  The swingweights are almost identical at D0-D1, but the Mizunos feel a lot lighter... so much so that they really messed up my tempo.  However, working with the PlaneMate has helped, and I am swinging them better.  After swinging the Mizunos for a week, I can easily take the Bridgestones out for a round and play decently.  When I get home, it takes me several swings with the Mizunos before I can hit the ball even remotely well.  So tomorrow the Mizunos are on the course!!!  What I haven't done yet is replace the Mizuno grips with my Pure grips.  I suspect the SW will drop since my Pure midsize grips are 56 grams; probably more than the Mizuno standard grips.

57 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I don't think that's achievable in the hosel, even with tungsten and adding powder in the shaft tip.

Dropping 14 grams in the shaft and making them 1/2-inch shorter is a serious SW change and then adding a heavier grip makes it worse.  Except for the flex, they are probably perfect for Martha. lol.    You might want to try a lighter grip.  Winn makes the Dri-tac Lite grip in a midsize that weighs 23 grams; that save 38 grams.  Don't know anything about them or how they feel.

In my case I went from 84 gram steel shafts in my Bridgestones to 64 gram graphite in my Mizunos and similar clubs are an inch shorter.  The swingweights are almost identical at D0-D1, but the Mizunos feel a lot lighter... so much so that they really messed up my tempo.  However, working with the PlaneMate has helped, and I am swinging them better.  After swinging the Mizunos for a week, I can easily take the Bridgestones out for a round and play decently.  When I get home, it takes me several swings with the Mizunos before I can hit the ball even remotely well.  So tomorrow the Mizunos are on the course!!!  What I haven't done yet is replace the Mizuno grips with my Pure grips.  I suspect the SW will drop since my Pure midsize grips are 56 grams; probably more than the Mizuno standard grips.

I'm liking the midsize grips thus far though the "align" feature is somewhat lost with me - not really feeling that raised area much if at all.  I didn't even think about the grip weight when I chose these; just wanted midsize, liked the look, and a number of spies gave them good reviews.  Good to know about the lighter midsize options and that's something I can look into - thanks!

When I think back to the previous fitter and the 11:59 decision to go with the +1 length on the G410's, I'm kind of thinking SW got lost in the order to PING.  If memory serves, my PE2's (+1/2 with ZZ-Lite shafts) were D0-D1 and that is what I thought we were targeting.  The G410's did feel a bit heavier but I never gave that any consideration or had them checked. 

Clearly I unknowingly adjusted to heavier SW clubs then and now I'm leaning towards just working with these and adjusting to them. Ball speed is up ~2 mph and early indications are that dispersion is a wee bit better... hell, who knows, maybe I should have been playing lighter SW's all along 🤔.

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I think there is more going on with that one club than just the grip.  All the other Ping clubs fairly consistent and could be tweaked.  My guess is that to fix the 8 iron correctly it would require a new head.  Wonder what the individual weights of all the components are in relation to spec weight.  Grip a little higher, head a little lower,  shaft trimmed in the wrong spot and you get way off on the SW.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Learning new stuff everyday on MGS.  Kenny's comment got me to looking at grip options.  I had no idea they made a grip that can offer up to 4 point SW change.

Tour 25® Grip - Golf Pride®

7 hours ago, cnosil said:

I think there is more going on with that one club than just the grip.  All the other Ping clubs fairly consistent and could be tweaked.  My guess is that to fix the 8 iron correctly it would require a new head.  Wonder what the individual weights of all the components are in relation to spec weight.  Grip a little higher, head a little lower,  shaft trimmed in the wrong spot and you get way off on the SW.  

I agree.  I rechecked my fulcrum length and weight on the 8i and it still shows C9.5 using the Hireko on-line calculator - whose output provides a little more accuracy.

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Learning new stuff everyday on MGS.  Kenny's comment got me to looking at grip options.  I had no idea they made a grip that can offer up to 4 point SW change.

Tour 25® Grip - Golf Pride®

I agree.  I rechecked my fulcrum length and weight on the 8i and it still shows C9.5 using the Hireko on-line calculator - whose output provides a little more accuracy.

Correction.  The G410 8i weighs 14.9 oz. and is D4.  

Since I had the DIY bench system rolling, I decided to pull the PE2's from their hibernation box and check them as well (C8.5-D1). So they are in fact what I remembered ~D0.  Funny thing that they are called "lite" since, as compared to the AWT's, they are heavier (115g vs. 98g).  That extra 1/2" length on the AWT's really influences the SW. I use the ID8 grips (standard) on the G410's and those are listed at 51g.  The midsize Align are 62g... as @Kenny Bpoints out, those are contributing to ZX5's being light.  

I'd love to have a certified SW scale (Mitchell, Golfworks, etc.) to check my manual DIY numbers.  It's really pretty easy to do and, if accurate, not a bad option for the casual hobbyist.  I will be checking the ZX5's at a shop in Bozeman so that will give me an idea on accuracy.  If the system proves out, I will invest in a digital scale as the dial one requires a bit of "interpretation" and most likely the biggest contributor in variance. 

@McGolfhas generously provided me some thoughts/recommendations on the ZX5's that balances adding some SW while ensuring both prudent build methods and the club heads intended design characteristics aren't compromised. Thanks again Jim!

I don't understand how your clubs ended up so far out of spec.  Were you aiming for the stock D2 weight to match your old clubs?  The lighter shafts should have been more than offset by the +1/2" length and the heavier grips should only be making a 1 or 2 SW difference but you are way farther out of spec.  Adding tip weights is normal for getting the clubs to the right swing weight nut you are 6 to 7 points light on most clubs which I would think is at the limit of what can be done with tip weights.  

Does anyone know if Srixon uses lighter weight heads for the longer than stock builds?  I know Mizuno has "B" heads that are lighter than standard and are used on all builds that are +1/2" or more.  I think the intent is to use the lighter heads to offset the added length to maintain the standard SW.  I think other manufacturers like Ping used to do this but have since stopped and now just use weight screws or similar to do the best they can.  The only way I can see your clubs being so light is if they used lighter than normal heads, otherwise I can't understand how you could end up so far off spec.

On 7/26/2021 at 10:31 PM, ChitownM2 said:

I don't understand how your clubs ended up so far out of spec.  Were you aiming for the stock D2 weight to match your old clubs?  The lighter shafts should have been more than offset by the +1/2" length and the heavier grips should only be making a 1 or 2 SW difference but you are way farther out of spec.  Adding tip weights is normal for getting the clubs to the right swing weight nut you are 6 to 7 points light on most clubs which I would think is at the limit of what can be done with tip weights.  

Does anyone know if Srixon uses lighter weight heads for the longer than stock builds?  I know Mizuno has "B" heads that are lighter than standard and are used on all builds that are +1/2" or more.  I think the intent is to use the lighter heads to offset the added length to maintain the standard SW.  I think other manufacturers like Ping used to do this but have since stopped and now just use weight screws or similar to do the best they can.  The only way I can see your clubs being so light is if they used lighter than normal heads, otherwise I can't understand how you could end up so far off spec.

That's near exactly what the shop in Bozeman said when I stopped by to have them check my findings.  He said "that's odd, I would expect them all to be D0 with those shafts and +1/2".  They were all between C8.8 and C9.9 using his Golfworks scale.  Apparently, as careful and precise as I tried to be using the manual method, it's not reliable (probably my scale).  Anyone trying the DIY SW method, beware.  This experience prompted me to purchase this last night, the first acquisition for the build bench, and should arrive next Wednesday 👍.

image.png.b9716b2e10a8e3951044c2d7e13055a1.png

So, that's good news on two fronts. First other than just missing the D2 target on my spec sheet, Fairway Jockey built them correctly. Second, that getting them to D2 is much more in-line with standard build practices.  

With them this close to target, I'm debating whether to just play them a bit more and see if I can adjust to them 🤔.

14 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

That's near exactly what the shop in Bozeman said when I stopped by to have them check my findings.  He said "that's odd, I would expect them all to be D0 with those shafts and +1/2".  They were all between C8.8 and C9.9 using his Golfworks scale.  Apparently, as careful and precise as I tried to be using the manual method, it's not reliable (probably my scale).  Anyone trying the DIY SW method, beware.  This experience prompted me to purchase this last night, the first acquisition for the build bench, and should arrive next Wednesday 👍.

image.png.b9716b2e10a8e3951044c2d7e13055a1.png

So, that's good news on two fronts. First other than just missing the D2 target on my spec sheet, Fairway Jockey built them correctly. Second, that getting them to D2 is much more in-line with standard build practices.  

With them this close to target, I'm debating whether to just play them a bit more and see if I can adjust to them 🤔.

I would get them adjusted to what they were supposed to be.  Pulling the shafts and adjusting the tip weights isn't a big deal and shouldn't take them very long so it seems like an easy fix rather than trying to adjust your swing and introduce another variable that may mess you up.