Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

New Set New State

So I moved from Detroit to South Carolina for year round golf, and no harsh winters. It’s been great. One of the first things I did when we got here in January was go get fit for new clubs. I immediately fell in love with the P790 irons! Added distance and control, and man they are cool looking. It took nearly 8 weeks to get them, but it was worth the wait! I ended up getting an Odessey O Works Marxman putter and some TaylorMade MG Wedges. I kept my TM Burner because new drivers weren’t outperforming my trusty Burner. It was quite amazing. I’ve gone every month or so to fit for driver, hoping something would change. I wanted that new driver experience!! Well it finally happened in June. The Callaway Epic Max was giving me 20-30 more yards! I decided to get it, and then something really cool happened. At checkout they tell me to pick a Callaway player to win the US Open, and if they win, I get my driver paid for. It was a simple choice there, Jon Rahm has been playing lights out. I picked Jon, and he won obviously! I just got my $586 gift card to Dicks Sporting Goods in the mail the other day. Not sure what to spend it on just yet, but I did buy a new putter cover and some Pro V1X balls! Things have been going great, and my game has never looked so good! I am playing much more, so my scores are better too.

This is kind of a brag post, but my wife and I used to always say if we didn’t have bad luck, we would have no luck at all. Things have really turned around for us down here. My diagnosis of MS two years ago is finally getting treated property down here, more golf in 6 months than I had in 6 years in Detroit, and for the first time in my life, I won something! Well Jon Rahm won, I just got the benefit! 

If anyone is considering new irons, check out the P790-P770 sets from Taylor Made. They are fantastic! Especially the all black P790s that came out weeks after I bought mine!

359779EE-F31C-4EEA-8606-8A329CC28DFE.jpeg

Go Blue! Hail to the victors!

Glad to hear your positive story and those are some nice looking clubs.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

What better than being healthier, playing more golf, getting new clubs AND extra cash???

Gratz!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

On 7/25/2021 at 4:43 AM, Kanoito said:

What better than being healthier, playing more golf, getting new clubs AND extra cash???

Gratz!

Thank you so much! All those years of bad breaks has paid off in the last year. What do the kids say these days? #blessed? Hahah is that still a thing? 

Go Blue! Hail to the victors!