TESTERS WANTED! ×

Arccos User Group

tony@CIC

Q:  Is the Link or Link 2 perform better than Apple watch smart caddy app?

I figured out how to use my Apple watch for shot detection after 10 rounds played.  My watch needs to be within an inch from the iPhone (weird) at start round.  The watch worked well, but the battery died on the 18th green and manually added the final two putts on the iPhone.  The round was only 3 hours and 7 minutes, too.

Should I get the LInk 2?

:titelist-small: Linksmaster bag  

:titelist-small:  TSR3 11° Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6 stiff

:titelist-small:   TSi2 16.5° and 21° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7 stiff 

:titelist-small:  T200 Utility Build 22° Graphite Design Tour AD 85 HY stiff

:titelist-small:  2021 T200 5-P Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff

:vokey-small:  SM9 48.10F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff52.12F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 120 stiff and 58.10S Jet Black Premium True Temper AMT Black-Black Onyx S300

Scotty Cameron   2022 Special Select Jet Set Newport 34" 350g

ArccosSig.jpg.ebcfd079607adabd46a71d6125ee2ab6.jpg P3 sensor, Caddy Smart grips, and Apple Watch

:titelist-small:  ProV1x

Forget the watch and get a Link.  I dont know about link vs link 2.  But scratch the watch.

Woods:  :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max LS 9*,  Ventus Blue 6S / :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+, 15*, MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 X Proto 3H & 4H, Ventus Blue 7S  

Irons: :Takomo: Takomo IRON 101 5-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX ZipCore 48*, Accra T90i, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: :EVNROLL: ER1.2, 355g, :kbs: Tour GPS, 33" w/
image.png.709cedef1b6b981263b7fb0d3abefd71.png Mid Slim 2.0
Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: :nike-small: '20 Air Hybrid 2 / :Clicgear: 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2, Swivel kit
Accessories: :Arccos: 360 /  Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized 

On 5/28/2022 at 10:37 AM, Play18 said:

Q:  Is the Link or Link 2 perform better than Apple watch smart caddy app?

I figured out how to use my Apple watch for shot detection after 10 rounds played.  My watch needs to be within an inch from the iPhone (weird) at start round.  The watch worked well, but the battery died on the 18th green and manually added the final two putts on the iPhone.  The round was only 3 hours and 7 minutes, too.

Should I get the LInk 2?

I use my Apple Watch 6 for shot detection and leave my phone in my bag.  Works great and I’ve never had battery issues.    I can add putts or mark them as chips, mark the pin location, and see gps distances all from my watch.  No way I would trade that for a Link.

• :ping-small: G425 Max driver
  • :ping-small: G425 SFT 3 wood
  • :ping-small: G425 3 and 5 hybrid
  • :callaway-small:  B21 irons 6-PW
  • :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 48 and CBX2 52/58 Wedges
  • :odyssey-small: 2 ball Ten Tour lined
  • :bridgestone-small:Tour BX ball
  • :Arccos: Arccos Caddie with Apple Watch
  • :footjoy-small: Hyperflex shoes
  • :BagBoy: Chiller Hybrid Stand Bag

Just an FYI, I had added the P3 putter sensor to my putter a few weeks back and lost it this past weekend. Not sure if there is an issue with using it in the Pistolini Grip but will be extra careful going forward. I have to retighten the other sensors every so often, I thought I had with the putter also but it got loose somehow. 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5 degree; :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 60G, 6.0 Flex

:titelist-small: TSI 2, 3W 15 degrees

:titelist-small: TSI 2,  3 Hybrid 18 degrees

:titelist-small: TSI 2, 4 Hybrid 21 degrees

:titelist-small: T200 5 Iron

:titleist-small: T150 6 thru PW

:titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM8 48 & 52; SM9 58 degrees

:titelist-small: :cameron-small: Special Select Fastback 1.5 Putter; :EVNROLL: ER5v Hatchback Putter

:titelist-small: Pro V1-2023 & :maxfli: 2023 Tour Ball 

:titleist-small: Players 4 Plus Stand Bag
Bushnell Tour V5 Rangefinder 

:Arccos: Caddie 

:SuperSpeed:  Training System 

On 5/29/2022 at 8:41 PM, Shankdog said:

I use my Apple Watch 6 for shot detection and leave my phone in my bag.  Works great and I’ve never had battery issues.    I can add putts or mark them as chips, mark the pin location, and see gps distances all from my watch.  No way I would trade that for a Link.

I realized my Apple Watch is v5 and the battery dies after 3.5 hours of shot detection.  It died on 18 green and after 14 holes on Sunday.  For me, I don't utilize the Apple Watch functionalities to buy the updated version.  I may just get the Link 2 and my Whoop on the course.

:titelist-small: Linksmaster bag  

:titelist-small:  TSR3 11° Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6 stiff

:titelist-small:   TSi2 16.5° and 21° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7 stiff 

:titelist-small:  T200 Utility Build 22° Graphite Design Tour AD 85 HY stiff

:titelist-small:  2021 T200 5-P Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff

:vokey-small:  SM9 48.10F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff52.12F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 120 stiff and 58.10S Jet Black Premium True Temper AMT Black-Black Onyx S300

Scotty Cameron   2022 Special Select Jet Set Newport 34" 350g

ArccosSig.jpg.ebcfd079607adabd46a71d6125ee2ab6.jpg P3 sensor, Caddy Smart grips, and Apple Watch

:titelist-small:  ProV1x

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a good comparison you would recommend to compare Arccos vs. Shot Scope side by side? My free membership for Arccos stops in January and I have a decision to make. I was fine with $100 per year but $155 just seems too much. 

My experience has been great with Arccos and I would recommend using the link. Very rarely does the link miss a shot. That being said I would like to avoid a large membership fee that will probably continue to go up over the years. 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5 degree; :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 60G, 6.0 Flex

:titelist-small: :cameron-small: Special Select Fastback 1.5 Putter; :EVNROLL: ER5v Hatchback Putter

1 hour ago, Dennis K said:

Is there a good comparison you would recommend to compare Arccos vs. Shot Scope side by side? My free membership for Arccos stops in January and I have a decision to make. I was fine with $100 per year but $155 just seems too much. 

My experience has been great with Arccos and I would recommend using the link. Very rarely does the link miss a shot. That being said I would like to avoid a large membership fee that will probably continue to go up over the years. 

While I certainly see the advantages of Arccos, I'm curious as to the value/benefits one will continue to see after a year or two of use.  I know that as players we are constantly seeking to improve, but I'm not convinced that continual tracking of data will be of added benefits over a course of years....at least not at the price of yearly subscriptions.

We have similar handicaps, so I would think that our paths to improvement is in the details more than the broad strokes.  Will continued tracking of our strengths and weaknesses add value or just give us data?

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to have two different profiles with Arccos?  Specifically, my normal data on one, and a separate one that would represent my scramble team with my wife.

• :ping-small: G425 Max driver
  • :ping-small: G425 SFT 3 wood
  • :ping-small: G425 3 and 5 hybrid
  • :callaway-small:  B21 irons 6-PW
  • :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 48 and CBX2 52/58 Wedges
  • :odyssey-small: 2 ball Ten Tour lined
  • :bridgestone-small:Tour BX ball
  • :Arccos: Arccos Caddie with Apple Watch
  • :footjoy-small: Hyperflex shoes
  • :BagBoy: Chiller Hybrid Stand Bag

27 minutes ago, Shankdog said:

I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to have two different profiles with Arccos?  Specifically, my normal data on one, and a separate one that would represent my scramble team with my wife.

I think you would just have to create two different emails/accounts. Could link the same sensors but again you would be paying 2 subscriptions for that.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Hey everyone, not sure if you are using the P3 Putter sensor yet but I have lost 2 over the last two months. I use the Scotty Pistolini Plus grip and it feels snug in there but for some reason they have come loose.

I don’t throw my clubs and I have checked the bottom of my bag without success. I have ordered one more and I am going to tape the sensor on to my grip. I have been using the standard Arccos sensors in the rest of my clubs and have not lost a single one. Just frustrating. 

22 hours ago, Dennis K said:

Hey everyone, not sure if you are using the P3 Putter sensor yet but I have lost 2 over the last two months. I use the Scotty Pistolini Plus grip and it feels snug in there but for some reason they have come loose.

I don’t throw my clubs and I have checked the bottom of my bag without success. I have ordered one more and I am going to tape the sensor on to my grip. I have been using the standard Arccos sensors in the rest of my clubs and have not lost a single one. Just frustrating. 

That’s really strange.  I have the same Pistolini Plus and the new P3 and I have not lost it once.  Knock on wood.  Could the hole for the Pistolini be over stretched?

I have noticed that the P3 seems to be more accurate on putts taken and not ghost putts.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

On 6/26/2022 at 11:26 AM, CarlH said:

While I certainly see the advantages of Arccos, I'm curious as to the value/benefits one will continue to see after a year or two of use.  I know that as players we are constantly seeking to improve, but I'm not convinced that continual tracking of data will be of added benefits over a course of years....at least not at the price of yearly subscriptions.

We have similar handicaps, so I would think that our paths to improvement is in the details more than the broad strokes.  Will continued tracking of our strengths and weaknesses add value or just give us data?

I tend to agree with you, even as someone who is 5-ish strokes higher. I really like Arccos, but I honestly don't know that I "need" shot-tracking or stats anymore. Now that I have been fitted for a driver and spent much of last summer (mostly) figuring the thing out, I know "approach" (irons) is my biggest weakness. My sensors are almost 3 years old, so I am grand-fathered into NOT paying a subscription. I hate the subscription model, so once these die, I will likely stop using any shot tracking. I've been a long-time user of various GPS apps on my phone, so I will likely still use Arccos for that, but put my phone in back left pocket where it belongs. Why Arccos over other apps? Mainly because I really like the adjustments for wind.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

39 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I tend to agree with you, even as someone who is 5-ish strokes higher. I really like Arccos, but I honestly don't know that I "need" shot-tracking or stats anymore. Now that I have been fitted for a driver and spent much of last summer (mostly) figuring the thing out, I know "approach" (irons) is my biggest weakness. My sensors are almost 3 years old, so I am grand-fathered into NOT paying a subscription. I hate the subscription model, so once these die, I will likely stop using any shot tracking. I've been a long-time user of various GPS apps on my phone, so I will likely still use Arccos for that, but put my phone in back left pocket where it belongs. Why Arccos over other apps? Mainly because I really like the adjustments for wind.

FYI I've seen tutorials online for disassembling the sensors and replacing the batteries, so you might not be SOL after they die if you want to avoid a subscription payment.

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

Well, I decided not to renew my subscription when the trial runs out.  While I enjoyed the information that Arccos was providing me, I found it more of a distraction to my play.  I felt the urgency to check to ensure that the strokes were right after each hole, then adding or deleting putts.  I believe that fixing ball marks then tamping them down was causing extra putts to be shown.  On one hole I 2 putted but 9 putts were recorded.

I have a Link, but found that the best accuracy was provided by using my Apple Watch with the phone in my pocket.  I always had difficulty starting the app when choosing the watch and had to just click to use the phone to get it to start the round.  With the Link, I missed the features on the watch.  Not sure why the watch didn't give all the screens when the Link was in use.

Anyway, I'll hold on to the Link and sensors for now, in case I change my mind.  Although I might consider selling the Link if anyone is interested.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I initially used Arccos a few years ago, had an issue with the app and ditched it until last summer when I got the 'free' sensors with a Ping club. I have to say, they have made HUGE improvements to the shot tracking and app stability. I'm about halfway through my initial subscription now and I'll definitely continue to use it as I believe it provides valuable data on where I'm losing shots. And it's humbling as hell! 

The only thing I've noticed is that when it tracks putts, there are times you have to verify it didn't add an additional putt before moving on to the next hole.

My only other gripe is that I wish you had more flexibility over editing the clubs you have in your bag. Not a huge deal, but certainly something I notice. 

Overall I'm happy with it, and I actually just ordered one of the P3 putter sensors to take advantage of the smaller size. 

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone gotten the new putting stats in the app yet? I upgraded to version 4.11.9 on iOS this morning (after seeing the email about new putting stats) but the app looks exactly the same.

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS