Arccos User Group

tony@CIC

5 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

You guys are missing the most important part of the new update: objective, measured data that justifies to your wife why you have to replace your three wood.

I need a new one look its costing me 3 strokes around, how could I not replace that.

• Like 6

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9°  Xcaliber Avalon 5 TS (2021 Official Review)

:callaway-small: Epic Speed 15°  Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke iM10 60g  6.0 | :callaway-small: Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70 g 6.0

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff | :mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro  5 - PW  :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i Stiff

:Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56°  KBS Tour V 110 Stiff | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: - Pro V1x | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

9 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

I need a new one look its costing me 3 strokes around, how could I not replace that.

The key is that you have to have at least one club that is a real outlier. If all your clubs are equally bad, that's no bueno. There has to be one that you can point to and say, "See, this is the one that's clearly holding my game back!"

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

:titelist-small: TS3
:callaway-small: Mavrik Sub Zero 15°, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 S
:cobra-small: F6 5-6W, 18.5°, Fujikura Motore 6.3
:callaway-small: XR Pro 20°, Project X 75 Black HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX Iron-Wood 22°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0 85g
:Sub70: 699 Pro, Modus3 105, 6–PW
:Sub70: Forged Black 50°, 54°, and 58°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0
:taylormade-small: TP5x

Full WITB with pictures

43 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

The key is that you have to have at least one club that is a real outlier. If all your clubs are equally bad, that's no bueno. There has to be one that you can point to and say, "See, this is the one that's clearly holding my game back!"

((Wife grabs phone and inspects the app))

“why the **** do you keep trying to hit your 3 wood out of the rough?!?!?”

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* Tour AD DI 6X

:ping-small: G425 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 - Tour AD 95X

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115X(-)

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52F - 58D

:ping-small: ChipR

:ping-small: PLD Milled Anser 2

:titelist-small: ProV1

11 minutes ago, jlukes said:

((Wife grabs phone and inspects the app))

“why the **** do you keep trying to hit your 3 wood out of the rough?!?!?”

Hopefully my wife doesn't dig that deep into my golf game... I can only deal with one of us questioning why I play! hahaha

She would be raising a good point though wouldn't she? 

I wonder how many of us are going to have to go... "Yeah I guess going for that flop shot is only working out 30% of the time.  Maybe I should try a bump and run more often."  Or you know... buy a new lob wedge! 

• Like 3

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

Over the last two years I’ve made significant changes to my club make-up as a result of Arccos Data.  

Most recently I replaced my 6 hybrid with a 5 iron.  Arccos data was showing that my GIR statistics with the 6 hybrid were low.

The 6 hybrid was only capable of hitting very high floaty shots.   These type of shots were highly susceptible to wind blowing them offline or coming up short.   It was the only cub in my bag where misses were predominately to the right.

The 5 iron is more versatile for me.  I can still hit it high off the tee to hold a par 3 green, but I can also hit low shots to flight it down if there is wind.  It is much better for the occasional punch shot under trees that the 6 hybrid wasn’t capable of. 

• Like 3

Ping G410 LST 10.5

Taylormade SIM Ti - 19 lofted down to 17

Tour Edge XCG7 - 21

Tour Edge C721 - 25

Corey Paul - 5-PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades

Corey Paul Functional Art 50, 54 & 58

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX

On 3/17/2022 at 12:47 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

I am hoping the new Arccos update will make it easier to take extra clubs so we can do comparisons of a hybrid vs a driving iron during the same round.

I am thinking that on certain windy days taking a driving iron shot is better than a hybrid for me, but I think Arccos SG will prove that to be true or a myth.

• Like 2

:titelist-small:  TSi 3   9.0  AV Raw White 65 Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 AV Raw White 75 Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3 21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

Haywood  5-PW iron Signature - Recoil 780 ES F4 Stiff - Bent 2 deg flat

:taylormade-small:  52 - 09 Tour Preferred EF  - KBS Tour Wedge 

Haywood   56 - 12 KBS Tour Wedge

:taylormade-small:  60 - 10 Tour Preferred - KBS Tour Wedge 

:titelist-small:  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35

:srixon-small: Z-Star XV 

image.png.1cf0013c54bf0f68066ba2034c7799d0.png

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021

Downloaded the update today which includes strokes gained by club.

Here’s a look at mine (versus 0 handicap players):

7529EDA7-5D1B-4B04-BDD5-883AF31B27CB.jpeg

A45AAAC7-8E8C-4D04-8C26-05C3CC5C39ED.jpeg

I’m surprised a bit, I expected my numbers to get worse as the clubs got longer, in the irons anyway.

There’s still not as much as I’d like to see in here, but it’s a start for Arccos.

875FD581-7126-4704-8BB2-AE96AAF7B37E.jpeg

Selecting a club reveals some club stats, but I’d love to know where I’m losing -0.4 strokes.  They have some green, red, and gray shading and text, so I think that is what it’s supposed to represent but it would be great to see like TEE, APPROACH, CHIPPING scores for each club too.  

NOT surprised by the 60* numbers much.  I tend to use it only when I have to, which tends to be riskier shots.  Still, it will get looked into.

Also checked, and it does refresh given you select a different handicap to compare yourself against on the main player page.

Here’s me against other 6 handicaps:

EDD040A6-8E3E-4374-A0C6-C4A3ABD9B5AF.jpeg
AF56DA7E-3742-4810-ACD1-E763BA15D3D6.jpeg

• Like 3

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

2039041413_Screenshot2022-03-23at2_39_25PM.png.8b2d6d2326bfc2d8e11b11f569ca01a6.png

Interesting info here. Not sure it is actionable. Here is mine compared to Tour. I will assume that there will be players with more identifiable strengths or weaknesses but not me. Basically just practice every club. 

Side note: I haven't used Arccos is 18 months however I have tracked over 20k shots so data is sizeable and not much has changed with my game. 

• Like 1

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             3 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                    ZX7 4-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 59 04 L  (KBS 610)

:scotty-cameron-1:                Special Select SquareBack 2 33"

:titelist-small:                     ProV1

Twitter                     @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

48 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

2039041413_Screenshot2022-03-23at2_39_25PM.png.8b2d6d2326bfc2d8e11b11f569ca01a6.png

Interesting info here. Not sure it is actionable. Here is mine compared to Tour. I will assume that there will be players with more identifiable strengths or weaknesses but not me. Basically just practice every club. 

Side note: I haven't used Arccos is 18 months however I have tracked over 20k shots so data is sizeable and not much has changed with my game. 

Yeah I think it shows that my equipment is generally not the problem. And it’s my overall game that needs work. 

talk about a gut punch. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Guests
Guest Sdugan

Is that update IOS? Just check and don't have that update on Samsung/Andriod.

15 hours ago, Guest Sdugan said:

Is that update IOS? Just check and don't have that update on Samsung/Andriod.

I've got Android as well, I checked a week or two ago and didn't have the new update but just logged on this morning and it's there now. Maybe check your app store to see if there's an available update? Or maybe they're rolling it out in groups somehow.

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

On 3/23/2022 at 6:35 PM, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Yeah I think it shows that my equipment is generally not the problem. And it’s my overall game that needs work. 

Before I paid attention to the actual numbers, I would have suggested throwing the 60* in a lake just because its bar is quite a bit bigger.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W: :callaway-small: RAZR Fit TourAD something or other
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x Pix
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Arccos introduced a new putter sensor.  Ordered it.  There is a current discount on for Arccos members, so I ordered two to try out.  Will report back when it arrives.  If anyone has already tried it, I would be curious to hear if its any better than the prior versions.

The older version stuck out from my putter grip, so I did end up losing it during the round when it got stuck in my bag, so hopefully this tracks putts better.

• Twist-In - P3 Putter: for use with Putter only (NEW - 42% Smaller, 21% lighter and better design for pistol grips)

https://ca.arccosgolf.com/collections/arccos-products/products/arccos-caddie-single-smart-sensor 

Edited by KC Golf
typos
  • Like 1

:titelist-small:  TSi 3   9.0  AV Raw White 65 Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 AV Raw White 75 Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3 21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

Haywood  5-PW iron Signature - Recoil 780 ES F4 Stiff - Bent 2 deg flat

:taylormade-small:  52 - 09 Tour Preferred EF  - KBS Tour Wedge 

Haywood   56 - 12 KBS Tour Wedge

:taylormade-small:  60 - 10 Tour Preferred - KBS Tour Wedge 

:titelist-small:  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35

:srixon-small: Z-Star XV 

image.png.1cf0013c54bf0f68066ba2034c7799d0.png

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021

1 hour ago, KC Golf said:

Arccos introduced a new putter sensor.  Ordered it.  There is a current discount on for Arccos members, so I ordered two to try out.  Will report back when it arrives.  If anyone has already tried it, I would be curious to hear if its any better than the prior versions.

The older version stuck out from my putter grip, so I did end up losing it during the round when it got stuck in my bag, so hopefully this tracks putts better.

• Twist-In - P3 Putter: for use with Putter only (NEW - 42% Smaller, 21% lighter and better design for pistol grips)

https://ca.arccosgolf.com/collections/arccos-products/products/arccos-caddie-single-smart-sensor 

I do remember when I was using a Scotty Cameron and the Pistolero grip that the sides of the sensor were a touch wider than the grip.  This seems like a solution to a problem lots of people have mentioned in the past!  Not a problem for me currently with the SNSR Contour grip, but I'm still looking forward to your thoughts and some photos about it.  I imagine this will end up being their standard down the road.

• Like 1

Well that didn't take long! 

image.png

The new putter sensor is included as well as the first year of membership.

• Like 3

With an increased subscription price to $156. Kind of glad I got Shot Scope.

• Like 1

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Hybrid: Maltby KE4 HDI 19°, 23° & 25° UST Recoil 660 F4

Irons: Maltby DBM Forged UST Recoil 660 F4
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S

Wedge: SCOR4161 46° and 50° 
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: MAXFLI Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Well that didn't take long! 

image.png

The new putter sensor is included as well as the first year of membership.

Is this that much of an improvement? with the increased cost i might not go back. Is the detection now better? Are the metrics better than Shotscope?

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F5 hybrid soft stepped

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1:2021 Phantom X5 35"

My Reviews:

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

Ball:    :srixon-small: Z Star XV (back up balls :titleist-small:ProV1 Left Dot,  :OnCore:Vero X1, :titelist-small: proV1)

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer lite

12 minutes ago, MattF said:

With an increased subscription price to $156. Kind of glad I got Shot Scope.

5 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Is this that much of an improvement? with the increased cost i might not go back. Is the detection now better? Are the metrics better than Shotscope?

Yeah that’s a big jump from $99. 

the bulk of my sensors are non-subscription required. Once those die out I’ll have a decision to make. It seems that arccos is a step ahead in most fronts in the app side, but shot scope gets better and better with each revision. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

but shot scope gets better and better with each revision. 

And there's an update to the dashboard coming out soon that apparently is pretty bloody good.

• Like 1

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Hybrid: Maltby KE4 HDI 19°, 23° & 25° UST Recoil 660 F4

Irons: Maltby DBM Forged UST Recoil 660 F4
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S

Wedge: SCOR4161 46° and 50° 
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: MAXFLI Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.