TESTERS WANTED! ×

Garmin User Group

GolfSpy_APH

New feature being added for our MGS Forum Community: User Groups!

This will allow users to find any and all information pertaining to the particular user group. For all your questions, concerns, answers to questions about a product come find it here in one central location. 

New Topics on missing or new products can only be added by Staff, therefore is there is a specific User Group you want to see send PM to @GolfSpy_APH

Follow the thread above to never miss a post!
Screenshot 2021-07-23 09.36.14.png

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

• 5 weeks later...

May as well kick this thread off...

I've been using an S60 watch for about 2 1/2 years, and added a full set of CT10 sensors earlier this year.

No major problems so far, apart from 'user error'.  Quite a few short chips and occasional 'tap in' putts not detected, but I gather that is a pretty universal issue with club sensors generally.

I did have a case where the watch battery went from 100% to dead over the space of a few hours, but a simple re-start fixed it.

What I think is needed are...

A 'Pin Tag' function to register the hole position.  

A way to indicate 'tap out' shots etc in the app, that ignores them for distance average calculations.

Increased 'sensitivity' for shots within say 5 or 10 yards of the green, to pick up the delicate chips.  The putter sensor does it, so why not have it 'kick in' automatcally on other clubs when close to the green?

A manual 'shot input' on the watch would be nice too, but that does sort of 'step on the toes' of the sensors a bit so I can't see that hapoening 

I use the s40 approach and I love it 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

I've been using the Vivoactive 4 for a couple years now. Works great as a golf watch alongside being my everyday watch. It would be nice to not have to download new courses from my phone beforehand though.. I guess I will have to upgrade to the Approach S62 at some point! 

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using the Vovoactive HR since it came out. Most of the time it works great, but this summer it's been having trouble transferring the course data from my phone. It'll just stop and say the transfer failed. Usually deleting the course from the app and re-downloading it will fix the issue, but it's a pain to do when you're 10 yards away from your ball on the second shot of the day... 😅

Driver: :titelist-small: 917-D2 (10.5° Stiff)

Woods: :ping-small: G410 (3), :Sub70: 949X (5)

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC (4-P), :Sub70: 699 Pro (3)

Putter: :ping-small: Sigma 2 Kushin C

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2021 at 6:56 AM, Wojtek said:

I've been using the Vovoactive HR since it came out. Most of the time it works great, but this summer it's been having trouble transferring the course data from my phone. It'll just stop and say the transfer failed. Usually deleting the course from the app and re-downloading it will fix the issue, but it's a pain to do when you're 10 yards away from your ball on the second shot of the day... 😅

I have the Fenix 5 and I will concur it works great and over a 4+ hour round of golf maybe uses 20-25% of the battery, not bad for GPS being on the entire time.  i have run in to similar issues with downloading courses and transfering data from my phone.   For me I usually need to restart my watch then for whatever reason when it connects and syncs it will get the course I need.   I can force sync as much as i want but it only works when I reset the watch. 

If i had one complaint it would be that it misses shots when I go into the golf app on my phone to review my round.  its not too big a deal as I can typically recall what I did on that particular hole and manually input it.  Granted, there are better options out there to do this (Arccos), but it one item that I think could be maybe be addressed with a software update.

Keep swinging - JC

Driver: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0811 XF (9°)

Wood(s): th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0341 XF (7w)

Irons:  :Hogan: PTxPro 4-PW

Wedges:   :Hogan: Equalizer II (56°, 60°)

Putter:  :ping-small: Zing Bronze

Ball:  image.png.5e3f3d4f8b31082a6504dff683a91313.png Tour X

On 8/21/2021 at 5:21 AM, Pandaman said:

May as well kick this thread off...

I've been using an S60 watch for about 2 1/2 years, and added a full set of CT10 sensors earlier this year.

No major problems so far, apart from 'user error'.  Quite a few short chips and occasional 'tap in' putts not detected, but I gather that is a pretty universal issue with club sensors generally.

I did have a case where the watch battery went from 100% to dead over the space of a few hours, but a simple re-start fixed it.

What I think is needed are...

A 'Pin Tag' function to register the hole position.  

A way to indicate 'tap out' shots etc in the app, that ignores them for distance average calculations.

Increased 'sensitivity' for shots within say 5 or 10 yards of the green, to pick up the delicate chips.  The putter sensor does it, so why not have it 'kick in' automatcally on other clubs when close to the green?

A manual 'shot input' on the watch would be nice too, but that does sort of 'step on the toes' of the sensors a bit so I can't see that hapoening 

Overall are you happy with CT10 sensors?   Obviously they pair nicely with your S60, but I was curious if you know anyone that uses arccos and have compared?  Been looking to get some club sensors and I bounce back and forth.

Keep swinging - JC

15 hours ago, Joel C said:

Overall are you happy with CT10 sensors?   Obviously they pair nicely with your S60, but I was curious if you know anyone that uses arccos and have compared?  Been looking to get some club sensors and I bounce back and forth.

Yes I am happy with them. They perform as I expected they would.  I don't set the pin positions etc so don't get optimum putting data, but that is my fault.

I had a single Arccos sensor that came with my Cobra driver (3 years ago now), and it just drained my phone battery far too quickly as the app needed to be running all the time.  Beyond that I have no experience of anything other than CT10, dedicated phone apps, and the Tom Tom I used before I got my S60.

I got an S62 for my birthday this year.  I never thought I would wear a watch playing golf, but I've gotten used to it.  

What I like is that I can play 4-5 rounds without recharging it.  I ran an update a couple of weeks ago, and it went smoothly.

I haven't tried the sensors yet; I'm not sure I could handle that much data.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I got an S62 for my birthday this year.  I never thought I would wear a watch playing golf, but I've gotten used to it.  

What I like is that I can play 4-5 rounds without recharging it.  I ran an update a couple of weeks ago, and it went smoothly.

I haven't tried the sensors yet; I'm not sure I could handle that much data.

The S60 is nowhere near that good on battery life, maybe good for two rounds on the same day, but I wouldn't want to rely on it.

12 hours ago, Pandaman said:

The S60 is nowhere near that good on battery life, maybe good for two rounds on the same day, but I wouldn't want to rely on it.

I thought about the S60 since it was cheaper, but the longer battery life changed my mind.  I wonder what the sensors would do to battery life??

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I thought about the S60 since it was cheaper, but the longer battery life changed my mind.  I wonder what the sensors would do to battery life??

I would say the S62 was probably a better purchase, especially if you use it as your normal watch as I do.  If you only use it for golf then (depending on price difference) probably still better, but by a lesser margin.

In my experience the sensors make no noticeable difference to watch battery life.  The sensors have their own replaceable batteries, that they claim can last upto 4 years iirc.  

• 4 weeks later...

Major Map errors on latest app update.

Has anyone else noticed problems wih the 'updated' maps on the Garmin Golf App?

On my home course 2 very large water hazards are just not showing.  They still appear on the watch display, but not on the new style shot tracker maps.  I suspect that they will be missing from the R10 maps too.

I have reported it on the 'course update' website thingy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2021 at 1:46 AM, Pandaman said:

Major Map errors on latest app update.

Has anyone else noticed problems wih the 'updated' maps on the Garmin Golf App?

On my home course 2 very large water hazards are just not showing.  They still appear on the watch display, but not on the new style shot tracker maps.  I suspect that they will be missing from the R10 maps too.

I have reported it on the 'course update' website thingy.

That is interesting...the recent experience I had was that the new map had more detail (only one course to compare so far)  I will pay closer attention on future courses bc that will be annoying.

Keep swinging - JC

7 minutes ago, Joel C said:

That is interesting...the recent experience I had was that the new map had more detail (only one course to compare so far)  I will pay closer attention on future courses bc that will be annoying.

I noticed the new graphics style that matched the images I saw on the R10 reviews and it looks nice.  But I was surprised to find two very large ponds are not showing.  It doesn't appear to be the course mapping itself that is at fault.

• 3 months later...
On 10/20/2021 at 11:01 AM, Pandaman said:

I noticed the new graphics style that matched the images I saw on the R10 reviews and it looks nice.  But I was surprised to find two very large ponds are not showing.  It doesn't appear to be the course mapping itself that is at fault.

I think i see what you see.  the new graphics style is more "video gameish" for lack of better word and the hole layouts do seem to omit some course features.  I noticed this more recently.  I wonder if it is just something that will be updated overtime? 

Keep swinging - JC

Compared to the Shotscope and Arcos forum page, Garmin is far, far distant third...😂 .   If I didn't use my Garmin watch as my everyday time keeper / activity tracker I would think if put my eggs in the wrong basket.

Keep swinging - JC

I use the fénix 6x. It’s a great watch for other activities as well like a run or a hike. I find the golf feature to be awesome. I prefer it to arccos personally because it asks me after the shot what i hit and i just input it on my wrist as I walk to my next one. The only downside compared to arccos is the strokes gained analysis. Beyond that it’s a great watch that does a lot more than just golf. The battery life is why I have it over an Apple Watch, I can usually get 5-7 days out of it depending on how often I golf or use the gps feature. 

Also to add, at my home club I see a lot more Garmin watches or rangefinder than I do users with arccos. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim 2 - 19 Hybrid Tensei Orange 90TX

Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 4-5 P7MC Raw 6-PW MMT 125TX

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 50.10F, 54.10S - X100 & 58.04T S400

Putter: Lajosi DD201

:titelist-small: Pro V1X Left Dash

On 2/21/2022 at 4:33 AM, LeftyMatt89 said:

I use the fénix 6x. It’s a great watch for other activities as well like a run or a hike. I find the golf feature to be awesome. I prefer it to arccos personally because it asks me after the shot what i hit and i just input it on my wrist as I walk to my next one. The only downside compared to arccos is the strokes gained analysis. Beyond that it’s a great watch that does a lot more than just golf. The battery life is why I have it over an Apple Watch, I can usually get 5-7 days out of it depending on how often I golf or use the gps feature. 

Also to add, at my home club I see a lot more Garmin watches or rangefinder than I do users with arccos. 

I did not realize that it had a club prompt post shot.  Must be a setting I have off, I will have to look into it.  I have been doing the hard way and going in post round and editing to get club distances, averages, etc.  Thanks for the tip!

Keep swinging - JC

On 8/21/2021 at 8:53 AM, Nolan220 said:

I use the s40 approach and I love it 

Same here.  It is very accurate as I have a Bushnell Pro XE to check it against.  The yardage it provides is good enough 95% of the time. 

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST MaxRogue ST Max 3, 5 & 7 Wooda 
Irons -      Rogue ST MAX OS  5 - AW
Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*  

Putter -    ER2
Rangefinder -  NX9 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Soft Drip

Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

41 minutes ago, DawgDaddy said:

Same here.  It is very accurate as I have a Bushnell Pro XE to check it against.  The yardage it provides is good enough 95% of the time. 

Yeah I’m usually within couple yards, I stop checking it against my range finder .. sometimes it take couple mins to load the course through the gps but just got to remember to do it once I get to the course

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

• 1 month later...

I have a Fenix 6 Pro that I use for distances & scoring which is connected to the Garmin Connect app.

A colleague at work has an S42 which, when he opens the Garmin golf app, shows as the connected watch and gives him a shot map for each hole once he has completed the round.

Is this a feature that is only on the golf-specific Garmin watches or is there a way to link my 6 to get the same info? 

:cobra-small: RADSpeed 9° Matrix Black Tie X-Flex 🐺 

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 

:mizuno-small:CLK 19° Hybrid Speeder Evo HB S 

:mizuno-small: MP54 4-PW Nippon Modus³ Tour 115 X

:titleist-small: SM8 50° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 54° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 58° K-Grind 

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

:titelist-small: AVX & -ProV1X

:footjoy-small: Tour-X 

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

1 hour ago, DStar said:

I have a Fenix 6 Pro that I use for distances & scoring which is connected to the Garmin Connect app.

A colleague at work has an S42 which, when he opens the Garmin golf app, shows as the connected watch and gives him a shot map for each hole once he has completed the round.

Is this a feature that is only on the golf-specific Garmin watches or is there a way to link my 6 to get the same info? 

I have a Fénix 6x pro too. I am able to see the shot map. You might need to download the Garmin golf app because I’m able after each shot to select what club I used and even if I don’t select a club it shows me where I hit each shot in the Garmin golf app. It’s nice because it gives me a different data point than arccos. After a round, once I sync my watch to the Garmin connect app then my activity will show up in the golf app. 

6 minutes ago, LeftyMatt89 said:

I have a Fénix 6x pro too. I am able to see the shot map. You might need to download the Garmin golf app because I’m able after each shot to select what club I used and even if I don’t select a club it shows me where I hit each shot in the Garmin golf app. It’s nice because it gives me a different data point than arccos. After a round, once I sync my watch to the Garmin connect app then my activity will show up in the golf app. 

Ah, OK I'll look at that, thanks 👍

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

3 hours ago, DStar said:

Ah, OK I'll look at that, thanks 👍

Reach back out if it doesn’t work. The Fénix is a great watch for sure. You can even input all clubs and get averages over time. 

On 4/21/2022 at 4:36 PM, LeftyMatt89 said:

Reach back out if it doesn’t work. The Fénix is a great watch for sure. You can even input all clubs and get averages over time. 

Hey Matt, reaching back....😉

Played 5 holes tonight to see if it would work. Can see the info but not the shot map. Synced with the connect app etc. 

Any ideas? 

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

7 hours ago, DStar said:

Hey Matt, reaching back....😉

Played 5 holes tonight to see if it would work. Can see the info but not the shot map. Synced with the connect app etc. 

Any ideas? 

Looking for historical or just the round? Here’s how a round vs when I select historical looks 

EE9C6C87-0B10-4C9B-A163-F83CC83DD3B9.png

3437FB8C-7825-4BFF-B4A7-D6DCC2D925ED.png

Just the last round...

I go into Connect - Golf but can't see the shot history. Can see the scorecard ok 🤔

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

Screenshot_20220427-062014_Connect.jpg.81d6436f6ced0d5a57ccb91aa09aecea.jpg217156298_Screenshot_20220427-062029_GarminGolf.jpg.bd7d89ba1021800229a6a9084c1ad0c2.jpg169516432_Screenshot_20220427-062330_GarminGolf.jpg.059eb3a0ce6cf6bd64a45133bd4a5cb1.jpg

DStar 'Malvern' Putter