Garmin User Group

GolfSpy_APH

41 minutes ago, DawgDaddy said:

Same here.  It is very accurate as I have a Bushnell Pro XE to check it against.  The yardage it provides is good enough 95% of the time. 

Yeah I’m usually within couple yards, I stop checking it against my range finder .. sometimes it take couple mins to load the course through the gps but just got to remember to do it once I get to the course

• Like 1

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

• 1 month later...

I have a Fenix 6 Pro that I use for distances & scoring which is connected to the Garmin Connect app.

A colleague at work has an S42 which, when he opens the Garmin golf app, shows as the connected watch and gives him a shot map for each hole once he has completed the round.

Is this a feature that is only on the golf-specific Garmin watches or is there a way to link my 6 to get the same info? 

:cobra-small: RADSpeed 9° Matrix Black Tie X-Flex 🐺 

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 

:mizuno-small:CLK 19° Hybrid Speeder Evo HB S 

:mizuno-small: MP54 4-PW Nippon Modus³ Tour 115 X

:titleist-small: SM8 50° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 54° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 58° K-Grind 

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 🆕

:titelist-small: AVX & -ProV1X

:footjoy-small: Tour-X 

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

1 hour ago, DStar said:

I have a Fenix 6 Pro that I use for distances & scoring which is connected to the Garmin Connect app.

A colleague at work has an S42 which, when he opens the Garmin golf app, shows as the connected watch and gives him a shot map for each hole once he has completed the round.

Is this a feature that is only on the golf-specific Garmin watches or is there a way to link my 6 to get the same info? 

I have a Fénix 6x pro too. I am able to see the shot map. You might need to download the Garmin golf app because I’m able after each shot to select what club I used and even if I don’t select a club it shows me where I hit each shot in the Garmin golf app. It’s nice because it gives me a different data point than arccos. After a round, once I sync my watch to the Garmin connect app then my activity will show up in the golf app. 

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST 9 💎💎💎 Ventus Black 6TX 

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 Accra RPZ Tour 472 M5+

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 23 Ventus Blue 10X

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex TCB 5-AW Modus 130X :titelist-small: T100 4 iron Modus 130X 

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 54.12, 60.08 Modus 125 Wedge/60.10 LAGP L Series 120 Wedge 

Putter: Lajosi DD201

:titelist-small: Pro V1 

6 minutes ago, LeftyMatt89 said:

I have a Fénix 6x pro too. I am able to see the shot map. You might need to download the Garmin golf app because I’m able after each shot to select what club I used and even if I don’t select a club it shows me where I hit each shot in the Garmin golf app. It’s nice because it gives me a different data point than arccos. After a round, once I sync my watch to the Garmin connect app then my activity will show up in the golf app. 

Ah, OK I'll look at that, thanks 👍

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 🆕

3 hours ago, DStar said:

Ah, OK I'll look at that, thanks 👍

Reach back out if it doesn’t work. The Fénix is a great watch for sure. You can even input all clubs and get averages over time. 

• Like 2

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex TCB 5-AW Modus 130X :titelist-small: T100 4 iron Modus 130X 

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 54.12, 60.08 Modus 125 Wedge/60.10 LAGP L Series 120 Wedge 

On 4/21/2022 at 4:36 PM, LeftyMatt89 said:

Reach back out if it doesn’t work. The Fénix is a great watch for sure. You can even input all clubs and get averages over time. 

Hey Matt, reaching back....😉

Played 5 holes tonight to see if it would work. Can see the info but not the shot map. Synced with the connect app etc. 

Any ideas? 

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 🆕

7 hours ago, DStar said:

Hey Matt, reaching back....😉

Played 5 holes tonight to see if it would work. Can see the info but not the shot map. Synced with the connect app etc. 

Any ideas? 

Looking for historical or just the round? Here’s how a round vs when I select historical looks 

EE9C6C87-0B10-4C9B-A163-F83CC83DD3B9.png

3437FB8C-7825-4BFF-B4A7-D6DCC2D925ED.png

Just the last round...

I go into Connect - Golf but can't see the shot history. Can see the scorecard ok 🤔

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 🆕

Screenshot_20220427-062014_Connect.jpg.81d6436f6ced0d5a57ccb91aa09aecea.jpg217156298_Screenshot_20220427-062029_GarminGolf.jpg.bd7d89ba1021800229a6a9084c1ad0c2.jpg169516432_Screenshot_20220427-062330_GarminGolf.jpg.059eb3a0ce6cf6bd64a45133bd4a5cb1.jpg

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 🆕

I found that the hole by hole map display won't show up until you plug the watch in the the computer and sync. Garmin Express does it fine.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DStar said:

Screenshot_20220427-062014_Connect.jpg.81d6436f6ced0d5a57ccb91aa09aecea.jpg217156298_Screenshot_20220427-062029_GarminGolf.jpg.bd7d89ba1021800229a6a9084c1ad0c2.jpg169516432_Screenshot_20220427-062330_GarminGolf.jpg.059eb3a0ce6cf6bd64a45133bd4a5cb1.jpg

5 hours ago, Pandaman said:

I found that the hole by hole map display won't show up until you plug the watch in the the computer and sync. Garmin Express does it fine.

Panda is right. See from Garmin 

Try syncing with Garmin Express on your computer. After trying the sync with Garmin Express, if you still do not see those prior rounds of golf on your online Garmin Connect account or within the Golf APP, please contact your regional Garmin Product Support

• Like 1

Bought the Garmin club sensors a couple weeks ago because they are compatible with my everyday Garmin watch. Have used Arccos (started on 2018 and went back in 2020-2021, worked reasonably well), Game Golf Pro (didn't work at all), and Shot Scope v2 (worked pretty well but hated the watch). 

Played nine holes last night and... They're awesome so far. Zero missed shots, easy to add putts, scoring was immediately accurate. 

I'm guessing I'm going to lose some of the stats from Arccos. I also haven't played around with hole locations or anything. But if it continues to be this easy, I will not be going back. 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 8* (adjusted to 8.75*), Mitsubishi Diamana ZF 70 X Flex

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM, 15* (adjusted to 15.75*), Shaft is a 50/50 split between Accra FX 2.0 300F M5 Flex and Paderson Kinetixx Ballistic TP 85 X Flex

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-PW with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges: :mizuno-small:T-20 Blue Ion 50.07, :Miura: K-Grind 2.0 Black 56* and Chrome 60* w/Accra SPI Tour

Putter: Total headcase, so it depends on the day. Rotate between :EVNROLL: ER11V ("Murdered Out" Black edition),  :mizuno-small: M Craft Type II Blue Ion and a Toulon Madison 

15 hours ago, LeftyMatt89 said:

Panda is right. See from Garmin 

Try syncing with Garmin Express on your computer. After trying the sync with Garmin Express, if you still do not see those prior rounds of golf on your online Garmin Connect account or within the Golf APP, please contact your regional Garmin Product Support

I did find that when I first got the watch it would give the hole views after the round if I synced with the phone when a WiFi connection was available.  Then after one of the updates it stopped doing it, and I had plug in to my computer.

Upgraded from the (old old) Vivoactive HR to the original Venu this winter. Had no idea it would start keeping track of where my strokes were. Coming from not having any stroke info recorded to actual locations was awesome. Had almost considered getting the sensors as well, but that was before I knew my watch would do this. Still have to enter which club, but kind of a nice reflection on my round so I can get mad all over again at my poor swings... 😛

Driver: :titelist-small: 917-D2 (10.5° Stiff)

Woods: :ping-small: G410 (3), :taylormade-small: Burner SF 3.0 (5)

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC (4-P), :Sub70: 699 Pro (3)

Putter: :ping-small: Sigma 2 Kushin C

• 2 weeks later...

I recently upgraded to an S62 (from an S60).  I'm very happy with it, but the shot detection on the S62 seems less sensitive than the S60.

I did try the CT10s with the S60 for a while, but I don't recall it ever failing to detect a drive before I got them, yet I have had several with the 'raw' S62 since I got it  about a month ago.

Has anyone else noticed this?  Or is it just my 'ultra smooth' (pffftt🤣) drives not triggering it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got the s62 and used it the past couple years.  Love it.  But since I updated through garmin express I cannot view the holes properly on my phone (galaxy fold 3).  The top and bottom are missing.  You cannot pinch to make smaller or bigger.  Anyone know how to fix this issue?  Maybe I'm dumber than usual lol.

It works just fine on PC.

image.jpeg.e5ffe259db5f5ce009fa3f65257cf47a.jpeg

:callaway-small: Epic LS

:cleveland: Launcher HB 3W

:taylormade: P-790 2 Iron

:cleveland: CBX Irons 4-PW

:cleveland: CBX 50 degree

:cleveland: CBX 54 degree

:cleveland: CBX2 58 degree

:ping-small: Ketsch

@Shifty This is in the Garmin Golf app, correct? I just checked one of my recent rounds and didn't have any issue seeing the entire hold (App Version 2.6.1). I'm wondering if it's a bug on Garmin's side and they don't gracefully handle the aspect ratio of that phone? I'm completely guessing with this, but it could be worth throwing a post on the Garmin forums in case they aren't aware. Obnoxious regardless of what the issue is though.

• Like 2

Driver: :titelist-small: 917-D2 (10.5° Stiff)

Woods: :ping-small: G410 (3), :taylormade-small: Burner SF 3.0 (5)

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC (4-P), :Sub70: 699 Pro (3)

Putter: :ping-small: Sigma 2 Kushin C

14 minutes ago, Wojtek said:

@Shifty This is in the Garmin Golf app, correct? I just checked one of my recent rounds and didn't have any issue seeing the entire hold (App Version 2.6.1). I'm wondering if it's a bug on Garmin's side and they don't gracefully handle the aspect ratio of that phone? I'm completely guessing with this, but it could be worth throwing a post on the Garmin forums in case they aren't aware. Obnoxious regardless of what the issue is though.

I would agree with @Wojtek, it is very possible the app does not know how to handle galaxy fold for screen aspect.   I had the same issue (screen cutting off top and bottom) when I got the iPhone 13 mini recently, but with a different app.  I had to wait two updates until the app would display correctly on my phone.   It is extremely frustrating.  

• Like 1

Keep swinging - JC

Driver: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0811 XF (9°)

Wood(s): th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0341 XF (7w)

Irons:  :Hogan: PTxPro 4-PW

Wedges:   :Hogan: Equalizer II (56°, 60°)

Putter:  :ping-small: Zing Bronze

Ball:  image.png.5e3f3d4f8b31082a6504dff683a91313.png Tour X

56 minutes ago, Wojtek said:

yes sir.  Switched the aspect ratio of the app in samsung labs, and it solved the issue.

Thanks.

• Like 2

:callaway-small: Epic LS

:cleveland: Launcher HB 3W

:taylormade: P-790 2 Iron

:cleveland: CBX Irons 4-PW

:cleveland: CBX 50 degree

:cleveland: CBX 54 degree

:cleveland: CBX2 58 degree

:ping-small: Ketsch

So i have a chance to get a S60 at a good price. Was on the fence on if I should go with that or Shotscope V3. I am leaning S60 since I heard it can sense when you hit a shot and then tell you your distance. Is that true?

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F5 hybrid soft stepped

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1:2021 Phantom X5 35"

My Reviews:

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

Ball:    :srixon-small: Z Star XV (back up balls :titleist-small:ProV1 Left Dot,  :OnCore:Vero X1, :titelist-small: proV1)

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer lite

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.