Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

New member, new bag

Hi everyone! Recent lurker and new member. Quick intro - I’m 73 and just coming back to the game again after left hip replacement last year.  Have played off and on since 12 with some serious stretches playing everyday or so!. Recently got fitted with G400 SFT, 3 wood and TM SIM2 MAX hybrid and irons. Big challenge is to get my swing speed up from 83. Thinking I have taken club tech as far as it will go and need to focus on speed training. 

Driver :ping-small: G400 SFT 9

3 Wood :ping-small: G400

4 Hybrid :taylormade-small: SIM2 MAX

Irons :taylormade-small: SIM2 MAX 5-AW

Wedges :vokey-small: 254/10, 260/12

Putter :ping-small: Anser 2 Cadence

Ball :taylormade-small:Tour Response

Bag Stitch SL2, :Arccos:

Welcome to the forom and back to golf.

Tommy Armour TA -1 driver

Adams 2 hy

Adams 3 hy

Tommy Armour 4hy

Adams 5 hy

STi-2 irons 6-GW

Acer 52 & 54 wedges

Pinemeadow SS 400 putter

Nice looking setup, welcome to MGS.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Welcome back to the game!!!  Enjoy it and welcome. 

Driver:  TM SIM2 Max

Woods:  3/5 TM SIM2 Max

Hybrid:  22 PXG

Irons:  5-PW 0311XF PXG

Wedges: 50/54/58 Vokey SM8 Black 

Putter:  Custom SC 009 35/330g

On 7/23/2021 at 8:56 AM, Badbobbyb said:

Hi everyone! Recent lurker and new member. Quick intro - I’m 73 and just coming back to the game again after left hip replacement last year.  Have played off and on since 12 with some serious stretches playing everyday or so!. Recently got fitted with G400 SFT, 3 wood and TM SIM2 MAX hybrid and irons. Big challenge is to get my swing speed up from 83. Thinking I have taken club tech as far as it will go and need to focus on speed training. 

Welcome to MGS and welcome back to golf---- I am younger than you by 9 years but have just came back from a bad back injury. As part of my rehab I was doing some speed training. I have gotten back pretty strong and have picked up distance but my iron play suffered. Did some serious practice this week and discovered I was pulling the club back further and getting off balance at the top. I have always had a balance issue but could manulipate myself to play decent. Now days it is a double edged sword for me. My lower body due to nerve damage does not move like it used to. I always had upper body strength but it increased during my injury because I had to pull myself up with my arms for about 10 months. But remember in speed training do not get off balance. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Welcome aboard and back to golf! 

:cobra-small: RADSpeed 9° Matrix Black Tie X-Flex 🐺 

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 

:mizuno-small:CLK 19° Hybrid Speeder Evo HB S 

:mizuno-small: MP54 4-PW Nippon Modus³ Tour 115 X

:titleist-small: SM8 50° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 54° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 58° K-Grind 

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

:titelist-small: AVX & -ProV1X

:footjoy-small: Tour-X 

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

Welcome to MGS! I am always glad to see someone come back into the fold. This is the greatest sport in the world, and I love to see people get into it, both young and slightly not as young like yourself. I can only hope to be able to still golf at 72! I hit my 20s pretty hard, so I am sure I’ll be paying for that down the road! Hahaha!

Go Blue! Hail to the victors!