TESTERS WANTED! ×

Don’t Be That Guy

Golfspy_CG2

• Golfspy_CG2 changed the title to Don’t Be That Guy

SMH all I got for that 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Just wow.  My tolerance for stupid keeps getting less and less everyday!  Karma is a bi&@$ and they will hopefully find that out soon. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Ugh. Totally out of line.  Those guys are lucky she took it that well because she’d have a good case against them if she wanted to go down the legal road. 

at a minimum I’d have a hard time inviting them back to my club, even with a loaded tournament. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

The only pushback you get from me is singling out the seniors for being creepy.    Being in the same age group doesn't make it any better.  It's just plain wrong, regardless.  Just don't do it!  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Creepy old guys, no surprise see it here.  
These girls don’t need abuse of any type from anyone.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

My cousin I play with gets a little creepy with cart girls and someone are in high school and I called him out on it .. I was like relax you Creep .. he was like when your my age and been married as long as I have blah blah blah … I was like yeah your still a creep

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

4 minutes ago, Nolan220 said:

My cousin I play with gets a little creepy with cart girls and someone are in high school and I called him out on it .. I was like relax you Creep .. he was like when your my age and been married as long as I have blah blah blah … I was like yeah your still a creep

Yup, a Creep.

Rick

Left Hand, 

3 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Yup, a Creep.

Big creep .. I stopped playing with him 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I might catch some pushback here for being a party Kill. 

But I was talking to one of our young beverage cart drivers today.   Shes 22 the nicest and sweetest young woman you can meet.  Snd yes she is an attractive blonde.  But doesn’t flaunt her looks in the way she dresses or acts. 

As I usually do I asked her how the group was she worked   It was a 128 person fundraiser for a boating club.   She kind rolled her eyes and said.  It was Ok   At first I thought maybe low tips as it’s is a bunch of guys who when they come into the bar are notoriously (frugal).  
I said, oh poor tippers huh?   She said well that was expected.  I then asked   Did they behave themselves at least.  She said it depends on what you mean behave and laughed.   By now I was a bit worried   I said   Nobody put there hands on you or anything did they.    She said, well yeah, just a few creepy hugs that they Insisted on and lingered a bit too long. 
I apologized and said I would speak to the leader of the group.  She said, well yeah thats who it was.   But don’t worry. I know it comes with the territory.   But the comments were getting tiresome and by the end of the day more over the line.

One example she gave me was a guy—-in his 70’s or so, holding out a hand of dollar bills and said, you get one of these for each button that comes undone 🤦

I’m thinking.  Really grandpa a whole dollar.  What do you think this is Senior Day at the strip Club. 

She said there were more of those and guys taking pictures as she was getting drinks out of the cart (bending over) 

I mean really guys. I get it. I certainly don’t mind being waited on by a pretty woman with a nice personality.   But never take it beyond just being friendly and classy to her and most of all thanking her for being out there with some drinks.

Can’t these #**%^+ realize they probably have granddaughters like her.   Shes just trying to do her job make a little money before she goes back to school. 

I know younger guys in their 20’s can be out of line aswell.  But at least they are the same age and the creepiness factor isn’t as high.

So just don’t be that guy!  Please! 

Could not agree more. 💯 don’t be that guy.

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Knowing these young girls are maybe 18 or 19, I get sick to my stomach. My older daughter is 13, and her being 18-19 isn't far off. I can't imagine being gross to someone so young who is just trying to do her job. 

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: image.png.2a9745c9eca1e1dcd4c3ecfd5b2823e3.png Epic speed 9 degree

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: OG Rossie

image.png

1 minute ago, JeremyD said:

Knowing these young girls are maybe 18 or 19, I get sick to my stomach. My older daughter is 13, and her being 18-19 isn't far off. I can't imagine being gross to someone so young who is just trying to do her job. 

Yup, just talked to 2 of our Gdaughters 19 & 16.  We have a third Gdaughter 17.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

I don't know if it's just a guy trying to show his buddies he's cool, or if he thinks he is gonna get lucky with a young lady trying  to make some money for college. But they are just inappropriate jerks no matter what the their age is. There is no reason for this. Be respectful, thank her, and tip her. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

3 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

But I was talking to one of our young beverage cart drivers today.   Shes 22 the nicest and sweetest young woman you can meet.  Snd yes she is an attractive blonde.  But doesn’t flaunt her looks in the way she dresses or acts. 

As I usually do I asked her how the group was she worked   It was a 128 person fundraiser for a boating club.   She kind rolled her eyes and said.  It was Ok   At first I thought maybe low tips as it’s is a bunch of guys who when they come into the bar are notoriously (frugal).  
I said, oh poor tippers huh?   She said well that was expected.  I then asked   Did they behave themselves at least.  She said it depends on what you mean behave and laughed.   By now I was a bit worried   I said   Nobody put there hands on you or anything did they.    She said, well yeah, just a few creepy hugs that they Insisted on and lingered a bit too long. 
I apologized and said I would speak to the leader of the group.  She said, well yeah thats who it was.   But don’t worry. I know it comes with the territory.   But the comments were getting tiresome and by the end of the day more over the line.

One example she gave me was a guy—-in his 70’s or so, holding out a hand of dollar bills and said, you get one of these for each button that comes undone 🤦

I’m thinking.  Really grandpa a whole dollar.  What do you think this is Senior Day at the strip Club. 

She said there were more of those and guys taking pictures as she was getting drinks out of the cart (bending over) 

I mean really guys. I get it. I certainly don’t mind being waited on by a pretty woman with a nice personality.   But never take it beyond just being friendly and classy to her and most of all thanking her for being out there with some drinks.

Can’t these #**%^+ realize they probably have granddaughters like her.   Shes just trying to do her job make a little money before she goes back to school. 

I know younger guys in their 20’s can be out of line aswell.  But at least they are the same age and the creepiness factor isn’t as high.

Some guys can ruin it for the rest of us who actually respect women and its no wonder why so many women think that all men are creepy jerks.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Definitely agree with all the sentiment here. I too have called out a couple of my buddies in the past when I felt they were over the line.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

55 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Yup, just talked to 2 of our Gdaughters 19 & 16.  We have a third Gdaughter 17.  

My oldest daughter just turned 15.  Luckily, I look like I want to fight all the time apparently. 😂  As soon as someone gives a look in her direction I just look back at them… they walk away.

I refuse to put up with any of that BS.  

People take advantage of the fact that they're working and are probably a lot less likely to call them out than someone in the general public. Makes it even more inappropriate, if that's even possible. I don't care if the cart girl is 17 or 35, or if the guy is 75 or 20. Just be a good person, the bar really isn't that high on this one

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

4 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

It used to be harmless before the modern day wonder drug !  Now we have these senior citizen want to be Don Juan.  Not thinking that harm might come one's way, when bending the way of the Nature meant it to be.  They must have been deprived when they were younger !

Sorry, it is just comical when people don't behave like their age group.  Acting silly/stupid does not give one's youth back.   

1 hour ago, Chip Strokes said:

i swear, a little money in their pockets and these guys think they can say anything they want to women

Look at all the good examples we have in recent days from the rich and powerful.  Once they have more zeros behind a number shown on their back account.... they thought they are Gods.  How fast will they falling down to the dust from the high and mighty.

13 hours ago, B.Boston said:

t a minimum I’d have a hard time inviting them back to my club, even with a loaded tournament. 

Someone should have a little private talk with the Don Juan.  I wonder why people behave differently than at their office or at home ?  Would it be okay to hit on a guest at their house party, in front of their friends and family ?   Maybe that's the word, their family was not present.  There was no consequences for their behavior.  

We will be "guests" to the golf courses whether we're equity members or a daily fee player.  Don't abuse the privilege .

Edited by release

Absolute garbage. I've thankfully never had to deal with any of that from my playing partners, but I have twice at the gym had words with men in their 50's/60's about their eyes and my then teenaged daughter. Disgusting. 

I don't care what your age is. Be respectful and don't be a d-bag. Is that so difficult?

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

Absolute garbage. I've thankfully never had to deal with any of that from my playing partners, but I have twice at the gym had words with men in their 50's/60's about their eyes and my then teenaged daughter. Disgusting. 

I don't care what your age is. Be respectful and don't be a d-bag. Is that so difficult?

Yup!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

Fully understood how you feel as I'm a parent.  However, there is no way to stop someone from "eyeing"  ?  It's a built in magnesium for human to extend our existence.   Every healthy male have "eyeballs" attractive opposite sex no matter of their age group.  Being older or younger has nothing to do with this behavior.  Unless one walks around the gym with blindfolds, one couldn't help to look at the scenery, right ?  As long as one is not staring with eyeballs popping out of their sockets !  

It is totally different between "eyeballing" and the actual inappropriate  language/action taken.  

14 minutes ago, release said:

Fully understood how you feel as I'm a parent.  However, there is no way to stop someone from "eyeing"  ?  It's a built in magnesium for human to extend our existence.   Every healthy male have "eyeballs" attractive opposite sex no matter of their age group.  Being older or younger has nothing to do with this behavior.  Unless one walks around the gym with blindfolds, one couldn't help to look at the scenery, right ?  As long as one is not staring with eyeballs popping out of their sockets !  

It is totally different between "eyeballing" and the actual inappropriate  language/action taken.  

His daughters are teenagers!!! There’s no acceptable amount of “eyeballing” in any shape or form that is acceptable in any way.  The fact that you think that is just being a guy is out of line.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

14 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Just just appalling. I would uninvite that group to all future events. And as to Mr. Dollar Bill Guy - escort him off the property - regardless of where his's at in the game. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart