TESTERS WANTED! ×

C721 Tour Edge Driver

NC Golfer

Am I the only golfer struggling to hit the C721 Tour Edge driver? It seems like every online review is positive. I am slicing it and finding the larger head difficult to control. I want to like it, it looks good. It's just not cooperating at the moment. Currently using the Red Ventus Regular shaft. Anyone experience this but eventually dialied it in?

Edited by NC Golfer

I've been considering the C721 driver and play a few other Tour Edge clubs that are as good or better than major brands for me. I've watched a few good reviews on youtube. Anyway, sometimes certain clubs just won't work for us no matter how hard we try.  I'll buy a different shaft just to make sure that's not the problem.  I usually go the inexpensive route like Diamond Tour golf where I've bought several cheaper shafts just to see if that's the problem...God luck!

Sometimes it’s the weight of the shaft. After having my neck fusion, I can only swing lite shafts now. The shaft you have now is made to get the ball in the air .

High launching 

you might need a lower trajectory shaft to.

Ping G 400 Max 10.5   
willwood irons 4 to pitching wedge Edisonwedges 49 53 57

taylormade big toe 60

Toulon design Las Vegas 

•  

27 minutes ago, Kocher Clamp said:

Sometimes it’s the weight of the shaft. After having my neck fusion, I can only swing lite shafts now. The shaft you have now is made to get the ball in the air .

High launching 

you might need a lower trajectory shaft to.

Good suggestions, I have a bad back and swing slow, which doesn't help and a sr golfer. I did try an air speeder r shaft first and that was flexing way too much.

Edited by NC Golfer

On 7/23/2021 at 8:27 PM, NC Golfer said:

Am I the only golfer struggling to hit the C721 Tour Edge driver? It seems like every online review is positive. I am slicing it and finding the larger head difficult to control. I want to like it, it looks good. It's just not cooperating at the moment. Currently using the Red Ventus Regular shaft. Anyone experience this but eventually dialied it in?

I have found that the C721 driver seems to work much better for a vast majority of the golfers that I have fit for this driver with either the PX HZRDUS Smoke RDX shafts (particularly the Smoke Blue RDX) than with the “made-for” Ventus Red 4T Core (NOT Velocore) shaft that is most commonly offered in this driver.  I tried the C721 driver, first with the Ventus Red 6S and then with the HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue 5.5 and 6.0 shafts.  It worked better for me with the 6.0 version of this shaft, but when I installed a “real deal” Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S with Velocore in the C721 head, it really came to life!  I also adjusted the loft from the stock 9.5* setting to the +1 setting and this combination has been absolutely golden for me …. more distance, and a much tighter dispersion, with about 66% to 70% fairways hit since making this change a few weeks ago.

It may not be the clubhead that you are having issues with, but the shaft in it.  For you, the HZRDUS Smoke shafts would probably be a disaster, but maybe a Ventus Red 5A shaft would do the trick.

Edited by funkyjudge

DR - Callaway Paradym X, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - T.E. Exotics C722, Diamana D+ 82-S

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Callaway Epic Flash, ACCRA Tour X 80S

Irons - Cobra Forged Tec X (5-GW), KBS TGI 75-R

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - Makefield VS custom, 34", 67* lie, 1.75* loft

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus (OnCore ELIXR or Maxfli Tour S in winter)

Bags - Vessel

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

On 7/23/2021 at 7:27 PM, NC Golfer said:

Have you tried the https://truegolffit.com/ ?  It uses MGS data and fits you based on your specs and millions of data points for $9.  It put me into a Hogan GS53 Max.  I was surprised at the recommendation and I bought it.... and then I hit it.  OMG.   Anyway  nice to have a tool that will crunch the data for you.  Good luck

2-PW 1997 TM Burner Tour Blades
TM Burner Wedges 55,60
My distances are still buttery and spot on.

More Hogan additions coming
Hogan GS53 Max - Thank you www.TrueGolfFit.com

On 7/26/2021 at 8:19 PM, TheFonzzz said:

Keep your weight on your back foot, right foot if your a righty and pivot around keeping your wait back and never slide any driver….

Makes sense, hit up on it. Do you just swing or use a lower body move on the downswing, while staying back?