TESTERS WANTED! ×

New from Bestgrips.com

sarg1948

• 3 weeks later...

New perforated grips from Best Grips

The putter grip is our facebook giveaway this week. We are looking for testers for the clubgrip on facebook.

I'd love to test the putter grip. It looks like my style.

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Harry for sending me some perforated club grips for review.

I will do my best to have one posted before Christmas as I'm currently transitioning from my current job to a new one that starts in Jan.

• 2 weeks later...

Harry Sewill of www.bestgrips.com was nice enough to send me some of the prototype perforated club grips to test.

One style is already pictured above in post #3:

post-4235-017364000%201322598115.jpg

Another is similar in color, but with the perforations more widely spaced.

A third also has wider-spaced perforations and with the pebble grain design of the Gridiron grip:

gridiron_club_grip_genuine_leather_grips.JPG

Regarding looks, these are understated but nevertheless distinctive in that they look nothing like stock OEM club grips (thankfully!). One aspect contributing to this is the baseball-style lacing to aid the golfer in proper hand placement. The perforated Gridiron stands out for obvious reasons, and a golfer may gravitate towards this model first just out of sheer curiosity. I personally liked the unique pebble design of the Gridiron and favored this over the other grips when it came to looks.

Functionally speaking, why create a perforated grip when the Best Grips leather is already moisture activated to increase tack? Consider this: other sports such as tennis use perforations in grips as a means to more quickly absorb moisture. Admittedly, I've been testing the prototypes in December during a colder and dryer than normal winter season in northern California, so sweat and precipitation have not been an issue. I can say that Best Grips typically come with a good amount of tack - but not overly so - that pretty much eliminates the need for a glove.

For feel, I ultimately thought that the grip with the narrowly spaced perforations was best for me. I can't pinpoint if it was because of some combination of the leather and underlast, and perhaps Harry can better expand on this. Regardless, this model gave me the best sensation of cushioning and fullness during pre-shot and set-up routines and shock absorption during the ball strike. I can see how a better player may prefer the feel of the other prototypes if he/she wants greater vibration feedback to judge the quality of the ball strike. In addition, I think Best Grips has done a good job with the lacing over the years in making the thread feel softer and not so noticeable while holding the club. These prototypes definitely continue this trend.

Overall, Harry has another potential winner here, and it will be interesting to see what further tweaks he makes to the perforated grips by the time they come to market.

Archived