TESTERS WANTED! ×

Antiqua Apparel

SPY ZINGER

This past fall, I added some of the Antigua Golf collection into the apparel rotation. I've seen some professionals on both the PGA and LPGA tour sporting the shirts and wanted to give them a look. I took the time to write this because I believe I have found what a lot of guys continue to be searching for; the perfect golf shirt.

Two shirts from their collection really stood out to me in hand and quickly earned my loyalty once I put them into play. People often post reviews and photos of exotic equipment combinations that earn a lot of praise. Although helpful, its rare that one of us will actually put an identical club into our bags because of the cost of experimentation. In contrast, a golf shirt is nowhere near the financial risk, which prompted me to detail my experience with Antigua. I hope this will help in your selection of apparel.

The first shirt is the Stature (http://www.antigua.com/brandwear/ANT/Style/100431.aspx). This, in my opinion, is the perfect golf shirt and the best I have worn to date, without question. The most important aspect that drove this opinion was the fit of the shirt. It fits how I expect a shirt to fit in my normal size. The length and width of the shirt from front to back fit me perfect. It was not baggy, fit true to size, yet was not form fitting or snug in any aspect of the fit. The sleeve length rode just above the elbow and exactly where I would put the clearance if I were constructing the shirt myself. The weight and texture of the Stature were how I want a shirt to feel on. Although it is a performance fabric, it is incredibly soft to the touch. Some really nice color offerings in this model as well. Guys, you have to give this shirt an opportunity, I promise you will buy a second.

Another one of my favorites from Antiqua was the Trace (http://www.antigua.com/brandwear/ANT/Style/100433.aspx). It has a lot of the same qualities as the Stature, but felt a little lighter in weight and texture. Both the Stature and the Trace feature the “Desert Dry” moisture management system that does what it's supposed to in wicking moisture away from the body, bringing it to the surface, then drying.

The shorts were also very well done, just like the shirt offerings. Very light weight, yet durable feel, and perfect length. One of my favorite aspect of the shorts was the scorecard/yardage book pocket that was separate and distinct from the back pocket itself. Great three pocket set-up for guys that walk and keep their scorecard/yardage book in their rear pocket.

I have included some photos below. I was left pleasantly surprised and more than happy with my selections from Antigua.

IMG_1549.jpg

IMG_1548.jpg

IMG_1544.jpg

IMG_1543.jpg

IMG_1542.jpg

IMG_1541.jpg

IMG_1540.jpg

IMG_1539.jpg

IMG_1538.jpg

IMG_1536.jpg

IMG_1533.jpg

IMG_1533.jpg

IMG_1531.jpg

IMG_1530.jpg

IMG_1528.jpg

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wearing Antigua's Marquee Knit sweater, it's my go-to on chilly not quite cold days, it's extremely well constructed, I've worn it and washed it over and over, and it lives up to what their brand represents.

For "typical" golf wear, ie: shirts and shorts, it's tough to stand out, and I don't know if they do it as much on that side of things.

I'm bucking the crowd, but I've never been impressed with Antigua. It's basically been a mid-value product that looked nice new, but failed in performance and durability.

My opinion has now changed a bit.

I was given a shirt at a tournament recently. It feels nice and has more breathability than in the past.

There new stuff stacks up against anything.

Posted Image

Archived