Sirchunk's Swing Quest

Keep practicing my friend and go dig it out of the dirt. Stay positive and you will see positive results. 👍⛳🏌️♂️

• Like 3

Mizuno Pro Model - E. Tour AD VR

Callaway XR 3W 15* 565 Speeder 

Ping G30 5W 18* 757 Speeder

Hogan Apex 99 blades 4-E, KBS Tour CT Limited

Hogan VKTR 21* hybrid 
Hogan EQ wedges. 50*, 56*. 
Hogan Bettinardi BHB5*SS
Snell MTBX

Good luck. I would get a set of 6 lessons first, better to start with good habits rather than to unlearn everything developed over the next few months. Just saying.

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5,7 regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in 7 wood)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 

Irons: Callaway Steelhead 7,9,PW (gapping distances require both a 7 hybrid and 7 iron, choke on the 7 for 8 iron distance or hook the 9 iron)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)

On 7/25/2021 at 7:48 PM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I'm about 2 1/2 hours away from you. If you ever want to head up and spend a day working on your game let me know.  I'm here for you. I have access to a private course. Range, short game practice areas, and of course the golf course itself. Not to mention all the crap I have at home and the simulator.  We can put an 8 hour day in with breaks and lunch and get you off to a good start on your journey. 

You can’t buy this type help, 

cheers Tom!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 5-AW

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (second best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

4 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

cheers Tom!

Thanks, I think we all are willing to help a fellow golfer break through if we had the means. I was glad Jason was able to come up for the day. He did get a lot accomplished. My Pro was nice enough to give him a free lesson as well. Now that Jason has a good start it's up to him to put in the work. We know he is! That's what this thread is all about. I think he will surprise us soon in the "How did you play"

You can watch video's, read books, go through the golf magazines and try to mimic what you see but having a professional teacher watching you and tweaking you is invaluable. They can see something and fix you in minutes.  

• Like 4

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi1 10* Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: 939x 5 hybrid

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (6 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

6 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

cheers Tom!

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Thanks, I think we all are willing to help a fellow golfer break through if we had the means. I was glad Jason was able to come up for the day. He did get a lot accomplished. My Pro was nice enough to give him a free lesson as well. Now that Jason has a good start it's up to him to put in the work. We know he is! That's what this thread is all about. I think he will surprise us soon in the "How did you play"

You can watch video's, read books, go through the golf magazines and try to mimic what you see but having a professional teacher watching you and tweaking you is invaluable. They can see something and fix you in minutes.  

Honestly, I don't think I can describe well enough how valuable and thankful I am that I was able to get out for the golf learning day with @Tom the Golf Nut. Between the lesson, the round, and the chipping academy, it did more for my golf game than anything I can think of.

You know what was the most valuable? Actually, now that I think about it, I'm going with two things. 

1. Spending the day with someone who is just an all around great person. The conversation, fellowship, and ability to observe someone who can dissect a course was amazing! 

2. The most important thing I got from Bob was confidence. Having him state that my swing was fundamentally good did loads for my psyche. I've spent a lot of time this year feeling completely like I have no business playing this game and that was a boost I needed and a great motivator. 

The work is coming along nicely and I know it's going to take a lot of it to get to where I want to be, but it'll be worth it. 

• Like 4

I remember well before you starting this thread that I told you and @cksurfdude how hard I was rooting for both of you to get where you want to be with your golf games. You’re both two very likable people, who obviously love golf. You both deserve it.

This cite is truly a special place, so many great guys here who are willing to give both advice and encouragement. @Tom the Golf Nut, you’re one of those special people here. You went above and beyond to help someone here, that says all I need to know about you.👍
We’ve all been where you are at some point Jason, this is a hard game for most of us. I had plenty of struggles with my game earlier this year, so believe me, I know the feeling. 🙄

Keep up the good work, and just like so many others I’ll be following along, pulling for you. You got this!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Driver:         :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5* 

Fairway:      :taylormade-small: 2016 M2 16.5*

Hybrid:      :PXG: Gen5 0311 18*

:titleist-small:  TSi2 21* & 24*

Irons:          :PXG: Gen3 0311 XP 6-GW

Wedges:     :cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58* 

Putter:         :cameron-small:  Phantom X 5.5 33.5” 

:yes-small: Tracy 33.5”

:OnCore: Elixir Yellow 

:1590477705_SunMountain:  2.5+ 14 way Black