Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

NPG Episode 89: The Biggest Golf Ball Test Yet

Duration: 00:43:30

The 2021 MyGolfSpy Ball Test has concluded, and its the biggest test we've done yet with over 5000 shots hit and 37 models tested. Today we share our preliminary findings and what surprised us the most. Let's get it!

---------------------------------------------

Welcome to MyGolfSpy!

Over 15 million golfers a year turn to MyGolfSpy to get unbiased, tested reviews and recommendations for the best golf gear to help you improve your game.

Golfers like you turn to us because we're independent and unbiased. And, over the years, we've created the #1 resource for golfers who put cold, hard data above marketing hype.

#MYGOLFSPY #CONSUMERFIRST

Check out MyGolfSpy today! www.mygolfspy.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Used by over 15 million forward-thinking golfers!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Subscribe to MYGOLFSPY on YouTube: bit.ly/MGSyoutube
OUR MISSION: mygolfspy.com/our-mission/

---------------------------------------------
Check out MyGolfSpy's other channels!
--------------------------------------------

🏴REVIEWS: http://bit.ly/MGSreviews
🏴BUYERS GUIDES: https://mygolfspy.com/category/golf-buyers-guides/
🏴NEW RELEASES: http://bit.ly/MGSnewgear
🏴PODCAST: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/no-putts-given/id1356729135
🏴DRIVER FITTING TOOL: https://truegolffit.com/

------------------------------------
MYGOLFSPY on Social Media
------------------------------------

🏴Twitter: https://twitter.com/MyGolfSpy
🏴Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mygolfspycom/
🏴Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mygolfspy/

Listen Here

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Would have loved if they tested more than one range ball.  There are lots of ranges (including mine) that use limited distance range balls.  Would love to see how they performed.

The range ball thing is even more important as consumer grade launch monitors become more popular.  What is the use of having your own launch monitor to bring to the range if you are hitting balls that don't perform like real golf balls?

As boring as it was watching a robot hit these balls, i did watch multiple days......hoping to hear someone yell "Holy crap, that Prov1 just flew 75 yards left"!!.....but that didnt happen and we know a titleist ball wouldnt perform like that.....but i am really llooking forward to see some data and how it aligns with the balls i play on the course......i am always looking for something better.....always looking for that small edge to help win our league.....i must have spent $350 on balls this year doing my own on course testing....and now im left with a bunch of balls I will not use but at least im finding a few that I will use for the rest of the season.....all these are the newest version of the ball

Left dash...beast off the tee....too firm for the rest of the shots
AVX- over rated IMO
Prov1 - amazing
Chromesoft- Just as good as the Prov1 and longer off my driver
Prov1x - over rated for me...balloons off the driver and a bit too firm
Tp5x - still too "clicky".  Improved over 2019, ut not there yet.
TP5 - TM ruined a good ball with the newer version. 

Prov1 and chromesoft, the two best balls ive tested this year......i wonder how the ball data will stack up against what i witnessed on the course. 

Golf is cool

On 7/29/2021 at 7:53 AM, Tsecor said:

As boring as it was watching a robot hit these balls, i did watch multiple days......hoping to hear someone yell "Holy crap, that Prov1 just flew 75 yards left"!!.....but that didnt happen and we know a titleist ball wouldnt perform like that.....but i am really llooking forward to see some data and how it aligns with the balls i play on the course......i am always looking for something better.....always looking for that small edge to help win our league.....i must have spent $350 on balls this year doing my own on course testing....and now im left with a bunch of balls I will not use but at least im finding a few that I will use for the rest of the season.....all these are the newest version of the ball

Left dash...beast off the tee....too firm for the rest of the shots
AVX- over rated IMO
Prov1 - amazing
Chromesoft- Just as good as the Prov1 and longer off my driver
Prov1x - over rated for me...balloons off the driver and a bit too firm
Tp5x - still too "clicky".  Improved over 2019, ut not there yet.
TP5 - TM ruined a good ball with the newer version. 

Prov1 and chromesoft, the two best balls ive tested this year......i wonder how the ball data will stack up against what i witnessed on the course. 

I have some more testing of my own to do and I was really surprised by the Srixon Z-star and XV. Give them a whirl. you may be surprised

Driver - :callaway-small: Mavrik w/ Aldila Rogue White 130MSI 60X

3-Wood - :taylormade-small: RocketBallz 3 HL

Hybrid - :callaway-small: Apex 2 w/ Kuro Kage 65g Stiff

Irons - :callaway-small: Steelhead XR's w/ KBS Tour-V 90 - 5-PW, AW - Stiff

Wedges - Kirkland Signature 52*, 56*, 60*

Putter -   default_taylormade-small.jpg.f51b0863b47c9f7d3e2ffc3583a5d3da.jpg  Spider S #1 Platinum/White

Grips - Golf Pride Tour Velvet Midsize

Ball - Srixon Z-star.....Q-Star in Spring and Fall

Jeremy Booth

Swing easy.

2 hours ago, JerBooth said:

I have some more testing of my own to do and I was really surprised by the Srixon Z-star and XV. Give them a whirl. you may be surprised

if you want to exchange sleeves of anything, let me know. Ive tried Srixon a few years ago but they were shorter for me than the Prov1 i was playing.  But they were pretty solid from what i recall

Golf is cool

I'm definitely looking forward to the results, but I also know in the last paragraph of the report is going to be a few paragraphs about the importance of getting fit for a ball and that this should help you narrow down to 3-5 balls.

So, imagine if the big box stores offer a $30 golf ball fitting session for 30 min of sim time to hit all of the major premium balls and at the end you get a $10 off a dozen balls coupon. Seems like an easy way to move premium balls off their shelves.

Golf Galaxy and PGA Super Store, if you need a consultant, my hourly rate is pretty cheap!

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

Did they mention when we can expect the results from the ball testing?  I don't remember them saying so but I might have missed it and I don't want ot watch it all again.

My guess is it will be a couple months for them to crunch all the data and write up the article with graphics, etc.  Hard to be patient knowing that they have finished the testing, but I bet hitting the balls is probably less than half the total hours invested.

On a side note, is there a regular schedule for when NPG is supposed to come out?  I see we didn't get on this week, only a 5 minute hit about them not knowing anything more about the Bushnell/Foresight PLM than the rest of us here in the forum thread.

I have been hitting the Srixon QStar Tour for two years now with good results. I hit the Callaway Chrome soft for a long time. I liked the Callaway. It took me a bit to use the Srixon but I found it performed for me as well as the Callaway. I paid $28.00/dz for the Srixon on sale which has much less than Chrome Soft. Please do not misunderstand me. The Callaway ball is great. I believe I found a ball for less money that also works great.

Bassbeamer 

9 hours ago, ChitownM2 said:

On a side note, is there a regular schedule for when NPG is supposed to come out?  I see we didn't get on this week, only a 5 minute hit about them not knowing anything more about the Bushnell/Foresight PLM than the rest of us here in the forum thread.

I think Tuesday...ish for new episodes.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG