TESTERS WANTED! ×

At What Length are you Trying to Hole A Putt?

I’d first like to thank @cnosil for showing me the Manalo golf Instagram account.  I got about 2 hours worth of laughs in, some of his stuff is a little over the top, but over all has some pretty good basic information, and some ok entertainment.  Haha.

One of his tips was to make a 3’ hole around the stick to aim your longer putts.  I used to to this, but have since moved to trying to hole this long putts.  I usually overshoot them and have a long comebacker…

Last round, anything over 15’ I used that method again, and it seemed to leave me in a lot better spot. At what point do you aim to hole the putt?  Obviously, we would all like to do this every time. 

Do you have a distance where you really lock in?

• Shankster changed the title to At What Length are you Trying to Hole A Putt?

Make everything! 

but seriously within 10’ I’m disappointed if I don’t hole it out, realistically I know statistics aren’t in my favor but still. I’ve become consistent 5’ and in but I want to make 10’ or less

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

8 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Make everything! 

but seriously within 10’ I’m disappointed if I don’t hole it out, realistically I know statistics aren’t in my favor but still. I’ve become consistent 5’ and in but I want to make 10’ or less

Yeah.  You know me… I’m trying knock down the flagstick on everything… putting included.  looking at a more strategic way to play seems like it will bring the scores down.  I will say those long putts where I aimed to get it close, I got it well within the 3’ circle.  Something to it, maybe I’ll bring it in to 2’ circle on the long ones.

Just now, Shankster said:

Yeah.  You know me… I’m trying knock down the flagstick on everything… putting included.  looking at a more strategic way to play seems like it will bring the scores down.  I will say those long putts where I aimed to get it close, I got it well within the 3’ circle.  Something to it, maybe I’ll bring it in to 2’ circle on the long ones.

I think of it as 2 putting “get it close knock I in 2”. I like the put it in a circle perimeter thought though so I’ll give this a whirl, lord knows my approach and short game needs improvement so I’m not 25’+ every single time!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

I think of it as 2 putting “get it close knock I in 2”. I like the put it in a circle perimeter thought though so I’ll give this a whirl, lord knows my approach and short game needs improvement so I’m not 25’+ every single time!

It helped me a Bunch, I played with the pro at a course near me as a kid.  That was his deal.  Putt to a 3’ circle on long Putts.  I thought I was decent at putting.  My stats say I am, but I left myself with a lot of 5-6’ clean up putts that require waaaay to much attention.

I'd say that somewhere between 10 and 20 feet is where my intention gradually changes.  I think its realistic to expect distance control to within about 10% of the distance of the putt.  So if I'm aiming it 2 feet past the hole, and I'm 10 feet away, my longest first putt will end up another foot further away, 3 feet past.  I can make most of those.  If I'm aiming 2 feet past the hole from 20 feet, and go 10% past that, I'm 4 feet away, and those start to become miss-able.  At 30 feet, 40 feet, that same 10% long miss becomes a real cause for 3 putts.  The way I think of it is that I gradually change my planned ending distance as I'm further from the hole.  Closer than 10 feet, I want to hit the putt a couple feet past, to give myself a chance to make it.  From much over 20 feet. I want to die it at the hole, so my worst putts aren't 4 or 5 feet beyond the hole.

As an aside, this is what the best players in the world do.  Mark Broadie shows "scatter diagrams" of PGA Tour players.  From closer, the center of the distribution is past the hole.  For longer putts, the center of the "shotgun blast" is centered pretty much right on the hole.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

The only time I putt to a 3 foot circle is when I'm practicing putting on the range.  On the course, even though I know it's unrealistic, I'm trying to hole every putt and every chip.  Distance control is something that I work on, so I focus on how far I want to hit it and then choose my starting line.  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I am always trying to hole the putt. Speed control is a top priority for me and as I approach 20' the 3' circle starts to come into play.  I do manage my expectations regarding actually making the putt and am probably more irritated when my putt is outside the 3' range.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I'm always going for the hole. If I make it great. If I don't it's usually a tap in. That is unless it is some type of crazy slope that takes the ball away no matter what you do!

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

5 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I am always trying to hole the putt. Speed control is a top priority for me and as I approach 20' the 3' circle starts to come into play.  I do manage my expectations regarding actually making the putt and am probably more irritated when my putt is outside the 3' range.   

21 minutes ago, CarlH said:

The only time I putt to a 3 foot circle is when I'm practicing putting on the range.  On the course, even though I know it's unrealistic, I'm trying to hole every putt and every chip.  Distance control is something that I work on, so I focus on how far I want to hit it and then choose my starting line.  

I think these 2 comments are keys. If I have a 5 footer, I read it, try to gauge the speed and hit it. This doesn't change if I am 35 feet. The process and intention are the same. Also work on speed. You can approach every putt the same way if you are confident your speed is correct. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

To be 100% honest to all (and especially myself)  10 feet.  I've been lucky and drained some long ones, but 10 footers are the ones that i'm trying to make constantly.  I've also been working on getting my lag putts closer than 4 feet.  My speed has been off this year, and i've been working on it, getting longer ones close. that's just my opinion.  it looks as though that's about average.

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

I have always heard “speed is 80%” of putting so I try to make most of my putting about speed, but trying to find the right speed where it dies at the hole or “trickles” in there. I try and picture where I need to hit the ball where if there were no hole it would stop then figure out the line. I do this whether it’s 3 feet or 50. I also try and picture based on speed and break the blade of grass at the cup where the ball will roll in.

Aiming so precise in both speed and line seems to give me more room for error. 

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

From inside of 10 feet, I'm trying to make everything. Outside of 30 feet, I'm going to make very certain that whatever my read is, the ball is breaking towards the hole as it loses speed ... so I tend to miss "long" putts on the high side of the hole, but rarely have them slide away to that 5-6 foot knee-knocker range. When they go in, they generally topple in from the high side of the hole.

From 10-30 feet, it really depends on the putt. A flattish 20 footer without much side-to-side break on medium-speed greens? I'm trying to hole that with a "just past the hole" weight. A sidehill 12 footer on fast greens? See the above strategy for keeping out of trouble!

I will say I tend to putt faster greens better; if they slow down too far I struggle to get the ball to the hole, and always feel like I need too much "hit" on the makeable 6-10 footers. I love places that run their greens in the 10.5-11.5 range. Fast enough to be true with a little runout, but not so fast that play becomes ridiculously hard for many amateurs (and translates to pace of play issues).

It's all frame of mind.  The best putters aren't always the best technical players; it's a combination of mental strength and technique.  

Rarely do I ever stand over a 12 footer thinking gee, I hope I am good enough to make this...No way...I want to drain that putt. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

7 minutes ago, bens197 said:

It's all frame of mind.  The best putters aren't always the best technical players; it's a combination of mental strength and technique.  

Rarely do I ever stand over a 12 footer thinking gee, I hope I am good enough to make this...No way...I want to drain that putt. 

Good point.  Self confidence goes along way.  

15 hours ago, CarlH said:

I'm just picking this one because it seems representative of many.  No matter how good you are, you're always going to have some variation in distance.  You'll hit some longer than you intend to, and some shorter.  That variability, the size of your "scatter pattern" will increase with increasing length of putt.  I used 10% of the length of the putt in my earlier post, I think that's a reasonable goal for most of us.  

When I'm trying to make a putt, my goal is to get just about every putt at least to the hole, which means that the center of the "scatter pattern" is a couple feet beyond the hole.  That's reasonable when I'm 10 or 15 feet away, my longest efforts will be a foot or a little more past the center of the pattern, so maybe 3 feet past the hole.  But if I'm 40 feet away, and I want the short end of the pattern to be at the hole, the center of the pattern would need to be as much as 4 feet past the hole, and the longest end would be 8 feet past.  That's a recipe for 3-putting.  And please don't tell me you don't ever miss your intended distance by 4 feet, we all do.  Strokes Gained data shows that PGA Tour pros 3-putt from 40 feet more often (10%) than they 1-putt (4%), and their "scatter patterns" are centered at the hole.  For us lesser-skilled mortals, trying to hit every putt past the hole in order to make, regardless of distance, is likely to lead to higher scores.

Of course some of this is semantics.  When I'm putting from 40 feet its important to me that my intended speed is just enough to get the ball to the hole.  Yes, I'm trying to make it, but the primary focus is having no more than 2 putts.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I try to make everything and if speed control is on then it’s finishing within a 3’ circle

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I try to make everything, dying it into the hole. What should I reasonably expect to make? That's the good question. I was going over this with my pro. We all know 8 foot is the 50% mark for the PGA. Well we're not PGA, I'm a 4. So what is the break-even point? It's between 4-5 feet. That's what I should reasonably expect to make.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

11 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

I try to make everything, dying it into the hole. What should I reasonably expect to make? That's the good question. I was going over this with my pro. We all know 8 foot is the 50% mark for the PGA. Well we're not PGA, I'm a 4. So what is the break-even point? It's between 4-5 feet. That's what I should reasonably expect to make.

Yeah, trying to make and expecting to make are two vastly different things.  I know at least one 15-handicapper who gets disgusted when he misses a 20-footer by an inch.  But he's a doofus.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I try all putts inside 20 feet. Mainly because that's where my par scrambles end up. I also feel it's reasonable. I don't practice my putting at all, so it gets dicey at times when I have a misread

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: image.png.2a9745c9eca1e1dcd4c3ecfd5b2823e3.png Epic speed 9 degree

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: OG Rossie

image.png

1 hour ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

I’ll disagree with you a little,  putting is probably the one place that we can come close to matching a pros performance.  Obviously it does require practice so if you don’t practice you 4-5 for range might be acceptable. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

Yeah, trying to make and expecting to make are two vastly different things.  I know at least one 15-handicapper who gets disgusted when he misses a 20-footer by an inch.  But he's a doofus.

you know my brother in law?

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

4 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

I'm just picking this one because it seems representative of many.  No matter how good you are, you're always going to have some variation in distance.  You'll hit some longer than you intend to, and some shorter.  That variability, the size of your "scatter pattern" will increase with increasing length of putt.  I used 10% of the length of the putt in my earlier post, I think that's a reasonable goal for most of us.  

Dave, I understand what you're saying.  If one doesn't have reasonable control of distance when putting, they're going to leave it short or go long regardless of whether the target is 4.25 inch circle or a 3 foot circle....this is exactly why I spend a lot of my putting practice focusing solely on distance control and not how many times I can putt a ball into a hole standing in the same spot like I see so many recreational players do.  Does this mean that I will always hit my putt at the correct speed?  Of course not.   I'm still focusing on hitting the ball the correct distance as you are with your 10% rule or someone putting using the 3 foot radius concept.  Generally, I have pretty good control and end up with a reasonable next putt.  Sometimes I hit it too soft or too hard and I walk away with that 3 putt.  So do those that putt to a 3 foot circle.  

For me (and I emphasize "for me"), narrowing my focus to a smaller point helps me focus better than just having a general area to finish.  When I practice putting, I choose to putt to hit a tee peg.  When I am chipping, I pick out a spot where I'd like the ball to land and focus on that.  When I stand on the tee box or am hitting to the green, I choose a landing area rather than accepting the entire fairway or the entire green as my acceptable place to land.  I realize that I'm not going to hit those points every time, or even a small percentage of times.  However, my choosing a smaller place to focus, I am able to increase my percentage of the end result being reasonably close to what I was looking to achieve.

Should you expect to make every putt?  No, but focusing to try to make every putt is very reasonable (again, to me).

The only putt that I expect to make EVERY time is the one where my opponent said "that's good"!!!!  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

4 hours ago, cnosil said:

I’ll disagree with you a little,  putting is probably the one place that we can come close to matching a pros performance.  Obviously it does require practice so if you don’t practice you 4-5 for range might be acceptable. 

No need to disagree, I follow the logic. We can't hit it 320, but with practice we can scrape it around with the best of them.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

All of them!!

I try to make everything, but the key is to leave the next putt in the 2 foot range….why would you not try to make them all?

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

So, what if the practice green rolls waaay faster than on the course?  Seems counterintuitive to practice on something that is not the same as what you are going to play on?

Sure. The technique practice is invaluable, but warming up pre round?  I think that would cause me more issues than it would help.