TESTERS WANTED! ×

When do you use Iron off the Tee? (Or anything other than Driver)

5 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Another one in the strategy series…

When do you all pull an iron off the tee?  

Short Par 4’s?  

Tight fairways?

Hazard avoidance?

Weird lie avoidance?

Always?  

Wind only?

my longest iron is a 6 so Par 3s less than about 185.   Otherwise it is primarily driver,  with an occasional 3w or 3 hybrid based on trouble avoidance or distance limitations. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• Shankster changed the title to When do you use Iron off the Tee? (Or anything other than Driver)

In choosing a club off the tee other than driver, for me it's all about hazard avoidance. If there is significant trouble pinching in at the driver distance, which I know I can't carry, I'm going to club down (3w, 5w, 7w, typically) and make sure I'm short of it. A similar strategy goes for a dogleg hole where driver might run through the fairway. FWIW, I also define "trouble" as "driver is going to leave me a really nasty downhill lie. We have several holes at my club where a driver can end up with a PW off of a severe downhill/sidehill lie, whereas being 10 yards shorter leaves 8 or 9 iron from a perfectly level stance.

My other exception to driver off the tee is when I absolutely MUST move the ball right-to-left off the tee. I can hit a 3w or 5w long enough, and pretty well be confident it will move left (at least, won't miss right). On those holes, unless I really need the distance of the driver, I'll usually hit the solid draw with 3w.

Other than Par 3’s the only time I will pull 5 wood is if there is a ob or penalty area that is where driver would end up. I’m not accurate enough with anything else to guarantee not to be in the trees so why not let the big dog eat! Lol

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

i hit iron off the tee a lot. the course i play most often is heavily tree lined and driver is way too penal on most holes. 

my irons are long enough that i’m not giving up a ton of distance off the tee, and not losing drives OB has contributed to lower scores for me 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

First, on “runny-dink” par 5s that require a layup off the tee due to creeks, ravines, grassy areas, etc.

Next off par 5s that have a severe dogleg, and have trees too high/close to get over to cut the dogleg.

On par 4s where I can’t carry a creek, ravine, grassy area, etc.

On a short par 4 where driver puts me at an uncomfortable approach yardage, so I’ll lay back to be hitting from a number on the second shot.

On mountain courses where holes have a huge elevation drop and driver isn’t a good play.

Finally, if I’m struggling all day from the tee box I’ll hit 4 iron just to try and hit a fairway to get a positive mojo going.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I play quite a few courses that force driver out of your hand on certain holes. Usually desert washes or canyons running through the fairway, sometimes a sea of bunkers. Others where the longer you hit it the more narrow the fairway is. Regardless, I'll often use a 5 wood or iron off the tee. Experimenting with another round of driving irons right now in the 20-21 degree range. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

Almost never. Could be that courses I play don't require it or it could be the fact that my driver/3w are just as accurate off the tee as my 4 iron. I am not normal however driver is by far my best club and 3w being 2nd best there is almost no reason for me to hit anything else. My club does have a par 5 with a severe dog leg, I hit 5w off this tee and miss as much or more than I would if I could hit driver. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

1 minute ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Almost never. Could be that courses I play don't require it or it could be the fact that my driver/3w are just as accurate off the tee as my 4 iron. I am not normal however driver is by far my best club and 3w being 2nd best there is almost no reason for me to hit anything else. My club does have a par 5 with a severe dog leg, I hit 5w off this tee and miss as much or more than I would if I could hit driver. 

Wish I could say the same about my driver…. It’s getting there, but it still causes me some heartache.  3 wood was a bad bad stick last round.  I blocked sliced it as far right as you could possibly get into the water… it’s was like when Happy hit the lady in the window.  Just dropped the club. 

3 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Wish I could say the same about my driver…. It’s getting there, but it still causes me some heartache.  3 wood was a bad bad stick last round.  I blocked sliced it as far right as you could possibly get into the water… it’s was like when Happy hit the lady in the window.  Just dropped the club. 

Eh, if you ask me it's overrated. I would much rather have my irons be the best in my bag. I have no problem making bogey from 75 yards in the fairway. 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

Just now, THEZIPR23 said:

Eh, if you ask me it's overrated. I would much rather have my irons be the best in my bag. I have no problem making bogey from 75 yards in the fairway. 

Irons are my thing.  Just getting myself in a position off the tee so I don’t have to bend around trees.  That is the goal.  I am 100% better than I was last year, last year I could not get off the tee to save my life.  Distance is there.  Accuracy is marginal at times.

Ive actually thought about getting one of the 1 irons and bending it to 14°…, but I don’t know if it would even be playable at that point?

I really do not like woods.  Tiger is cool, but fairway (woods) are not my fav, driver either.

7 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Irons are my thing.  Just getting myself in a position off the tee so I don’t have to bend around trees.  That is the goal.  I am 100% better than I was last year, last year I could not get off the tee to save my life.  Distance is there.  Accuracy is marginal at times.

Ive actually thought about getting one of the 1 irons and bending it to 14°…, but I don’t know if it would even be playable at that point?

I really do not like woods.  Tiger is cool, but fairway (woods) are not my fav, driver either.

Just to give you an example of what I struggle with. I played a match last week, hit the driver probably as good as I ever have. Won the match on 17th green. Holes 9-17 I hit 7 straight drives between 290-324. All were within and umbrella width of the center of the fairway. I actually took 2 drops off yardage markers in the middle of the fairway.  I had and 8 iron and 5 iron to the 2 par 5's second shots. I MADE ZERO BIRDIES! This is the same round I said I aimed at zero flags but still to make 0 birdies off those drives should be criminal. 

15 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Just to give you an example of what I struggle with. I played a match last week, hit the driver probably as good as I ever have. Won the match on 17th green. Holes 9-17 I hit 7 straight drives between 290-324. All were within and umbrella width of the center of the fairway. I actually took 2 drops off yardage markers in the middle of the fairway.  I had and 8 iron and 5 iron to the 2 par 5's second shots. I MADE ZERO BIRDIES! This is the same round I said I aimed at zero flags but still to make 0 birdies off those drives should be criminal. 

We’d make one heck of a scramble team.

First choice for me below driver is 17 deg 2 hybrid (carry no fairways currently). If there is significant trouble: thick trees with likely lost ball, OB, or water; I will occasionally drop back to iron if the distance between these hazards is 40 yards or less. Or if there is a forced carry I'm uncomfortable with. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

My driver and 3h carry distances are sadly not very disparate, but since you can't hit a driver fat (or at least it's pretty difficult to do so) my driver is actually more consistent.  I really only use my 3h off the tee for particularly tight fairways.  On the course I play most, there is only one hole in which I generally take hybrid.  There is another hole that I probably should but generally don't.  I'm always jelly of my friends that have real distance and often take irons off the tee.  I have a buddy who is 6'10 that hit his 5i 275 (total not carry) the other day.  I hit driver on the same hole and was well short of his tee shot.

Titleist 913D2

Ping G2 3W

Ping G2 3H 18*, 4H 22*

Mizuno JPX900

Cleveland CBX 56, 60

Odyssey White Hot RX #2

Snell MTBX

My home course actually has several holes I don't hit driver on.

#7 390/4 I hit driver here too, but anything over 260 falls into a valley that is one of the wettest spots on the course. I'll hit 3W if there's been a lot of rain.

#9 450/5 it's downhill 250 to a lake, can't hit driver. Usually hybrid or 4i to stay short and in the fairway. 

#10 365/4 usually a 4i as it's a sharp dogleg left, so the hole plays much shorter then the yardage. Driver landing zone doesn't exist.

#12 410/4 Driver landing zone is maybe 20 yards wide with red left and OB right. Even being in the wrong spot in the fairway can have you blocked from the green. I hit 3W

#14 330/4 the hole is split in half by a creek and all the trouble is if you take on the other side. I hit 2 8i

#15 540/5 hazards line both sides of this hole and a driver would be a draw over trees to a blind landing zone. I can't hit a controlled fade so driver stays away. I hit a hybrid to find the fairway.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I only hit something other than driver if the driver distance gets through the fairway on a dogleg or if a hazard is at the driver distance.  On the course where I play a 9 hole league from the white tees there are only 3 driver holes on the front and I am hitting a 18* hybrid on the other 4 non par 3 holes.  When I play it from the back tees i get to hit driver on two more holes.  

On the back 9 from the whites only two holes need the 18* and from back tees I can hit driver on all but the one par 3.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

On 7/28/2021 at 8:36 PM, Shankster said:

Another one in the strategy series…

When do you all pull an iron off the tee?  

Short Par 4’s?  

Tight fairways?

Hazard avoidance?

Weird lie avoidance?

iu-5.gif.db9f77ae33ef9e99e5eddcd9e969d7b9.gif

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

@Shankster - I think you covered it pretty well in your initial post.  For me it's usually 2 hybrid on a tighter hole and where the distance isn't needed quite as much.   

This does get me wondering where the trade off of aggressive play would be for the chance at a birdie.  I was just listening to the Chasing Scratch Podcast and they had the guy who developed strokes gained and it was pretty interesting.  There is an app out there you can get your own percentages and I think it may be worthwhile to try.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Anytime it leaves me to play 150ish and in. I’m much more consistent with an iron off the tee and it leaves me in a good spot to capitalize. As long as it’s 150 or less I’m looking at a 8 iron or less into the green which I feel comfortable scoring with

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

I've been practicing on playing more target golf and it seems like more often than not, my driver stays in the bag, whenever I play a practice round...targeting the 150 markers, or a very specific position (e.g. short of a trap, on the fattest area of a dogleg) and at times, i'll work backwards from a hole strategy and try to execute (e.g. I want a full wedge into the green so I'd have to hit a certain distance off the tee, etc). It's been making me a bit more deliberate on my approach to the game while giving me an opportunity to work on different aspects of my game and not just driver, short iron, chip, and putt(s).

In a comp/match, I'll use my driver a good amount to have the shortest approach possible, to increase my chances at scoring. This is of course calculating to avoid hazards or forced carries with an average hit...not the full distance of perfect strikes.  

Mizuno ST-Z 220 9.5* Diamana D+ White 60S | Titleist 917F2 17* Diamana TB 70S | Titleist 913 Hybrid 19* Diamana White 92HY S | Mizuno JPX 921 Forged Nippon Modus Tour 115 S (4-GW) | Vokey SM5 52* (playing 53*) and 58* | Odyssey Black Series Tour Design No. 5 | Bridgestone Tour B XS | Mizuno BR-D4 6-Way California Blue

On 7/31/2021 at 8:49 AM, RollingGreens said:

Anytime it leaves me to play 150ish and in. I’m much more consistent with an iron off the tee and it leaves me in a good spot to capitalize. As long as it’s 150 or less I’m looking at a 8 iron or less into the green which I feel comfortable scoring with

Great way to lower your scores. Find your favorite <150 club and play to that distance as much as possible.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

On 7/31/2021 at 7:59 AM, juspoole said:

@Shankster - I think you covered it pretty well in your initial post.  For me it's usually 2 hybrid on a tighter hole and where the distance isn't needed quite as much.   

This does get me wondering where the trade off of aggressive play would be for the chance at a birdie.  I was just listening to the Chasing Scratch Podcast and they had the guy who developed strokes gained and it was pretty interesting.  There is an app out there you can get your own percentages and I think it may be worthwhile to try.

Read Broadie's book, Every Shot Counts, to get a more detailed understanding of Strokes Gained.  It'll make you think critically about advice to lay back rather than get closer.  If there's not a specific reason to hit a shorter club(terrain, narrowing fairway, bunkers, hazards), I always try to get as close to the hole as possible.  With a tiny bit of practice, I know I'm better from 50 yards than from 75, better from 75 than 100, etc.  There's really no reason to avoid partial shots, almost all of us will still get closer to the hole, on average, with a shorter partial swing than we will with a full swing from further back.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

When hybrid is too much club

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Read Broadie's book, Every Shot Counts, to get a more detailed understanding of Strokes Gained.  It'll make you think critically about advice to lay back rather than get closer.  If there's not a specific reason to hit a shorter club(terrain, narrowing fairway, bunkers, hazards), I always try to get as close to the hole as possible.  With a tiny bit of practice, I know I'm better from 50 yards than from 75, better from 75 than 100, etc.  There's really no reason to avoid partial shots, almost all of us will still get closer to the hole, on average, with a shorter partial swing than we will with a full swing from further back.

I agree. Alot of people think they have a great 150 yard or 125 yard shot, but if you really looked at the numbers they would be shocked how many greens they miss from there.  Just think what is your Par 3 scoring average? Most of us are over par, and much worse than your par 4 or par 5 averages relative to par. And that's because you are not hitting greens with your irons.

From 125-150 yards, Danny Willet is averaging a miss of 27 feet from the fairway, 48 feet from the rough, 59% GIR from that distance and he has probably has a wedge in his hands. Most of us could not hold Danny Willet's bag or make his tea right. 

Chop the distance to 75-100 yards which is likely a partial shot for him and Willets GIR is 94%. Approach from fairway is 11 feet. Approach from rough is 16 feet. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

It's a function of Length and Girth... Of the fairway (Don't be nasty). And Dassit! 

- Raj

HDCP 12
Driver - Taylormade M5 9 - HZRDUS Smoke S
Irons - Ping i200 AWT 2 stiff shafts
Wedges - Titleist Vokeys 50, 55, 60
Putter - Odyssey Fang 2 Ball

this happen to me on sunday .. played couple holes and my driver was just not working for me and the course was pretty tight so I switch to 3w mostly but on couple of holes I hit 5 iron and ended up paring both holes where I laid up. To me it was feel .. I wasn;t feeling the driver so just felt what I thought would be the right club to use on that hole. 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

6 iron is my longest iron so never on anything other than a par 3. 

I will hit less than driver for trouble avoidance - that’s the only reason why. I’m generally an accurate driver and not very long, taking driver out of my hand significantly impacts my ability to score. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD