TESTERS WANTED! ×

Sub 70 Putters

txgolfjunkie

16 hours ago, akaToast said:

Just ordered a Sub 70 005 Wide Blade Center Shaft putter, can't wait to give it a roll or 10.

Still waiting for mine. I ordered it 9/3 and they said they were about 3 weeks out, so hopefully soon.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

4 hours ago, MattF said:

Still waiting for mine. I ordered it 9/3 and they said they were about 3 weeks out, so hopefully soon.

Called and heard that my order would take about two weeks but they asked me to call them for an update in two weeks. 

Driver: Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK DRIVER 9 Degree Stiff 

3 Wood: Cobra KING SPEEDZONE BIG TOUR FAIRWAY

Utility Iron: Cobra KING UTILITY ONE LENGTH IRON

Hybrid: Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK ONE LENGTH HYBRID #4

Irons: Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK ONE LENGTH IRONS

13 minutes ago, akaToast said:

Called and heard that my order would take about two weeks but they asked me to call them for an update in two weeks. 

They must have been looking at the forum this morning because I got a shipping notification a couple of hours ago. I "should" have it before I play on Sunday.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• 3 weeks later...

So I got mine on Monday and I have to say, it is a beautiful putter and looks more more expensive than it's cost. Just hit a few in my office and it feels really good. Love the muted tone from it and how it sets up at address, was able to get a few nice rolls with it. I will be trying it out soon at my muni.

• 2 weeks later...

I received my Sub 70 005 Wide Blade Center Shaft putter and have now used it for four rounds and all I have to say is, WOW!!!. I am not sure if my results are based on playing a center shafted putter or not but I have never putted better in my life. The feel of this putter is amazing, the milled face is perfect, I know exactly what is happening with the face and the ball and I have excellent pace and am either holing it or just missing for an easy two putt. The build quality is outstanding and these guys really know what they are doing. Best decision I have made in a long time.

I played 36 over the weekend but before the round, I spent an hour on the putting green with the following putters:

Sub 70 002 Mid Mallet

TaylorMade Spider SR

Ping PLD Tyne

Ping Sigma Arna

My struggles on the course are a quick stroke that can lead to pull/push, especially on 8' and in. My stroke can get a little to the outside on the takeaway and the transition to follow-through can get a little loopy, thus resulting in an inconsistent line. The Sub 70 won out on the putting green and in the bag it went. After 36 holes, I saw my first back-to-back rounds that showed strokes gained on putting via Arccos. It wasn't just a little on the positive side for strokes gained putting, it was +2.8 and +2.0 for the two rounds. I saw a lot of 3'-7' putts drop that might've missed with a lighter putter and quicker stroke. I'm really shocked to see those results. If you need a heavier putter to smooth out your stroke, this is a great, budget-friendly option. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

I'll jump on the positive bandwagon and say that I'm loving my 005 wide. I really like the feel of a heavier putter.

In the bag:

Bag: 

Well, I guess it's time for an update.  I have a "new" Sub70 Putter hitting my door in the morning.  If you recall I had the #4 Fang-Tooth putter (should still be at the top of this page - #2) and was really enjoying it.  The only problem was (which was my own fault), I ordered the shaft too short and it just didn't feel comfortable at address after a few rounds. So I emailed Sub70 Customer Service and said can I return it and have a longer shaft put in under warranty?  They said SURE!  Ok cool, can I also get the double bend shaft in place of single bed, No Problem!! But...we are out of stock on those shafts for that putter until Mid to Late November.  Well crap...   

Looked around the website and they had the #3 Mallet putter available with the DB Shaft, so I asked if I could do a swap.  SURE!! (Man, these guys are GREAT!) So, I returned the #4 and ordered the #3 and it was pretty much a wash.  The #3 was my initial choice at the very beginning, but decided to try something different and am now back to my initial choice.  The only issue is it doesn't have the removable weights the #4 did, so we'll see how that plays into it.  

It' supposed to arrive tomorrow, and I hope to get out this weekend and get a round or two under it.  

Until then, keep em rolling straight and true (unless there's a break, then well...play the break). 

PXG 0811 9° w Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Shaft

Wishon Single Length 6-AW w/ Veylix Alpina Wildeye shafts

Wishon 929 4w/ Acer 7w /11w w/ LAGP Reign Silver Shafts

Wishon 775HS 27° Hybrid

Taylormade MG Hi-Toe 54° / Taylormade MG Hi-Toe 58° 

Sub70 Sycamore 03 Mallet

Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag / Bag Boy Nitron Cart 

CaddyTek Caddyview V2 

State Director  (NM)  Bugles Across America - Proudly and Humbly Sounding Live Taps for our Nations Hero's. 

NMDVS Military Honors Patch Email.jpg