Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Titleist Introduces Next General T-Series Irons

Golfspy_CG2

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

How is the size comparison from the T100S to the T200?  

Great question! So if the T100/s is a butter knife - which they really are, even with the polymer cavity on the S version, it's still pretty "knifey" - I would say the T200 is like a slice of bread and the T300 is about half a loaf. My current D7's are a full loaf, lol! I'll see if I have time to grab a side-by-side comparison to share with you guys so you can look at all the soles. 

Funny enough, I finally figured out why my shots are so wonky sometimes with the D7, even though they are an SGI iron and should always be pretty darn straight and fly high - i'm overpowering the club! With a 95mph 7i swing speed, I'm causing the club face to react in ways it wasn't designed for and I got the same results with the T300. They flew too high and my dispersion was a bit wide compared with the T200, which is more suited for a player like me - higher swing speed, but consistency issues and needs added forgiveness. I have a feeling the T200 will be a big seller!

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

10 minutes ago, GolfSpy_THV said:

Great question! So if the T100/s is a butter knife - which they really are, even with the polymer cavity on the S version, it's still pretty "knifey" - I would say the T200 is like a slice of bread and the T300 is about half a loaf. My current D7's are a full loaf, lol! I'll see if I have time to grab a side-by-side comparison to share with you guys so you can look at all the soles. 

Funny enough, I finally figured out why my shots are so wonky sometimes with the D7, even though they are an SGI iron and should always be pretty darn straight and fly high - i'm overpowering the club! With a 95mph 7i swing speed, I'm causing the club face to react in ways it wasn't designed for and I got the same results with the T300. They flew too high and my dispersion was a bit wide compared with the T200, which is more suited for a player like me - higher swing speed, but consistency issues and needs added forgiveness. I have a feeling the T200 will be a big seller!

Do you think the 100s could blend well with the 200 long irons? I presume so looking loft for loft. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

4 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Do you think the 100s could blend well with the 200 long irons? I presume so looking loft for loft. 

Yeah, I definitely could see a blended set of 3/4-6/7 in T200 and 7/8-W in a T100 based on swing type. Do note that that the T100 is a more "traditional" loft so the gap from the T200 clubs to the T100 will be larger than normal. If you want to keep gaps more consistent across your whole set, the T100S would be a better bet and with a touch more forgiveness than the T100.

I would only want graphite shafts. AV Blue sound good but a little light. AV White seems like its more in the right weight range. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

9 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

The lofts are the same in the 4-6 and only a degree difference in the rest of the set. Since the last AP line titleist has done a great job at making combo sets easy.

The 100-s despite having stronger lofts do not fall into a GI category. They will penalize a mishit just like the 100

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

12 hours ago, GolfSpy_THV said:

Good to know.  I’m around the same speed, and was wondering about going to an X shaft in the irons, yeah, yeah… fitting. I like butter knives.  A slice of bread on the DI would be ok… but I can’t do a full loaf, not even 2 slices.

so, what was the club doing since you are overpowering it?  

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

crying and calling him daddy

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

5 hours ago, Shankster said:

Good to know.  I’m around the same speed, and was wondering about going to an X shaft in the irons, yeah, yeah… fitting. I like butter knives.  A slice of bread on the DI would be ok… but I can’t do a full loaf, not even 2 slices.

Yeah, mainly it caused the face to overflex and took away the benefits of it's construction and forgiveness that was built in. Think about it this way, you ever see a double bounce on a trampoline? Regular bouncing is controlled and tends to force jumpers into the center of the trampoline, a double bounce, though, causes chaos and sends the jumper in any number of random directions. That's what my speed was causing on the D7, so the consistency and forgiveness were negated a bit, ultimately impacting my score and enjoyment of the game because I never knew how far or the exact direction the ball would fly. I would hit a 7i and it would go 195yds one time and 175yds the next time. You can imagine how fun that was...

If your 7i swing speed is about the same, maybe give the X a try as long as the heft doesn't bother you too much. I found it tightened up my dispersion a lot and created more consistency with my ball flight over a stiff shaft. 

Can't wait until my T300s come.

Watched a review of Max Homa absolutely crushing a T300 7 iron, but still not quite as far as @Chip Strokes

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

Titleist had a fitting day last week with the new irons. They had 5 of their master fitters and a couple of Titleist big wigs. It was a cool experience but I will be keeping my current irons - Callaway Epic Forged. I really tried to love the Titleists - and yes, they do look fantastic in person - but the performance was not even close to my current set. 

I’ve also been to TPI and it is completely worth doing for the health and fitness aspects. I found their fitting to be middle of the road and not even close to my fitter - https://ddcustomgolf.com

Driver: image.jpeg.e446bd483f55f864625f0214a6f0a0cc.jpeg M5 Tour - 9* EvenFlow White 65, 6.5

3 wood: :titelist-small: TS2 15* degree EvenFlow White 75, 6.5

Hybrid: image.jpeg.e446bd483f55f864625f0214a6f0a0cc.jpeg SIM Max 19 Tensei CK Pro Blue 90 TX 

Irons:image.png.f39ca0723463243d8b97c536861568ed.pngEpic Forged 5-A, Aerotech Steelfiber fc90

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM6 - 50* 54* 60*

Putter: image.jpeg.b8329ade9a91708e1ab3934981395cad.jpeg Scotty Cameron Newport 2

I have not lusted over a set of blades like this for over 20 years....

What is the backlog?  Will they arrive on my porch in 2025?

2-PW 1997 TM Burner Tour Blades
TM Burner Wedges 55,60
My distances are still buttery and spot on.

More Hogan additions coming
Hogan GS53 Max - Thank you www.TrueGolfFit.com

3 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Can't wait until my T300s come.

Watched a review of Max Homa absolutely crushing a T300 7 iron, but still not quite as far as @Chip Strokes

i hit an 8i 199 yards last night. caught it a couple grooves low. so there’s that. 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

35 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

i hit an 8i 199 yards last night. caught it a couple grooves low. so there’s that. 

Max Homa was only at like 202 carry with the 29 degree lofted 7 iron, T300

Updated 07/15/2022

12 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Pffft that's nothing. I can get that easy. 

With my 21* Heavenwood.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

16 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

he’s welcome to all of my swing speed and distance if he wants to give me his job (and the talent required to do it)

I bought T200 about 1 1/2 years ago with the AM2 shaft.  Gained yards and accuracy as well.  I spoke to my wife last evening after I gave her a birthday gift and told her I was ordering the T100S irons.  I know she could care less but just wanted her to know.  I have a very good local fitter and he told me then to get the 100 irons but as smart as a golfer that I am, I did not listen and so I am going to see him tomorrow and call the rep from my club tomorrow with the specs on the order.  I did switch about 3 months ago back to my Scottie Cameron 1997 Newport 2 trillium putter without the button back....and have lowered my handicap from 9 to 6.9 index. 

Like most others have said, they look too good to pass on and if they are as solid as my current irons, I will love them. 

74 and a half and still playing 5 days a week. 

Titleist TS 1 Driver Stiff graphite shaft

Titleist  TS2 16.5 degree 3 wood Stiff graphite shaft

Titleist  TS2 18 degree 5 Wood Stiff graphite shaft

Titliest TS2--21 degree Hybrid stiff light weight graphite shafts

Titliest T200 regular multi-material graphite shafts 2 degrees flat 5 thru gap wedge

Titliest Volkey wedges 54 and 58 stiff multi-material graphite shafts 2 degrees flat

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Trillium Te3 32" putter

I got to hit the T200 and T100 at my local range today. The grass was closed and wind was around 15 mph hurting & right to left, so not ideal from a testing standpoint but it was nice to try out both clubs. I had a 7 iron head of each and was switching the same PX 6.5 shaft into each head. Hit 30 shots with each, and compared with 15 shots with my gamer, the 2018 Cobra King Forged CB, 34* loft (same as T100), $ Taper 130 shaft which, while not exactly apples-to-apples with the PX 6.5, not too far off in profile.

Looks wise, the T100 was a few mm longer blade length than my CBs, which combined with a bunch of tungsten should hopefully provide the additional forgiveness that I am seeking with my next set. The soles were actually a bit thinner on the T100 though - not a ton, but I found that interesting at least. T200 looks great at address; slightly thicker than T100 but in line with the older AP2 sets, so still very "players" look, and with minimal offset.

Feel-wise, the T100 felt great. Very solid, almost heavy when making contact if that makes sense. Definitely firmer to my ear than say ZX7, MMC/JPX Tour or X Forged/TCB, but that is in line with Titleist historically IMO. Plenty of feedback to know where I made contact. 

What surprised me was how close in feel the T200 was to the 100. That's not to say it was just as good, but it was a lot closer than I expected. I initially thought I would look for a 4-5 in the T200 to combo with the 100 because I assumed the 200 would be too similar to the feel of the Apex Pro, but after today I would not have any issues gaming the 7 iron.

Performance-wise, I will need to wait until a proper fitting to make any decision. The combination of the wind/range balls likely impacted things quite a bit but I was hitting both clubs very high despite using a low/low shaft; I didn't have a launch monitor but the T100 & 200 seemed to provide very similar ball flights despite the 2* loft difference. My gamer was also going higher than normal, but was definitely flying a couple of degrees lower than the Titleists, which I assume is at least partially influenced by the large amount of tungsten relative to the 12g of tungsten in the Cobras. 

All in all, I was impressed with both, with the T100 meeting my high expectations and the T200 exceeding my slightly lower expectations. With the right setup either could provide me with a more forgiving set than my current gamers while still looking and feeling the part of a players iron. 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

I absolutely loved the new Tseries.  I hit all versions but the T300 is best for my game as I tend to have a very low trajectory and low spin.  I don't like loosing some shaping but the height, spin, and distance I get far make up for it.  The dispersion was also very consistent compared to nearly any other brand I hit.

I was lucky enough to hit them right after the sprinkwrap was ripped off on June 30th and fell in love.

Not sure when anyone else has ordered but I ordered early in July direct through a rep as soon as they were able to accept orders.  And even so, with the stock AMT R300 shaft, they are already a tiny behind schedule with shafts becoming available Sept 1st to start manufacturing.  I'm looking at a first or second week of September delivery date.  Hopefully that's not a sign of bad delays to come but I ordered so early I was hoping to maybe get them shipped before the release date.

TaylorMade Rocketballz Driver 9°

Adams a4os 2H

2021 Titelist T300 4 - Gap

Cleveland RSX Fullface 54°

Taylormade MG2 60°

Ordered my T200's yesterday... quoted 4-6 weeks.  We'll see. 

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

And here I was thinking my new irons wouldn’t be Titleist after a 3 year run with my AP3’s….

Those T100 S are moving straight to the top of my list for my upcoming fitting. Maybe even a 200 4 iron…

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

I hit the T200 and T100s on a launch monitor yesterday. I was getting 10 more yards of carry with the T200 despite it only being 1 degree stronger. Same shaft, length and lie. It must be a lot more forgiving than the T100s. They both felt really good. 

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

31 minutes ago, Hook DeLoft said:

I hit the T200 and T100s on a launch monitor yesterday. I was getting 10 more yards of carry with the T200 despite it only being 1 degree stronger. Same shaft, length and lie. It must be a lot more forgiving than the T100s. They both felt really good. 

The static loft doesn’t really mean much. What were the dynamic loft numbers along with launch, spin, peak height and land angle. The launch and spin will tell you more about why one is longer than the other along with the amount of dynamic loft delivered. The peak height will give you an idea which one has better flight along with he land angle and they will tell you if you will be able to hold greens. 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

4 hours ago, Hook DeLoft said:

I had a similar experience in my fitting.  Great feel from both, more distance and higher flight by the 200... by design I realize...

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

4 hours ago, Hook DeLoft said:

I believe the T200 face and construction make it slightly “faster” than the T100 head.    

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

2 hours ago, Richard Wise said:

what about the T 400  irons ?

The T400 is being held over at least until next year.  It’s a small percentage of their iron sales, so no real demand to do anything with it at this point.  It’s a great looking iron that is already pretty long snd easy to hit high and Straight.  Not a lot to improve on there. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Did a virtual fitting with titleist earlier. Went into looking at what set would work best and if I were to do combo what set makeup to go with. Also wanted thoughts on shafts to see if there was something to consider outside of what I’ve been fit into for the last 15 years or so.

Fitter cornfimed t100-s would be my best option with a split set at the 4&5 as worse case with the t200. I could go just 4i if I wanted. Shaft wise he didn’t recommend anything I wasn’t already thinking about.

Since we had time left we got on the subject of drivers and to my surprise he recommended tsi2 in 8 or 9*. Didn’t recommend any shaft changes to what I’ve been fit to before other than the tensei orange which I’ve already tried and didn’t get along with. He felt that with my normal doing being 2200-25/2600 in most heads that going tsi3 would potentially cause me to be at or under 2000. He did say that’s all of it is based in theory and to test side by side.

Came out of it with something’s i wouldnt have considered and confirmed what I’ve seen and felt in the iron shafts. So not too much bling buying if I pick up the irons but will need to hit a few balls with the drivers at some point

I ordered in early July from a rep (T300s with the AMT Red shafts) and they just arrived at my doorstep today.  Was told they were shipping 1st or second week in September so that was a pleasant surprise. Hopefully others have the same luck.

TaylorMade Rocketballz Driver 9°

Adams a4os 2H

2021 Titelist T300 4 - Gap

Cleveland RSX Fullface 54°

Taylormade MG2 60°