TESTERS WANTED! ×

Titleist Introduces Next General T-Series Irons

Golfspy_CG2

1 hour ago, TMAG-FIREMEDIC said:

Was intimidated by the address position initially of the T100 ........ but after trying P760 I came to realize that it's a progressive set in a great way! 4i is actually bigger than P760 4i but a much better look( thinner topline) to my eye .......

The confidence is growing with each passing round .......the 46* PW is truly a money club for me.......95-135yds wind dependent.......back to hitting 7i 170 albeit downwind!! Lol

With the added Tungsten in this iteration, forgiveness is really high especially in such a smallish package.  After nearly a year with the very solid i210s, I consider this a significant upgrade...... holed out a 6i from 170 in a Veterans event couple weeks back that I'm still riding high on that strike😊20220309_220929.jpg.9b06e2ec4deaddfcf2e2af6c85163e40.jpg20220323_172305.jpg.6b2b3307c5cdb4eae5f3613b335e1a44.jpg

Great looking setup! 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

16 minutes ago, JMack said:

Figures, ordered the T100-s irons in November and still don't have them. Now they come out with a new model when they can't fill the orders for the last model. SMH

This is a necro post from last year.  Your T100S' are fine.

8* SIM2 Custom / PX RDX Smoke Black 6.0 46.5"

15* SIM Ti / Velocore 7s

19* SIM Max Hy / GOST 39.5"

4,5 Srixon ZX5  6-P Srixon ZX7  ProjectX LZ 120 6.0

50/54/58 Cleveland Zipcore DG Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, Stability Tour shaft and SuperStroke

JumboMax Ultralight Small on Driver, Golf Pride Tour Velvet (irons and MCC (woods) Mid on all others.

TP5X Pix  and -ProV1

17 minutes ago, JMack said:

Figures, ordered the T100-s irons in November and still don't have them. Now they come out with a new model when they can't fill the orders for the last model. SMH

What new irons did they release?

Have you asked what the hold up is with your set? It could be something as small as the grips you ordered are back ordered and you could swap for different grips. It could be the shaft which is affecting everyone shaft company right me and this every in company 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, JMack said:

Like others have said there is no NEW model outside the 2021 T-series.....

The T100 2019 is the previous model which were chrome .....these are a satin finish 

13 hours ago, TMAG-FIREMEDIC said:

Was intimidated by the address position initially of the T100 ........ but after trying P760 I came to realize that it's a progressive set in a great way! 4i is actually bigger than P760 4i but a much better look( thinner topline) to my eye .......

The confidence is growing with each passing round .......the 46* PW is truly a money club for me.......95-135yds wind dependent.......back to hitting 7i 170 albeit downwind!! Lol

With the added Tungsten in this iteration, forgiveness is really high especially in such a smallish package.  After nearly a year with the very solid i210s, I consider this a significant upgrade...... holed out a 6i from 170 in a Veterans event couple weeks back that I'm still riding high on that strike😊20220309_220929.jpg.9b06e2ec4deaddfcf2e2af6c85163e40.jpg20220323_172305.jpg.6b2b3307c5cdb4eae5f3613b335e1a44.jpg

That is a great looking set up you got there.

BTW - I really like your towel. 👍😁👍

I got a bag full of Cobras.... Well, not the putter... yet.

4 hours ago, Chester3488 said:

That is a great looking set up you got there.

BTW - I really like your towel. 👍😁👍

Yeah .....I've played a few VGA events.....veterans golf association and it just harkens back to my service time .....ARMY commo 83-86 

Meeting these guys has been a revelation!! It's a national organization that is getting bigger and bigger....

I was surprised to get the T200 with Modus 105 built, shipped and delivered in less than six weeks.  The weather's been crummy in Chicago, but I enjoyed the feel of the new irons the last few rounds.

:titelist-small: Linksmaster bag  

:titelist-small:  TSR3 11° Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6 stiff

:titelist-small:   TSi2 16.5° and 21° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7 stiff 

:titelist-small:  T200 Utility Build 22° Graphite Design Tour AD 85 HY stiff

:titelist-small:  2021 T200 5-P Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff

:vokey-small:  SM9 48.10F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff52.12F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 120 stiff and 58.10S Jet Black Premium True Temper AMT Black-Black Onyx S300

Scotty Cameron   2022 Special Select Jet Set Newport 34" 350g

ArccosSig.jpg.ebcfd079607adabd46a71d6125ee2ab6.jpg P3 sensor, Caddy Smart grips, and Apple Watch

:titelist-small:  ProV1x

So first round (9 holes) with the T300's of the year.  After geting the Mizuno Pro 223's early in the year, and the Wilson D9 Forged a few weeks ago, I gave each of those---well not a fair share, but a bit of a chacne. 

With a couple important rounds coming up this week, I took the T300 back out today to get the feel for them.  I have just one question.

Why, Why, Why am i even messing around playing any other iron.  These were last fall when I got them, the best irons I have hit in many years, and they still were today after sitting in my office the better part of the last 5 months.  

One thing I noticed today, that I probably knew before but had forgotten.   You know how those that love to play blades, say "They let you know exactly when you miss it'   Well these do too, but in a different way. 

I hit a few near perfect shots today with a 9 iron and a couple 6 irons.  They sounded as good as any players club out there upon impact and felt just as good, and most importantly flew high and far. 

Then Ihad a couple that at impact made a bit of a clack sound, something you'd expect form a big traditional SGI club.  And the resulting shot was definitely less distance that the soid ones.   Not really enough to get me in any serious trouble, but just came up maybe 10 yards or so short of thje green, or in once case barely on the fron fringe when it was a way back pin.

So you could tell via the sound they weren't hit pefectly and the resulting shot confirmed it.

So not near as harsh as feeling the sting all the way up your hands and arm when you mishit a blade or something in that category.

So I ask again, why would I even put any other irons in my bag 🙂

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Don't know.   Hit the T100 during players iron testing, T300 during GI,  and now hitting the T200 during players distance and they are amazing clubs.   Like you said...forgiving, great feel, a good looking.   So much better than Mizuno if my opinion means anything. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

Don't know.   Hit the T100 during players iron testing, T300 during GI,  and now hitting the T200 during players distance and they are amazing clubs.   Like you said...forgiving, great feel, a good looking.   So much better than Mizuno if my opinion means anything. 

Here I am....perfectly happy with my Mizzy's and you go and say something like that.....

Next thing ya know I'll be posting in the CHA's thread..... (not that that's a bad thing....)  🤑

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

19 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

Here I am....perfectly happy with my Mizzy's and you go and say something like that.....

Next thing ya know I'll be posting in the CHA's thread..... (not that that's a bad thing....)  🤑

It may not be you, but it is definitely me.   Mizuno and Cobra clubs aren't my favorites and I typically steer clear based on my results when I hit them during most wanted testing.   

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I am so hitting the "please pick me" button for the T200's.  I really like their cosmetic re-design, much better! 👏  In fact, the whole series makeover looks great.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

• 2 weeks later...

The Titleist rep was recently at my club, and I had the chance to hit the latest iterations of the T100S and the T200.  While they are very similar in terms of loft, they are much different in terms of feel and forgiveness.  Owing to a long, slow recovery from back surgery, my swing has suffered some bad habits trying to compensate, but it's getting better through a couple of lessons (so far).  Ready to move away from the GI category and into some better clubs.  My initial impression, once the fitter zeroed in on the best shaft for me, between the T100S and the T200.

I can definitely understand why a mid-handicapper would gravitate to a combo set between the two.  The T100S had exceptional feel and great looks.  Shorter irons launched beautifully, rewarding a good strike with that superb feedback.  The T200 had good looks and a little less feedback, but the longer irons (say, 6I and longer) were easier to get in the air to promote holding a green on descent.  Between the two, I actually found very little difference in distance with the same number club.  There seemed to be very little, if any, distance penalty if you opted for the better feel/less forgiveness T100S over the T200 (with the T200, the longer irons were just easier to get in the air, even if the strike wasn't perfect).  But the T100S was forgiving enough that I wasn't hitting massive hooks or slices if my clubface was slightly open or closed on contact.

Definitely considering a combo set once I get my swing a little more repeatable.

Mizuno ST200G driver, Diamana White stiff

Mizuno ST200 Tour Spoon 3 wood, Diamana White stiff

Titleist TSR 7 wood, stiff

Mizuno MP223 irons, 4-GW, Nippon Modus X-stiff

Edison Forged wedges, 55 and 59 degree, KBS Tour stiff

Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom 5s

On 4/20/2022 at 5:07 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

So first round (9 holes) with the T300's of the year.  After geting the Mizuno Pro 223's early in the year, and the Wilson D9 Forged a few weeks ago, I gave each of those---well not a fair share, but a bit of a chacne. 

With a couple important rounds coming up this week, I took the T300 back out today to get the feel for them.  I have just one question.

Why, Why, Why am i even messing around playing any other iron.  These were last fall when I got them, the best irons I have hit in many years, and they still were today after sitting in my office the better part of the last 5 months.  

One thing I noticed today, that I probably knew before but had forgotten.   You know how those that love to play blades, say "They let you know exactly when you miss it'   Well these do too, but in a different way. 

I hit a few near perfect shots today with a 9 iron and a couple 6 irons.  They sounded as good as any players club out there upon impact and felt just as good, and most importantly flew high and far. 

Then Ihad a couple that at impact made a bit of a clack sound, something you'd expect form a big traditional SGI club.  And the resulting shot was definitely less distance that the soid ones.   Not really enough to get me in any serious trouble, but just came up maybe 10 yards or so short of thje green, or in once case barely on the fron fringe when it was a way back pin.

So you could tell via the sound they weren't hit pefectly and the resulting shot confirmed it.

So not near as harsh as feeling the sting all the way up your hands and arm when you mishit a blade or something in that category.

I'm going to ask this of you when you get the next set of irons in your bag.  🤣 🤣

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Recently built a set of 2019 T100 irons and was surprised at their size and lack of offset. The short irons to my eye have less offset than my miura blades. Curious for those who have transitioned into the newest version of the T100, how do they compare to the 2019 model in regards to appearance at address??

So I ask again, why would I even put any other irons in my bag 🙂

Because you're a club connoisseur...in proper golf speak 😀🤣😅

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Agree with this, I switched back and forth with the mizunos JPX 900 HM and the T300s .. I pretty much can feel every miss I was calling them out during my lesson and the coach was like yep dead on... also I hit the T300s so much longer .. great iron. 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

10 hours ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Because you're a club connoisseur...in proper golf speak 😀🤣😅

MDGolfHacker

Connoisseur huh?   Well in that case I may or may not have a another “tasting” coming up 😬

So I kinda did a “thing” this week.  As much ss I have raved about these irons—rightfully so BTW, there is one club I just don’t like.   It’s the PW.  I don’t know what it is. But I have consistently hit it 10 to 15 yards shorter than any other PW I have.  I mean it was going the same distance as my GW in the d9 Forged.   Been that way from the start. 

So on a whim this week for my league round I took the PW out and replaced it with my D9 Foeged PW.  I know the loft is a couple degrees weaker.  Bit I was getting 105 or so out of it.  And right on target as well.  

It went so well I’m thinking of doing the same with the 9 iron and migjt even consider the 8.

Now that would be a combo set you wouldn’t see every day  ha 

10 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

So I kinda did a “thing” this week.  As much ss I have raved about these irons—rightfully so BTW, there is one club I just don’t like.   It’s the PW.  I don’t know what it is. But I have consistently hit it 10 to 15 yards shorter than any other PW I have.  I mean it was going the same distance as my GW in the d9 Forged.   Been that way from the start. 

So on a whim this week for my league round I took the PW out and replaced it with my D9 Foeged PW.  I know the loft is a couple degrees weaker.  Bit I was getting 105 or so out of it.  And right on target as well.  

It went so well I’m thinking of doing the same with the 9 iron and migjt even consider the 8.

Loft off? Seems odd for one club to be out of whack unless there is an issue with the club. 

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Loft off? Seems odd for one club to be out of whack unless there is an issue with the club. 

Could be I haven’t had it checked.  But it just has never felt solid either. I mean it’s a PW not a 4 iron. So should be able to hit it consistently. 

On 5/13/2022 at 9:09 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

And the 8, and the 7, and the 6 .... yep, there goes the entire set of T300's that were not supposed to come out of the bag.  Told you!  HAHAHA!  🤣

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

5 hours ago, golfinnut said:

And the 8, and the 7, and the 6 .... yep, there goes the entire set of T300's that were not supposed to come out of the bag.  Told you!  HAHAHA!  🤣

So, I might just keep them in not onlyh because they are great, but just so you can't claim you were right 🙂

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/24/2022 at 7:04 PM, TMAG-FIREMEDIC said:

Small update...... found a 50 GW to complete the set and NOW added KBS PGI shafts to the 4 and 5i for ease of launch .....these clubs aren't used often but still need to be confident inspiring vs avoidance....haven't been on course yet but excited for opportunity. 

Changed from PGI 75 into Nippon 950gh NEO regular and we have a winner!!! Flows easier with modus 105R in the rest of set..... can't wait to get next round under my belt!!

• 1 month later...
On 7/19/2022 at 12:56 PM, TMAG-FIREMEDIC said:

Changed from PGI 75 into Nippon 950gh NEO regular and we have a winner!!! Flows easier with modus 105R in the rest of set..... can't wait to get next round under my belt!!

Those Nippon shafts are awesome shafts.  Great choice.  Bob Vokey fitted me in that shaft for my 58 degree wedge at a fitting at Pinehurst.   

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 20.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 6-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1s (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

• 1 month later...

Now that these have been out a while, how is the plastic feeling back of the T200's holding up. Was recently in Scotland and of course our clubs were late. Played a demo set of T200s and they felt and performed fine but that backs of them were rough. Wondering if that was normal as I'm looking for a set and loved them, but don't want to spend $1,000 on a used set of clubs that end up looking like a $100 set. Thanks!