TESTERS WANTED! ×

Dogs on the golf course

I've seen some guys out on the golf course with their four-legged friend riding shotgun.  Any time I've seen it the dogs have always been really well behaved so it's never been a bother to me personally.  That said, I don't think you want the golf course turning into a full on dog park.  Wondering what everyone's thoughts are around dogs on the golf course.

My answer is pretty simple. I am all for it provided they are well behaved. When I worked at the course Apollo would always come with me and joined me several times for rounds. When I worked long days in the proshop he would just hang out with me and chill behind the desk and say hi to the odd person, but the majority didn't know he was even there. Again I have no issues with it provided they and their owners are responsible, don't let the dogs on the greens and make sure they do their jobs either in the woods as well as pick up after them. We have 3 dogs and Apollo is the only one I would ever bring as the others would just not be well suited to it, but Apollo I'll bring him as much as I'm allowed to!

IMG_20190716_081020.jpg

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

As long as the owner cleans up after the dog and the dog isn't running amok and disturbing other players, I have no issues with it on a small basis.  Of course, I could see problems if it were the norm.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Theres someone who brings his dog at our club, never had an issue with it, but was a bit surprised when he turned up with the dog for a comp. 

I do also wonder about how its urine will effect the grass, I have friends with patches all over their lawns because of the dog urine. 

:callaway-small:, Driver, Mavrik Max 10.5*, Aldila rouge white 60, XS flex

:mizuno-small:, 3 Wood, MX-700, S flex

:callaway-small:, 4 Hybrid, Mavrik Max, S flex

:Sub70: , 5-PW 699 Pro, KBS Tour S flex

:titelist-small:, Wedges, Vokey, 52*, 56*, 60*

:odyssey-small:, Putter, Stroke Lab Black #7

:titleist-small:, Pro V1

Golf courses need dogs. My favorite course always has at least two mutts hanging around the club house. At my home course the supers yellow lab is always running around. Even the CC I caddied at the super had a black lab that roamed the property with him. And I don't mind anyone bringing their dog out. 

Actually, what a great playing partner. Quiet and attentive, just happy to be with you.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I have no problems with it. I've seen a few out there with their owners and I can't say I've ever heard barking or seen dogs running around without their owner right there. As long as they're doing their business in the woods and not on the greens, it's no issues from me.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Not a problem as long as the owner keeps them leashed and cleans up after them.   There's not much the golf course can do if the owner claim them to be "Service Dogs".   

Taylormade SIM2 8* w/ Smoke RDX Blue 60 6.5

Callaway Mavrik SubZero 15* w/ Aldila Rogue White 70x

Taylormade Stealth 19* w/ RDX Smoke Red 70x

Mizuno MP 223 w/ Nippon 120 Stiff

Bettinardi  Studio Stock 28

I'm generally ok with it but If a course does allow it, there should be a VERY short leash (pun intended) for the owners.  If the dog barks or runs off then you're off the course.  No strikes, no warnings...just gone.  No refund. And they should have to sign something when starting stating they understand the rules. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub-Zero  Project X HZRDUS Smoke

3 Wood: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

3 Hybrid: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

4 Hybrid : image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M4 Stock Stiff Shaft

Irons: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg P790 (5I-AW) - 2 deg strong - Nippon Modus3 105 Gram/Stiff 

60 Degree Wedge: :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 - AMT Black/Stiff

54 Degree Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX Zip Core

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne Putter

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

Tracked by: :Arccos:

If they are well behaved, I'm great with it.  Our club doesn't allow them on premises, even on the patio so it's a no-go for ours.  

TM Sim2 Max  10.5

Ping G410 5 wood

Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

PXG Gen 5 0311P  5-gap

PXG forged 54 & 58 wedges

PXG Operator H w/ BGT Stability shaft

I'm not a dog lover, but have no issues with golfers taking their dogs around the course with them.  It's all down to the dog's behavior (same as people for that matter) if they are well behaved then what's the problem?

I would say any semi serious golfer would have enough understanding to just not take a dog that could be a problem anyway.  Lets face it they wouldn't want the distraction of having to keep it in check.

If they are well behaved, owner cleans up after them, etc, I have no problems with them.  My Boston would be happy as a clam sitting on the cart for the afternoon.  My lab/boxer on the other hand, he'd be chasing every bird and squirrel on the property haha

Admittedly, I do have a fear of one getting hit though 

Bag: Big Max Dri Lite Summit Black/Red
Driver: Callaway GBB Epic - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Green Small Batch "Hulk"
3 Wood: Callaway Epix Max - Aldila Ascent Red 
2 Iron: TaylorMade Stealth UDI - LA Golf A Series Hybrid
4-AW Irons: TaylorMade P790 - KBS Tour 120g Stiff (1/4" long, 2* upright)
54* & 58* Wedges: Callaway Jaws MD5
Putter: Mizuno M Craft I Blue
Ball: Vice Pro Plus