TESTERS WANTED! ×

Fitted for TSi3 Driver and shocked at the results!

I recently went to Ugolf in Dubuque, IA and was VERY impressed with the Driver fitting session ($150 for an hour, but if you buy that day the fitting fee is taken off your purchase).  Tristan (the owner) got me in on short notice and even gave me a few "lesson tips" to help our session go better.  At the end I was fitted into a TSi3 Mitsubishi AV Raw White 65g stiff shaft.  I was shocked at the numbers the TSi3 provided on the Trackman, I am not great at driving the ball and play with around a 12 handicap.  What I learned by going to a fitter is something I have NEVER read or heard online (anywhere).  My misses are usually a slice, but even (what I feel are) good shots tend to fade out to the right more than I would like.  I was currently gaming the TS2 with Hzrdus Smoke (low spin shaft) because of more "forgiveness", but what I learned from the fitting is that the TS2 (and most "forgiving" drivers) created too much spin for me.  That creation of spin from those "forgiving" heads were making my ok middle hits into bad fades or even slices because of 4,-5-6000 rpm spin rates.  The TSi3 cut my spins rates down by 2/3rds and was hitting straighter and straighter drives (The Callaway Epic Max LS was in the running too).  The last drive I hit on the Trackman with the TSi3 was only 2300 rpms (I hit over 6000 on the TS2), 168 mph ball speed for a total 299yrd drive (and SOLD).  I would have NEVER purchased a TSi3 on my own since I was thinking it was for "better players".  I say all this, so others may think about their driver choices and do not count out "low spin" drivers that are marketed for "better golfers"!  And as always...go see a fitter!

Edited by Lenge13
  • Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Mitsubishi AV Raw White 65g Stiff
  • 3 Wood:  :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback Hzrdus Smoke X-Stiff
  • Hybrid:  :titelist-small: 816H2 3H
  • Irons:  :Sub70: 699 Combo: 4 & 5 699, 6-AW 699 Pros S300 Stiff
  • Wedges:  :Sub70: 286 Forged 54 & 58
  • Putter: :odyssey-small: Tank 7
  • Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star

Classic example of why seeing someone that understands club fitting and seeing numbers on a launch monitor are so beneficial.    Thanks for sharing. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 hours ago, Lenge13 said:

I recently went to Ugolf in Dubuque, IA and was VERY impressed with the Driver fitting session ($150 for an hour, but if you buy that day the fitting fee is taken off your purchase).  Tristan (the owner) got me in on short notice and even gave me a few "lesson tips" to help our session go better.  At the end I was fitted into a TSi3 Mitsubishi AV Raw White 65g stiff shaft.  I was shocked at the numbers the TSi3 provided on the Trackman, I am not great at driving the ball and play with around a 12 handicap.  What I learned by going to a fitter is something I have NEVER read or heard online (anywhere).  My misses are usually a slice, but even (what I feel are) good shots tend to fade out to the right more than I would like.  I was currently gaming the TS2 with Hzrdus Smoke (low spin shaft) because of more "forgiveness", but what I learned from the fitting is that the TS2 (and most "forgiving" drivers) created too much spin for me.  That creation of spin from those "forgiving" heads were making my ok middle hits into bad fades or even slices because of 4,-5-6000 rpm spin rates.  The TSi3 cut my spins rates down by 2/3rds and was hitting straighter and straighter drives (The Callaway Epic Max LS was in the running too).  The last drive I hit on the Trackman with the TSi3 was only 2300 rpms (I hit over 6000 on the TS2), 168 mph ball speed for a total 299yrd drive (and SOLD).  I would have NEVER purchased a TSi3 on my own since I was thinking it was for "better players".  I say all this, so others may think about their driver choices and do not count out "low spin" drivers that are marketed for "better golfers"!  And as always...go see a fitter!

Curious if your spin numbers were down on the cobra radspeed driver? I had a similar setup and got fitted to the cobra with black smoke. I didnt get to try the tsi3  so i was curious how spin numbers compared if you remember?

WITB

A good example of assumptions on what forgiveness is and how ball flight laws, contact on the face and how a club is delivered play a role in all of it.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

3 hours ago, TG8 said:

Curious if your spin numbers were down on the cobra radspeed driver? I had a similar setup and got fitted to the cobra with black smoke. I didnt get to try the tsi3  so i was curious how spin numbers compared if you remember?

I’m sorry, I don’t remember exactly but I did hit the Cobra Radspeed and it was quick it did not stay in the running long!  Everything was back to TSi3 or Epic Max LS.  And the other factor was that Mitsubishi shaft is stock with Titleist!  Usually that shaft is a $250-300 upgrade.

• Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Mitsubishi AV Raw White 65g Stiff
  • 3 Wood:  :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback Hzrdus Smoke X-Stiff
  • Hybrid:  :titelist-small: 816H2 3H
  • Irons:  :Sub70: 699 Combo: 4 & 5 699, 6-AW 699 Pros S300 Stiff
  • Wedges:  :Sub70: 286 Forged 54 & 58
  • Putter: :odyssey-small: Tank 7
  • Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star

I had the same realization when I was fitted. I figured I would be a prime candidate for the pxg 0811 xf due to where my handicap is. I was surprised when they was the better fit. I have actually moved the weights to the front to reduce spin since (lessons changed my swing a bit). 

Great driver! Got the opportunity to test the TSi3 for MGS earlier this year and I was impressed by its performance as well! 

Getting fit for your clubs can truly make a very great impact on you game! 

BTW THIS IS POST 900! 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)