TESTERS WANTED! ×

What’s in your bag?

I would like to know what other golfers are putting in there bags how they like them and how they preform from other clubs the have had in the past I currently have titleist ts driver and three wood and cobra forged irons and wedges if you have any questions about the performance and feel of my clubs feel free to ask 

My bag currently has titleist ts4 driver titleist ts2 fairway wood a Srixon z h85 hybrid cobra  king forged cb&mb irons 4-pw cobra snakebite 50 degree wedge cobra mim wedges in 52 56 and 60 degrees and a Cleveland hunting beach putter 

The feel forgiveness and the workable of the cobra forged irons is amazing 

My bag currently has titleist ts4 driver titleist ts2 fairway wood a Srixon z h85 hybrid cobra  king forged cb&mb irons 4-pw cobra snakebite 50 degree wedge cobra mim wedges in 52 56 and 60 degrees and a Cleveland hunting beach putter 

How do they perform compared to other clubs that you have owned 

I purchased a set of Sub 70 699 Pro irons. I had them paired with the I-95 Steel fiber X-flex shaft.

Pros-

60 trial period

The face offers incredible forgiveness 

Clean look at address 

Great feel at impact

Very forgiving

Less offset than other irons that fall into the same category. 

As a high ball hitter, I very much appreciated the penetrating ball flight.

Amazing distance

Cons

Workability wasn't what I would hope for from a club with the label Pro. The sole design promoted a straight or right to left ball flight. The sole design makes the club very difficult to hit cut shots.

Over-all I am highly impressed with the 699 Pro. I think any company willing to offers a trial period on their equipment knows they have a winner.  The 699 Pro will check almost every box. Give Sub 70 a look. You will like what you see.

Cobra 9*SZ 44.5" Yellow Smoke X-flex 

Taylormade 13* RBZ Tour Pro Launch Red X-flex

Cobra Sz 2 baffler Tensei Proto TX-flex

Sub 70 4 UI Aerotech SteelFiber I-95 X-flex

Taylormade 5-PW P790 Aerotech SteelFiber I-95 X-flex

50, 54, 58 Cleveland RTX 4 Projext X 6.5

Evnroll ER1TS 370G 33.75"

PXG Gen 0311P irons, MMT 80 gram stiff (extra weight added to head d2 swing weight). 4-GP, PXG 3 iron bent to 17 degree with pro force, 75 gram iron shaft. Taylor made M6 Driver 9 degree stock Atmos Shaft. Ping g410 3 wood tour version stick shaft 15.5 degree, Ping 410 G 19 degree hybrid stock stiff shaft. Cleveland CB wedges 54 and 60. Cleveland putter. I’m 44 and play to a +1.6 index.  

Mostly Callaway products in bag now.  Epic Subzero driver (although just switched out driver shaft to 50gram Stiff-Evenflow and reallys like it); Maverick 3wk with 65s Evenflow shaft; Callaway RazrX 5w; Bobby Jones 21 degree Jessie Ortiz rescue (do swap out at times for Maverick Pro 4i); Maverick Pro Irons; Titleist SM5 54 & 60 degree wedges; Scotty Newport 2 putter. Tried Callaway wedges but went back to Titleist, really like feel & performance of Vokey wedges.   Also just switched out my iron grips to Superstroke Oversize 52gram and has made a difference in the feel of club, which I like.  

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

Currently my bag is Mizuno 921 Hot Metal Pro irons 4-PW, Taylormade Sim 2, 8 degree driver, Cobra Speedzone 15 degree fairway wood, Taylormade Hi Toe MG2 grind 60, TM 56 MG2, Cleveland Full Face RTX 52, and a Scotty Tei3 Newport putter. I have the 300 mini driver I’m testing that looks to be taking the cobra out of the bag so far. I’m interested in the T300 irons by Titleist after the reviews I’ve read. 

6 hours ago, Garyk1285 said:

I would like to know what other golfers are putting in there bags how they like them and how they preform from other clubs the have had in the past I currently have titleist ts driver and three wood and cobra forged irons and wedges if you have any questions about the performance and feel of my clubs feel free to ask 

Have played most brands on the market:  Ping, Callaway, Wilson Staff, Taylormade, Mizuno, Adams and finally settled on Titleist clubs a number of years ago.  This is my current setup as of yesterday with the addition of my new driver.    It is also about getting the correct shafts during your fitting.  My driver is a monster.  

Driver - Titleist TSi3 10.75* Fujikura Speeder 661 TR S

Fairway - Titleist TSi2F 16.5* Fujikura Motore Tour 84 Speeder 

Hybrid - Titleist 816h1 18* Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.8 HD 

Hybrid - Titleist 818h 21* Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.8 HD 

Irons - Titleist T300 5-53W True Temper AMT Red 107g-95gm R300

Wedges - Vokey SM7 58.12D Nippon NS Pro 950 GH R

Putter - Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback 2016 35"

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 20.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 6-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1s (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

I’ve tried Cobra, Callaway, Muzino, and Taylor Made clubs and a few others through the years, but always came back to Ping, both irons snd woods.  I do have a PXG putter after using a Scotty for many years, but I honestly believe that the make of club isn’t that important; the important thing is getting the club that works for you! 

Started playing late in life, but as I got older I found that golf is a much better activity than a lot of things old folks get into, plus I meet some of the nicest most interesting people!

I purchased Titleist Woods and irons last year--

TS1 Driver--9.5*  Stiff Graphite high flex point to keep ball down

TS2  4 and 5 metals.  Stiff Graphite high flex point

TS 21* Hybrid Stiff Graphite

T200 5 through gap wedge  Stiff Graphite

SM8 54* and 58*  X Graphite

TeI3 Scottie Cameron with Trillium insert--1997 model

Since I changed, my scores have brought my index back down to 7.2.  Over the past 5 years, I have lost distance and now at the age of 74, with new clubs, I am hitting ball better and straighter with the multi material shafts rather than straight graphite.  I also had a fitting that changed me from a standard lie to 2* flat.  That made a significant difference in ball flight and distance.  

I am slightly closer to the ball with a more vertical take away and come into the ball with an easier swing promoting a high draw. 

Titleist 704cb, vokey wedges and Titleist 917  9.5 , 13.5 and 19

I used to play Titleist tour model irons vintage 1980 until about 2005 and then tried Tommy Armour Evo and had same experience as Fred Couples.

I want a workable club. If I need a slight draw to back left, I want the ball to roll over. Back right, I want to cut it in.  It doesn't really matter to me if my 7 iron goes 150 and other say 175 or more. I want consistent ball flight.  If I trust my iron it doesn't matter if I have an 8 iron or a 4 iron in my hands. The ball will be on the right side of the green.

Driver FW - Titleist 917

Irons 4 to 8 - Titleist T300 2° flat

Irons 9 to wedges - George Nicoll Royal musclebacks 70s vintage

Putter - Scotty Cameron Select blackout

Playing with two bags right now:

Bag 1:  Vice Cruiser cart bag(Black & Lime); PXG 0211 Driver w/Evenflo Riptide regular shaft; Cobra King F8 3W(16*) 5W(20*) 3H(19*) w/ Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue regular shafts); Wilson Staff D-7 irons(5-PW with Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland Zipcore Wedges(50*/54*/58* with DG Spinner regular shafts) and EVNROLL ER2 putter

Bag 2:  Vice Cruiser cart bag(Olive & Grey); Cobra King F8 Driver w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue regular shafts; Bombtech 3W and 4H with regular shafts; Ben Hogan Viktr 3H(18* with Recoil ES regular shafts; Ben Hogan PTx irons(5-PW with Recoil 660 regular shafts); Ben Hogan Tk-15 Wedges(49*/53*/57*) with Recoil 660 regular shafts and Bellum-Winmore 707 putter

Bag 1 is used for primary play and Bag 2 when I just want to have fun, like when I play with my Grandsons.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

On 7/30/2021 at 11:38 AM, Garyk1285 said:

I think I'll make a post and @ you. I want to post pictures.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

2 hours ago, Inferno2ss said:

Sim 2 Max 9.0 Driver

Ping G410 Hybrids 17 and 19 degree

Srixon ZX7 Irons 4 thru Gap Wedge

Vokey SM8 56.10 and 60.04 Wedges

Evnroll ER11V Putter

How do you like the Srixon irons?

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

M3 440 driver with an orig Grafalloy Blue stiff. 

R15 3 wood with an orig Grafalloy Blue stiff.

3 and 4 hybrid, TaylorMade SLDR  

2019 Callaway Apex irons, 4 thru PW 

Sm5 Vokey 52 and 58 wedges 

My favorite driver of all time was my R580 with  Grafalloy Blue X (until I was 59). Kinda wish I had kept it.

My irons were 2009 xforged until this year.  To be honest, I think I hit them better than the Apex but I just got them a month ago and I had the old ones  for 10 years. And I really liked my x14 pro series, except for chipping.

Putter has remained my Odyssey white hot number 7 that I got brand new.

Swing speed has declined from 108 to 98 so I have lost 25 yds off the tee and 2 clubs with the irons.  But have kept the handicap at 6, up from 3

Edited by JohnFP

Driver , Taylormade Sim2 10.5, Hzrds black 6.0

3Wood, Taylormade R15, Hzrds blank 5.5

3Hybrid, Taylormade SLDR, Stock stiff shaft

Irons, 4 - P Callaway Apex 19 stiff tour elevate 

Wedges, 48, 52, 59 Vokey SM 6

Ball, Prov1x

On 7/31/2021 at 1:30 PM, DiscipleofPenick said:

How do you like the Srixon irons?

I love them, just got them about 2 weeks ago and played my 4th round with them yesterday.  Probably the best I have ever struck the ball hitting 15 of 18 greens in regulation.

Took a few rounds to get my distances dialed in but the feel and control is so much better than my Ping G400 irons.  

I am currently gaming the MB 20 HMB's with Aerotech SteelFiber i95 regulars.  Switched from Mizuno MP68's with DGS300 trying to chase some of the distance I lost with my swing speed reduction from my "youth" .  Having trouble finding the groove with them - seem to be hitting the ball all over the face - and even "flush" hits don't give me warm and fuzzys.  I am wondering about the regular shaft, and with the graphite shafts in the irons (first time I have gamed irons with graphite) but at the same time - I recognize that after a few years off - and 20 or so rounds back into playing more regularly - it is probably more due to poor mechanics, rather than equipment related.  Going to try a swing analysis at GolfTek next week - because I need more things to think about in my head during the swing ;).   Tim.

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

I also wanted to add that the Mizuno M Craft Putter is a thing of beauty.  Love that putter!

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1