TESTERS WANTED! ×

2021 MGS Fantasy Football

STUDque

13 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Getting passed like a dead animal on the side of the road for the bye week is a great feeling.

I know that feeling. Down 60 plus with 3 players left doesn't feel good.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

11 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I know that feeling. Down 60 plus with 3 players left doesn't feel good.

At risk of jinxing it... It looks like you and I should sneak through with the last two Byes. I need something like 3 more points in the 4th and you need 13 - hard to see that not happening with the guys we have playing, but we'll see...

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 8* (adjusted to 8.75*), Mitsubishi Diamana ZF 70 X Flex (New toy incoming!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Stealth2 Plus, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have 4-5 by the basement putting green that might make it in the bag at some point this year... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip

4 hours ago, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

At risk of jinxing it... It looks like you and I should sneak through with the last two Byes. I need something like 3 more points in the 4th and you need 13 - hard to see that not happening with the guys we have playing, but we'll see...

I was hopeful but honestly didn't think it was going to happen. Thank you Murray/Kupp and Prater for getting me 40 and 60 points I needed to pull out those wins. 

Managed to snag a bye in the playoffs which was goal 1 and now we see where the fantasy luck lies into the final weeks of the season. 

Fade Division be happy you were there, Draw Division was TOUGH! 4 teams with 500 or better records managed to miss out on playoffs with 5 teams all finishing at 20-8 to decide the last 3 bye week spots. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I was hopeful but honestly didn't think it was going to happen. Thank you Murray/Kupp and Prater for getting me 40 and 60 points I needed to pull out those wins. 

Managed to snag a bye in the playoffs which was goal 1 and now we see where the fantasy luck lies into the final weeks of the season. 

Fade Division be happy you were there, Draw Division was TOUGH! 4 teams with 500 or better records managed to miss out on playoffs with 5 teams all finishing at 20-8 to decide the last 3 bye week spots. 

Kupp is a hero. 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

1 hour ago, STUDque said:

Well that was a very exciting season and I'm sure the playoffs will crank it up a notch. Here's your updated playoff bracket:

1076083530_ScreenShot2021-12-14at6_26_20AM.png.1e42d5840a5f41c2ca0e211e95e8d8f1.png

Congrats to the 32 teams who advanced to our playoffs. Expect a dog fight from here. To the rest of the league who didn't make the playoffs: thanks for joining us, we hope to see you next year. If you've got an itch that can't be scratched, keep your eyes peeled for the Fantasy Golf league that'll be starting up soon.

As the old saying goes, Fantasy Football is the sport where people invest 300 hours a week for 6 months to earn their $10 buy-in back. The following 8 teams have secured at least that by earning a first round bye: @maisner@ChiefMikeOfficer@Scott33@GolfSpy_APH@Camcmart@Rwagn4@blackngold_blood@poprocksncoke

As a reminder, here's this seasons' $$ payouts:

• Miss Playoffs or get eliminated in the first round: $0 
  • Make it to Round 2, Semifinals: Refund $10 entry fee
  • Finish 4th in the Super Bowl: $100
  • Finish 3rd in the Super Bowl: $150
  • Finish 2nd in the Super Bowl: $200
  • Win Super Bowl: $10 entry + MGS Golden Ticket + FF Champ Badge
    • Golden Ticket is a free selection into any of the Official MGS Tests for 2022
    • Champ can defer prize to 2nd place (or further) in lieu of $$ payout IF the recipient accepts the trade

To those playing this week in the first round, you'll need to go 2-0 to advance. Good luck to all (except those I'm playing against 🙂 ).

I will take this as personal attack @STUDque , no mercy. 
#sweeptheleg 

30 minutes ago, HeathS16 said:

I will take this as personal attack @STUDque , no mercy. 
#sweeptheleg 

Better sweep hard to knock down these tree trunks! 

I don’t know why I’m surprised that I have 2 tough matchups with you and @mwr57. It’s the playoffs after all lol. Looks like I’m gonna be up late Monday night cheering for the ground game with both of my RBs going. #drama

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

2 hours ago, STUDque said:

As the old saying goes, Fantasy Football is the sport where people invest 300 hours a week for 6 months to earn their $10 buy-in back. The following 8 teams have secured at least that by earning a first round bye: @maisner@ChiefMikeOfficer@Scott33@GolfSpy_APH@Camcmart@Rwagn4@blackngold_blood@poprocksncoke

Dolla Dolla Bills GIFs | Tenor

Glad I snuck in for the last spot -- the week off might actually give me hope (a couple late-game injuries this week would likely lead to me bowing out in round 1...)

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 8* (adjusted to 8.75*), Mitsubishi Diamana ZF 70 X Flex (New toy incoming!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Stealth2 Plus, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have 4-5 by the basement putting green that might make it in the bag at some point this year... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip

gonna need a Miracle to pull off a first round upset!  Although I guess it's good that one of my opponents also has Lamar Jackson as his QB... 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

3 hours ago, STUDque said:

Well that was a very exciting season and I'm sure the playoffs will crank it up a notch. Here's your updated playoff bracket:

1076083530_ScreenShot2021-12-14at6_26_20AM.png.1e42d5840a5f41c2ca0e211e95e8d8f1.png

Congrats to the 32 teams who advanced to our playoffs. Expect a dog fight from here. To the rest of the league who didn't make the playoffs: thanks for joining us, we hope to see you next year. If you've got an itch that can't be scratched, keep your eyes peeled for the Fantasy Golf league that'll be starting up soon.

As a reminder, here's this seasons' $$ payouts:

• Miss Playoffs or get eliminated in the first round: $0 
  • Make it to Round 2, Semifinals: Refund $10 entry fee
  • Finish 4th in the Super Bowl: $100
  • Finish 3rd in the Super Bowl: $150
  • Finish 2nd in the Super Bowl: $200
  • Win Super Bowl: $10 entry + MGS Golden Ticket + FF Champ Badge
    • Golden Ticket is a free selection into any of the Official MGS Tests for 2022
    • Champ can defer prize to 2nd place (or further) in lieu of $$ payout IF the recipient accepts the trade

To those playing this week in the first round, you'll need to go 2-0 to advance. Good luck to all (except those I'm playing against 🙂 ).

I’m just happy I get my money back! Woohoo!

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: 10.5* XR16 R Flex

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha V-Series 3 Wood R Flex

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 913H 21* R flex

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: C300 4-PW R Flex

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: :cleveland-small: 2135 Cero 33" / :odyssey-small: EXO Seven S 33"

Just as a note to everyone who may have noticed, yes the bracket was shifted slightly to flip the 5th seed pod and the 6th seed pod. This was done to give me the best possible chance to a title,  No, I actually noticed that the seedings were off this afternoon when I saw the bracket as it should be seed 1,4,5,and 8 grouped together on one side and seed 2,3,6 and 7 on the other. Nothing else changed, just those positions.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

1 hour ago, Berg Ryman said:

Just as a note to everyone who may have noticed, yes the bracket was shifted slightly to flip the 5th seed pod and the 6th seed pod. This was done to give me the best possible chance to a title,  No, I actually noticed that the seedings were off this afternoon when I saw the bracket as it should be seed 1,4,5,and 8 grouped together on one side and seed 2,3,6 and 7 on the other. Nothing else changed, just those positions.

I mean if we are changing brackets, can #24 enter the playoffs as a out of the deck wildcard?

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

6 hours ago, STUDque said:

Better sweep hard to knock down these tree trunks! 

I don’t know why I’m surprised that I have 2 tough matchups with you and @mwr57. It’s the playoffs after all lol. Looks like I’m gonna be up late Monday night cheering for the ground game with both of my RBs going. #drama

Should be a fun head to head!! I hope my guys stays competitive!

Appreciate all your work in getting this together, it’s been a welcome distraction from a CRAZY semester. I know you and @Berg Ryman put some time and effort into this.

*sorry if I didn’t mention someone else who has helped* 

Good luck to everyone! 

On 11/23/2021 at 9:53 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Not specific to any of our leagues, but more out of curiosity. Who do you all listen to for fantasy advice? Are there specific podcasts, sites or rankings that you use over others and why? I enjoy the CBS podcasts, they are fun, pretty light and just enjoyable to listen to, plus they have several different people on each week to give you a variety of thoughts and opinions. I'm sure there are many others that are great and would be keen on hearing who you may think give the best advice?

Better late then never…

I’ve listened to Fantasy Focus on ESPN w/ Matthew Berry and Field Yates. Berry is quite a lot at times but if you can get past his shenanigans and constantly talking about his teams, they do give some really good insight and seem to be on it with updates and breaking news. Since I’ve started playing fantasy I’ve listened to them season after season and have made the playoffs every year, and finishing in the top 2 or winning it multiple times through the years. I’m in to deep now with their inside jokes and what not to stop listening and but addition to the first two, Stephanie Bell and Mike Clay provide great information and analytics with helping set lineups and determine matchups. And it’s an easy listen through podcast form on the ride home from work during the season. 

:nike-small: Sasquatch Sumo 2

LaJolla (LJC Golf) Tungsteel 3w

:mizuno-small: TZoid 5w

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW irons

:vokey-small: 53* & 58* Wedges

:odyssey-small: Lab Stroke 2 Ball Fang

:srixon-small: Z-Star balls

:Arccos: Tags

On 12/6/2021 at 6:05 PM, STUDque said:

I usually try to get that going before the new year. Stand by. 

Definitely interested in trying that out! Heard great things about it from @blackngold_blood!

On 12/7/2021 at 10:29 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Draw Division Congrats to these teams for securing their playoff births. Even though seeding and the final 4 spots are still very much up for grabs!
Screenshot 2021-12-07 17.20.41.png

In Draw we also have 8 teams who could make the final 4 spots... looks like it could come down to points scored for the final spot as well!
Screenshot 2021-12-07 17.23.12.png

Fade we have 13 teams who secured their rights into the playoffs.

Screenshot 2021-12-07 17.28.27.png

Leaving a few spots open for some change

Screenshot 2021-12-07 17.26.21.png

Holy crap I made it! I am/was in battle mode trying to pick up as many Ws to get in.

Was really hoping to go 2-0 this week but James Conner had other plans! He was in a proposal to me earlier this year and I was dead set on Edmonds, lmao! 🤦‍♂️ 

28 minutes ago, Crossroads Golf said:

Holy crap I made it! I am/was in battle mode trying to pick up as many Ws to get in.

Was really hoping to go 2-0 this week but James Conner had other plans! He was in a proposal to me earlier this year and I was dead set on Edmonds, lmao! 🤦‍♂️ 

I think we have all had those moments lol

11 hours ago, Crossroads Golf said:

Might end up working out for you in the end -- I've been riding the Conner train most of the year, but he might be going out and Edmonds might be coming back soon...

Not the best playoff look for me: 

image.png.e2268846b5f5a41380bf3a85da87f3f3.png

3 hours ago, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

Might end up working out for you in the end -- I've been riding the Conner train most of the year, but he might be going out and Edmonds might be coming back soon...

At least from what I've hear or read it looks like Conner and Ekeler will be back and won't miss time.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

3 hours ago, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

True, Edmonds needs to get cleared though. Maybe they’ll just swap out. Edmonds started the year then Connor tugged the middle and Edmonds will finish it off! 🤞 😬 

There are some stellar teams. Was going through my section of the bracket and I think I know who I would put money on to get through, but wow the matchups this and next are going to be so tough. Almost makes it less stressful knowing that the teams will be so good and that I won't have the same expectations. Good luck to all this week and let the grind continue!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

15 hours ago, Crossroads Golf said:

True, Edmonds needs to get cleared though. Maybe they’ll just swap out. Edmonds started the year then Connor tugged the middle and Edmonds will finish it off! 🤞 😬 

Now that Urban is out maybe that will revert Robinson the pumpkin back to his normal self!

Well @STUDque that didn’t take long. 😂 See y’all next year! 

9 hours ago, HeathS16 said:

Well @STUDque that didn’t take long. 😂 See y’all next year! 

Not so fast there. Still a lot of football to be played this week. Mr Kupp scares me. Projections are still calling this basically a coin flip. 

11 minutes ago, STUDque said:

Not so fast there. Still a lot of football to be played this week. Mr Kupp scares me. Projections are still calling this basically a coin flip. 

Indeed lots to play. Kupp needs to be my savior again. What a performance by Kelce …really turned it up that second half. 

I'm really hoping this is just the start for Kelce after his lackluster few weeks. Also hoping that this isn't the best week my team is putting together when they aren't actually even playing because of the bye. Just hoping this is their warmup for the real show! With the 4 starters I would have cleared 110 points!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Put this in the Slack space but I’ll post it here too:

No one will be able to put in waiver claims next week since no one has matchups set yet; we’re non-playoff teams in Fantrax’s eyes. The Tuesday game finishing out our week means matchups will be set Wednesday; no waivers run. Will force all players back to waivers, then set matchups, and only go with waivers on Thursday. If that makes sense. 

Also, we’re not going to make any special additional accommodations with all these COVID pops and games moving around. Pay attention to the updates, prepare for contingencies, manage your benches, and use that IR slot. It’s the playoffs after all, earn it. 

On 12/17/2021 at 9:07 AM, HeathS16 said:

Indeed lots to play. Kupp needs to be my savior again. What a performance by Kelce …really turned it up that second half. 

This is really turning out to be a juggernaut matchup. In a weird week of all things. I hate it lol. 

Dalvin + Monty + 18

vs

Kupp + DK

Flip that coin, let’s see what it lands on.  Winner is the #1 pts this week. Loser goes home. 😢 

32 minutes ago, STUDque said:

This is really turning out to be a juggernaut matchup. In a weird week of all things. I hate it lol. 

Dalvin + Monty + 18

vs

Kupp + DK

Flip that coin, let’s see what it lands on.  Winner is the #1 pts this week. Loser goes home. 😢 

IDK, I like your chances.  Fournette was really closing the gap last night until that crazy helicopter run in the 3rd. Him and P Fry going down really hurt my chances of cutting into that Kelce lead! 

Only reason I holding much hope is that Lockett, atm, is not playing which helps DK but Ramsey was cleared yesterday.  On the upside for you, Cook will be going against a very depleted Bears DST as they added 6 more to the C19 list yesterday. I didn't even realize we are vying for top score this week! This has been a fun matchup!