2021 MGS Fantasy Football

STUDque

30 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Look, I'm going to put this out there, this isn't like a commissioner message, a gripe or anything else, just an observation from someone watching on in both slack-jawed amazement and continued enraged bafflement.

I don't want to hear anyone saying when @blackngold_blood has a good record and is making a playoff run about how good a manager he is this time. He torpedoed his draft, has no FAAB to spend, and yet people continue to engage with the man in trade talks so he can continue to basically tank his draft and roster knowing he can get away with it because you all want to be wheelers and dealers...

I get it, fantasy football is a long slog and sometimes patience isn't everyone virtue, but you had one of the better fantasy minds on this board at a huge disadvantage and then you let him off the hook for no reason other than your own want to try and upgrade and @blackngold_blood, to his credit, does the best Sun Tzu impression of any fantasy player I've ever seen finding opportunity in any bit of chaos.

You could have had him dead to rights and yet, like the Road Runner, he continues to turn our owners into his personal Wyle E. Coyote's. It is impressive and annoying at the same time.

• Haha 2

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

33 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I will say that (I know this wasn't possible), but had waivers been sooner we would have seen a lot different situation. Rosters would have been filled and teams wouldn't have felt the need to do some of the trades which they have done. The good (and bad) thing is goodness only knows what can and will happen with injuries and the like so truly nobody has won it or for that matter is out of it yet. 

100% correct Jaime, 100%. And again, this is not a post attacking Mark or those who trade with him. I understand, you feel like you're seeing an advantage and getting something good for your team and I applaud you for taking advantage of that.

It's just that drafting, in my mind, is one of the important skills of fantasy team construction, and I know @blackngold_blood is a good drafter, I've seen him do it. To see him take something I find myself taking pride in my ability to do well and basically making a mockery of it because he can get whatever he wants from other teams in both really interesting from a fantasy strategy perspective and immensely frustrating from a fantasy competition perspective at the same time. It is his ying and yang and must be acknowledged for how good he is at it.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX119 18* Hybrid, Project X Evenflow Blue, 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: Hi Toe Raw 48* (bent from 50*), 53* (bent from 54*), and 58*, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

SIK Golf Flo-C

:titelist-small: Pro V1X, 2021 Model, #33

22 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

And again, this is not a post attacking Mark or those who trade with him.

If not attacking, it's a bit insulting.  Trading with him doesn't make me naive or short-sighted, or maybe it does...time will tell.  But, while this is admittedly only my third foray into an MGS fantasy league, I didn't expect to read "look at this idiot" critiques of my roster moves here.

• Sad 1

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, Mitsubishi MMT 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: SIM DHY 4H, Diamana Limited Hybrid 75g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL:ER7B 

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

5 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

If not attacking, it's a bit insulting.  Trading with him doesn't make me naive or short-sighted, or maybe it does...time will tell.  But, while this is admittedly only my third foray into an MGS fantasy league, I didn't expect to read "look at this idiot" critiques of my roster moves here.

@Getoffmylawn, I am not singling out anyone for trading and although you were the most recent trader, it's not my intention to draw attention to your trade or anyone else. To be honest, I don't really care how people go about constructing your rosters, what you do is what you do. FWIW, I actually like your deal, it's pretty balanced, as are most of the other deals. No deal so far has been so out of control to raise suspicion and if my posts could be read as critiquing or insulting I apologize for them as that was not my intent and I am sorry if I made you feel that way.

Personally, and again, I'm speaking only for myself here, not any other commissioners or any other players, I think having 9 trades for players done in this league before waivers run tomorrow and still 2 days away from the first snap is a crazy number. I get not being happy with your team after the draft and the want to tinker, but shouldn't you want to at least see what you have before making a deal?

Maybe I'm old school in this way of thinking, not more of a daily type player or maybe I'm just a fantasy dinosaur and you guys are the future and I'll have to catch up. We're all human, we all have our biases. With that, I say, on to waivers tomorrow, get your bids in and remember. Save all changes to your priority sheet, if you don't you can end up with weird priorities if you delete players from the list.

• Like 1

:taylormade-small: Hi Toe Raw 48* (bent from 50*), 53* (bent from 54*), and 58*, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

SIK Golf Flo-C

Alright folks let’s just get this out there right now. I do not take anything Ryan is saying as an insult or an attack. (Others may but I won’t speak for them). 
As far as screwing up the draft or treating it like it doesn’t matter, that is and will never be my intention. Some may believe I did screw up my draft with my deal but I did what I did because I couldn’t make the whole draft and don’t trust auto draft for anything. Turns out I was right as it drafted me 3 QBs (2 out which weren’t in my queue) while at the same time not giving me players that were. Had I gotten the 2 players instead of the QBs I may not have done the moves I did.  I stated this in my post before the trading began.  

I will also say that this is part of the fun for me.  I enjoy trying to make moves/trades to set me up for success.  Fantasy sports are boring for me with a set it and forget it strategy.  If you don’t want to trade with me no harm no foul  I won’t lose any sleep over it just as you won’t.  

After all this is just for fun.  I do take it seriously and probably more so than others but at the end of the day, it’s just fantasy sports.  

Maybe I’ll just sit back and worry about my other leagues.  The last thing I want to do is ruin it for anyone else.  

• Like 3

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

2 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

@Getoffmylawn, I am not singling out anyone for trading and although you were the most recent trader, it's not my intention to draw attention to your trade or anyone else. To be honest, I don't really care how people go about constructing your rosters, what you do is what you do. FWIW, I actually like your deal, it's pretty balanced, as are most of the other deals. No deal so far has been so out of control to raise suspicion and if my posts could be read as critiquing or insulting I apologize for them as that was not my intent and I am sorry if I made you feel that way.

Personally, and again, I'm speaking only for myself here, not any other commissioners or any other players, I think having 9 trades for players done in this league before waivers run tomorrow and still 2 days away from the first snap is a crazy number. I get not being happy with your team after the draft and the want to tinker, but shouldn't you want to at least see what you have before making a deal?

Maybe I'm old school in this way of thinking, not more of a daily type player or maybe I'm just a fantasy dinosaur and you guys are the future and I'll have to catch up. We're all human, we all have our biases. With that, I say, on to waivers tomorrow, get your bids in and remember. Save all changes to your priority sheet, if you don't you can end up with weird priorities if you delete players from the list.

No worries @Berg Ryman...will be a fun season as always.

• Like 2

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, Mitsubishi MMT 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: SIM DHY 4H, Diamana Limited Hybrid 75g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL:ER7B 

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

COMMISSIONER'S NOTES

1) Waivers run tomorrow at 3 pm. Get your bids in ASAP to fill your roster

2) For attempted tampering and general terrible behavior, @Berg Ryman has been fined 2 weeks pay by the commissioners office and forced to complete other duties before reinstatement to his position.

3) In his stead, upstanding citizen Jerry Jones, owner of America's Team, has been selected to replace him as commissioner. When asked for quote, Mr. Jones rubbed his hands together and exclaimed, "Excellent"

• Haha 8

SIK Golf Flo-C

53 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Imo, I wouldn't take this as Berg calling you or anyone else an idiot. But it is frustrating to see a team that is a perennially in the hunt, being bailed out of what could've been a potentially season killing draft. Not only being bailed out, but bailed out before both the first week AND waivers running.

That's nothing if not a compliment to @blackngold_blood and his ability to get a deal done. I've said it once and I'll say it again. Trading is 100% a skill. A skill that BnG possesses in a big way. The last few days have been a masterclass in trading.

My way of looking at it, is that y'all just let one of the biggest wolves in the forest back in the hunt. So hope whatever deal you made with said wolf is worth it. Personally, I wouldn't have dug him out of his hole just yet, but that's my strategery and its obviously different from y'alls!

(Yes for the record I've traded with him in the past and will do so again in the future. Again, he's good at making deals)

• Like 4

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I hate seeing BnG make trades...because I've seen what he has accomplished in golf. Mad respect for his hustle! Just dont like seeing his All Pro lineup by season's end. It's a work of art what he ends up accomplishing! 

:taylormade-small: M2 Driver 

:taylormade-small: M2 3 Wood or  :ping-small: G410 7 Wood

:taylormade-small: 3 Hybrid or :ping-small: G Crossover 3i
:ping-small:  G410 5i-GW (White Dot, Stiff)  
:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth (54, 58) and sometimes will add a :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 (62)

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Anser 
:918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Range Finder 

I've never been so confused on what to do for Defense in fantasy football, haha. I have zero strategy for it, the New England DST is projected 9.48 points this week but only 13.4 for the season! I've been told there is an issue with scoring because points should be higher than usual and then I've been told the points are correct.

Does anybody have any type of strategy for DST? I don't want to spend a lot of Claim Budget on one because there are some solid defenses that are projected negative points each week. I feel like we're better off not rostering a DST, haha.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
3 Wood: :cobra-small: SpeedZone 14.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.0
3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2017 CLK 19° Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB Stiff
4 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 22° Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Stiff
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged 5-9, JPX 921 Tour PW Project X LZ 6.0 Blackout Edition
Wedges: Edison Forged 49°, 53°, 57°
Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 34"
Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

GPS: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch (Thanks MGS!)

12 minutes ago, Josh Ross said:

I've never been so confused on what to do for Defense in fantasy football, haha. I have zero strategy for it, the New England DST is projected 9.48 points this week but only 13.4 for the season! I've been told there is an issue with scoring because points should be higher than usual and then I've been told the points are correct.

Does anybody have any type of strategy for DST? I don't want to spend a lot of Claim Budget on one because there are some solid defenses that are projected negative points each week. I feel like we're better off not rostering a DST, haha.

Trust me, you want a DST on your roster. There is some kind of hiccup with projections but you need to know this, just having a team that you think will win a game is worth 5 points. Now, we've done some studying as to average yards and average scores allowed which may be why you see some weird stuff because I don't think Fantrax has caught up to these projections.

My strategy, I'm thinking of streaming a lot this season, or maybe lucking into an early team since I missed out on the high end defenses (LA, Tampa, WFT, Pitt, B'More, Miami even). Just have to trust my gut I'll be right more often than not.

• Like 1

SIK Golf Flo-C

22 minutes ago, Josh Ross said:

I won’t be spending any FAAB money on kickers/Defense. Weekly drops most likely like @Berg Ryman said

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver

:adams-small: GT Tight Lies 3 & 5 wood

:taylormade-small: SLDR AW - 4 iron S flex

:cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 RTX 588 56°

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 08M 60°

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

Just a heads up to the people new to Fantrax or those that forgot with golf, Fantrax seems to struggle with handling claims with multiple copies of players so don't be surprised if you outbid someone for a player and still don't get them. It happened a few times in golf but the issue we saw the most was that it completely ignored your order of priority. The only way to avoid this is to only submit one claim. Waivers is gonna be nuts tomorrow!

• Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
3 Wood: :cobra-small: SpeedZone 14.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.0
3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2017 CLK 19° Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB Stiff
4 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 22° Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Stiff
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged 5-9, JPX 921 Tour PW Project X LZ 6.0 Blackout Edition
Wedges: Edison Forged 49°, 53°, 57°
Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 34"
Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

GPS: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch (Thanks MGS!)

12 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I will say that (I know this wasn't possible), but had waivers been sooner we would have seen a lot different situation. Rosters would have been filled and teams wouldn't have felt the need to do some of the trades which they have done. The good (and bad) thing is goodness only knows what can and will happen with injuries and the like so truly nobody has won it or for that matter is out of it yet. 

I’ve never seen waivers this close to the first game….it’s crazy.

I think I’m the only team in the league that hasn’t done a trade 😂

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

48 minutes ago, TBT said:

I’ve never seen waivers this close to the first game….it’s crazy.

I think I’m the only team in the league that hasn’t done a trade 😂

There are a lot of teams that have yet to trade which is all good! Definitely not something that is for everyone. I made most my moves before the draft and one after. I have a few offers out there, but I'm happy with my roster and won't be going crazy because I've constructed a solid team so far which should be okay? 

That being said I am still open to offers and will do my best to either counter OR give a reason in the comments why I did't accept the deal. I still would like to buy a WR4, but feel more will options and so on will come from waivers.

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

Minor oversight. Waivers were meant to run this morning at 3am, not this afternoon at 3pm. Change made, check your rosters for your new players. 

• Like 4

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

18 hours ago, Josh Ross said:

Stream defense all season. Find matchups against garbage offenses. 

• Like 1

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

Interesting notes from first round of spending.

13 players spent no money, although one of them, @blackngold_blood had no money to spend. The man who spent the most was @frankast23, spending over half his budget ($77) to fill out his roster. Average spend across the league was 13.55, round up to 14 if you wish. If you factor out those who did not spend, you're looking at an average spend of 17.46, again round how you wish.

The most expensive player was Tyrell Williams in Detroit, who went for 32 dollars. Other expensive acquisitions were Sony Michel who went twice, once for 31 and once for 30, Nyhiem Hines for 31, Austin Hooper for 30, and Marquez Callaway who went for 27 dollars

• Like 5

SIK Golf Flo-C

@Berg Ryman Can we trade draft picks on the Circus league?

I am trying to move up and pick up the Detroit Kitty Cats defense

My Reviews:

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Work in Progress... Stix Golf - Wood and Putter set unofficial review.

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft. :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, with UST  Mamiya Recoil 65 DART F3 Graphite shafts. Wedges  :vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, PutterTommy Armour 2019 Impact 3 TA 2021 Impact 2. Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.:SuperSpeed: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg