Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Driver: Taylormade R15 with R flex shaft. This was given to my recently, haven't hit much with it yet.

4hybrid - Taylormade Sim2 Rescue

Irons: Taylormade Sim2 Max OS 5-PW

52 deg: Sub70 286 forged wedge black

56 deg: Nike SV Wedge

Putter: Yes! Tiffany putter with SuperStroke grip

Context: Used to play a decent amount in the mid to late 2000s but stopped after moving to a different area in 2010. At best I was +20 handicap. Played about 1-2 times a year since then until now and picking it back up. I was gaming with used cleveland irons and decided to rehaul my entire bag (including the bag) to take advantage of all the new advancements in the last 10+ years. I went to Club Champion to get fitted and came away with the TM Rescue and TM Sim2 Max OS's.  I don't know if it was the wise order of operations, but i've started to take lessons after getting the new clubs. These are my first lessons ever, and i'm changing everything from grip/stance/setup since the one i had was only working cuz i was younger and able to muscle my way through shots. 

Quick review of my equipment according to me 🙂 

Putter - I like it? Didn't even realize Yes! went out of business until recently. The weighted SS grip helps me a lot. 

Nike SV Wedge - have had this forever. I've since gone down from S flex to R flex shafts across my other clubs, but this is still on a S shaft. I'm still able to work it, though it also feels a bit heavy for me now. 

Sub 70 286 Forged Wedge - Meh at first, but after playing with it more i prefer this to my 56 now. The weighting fits me a lot better and I feel i have much more control using this club. 

Sim2Max OS - These are pretty darn forgiving. Sometimes I hit what i think are good shots and I look down and realize it was a toe strike. These irons have more offset than I'm used to, so I'm still adjusting to it. I hit them so well in my fitting though. 

Sim2 Rescue - I love this one and it's saved my butt quite a few times. This is generally what i use off the tee box as well since the courses i play on dont force me to carry much. Since I'm in "get better mode" i want to force myself to play with irons so not always looking to hit it too far off the box and leave myself with shots that make me use my longer irons. 

R15 - Have yet to really use this, so we'll see.

IMG_1333.jpg

rx1232