TESTERS WANTED! ×

PXG full bag my thoughts

Shawn90gt

Okay, so I’m that guy that dropped a lot of cash on these clubs to not have them six months later. 

To begin, honestly part of this was probably on me too as much as the fitter. Let me say that I had just recovered from injuring my ankle. I was rusty to say the least seeing as my fitting was in November. 

1.) The irons, I was fit into the 0311P irons with the Dynamic Gold 120g stiff flex shaft. I also had a milled wedge the Zulu and Romeo to wound out the iron set. They were amazing on the fitting day off a mat in a heated bay hitting to an outside range. Long, straight, and stupid forgiving. I had shots that had no business flying straight and 165 doing just that. To say the least the irons were the easiest part of the fitting. The wedges are equally as amazing. Fast forward to spring, I’ve played several rounds with the irons and wedges, but with my swing coming back to form the shaft was a noodle to me. I reshafted all the irons and wedges into the KBS C-Tapers x-flex. It was on my dime, but PXG covered the lie adjustments. Honestly the wedges and irons are as good as any you can play. The reason I left the irons was mostly due to the customer service when I asked for the spec check that comes with the  PXG clubs. It doesn’t cover shaft changes. 

2.) The driver, well I wanted to love the KaBoom driver so much that I ended up buying and trying 2 different ones. I started with the PXG 0811x Gen 2, on the Fitting day it was smoking my gamer which was the Epic Subzero. It was a good 10-15 yards longer, and straight I hadn’t dispersion that good since my early 20’s. I thought I had stumbled upon Thor’s hammer folks. Well, I eagerly awaited the day the shiny black box showed up. When it did, it was okay off the range, but not the boom stick I remembered! Needless to say I was disappointed. I went back to my local club where my pro had arranged the fitting, and we went back to his track man and the numbers were night and day. He arranged for the fitter to comeback. When he arrived I was told that my swing was the change not the club, and was promptly fit into the new latest and greatest at the time Proto driver the plus version. Again I awaited it with anticipation. In the mean time I traded for a Sim driver. Long story short, the Sim destroyed the Proto on distance, and even accuracy which for me was what I was chasing, was about the same with the two heads. The difference being that I was spinning the Sim less which is what I needed. I even tried determining if this was a shaft issue, and since my Proto came with the Evenflow white, I borrowed one from my local clubs fitting cart snd gave it a whirl. Turns out I found my new boom stick the TM Sim with the Evenflow white. I traded the Proto for a Scotty putter. The skytrak that I have showed I was hitting around 2500 spin on the Sim and about 3200 on the Proto by PXG. All that to say that the driver is PXG’s weakness. 

3.) The 0341 fairway woods are legit. First fairway wood I have carried in years. I’m getting older, so now I needed the added distance off the fairway as my driver is leaving me shorter. I need to find Phil’s miracle in a bottle distance with age. I have had several of the fairway woods from PXG in this bag it was the Gen 2 0341x 3 wood and 5 wood I think the fitter gave. I used the 5 wood in the summer and the 3 wood in the winters on longer holes. They lift off the ground with ease, and the turf interaction is nothing short of amazing. I found confidence again with a fairway wood. Just like the irons it was an easy sell. Unlike the driver, the irons and the fairway wood more than exceeded my expectations. Honestly, I traded my 3 wood to a guy who had the Gen 1, 2 wood and a putter I wanted to try. The Gen 1, fairway wood was actually better for me than the Gen 2 stuff. I still own the Gen 1, 2 wood to this day. It is a club I tend to go back to when I get the yippes with my fairway woods.  My spin, distance, and dispersion was better with these clubs than even what I currently game. I have been tinkering with the cobra speed zone and a TM mini driver 300 to replace the PXG. However, I have not sold that part of the bag. It is the last man standing from my PxG adventure. 

4.) Putter. Well, this one is unique. I had a couple of the putters as well. I bought the bat attack Gen 1 from PXG, and then the Mustang Gen2, both were okay putters. The insert on the Gen 1 putters I could never get used to the soft feel and sound. The Gen 2 putters while better, honestly fell victim to my usual putter the Scotty Tei3 that I’ve games since it was new. I could just never get adjusted to the distance with the PXG putters. I do think that the PXG Gen 2, putters are an improvement from Gen 1, but maybe it was personal preference from putting with the same stick for so long, or a perceived Scotty is better, but I never fell into love with them. I wanted to. I went as far as buying the Gen 2 Operator putter. When this black box showed up, well this is when my wife informed me that me trying to make myself love a company wasn’t worth what I was having to spend to make it work. While I love the idea behind the company, and the way it takes care of the Vets., I just got tired of trying to buy different clubs to make them work for me. 

The Conclusion, PXG is an amazing iron, wedge, and fairway wood club maker. I would say as long as the fitting is done and you are fresh, it’s the best your money can buy. The driver will look amazing for you at the fitting, but it seems the ones they ship aren’t the same quality as you demo at the fitting. Some guys get ones that are rockets I assume because they work for their swing, or it’s more of quality control at the manufacturing process. The drivers and me were a no go after trying the Gen2, and Proto drivers. I never tried the hybrids. The putter is another area that I would love to be able to give him remarks, but the sound, feel, snd distance control were just off to me. This could be the putter I came from, but it could also be that here again these clubs don’t fit my stroke, ear, and hands. I would try the putter again, but won’t take the plunge on another of the drivers. The fairway woods, I still own one. If you are wondering about the irons well I traded those for a set of Mizzy irons and I’ve been happy with them. Another brand I had never owned. The putters I sold, gifted, traded. Same for the drivers. It’s a great company that support. I still have the company’s extreme darkness tour bag in my man cave/simulator room. It holds my shafts and one PXG 2 wood. These clubs as with every club require the right fitting, but I would say these need a fitting more than most of the big brands to realize the full benefit of the PXG Kaboom Baby! Let me know if you have any questions. I am out of the dog house with the wife after my PXG adventure, but it cost me a Louis Purse because after she totaled up my adventure, we agreed she needed to be pampered too! 

Thanks for Reading 

Shawn 

Sorry for your misadventure Shawn, I have the 0211 driver with Evenflo Riptide and absolutely love it.  I have pondered a full fitting, but have not had the time to book it. That, and hav3 beennd3aling with “tennis elbow” for past six weeks. Then, on top of that, we got rear ended two weeks ago by a pickup truck doing 40 mph and we were sitting still……Ugh!  My 70 year old body is fighting on all fronts right now.

anyway, I really appreciate your honesty.  Sometimes the clubs just don’t fit.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

1 hour ago, fozcycle said:

Sorry for your misadventure Shawn, I have the 0211 driver with Evenflo Riptide and absolutely love it.  I have pondered a full fitting, but have not had the time to book it. That, and hav3 beennd3aling with “tennis elbow” for past six weeks. Then, on top of that, we got rear ended two weeks ago by a pickup truck doing 40 mph and we were sitting still……Ugh!  My 70 year old body is fighting on all fronts right now.

anyway, I really appreciate your honesty.  Sometimes the clubs just don’t fit.

Sorry for you elbow and the wreck. I would wait until you recover for the fitting the spec check won’t replace the shafts. Other than that they seem to take care of you. I will say if they fit you into something that is completely different than you are usually fit into, then I would find another fitter. That’s what happened to me. I have always been an x-flex guy. Best of luck, and I will say they are pretty clubs that really pop in the bag. 

• 4 months later...

I had a complete fitting a few years ago and ended up with the  Gen 2 P irons only (5-PW).   The driver didn't have any more pop than the current Ping at the time, though the fairway woods and hybrids almost got me.  The lofts on all clubs are so strong now, you have to go by what degree it is vs. the club number, to see what you're really getting.  Even between Gen 2 and Gen 4, the lofts got stronger.  My Gen 2 5 iron is basically a Gen 4 6 iron.  

I game the original 0211 4-GW. While i would like CBs or Blades just to have them, these irons are really solid. Proper fit and all. Broke 100 for the first time with them and almost 90 as well. Their 0211 STs are on my radar if my clubs ever bite the dust/if i ever win a contest

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Just did a full fitting at their HQ in Scottsdale last week. Had some interesting (to me, at least) results...

1. Driver: nice club, loved the sound, feel and looks of it. But as any good GolfSpy knows those three items matter neither a jot nor a tittle when it comes to performance. While the Gen4 driver performed well, it did not outperform the driver I brought with me - the as yet unreleased XXIO X. They were pretty similar, so it made no sense to get one. FYI - that XXIO X is going to be a good driver for the target golfer. Based on the numbers, we didn't even bother with the 0211 driver. 

2. FW: I ditched my 3 wood a while ago and decided to go with the Cleveland 18 degree Hy-Wood. It was a good decision, as 3 woods and I are definitely no longer on speaking terms. I have been gaming a Callaway 2-Deep 2-wood - never use it off the deck (low bullets) but it can be a useful weapon off the tee. The fitter made up a Gen 4 2 wood for me - WOW!. The head shape and leading edge means it might - might - be useful off the deck, but off the tee it's a monster. It's going in the bag. 

3. Hybrid: I'm on again/off-again with hybrids, and the Cleveland Hy-Wood seems to be the right mix of hybrid ease and fairway wood distance for me. Kevin the fitter set me up with an 18 degree Gen 4 hybrid - another WOW moment. Really liked it. Not sure if it will kick the Cleveland out of the bag, but it will be a fun battle. Distance was spot on and ease of launch was welcome. 

3. Irons: Tried both the 0211 and the Gen 4 0311P. Kevin tried like hell to get me into the Gen4 irons, but the difference between them and the 0211s was minor, with the edge actually going to the 0211 irons. We tried different shafts, and I was very surprised the "stock" Elevate 95s performed best for me. I would have liked to have tried the KBS $ Taper LIte, but according to Kevin, no one has those right now. Thanks Supply Chain! Tried the XF version of the Gen4 - those didn't do squat for me. At $77 per club, the 0211 may be the very best buy in golf. 

4. Wedges: The next best buy might be the $129 forged wedges. Really liked those as well - I do like the RTZ ZipCore wedges better, but these are a strong second. Liked them much better than the more expensive milled version. And for $129? It's another no-brainer. 

5. Putters: Didn't like the 0211 models at all, even though I wanted to. The Battle Ready putters, however, were a different story. We didn't do a full fledged putter fitting, but I immediately took to the Blackbird, the Gunboat and the Closer. The Gunboat was the largest head, and was stupid-stable. The Closer is a "full-bodied" blade and might have been the best feeling, but I was sinking putts like crazy with the Blackbird. I have too many freaking putters as it is, so I don't think another one is in the cards. But if it was, it would probably be the Blackbird.  

Or the Gunboat. 

Or maybe the Closer. 

Or maybe I have a problem.

Bottom line, will be pulling the trigger on the irons, FW and hybrid. Not sure on the wedges yet, I have a crap-ton of inventory to get rid of. Anyone want some old irons? No reasonable offer refused 😎

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

On 7/30/2021 at 3:41 PM, Shawn90gt said:

Okay, so I’m that guy that dropped a lot of cash on these clubs to not have them six months later. 

To begin, honestly part of this was probably on me too as much as the fitter. Let me say that I had just recovered from injuring my ankle. I was rusty to say the least seeing as my fitting was in November. 

1.) The irons, I was fit into the 0311P irons with the Dynamic Gold 120g stiff flex shaft. I also had a milled wedge the Zulu and Romeo to wound out the iron set. They were amazing on the fitting day off a mat in a heated bay hitting to an outside range. Long, straight, and stupid forgiving. I had shots that had no business flying straight and 165 doing just that. To say the least the irons were the easiest part of the fitting. The wedges are equally as amazing. Fast forward to spring, I’ve played several rounds with the irons and wedges, but with my swing coming back to form the shaft was a noodle to me. I reshafted all the irons and wedges into the KBS C-Tapers x-flex. It was on my dime, but PXG covered the lie adjustments. Honestly the wedges and irons are as good as any you can play. The reason I left the irons was mostly due to the customer service when I asked for the spec check that comes with the  PXG clubs. It doesn’t cover shaft changes. 

2.) The driver, well I wanted to love the KaBoom driver so much that I ended up buying and trying 2 different ones. I started with the PXG 0811x Gen 2, on the Fitting day it was smoking my gamer which was the Epic Subzero. It was a good 10-15 yards longer, and straight I hadn’t dispersion that good since my early 20’s. I thought I had stumbled upon Thor’s hammer folks. Well, I eagerly awaited the day the shiny black box showed up. When it did, it was okay off the range, but not the boom stick I remembered! Needless to say I was disappointed. I went back to my local club where my pro had arranged the fitting, and we went back to his track man and the numbers were night and day. He arranged for the fitter to comeback. When he arrived I was told that my swing was the change not the club, and was promptly fit into the new latest and greatest at the time Proto driver the plus version. Again I awaited it with anticipation. In the mean time I traded for a Sim driver. Long story short, the Sim destroyed the Proto on distance, and even accuracy which for me was what I was chasing, was about the same with the two heads. The difference being that I was spinning the Sim less which is what I needed. I even tried determining if this was a shaft issue, and since my Proto came with the Evenflow white, I borrowed one from my local clubs fitting cart snd gave it a whirl. Turns out I found my new boom stick the TM Sim with the Evenflow white. I traded the Proto for a Scotty putter. The skytrak that I have showed I was hitting around 2500 spin on the Sim and about 3200 on the Proto by PXG. All that to say that the driver is PXG’s weakness. 

3.) The 0341 fairway woods are legit. First fairway wood I have carried in years. I’m getting older, so now I needed the added distance off the fairway as my driver is leaving me shorter. I need to find Phil’s miracle in a bottle distance with age. I have had several of the fairway woods from PXG in this bag it was the Gen 2 0341x 3 wood and 5 wood I think the fitter gave. I used the 5 wood in the summer and the 3 wood in the winters on longer holes. They lift off the ground with ease, and the turf interaction is nothing short of amazing. I found confidence again with a fairway wood. Just like the irons it was an easy sell. Unlike the driver, the irons and the fairway wood more than exceeded my expectations. Honestly, I traded my 3 wood to a guy who had the Gen 1, 2 wood and a putter I wanted to try. The Gen 1, fairway wood was actually better for me than the Gen 2 stuff. I still own the Gen 1, 2 wood to this day. It is a club I tend to go back to when I get the yippes with my fairway woods.  My spin, distance, and dispersion was better with these clubs than even what I currently game. I have been tinkering with the cobra speed zone and a TM mini driver 300 to replace the PXG. However, I have not sold that part of the bag. It is the last man standing from my PxG adventure. 

4.) Putter. Well, this one is unique. I had a couple of the putters as well. I bought the bat attack Gen 1 from PXG, and then the Mustang Gen2, both were okay putters. The insert on the Gen 1 putters I could never get used to the soft feel and sound. The Gen 2 putters while better, honestly fell victim to my usual putter the Scotty Tei3 that I’ve games since it was new. I could just never get adjusted to the distance with the PXG putters. I do think that the PXG Gen 2, putters are an improvement from Gen 1, but maybe it was personal preference from putting with the same stick for so long, or a perceived Scotty is better, but I never fell into love with them. I wanted to. I went as far as buying the Gen 2 Operator putter. When this black box showed up, well this is when my wife informed me that me trying to make myself love a company wasn’t worth what I was having to spend to make it work. While I love the idea behind the company, and the way it takes care of the Vets., I just got tired of trying to buy different clubs to make them work for me. 

The Conclusion, PXG is an amazing iron, wedge, and fairway wood club maker. I would say as long as the fitting is done and you are fresh, it’s the best your money can buy. The driver will look amazing for you at the fitting, but it seems the ones they ship aren’t the same quality as you demo at the fitting. Some guys get ones that are rockets I assume because they work for their swing, or it’s more of quality control at the manufacturing process. The drivers and me were a no go after trying the Gen2, and Proto drivers. I never tried the hybrids. The putter is another area that I would love to be able to give him remarks, but the sound, feel, snd distance control were just off to me. This could be the putter I came from, but it could also be that here again these clubs don’t fit my stroke, ear, and hands. I would try the putter again, but won’t take the plunge on another of the drivers. The fairway woods, I still own one. If you are wondering about the irons well I traded those for a set of Mizzy irons and I’ve been happy with them. Another brand I had never owned. The putters I sold, gifted, traded. Same for the drivers. It’s a great company that support. I still have the company’s extreme darkness tour bag in my man cave/simulator room. It holds my shafts and one PXG 2 wood. These clubs as with every club require the right fitting, but I would say these need a fitting more than most of the big brands to realize the full benefit of the PXG Kaboom Baby! Let me know if you have any questions. I am out of the dog house with the wife after my PXG adventure, but it cost me a Louis Purse because after she totaled up my adventure, we agreed she needed to be pampered too! 

Thanks for Reading 

Shawn 

My favorite part is the ending. Great story!

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

1 hour ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

2. FW: I ditched my 3 wood a while ago and decided to go with the Cleveland 18 degree Hy-Wood. It was a good decision, as 3 woods and I are definitely no longer on speaking terms. I have been gaming a Callaway 2-Deep 2-wood - never use it off the deck (low bullets) but it can be a useful weapon off the tee. The fitter made up a Gen 4 2 wood for me - WOW!. The head shape and leading edge means it might - might - be useful off the deck, but off the tee it's a monster. It's going in the bag. 

3. Hybrid: I'm on again/off-again with hybrids, and the Cleveland Hy-Wood seems to be the right mix of hybrid ease and fairway wood distance for me. Kevin the fitter set me up with an 18 degree Gen 4 hybrid - another WOW moment. Really liked it. Not sure if it will kick the Cleveland out of the bag, but it will be a fun battle. Distance was spot on and ease of launch was welcome. 

Thanks for your thoughts on the Hy-Wood. I'm looking at replacing my 3W and my V-Series Heavenwood with that club for 2022. Seems like a no-brainer for me, since I only use my 3W (lofted to 16*) off the tee only, and the HWood is my "off the deck" club on long approaches. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

17 hours ago, russtopherb said:

Thanks for your thoughts on the Hy-Wood. I'm looking at replacing my 3W and my V-Series Heavenwood with that club for 2022. Seems like a no-brainer for me, since I only use my 3W (lofted to 16*) off the tee only, and the HWood is my "off the deck" club on long approaches. 

I was very pleasantly surprised with the Hy-Wood - it's very easy to launch and the glide rails work as advertised. There have been a couple of shots that is swear were fat but still went the full distance - Cleveland has a solid club there. And not for nothing, the driver ain't bad, either. Sounds more than a little tinny, but it goes like hell and is VERY forgiving. 

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

20 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

Just did a full fitting at their HQ in Scottsdale last week. Had some interesting (to me, at least) results...

1. Driver: nice club, loved the sound, feel and looks of it. But as any good GolfSpy knows those three items matter neither a jot nor a tittle when it comes to performance. While the Gen4 driver performed well, it did not outperform the driver I brought with me - the as yet unreleased XXIO X. They were pretty similar, so it made no sense to get one. FYI - that XXIO X is going to be a good driver for the target golfer. Based on the numbers, we didn't even bother with the 0211 driver. 

3. Irons: Tried both the 0211 and the Gen 4 0311P. Kevin tried like hell to get me into the Gen4 irons, but the difference between them and the 0211s was minor, with the edge actually going to the 0211 irons. We tried different shafts, and I was very surprised the "stock" Elevate 95s performed best for me. I would have liked to have tried the KBS $ Taper LIte, but according to Kevin, no one has those right now. Thanks Supply Chain! Tried the XF version of the Gen4 - those didn't do squat for me. At $77 per club, the 0211 may be the very best buy in golf. 

4. Wedges: The next best buy might be the $129 forged wedges. Really liked those as well - I do like the RTZ ZipCore wedges better, but these are a strong second. Liked them much better than the more expensive milled version. And for $129? It's another no-brainer. 

5. Putters: Didn't like the 0211 models at all, even though I wanted to. The Battle Ready putters, however, were a different story. We didn't do a full fledged putter fitting, but I immediately took to the Blackbird, the Gunboat and the Closer. The Gunboat was the largest head, and was stupid-stable. The Closer is a "full-bodied" blade and might have been the best feeling, but I was sinking putts like crazy with the Blackbird. I have too many freaking putters as it is, so I don't think another one is in the cards. But if it was, it would probably be the Blackbird.  

Or the Gunboat. 

Or maybe the Closer. 

Bottom line, will be pulling the trigger on the irons, FW and hybrid. Not sure on the wedges yet, I have a crap-ton of inventory to get rid of. Anyone want some old irons? No reasonable offer refused 😎

I would take you up on your iron offer, BUT I have been eyeing the PXG 0211 DC’s for some time……

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

20 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

Or the Gunboat. 

Or maybe the Closer. 

Depends what you have for irons 😛 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

On 12/21/2021 at 10:38 AM, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Depends what you have for irons 😛 

All old stuff: '99 Hogan Apex blades, 2002 or 2003 Hogan Apex FTX progressive set, 2002 MacGregor VIP 1025 MC/MB set and the coveted 2010 MacGregor VIP cavity backs. 

And a really old set of Burke Tommy Armour Silver Scot irons with aluminum shafts - collectable but not playable. I tried - it didn't work at all. 

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

On 12/21/2021 at 10:13 AM, fozcycle said:

I would take you up on your iron offer, BUT I have been eyeing the PXG 0211 DC’s for some time……

Just pulled the trigger on the 0211s @fozcycle - and I swear THIS is the year I'm going to fully commit to one set of clubs for the entire season.  Really.

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

23 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

Just pulled the trigger on the 0211s @fozcycle - and I swear THIS is the year I'm going to fully commit to one set of clubs for the entire season.  Really.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

23 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

All old stuff: '99 Hogan Apex blades, 2002 or 2003 Hogan Apex FTX progressive set, 2002 MacGregor VIP 1025 MC/MB set and the coveted 2010 MacGregor VIP cavity backs. 

And a really old set of Burke Tommy Armour Silver Scot irons with aluminum shafts - collectable but not playable. I tried - it didn't work at all. 

Been playing my 2002 MacGregor VIP 1025MB irons the past month and loving them... after reshafting with lighter Nippon shafts.  Difficult decision on whether to take them or my Mizuno MP20 HMB irons to Palm Springs next month.

You will like the PXG 0211 irons.  My wife replaced her old TM Burner XD irons with the 0211 irons.  She loves them, but I wouldn't get the Cypher 40 ladies flex.  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/20/2021 at 12:13 PM, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

I game the original 0211 4-GW. While i would like CBs or Blades just to have them, these irons are really solid. Proper fit and all. Broke 100 for the first time with them and almost 90 as well. Their 0211 STs are on my radar if my clubs ever bite the dust/if i ever win a contest

I had the prior gen 0211s and liked them but then decided I wanted a bit lighter shaft so got a set of the newer 0211s - but before they named them "DC" (DualCor) and came out with the blade version. Big difference - imho - in the newer heads vs the priors, w/r/t feel, distance and consistency. Well worth it if you can .. ha ha .. swing it!

And just to reiterate what @GolfSpy Barbajo said earlier: "At $77 per club, the 0211 may be the very best buy in golf."

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

On 12/23/2021 at 9:29 AM, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

On 12/24/2021 at 9:08 AM, MattF said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yeah I was wondering, too, if it might have been ole CG2 who'd posted that 😉 😜 

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

As a dedicated driving iron player, meaning that I only hit it as a driving iron,

I would love to try the PXG 0311 X.  

That's really the only one of their clubs that really catches my eye.

Anybody have experience with one?

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball