Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Cobra King 3 Utility Iron w Project X Catalyst 80g Xflex

Moorman1933

I have had the cobra King 3 utility for about 7 months now and let me say this thing is an absolute weapon.   However, the shaft durability leaves alot to be desired.   I have a high swing speed (125-130 with driver) and this shaft has splintered/broke right above the adapter(pic attached) three times in 7 months.  Cobra has been great about replacing but the constant worry of the shaft breaking and having to deal with waiting for a new one to come in has been painful.

That being said when the shaft isnt broken the club hits missiles, its easy for me to flight it down and hit a stinger off the tee (go to shot with it) or hit a higher flighted shot when necessary.  The club itself is forgiving enough and gives you confidence standing over the top of it with a slightly thicker top edge.  I also find it easy enough to shape the ball with a draw or fade when need be.  The loft adjustability is a bonus as well, I have the 19.5 degree 3 cranked down to 18.5, with the ability to go up and down 1.5 degrees this club can be adjusted based on how youll use it on different courses.

If you're in the market for a UDI this is definitely one to take a look at,  but would recommend going a different shaft route than the stock catalyst, especially if you have a high swing speed

IMG_4435.jpg

IMG_4438.jpg

IMG_4439.jpg

Edited by Moorman1933
more info

D- Callaway Rogue Triple Diamond LS 9 (LA Golf Trono 75X)

Hybrid- Ping G525 2 Hybrid

UDI-P790 2 Iron

4-W-Ping i210

52,56,60-Cleveland 

P- TM Spider

• Moorman1933 changed the title to Cobra King 3 Utility Iron w Project X Catalyst 80g Xflex
  • 1 month later...

Wow! You may need to go up to a Hzrdus shaft. May be a little more stout. 

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>