Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Smallest Change that's bothered you?

ST3LTR0

What is the smallest change in equipment that has felt completely terrible for your game?

I played a 58 degree Vokey wedge with 7 degrees of bounce for about 10 years. Last year when I was fitted I was suggested to get a 60 degree which I've never really liked, but to me the difference that I despised the most about the change was the bounce 10 degrees. With that bounce being only 3 degrees off though I have despised using this club and have no confidence in using it. That being said I'm going back to my SM5 58 to see if it's my mental or actually a problem for my game. 

• Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 8° Accra FX2.0 250 M4
  • PXG 5 wood turned 4 wood hzrd black
  • PXG 3 Hybrid hzrd black
  • Taylormade 2019 P790's KBS Tour S 4-5
  • PXG 0211 ST 6-GW
  • Vokey 54/58° sm8 
  • Mizuno Mcraft 3

Video cameras.  I broke my golden rule, and took some video of my swing yesterday. 🤢

Now, I’m lateraling everything.  I didn’t even attempt to change anything.  But my subconscious is trying to fix my hands that get away from my body which created a lovely OTT. Makes me want to 🤮.

Cut 1/4" from backup driver shaft, can't keep it in same zip code.

DRIVER: default_cobra-small.jpg.125f3712aad21ad9f7ca2c672e34a299.jpg  Cobra F-8 set at 10.5,  Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 (R) 44 1/2 "

3 & 5 WOOD: default_callaway-small.jpg.a58e7c6760b71a9eb95d385ecc5d2200.jpg Callaway XR-16, Fujikura Speeder Evolution 565 Red (R) 

IRONS 5-SW: default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-700, 2 upright, std loft  Alta CB (R) + 1/2"

HYBRID 3-4:  default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-410, 1 upright,  Alta CB 70 Red (R) + 1/2"

PUTTER: Byron Experimental GSS

• 1 month later...

Putter grip!  I wanted to try something different. I played a couple holes and couldn’t wait to get home and rip it off. The grip felt great until I actually had to make a putting stroke. 

Ping G425 LST 10.5* - Rogue White 130

Ping G425 LST 14.5 - Rogue White 130

TaylorMade SIM 19* Tensei Pro White

Srixon ZX5 4&5 iron Modus 120

Srixon ZX7 6-AW Modus 120

Vokey SM8 54* 60* Modus 125 wedge

EvnRoll ER5B

On 9/6/2021 at 6:02 AM, Granata13 said:

Putter grip!  I wanted to try something different. I played a couple holes and couldn’t wait to get home and rip it off. The grip felt great until I actually had to make a putting stroke. 

I was going to say grips. My step-F.I.L. plays jumbo grips, and I played a few holes with his clubs versus mine. . . Holy crap, it felt terrible and the results showed. I mentally couldn't get over how off the grips felt in my hands and how off they made even a 50% backswing feel. 

Rag tag bag, but it does the job. 

Taylormade R1 driver.

Ping G400 3 wood.

Cleveland Halo Launcher 3 hybrid.

Cleveland CBX launcher irons (5-PW). 

Assorted wedges (48, 52, 58).

Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 putter.

When I was told I needed high bounce wedges. My short game went to hell that year. I promptly went out and bought the lowest bounce wedge on the market, a 58/4 Vokey. Been in my bag for about 14 years now. Though they stopped offering this combo after the SM6 so I gotta track them down or find something new.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

On 7/31/2021 at 11:02 PM, Shankster said:

Video cameras.  I broke my golden rule, and took some video of my swing yesterday. 🤢

Now, I’m lateraling everything.  I didn’t even attempt to change anything.  But my subconscious is trying to fix my hands that get away from my body which created a lovely OTT. Makes me want to 🤮.

Oh god I did this in my last range session and I've been muttering "early release" in my sleep ever since... trying to try and keep that club held off now and it seems to have ruined everything hahaha

• Driver: Cobra RadSpeed XB
  • Woods: Wilson FG Tour 3 Wood 
  • Hybrid: Wilson D350 Hybrid
  • Optional Utility: Titleist U510 4 Iron
  • Irons: Cleveland CG7 Tour - Black Pearl/Ping Eye 2 BeCu's (Red Dot)
  • Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action - 53* - Cleveland Byron Nelson BeCu Wedges - 56*, 60*
  • Putter: Cleveland Smart Square - EVNRoll Gravity Grip
  • Ball: Honma D1