Titleist T100s

Golfin83

12 minutes ago, Gavwlee said:

Completely on board with you on the bounce and turf interaction with bending lofts stronger for pros. What about for the average 10 hdcp looking to keep the yardage despite aging and losing swing speed? I’d think the stronger lofts coupled with the lower cg would help. Not to mention, with 2 clubs at 32 degrees, 7 iron’s length may be easier to control than a traditional 6 iron length (assuming that longer clubs are harder to control for the average joe). I currently play “traditional” lofts but with balancing a career that doesn’t revolve around playing golf and a you kid, playing with “easier” clubs that give me a bit more distance sound mighty appealing. 

The cg and lofts all go hand in hand. And usually someone with slower swing speeds will benefit from these designs because they make getting the ball in the air. But even for that golfer if the manufacturer didn’t “loft Jack” the ball would fall out of the sky. But even with that said the golfer needs to find a set than not only gets in the air but also has the proper land angle to be able to hold greens. Some people won’t benefit because the size of the sole doesn’t match their swing. People forget that proper bounce isn’t just for wedges 

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

11 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

The cg and lofts all go hand in hand. And usually someone with slower swing speeds will benefit from these designs because they make getting the ball in the air. But even for that golfer if the manufacturer didn’t “loft Jack” the ball would fall out of the sky. But even with that said the golfer needs to find a set than not only gets in the air but also has the proper land angle to be able to hold greens. Some people won’t benefit because the size of the sole doesn’t match their swing. People forget that proper bounce isn’t just for wedges 

exactly. The sole matters just as much. Those Ping G710's had a nice big sole which made them easy to hit (for those needing help) but also had aggressive lofts to get its going. Most importantly was the peak height and descent angles were optimal to help hold greens.

Charleston, SC

HDCP 12.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :taylormade-small:  M4 with 60g Atmos red stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: 52, 56, 60 :titelist-small: SM5 & SM6
  • Putter: 34" :odyssey-small: 2-ball original with superstroke grip
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

The T100-S has 10g more tungsten in it and is engineered differetly from the T100......it definitely goes further just on lofts alone but with some of the other difference in the club, the 100-S is probably 10 yards longer on average than the T100.

these are players distance clubs

• Like 2

Golf is cool

Get fitted.  Not just for 30 minutes ... "yeah these feel good." & you're done.  But a real fitting.  Dive into the head design, functionality, your numbers, etc.  Be able to hit to certain number by making sure the gapping is correct.  If it requires loft jacking, then so be it.  That's why the T100s were made ... for those that like the feel of a players iron but want the added distance.  Who cares what they look like.  

I'd play with a shell attached to a piece of bamboo like Thurston Howell III if I knew my numbers were correct.  😉  

• Like 3

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSi2 9* UST MAMIYA LIN-Q BLUE 6F4 - C3 setting

Fairways   :titleist-small: HZRDUS Smoke 13.5* & 19* - B2 setting

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: 716 AP2 DG S300 1* up

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56*

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Bro, I'm 100% with you, I was as loyal to Titleist as anyone, what did me in was when I had to bite my tounge and realize my teryllium Scotty was to light, getting a little older just needed a little heavier to control the stroke a touch more. Remind you I hadn't hit a Scotty since the Studio Style with GSS insert was released, that was 05 I think, so I went to buy the the special select newport, thank God I said let me hit this b4 I buy it, I hit it 3 times handed it back to the dude and said to myself wtf was that milled in some crap Chinese factory, it was horrid. Scotty sold out. Than I learned that so did Titleist, I was getting out of my 712 mbs, they where really tired, every single iron I hit from titleist felt like, well felt like nothing, there was no feel, they felt cheap and springy, junk. I was lost, playing titleist since early 90s, but I made greatest decision ever, got some Hogan Icons, the put Titleist to shame, traditional all the way thru. And my putter, im now a Loyal Loyal Loyal Bettinardi guy, Scotty could learn something from Bob Bettinardi, like how to get his hands dirty a design putters, and do a quality mill job. I think Wilson might have passed Titleist when it comes to equipment. Titleist owns the ball market, but they lose a tiny bit each year. It's really sad how far down the toilet they have gone. I swore I'd never say that, but its true.

• Hmmm 1

Ping G410 Driver, 3 wood, and 2 hybrid.

Ben Hogan Ui-Hi 3 iron

Ben Hogan Icon Irons 4-Pw

Callaway MD5 Jaws 51 degree wedge

Callaway PM 19 56 degree Wedge

Bettinardi 2021 Queen B 6

I hit the T100 and S today. It was really hard for me to accept the Ss due to my “old school” thinking but begrudgingly I have to admit I hit the S better. Distance wasn’t too dramatic for me on a 7 iron - just 3 or 4 yards but the feel and dispersion was better. I was worried about the S being too hot and distance variability that the springy clubs tend to have, but oddly they were tighter (admittedly I didn’t put great swings on the T100).

I think the little slot in the back of the S really helps on just off center hits and maintains speed on mishits. That’s what we are all looking for, right (assuming dispersion and gapping overall is the same)?  I think while the two clubs are mostly the same, we can’t understate the extra technology in that slot - apparently it allows a slightly more flexible face. Plus it just felt better. 

Again it’s hard for me to reconsider my bag setup, because it’s a radical shift, but I’m slowly coming around to it. If it hits longer, tighter and better on mis-hits, then really it’s a no brainer. Oh and it’s still plenty workable for me.  

Just my ego that needs a check. 

• Like 2

I think most OEMs are going the way of "options". That is what the T100-S represent to me, just gives you more options when looking at the Titleist line up to fit into. If the clubs give you the best performance who cares if the lofts are "jacked". Most of the data, especially Strokes Gained Data, suggests closer is better anyways.  Just reiterates that people need to get fit for their clubs! 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

3-wood:  :Sub70: Pro (13*)

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

• 3 weeks later...

@Blove@golfinnutDo you have recommendations on where that can done? A national fitter like Club Champion, you'd only get to hit the 6 iron and aren't fittings with a Titleist rep only 30-45 minutes long? 

Edited by mchiller
Wrong tag