What golf balls are players using

Garyk1285

I’m currently using the vice tour golf balls and love them what balls are other golds using, prefer, or are interested in using 

My bag currently has titleist ts4 driver titleist ts2 fairway wood a Srixon z h85 hybrid cobra  king forged cb&mb irons 4-pw cobra snakebite 50 degree wedge cobra mim wedges in 52 56 and 60 degrees and a Cleveland hunting beach putter 

Played the last few rounds with Snell MTB Black. Really liking these, but I still have four dozen Pro V1X left. 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

1 minute ago, PMookie said:

Played the last few rounds with Snell MTB Black. Really liking these, but I still have four dozen Pro V1X left. 

Just this past week, I decided to throw a doz Blacks into my Snell order. I'll be interested in performance compared to my MTB-Xs. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I tried the Cut Grey the other day, I wasn't too impressed with it but the course I was playing had some fuzzy greens that even my Duo Softs were stopping on. Need a few more times out with it to see how I feel.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

... With the upcoming MGS Golf Ball Test just keep in mind it is a starting point. As exhaustive as their testing is, and they are saints to put in the work they did, there are only single parameters that may or may not apply to you and your swing. At any given swing speed change the Angle Of Attack and the numbers change. Face angle plays a huge roll as well so hands forward or hands back will also have very different results than the testing robot. 

... The above stated, I have done my own on course testing and have found the TP5x is the best performing ball for me. Playing several practice rounds hitting multiple balls off every tee and on every fairway the TP5x performed best. I won 10 dozen B-RX last year and it is supposed to be a good fit for me but it is measurably shorter. I also play a ton of golf so the ball is an expense and I don't play the ProV1 or ProV1x and it may be as good or better than the TP5x but it is just too expensive. Given that one thing Tony was quite adamant about is a scuffed ball is a wild card and anything can happen in flight. So playing a new ProV1 that hits a sprinkler head, some desert rocks near the edge of the fairway or an errant tee shot in the desert will be taken out of play. It can get expensive quickly. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I used various urethane Titleist most of my life but I switched exclusively to Snell MTB's in 2017. However, with their MTB Black rationing, outages, price increases and the end of "free" shipping I bought two dozen MaxFli Tours to try out and a couple sleeves in I am happy with how they play. There's a very good chance I'll keep playing MaxFli Tours for the foreseeable future, at least until Snell can restore their supply and resume tiered pricing (I always bought 4-5 dozen at a time). Used to be able to buy Snell MTBs for as little as $25/dozen, now they're about $35/dozen...

I still buy a dozen Pro V1's about once a year to treat myself, they are the best ball IMO. This year my wife gave me a dozen for my BD, still in the closet after two months but I will use them sooner or later. But I won't spend $50/dozen for golf balls, especially knowing I'm subsidizing pro contracts and a huge ad budget - someone else can pay for that...

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

I've learned this year that the current iteration of the TP5 is not the one that I fell in love with several years ago while trying out golf balls.  While it isn't terrible, there is a slight difference in spin around the green.

When I am not playing the TP5, I still kick around the OnCore Elixr, which IMO is one of the best and most affordable balls on the market.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Titleist and usually tp5 or 5x if I want to switch up. Fittings and on course testing lead to my decisions.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I received 5 dozen vice pro plus for Christmas. I’ll use them this year primarily. It’s been pretty consistent and the performance has been good. 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

I switched to the Srixon Z-Star from the Pro V1 solely for price, and after the last two years I'm not looking back. I still think Pro Vs are fantastic balls, I just won't spend my own money on them @$50/doz. I still get them as gifts occasionally.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Right now it's my ProV1X's that I bought during this year's buy 3, get one sale, but I am intrigued to see the results of Ball Test 2021, namely both the Srixon balls and the DTC space since I still have stuff with Srixon to get me their balls at cheaper cost and the DTC balls I've played this season (Vice Pro Plus, Oncore) are good but I want to see the comparison to see if the cost difference can make up any perceived performance difference. Odds are I won't need to buy until next season anyway, but I want to know.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

On 8/1/2021 at 3:09 PM, Middler said:

I used various urethane Titleist most of my life but I switched exclusively to Snell MTB's in 2017. However, with their MTB Black rationing, outages, price increases and the end of "free" shipping I bought two dozen MaxFli Tours to try out and a couple sleeves in I am happy with how they play. There's a very good chance I'll keep playing MaxFli Tours for the foreseeable future, at least until Snell can restore their supply and resume tiered pricing (I always bought 4-5 dozen at a time). Used to be able to buy Snell MTBs for as little as $25/dozen, now they're about $35/dozen...

I still buy a dozen Pro V1's about once a year to treat myself, they are the best ball IMO. This year my wife gave me a dozen for my BD, still in the closet after two months but I will use them sooner or later. But I won't spend $50/dozen for golf balls, especially knowing I'm subsidizing pro contracts and a huge ad budget - someone else can pay for that...

I have also been a devoted Snell golf ball user for more than 4 years (mostly MTB-X) but I have recently been using either the On core Vero X1 or Maxfli Tour and Tour-X Urethane-cover balls. I think that the 2021 Maxfli Tour-X CG is my favorite among those balls.

DR - Callaway Paradym X, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - T.E. Exotics C722, Diamana D+ 82-S

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Callaway Epic Flash, ACCRA Tour X 80S

Irons - Cobra Forged Tec X (5-GW), KBS TGI 75-R

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - Makefield VS custom, 34", 67* lie, 1.75* loft

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus (OnCore ELIXR or Maxfli Tour S in winter)

Bags - Vessel

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

48 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

I have also been a devoted Snell golf ball user for more than 4 years (mostly MTB-X) but I have recently been using either the On core Vero X1 or Maxfli Tour and Tour-X Urethane-cover balls. I think that the 2021 Maxfli Tour-X CG is my favorite among those balls.

I’ll third the Maxfli Tour/Tour X. Super solid, I feel like they’re sleepers due to their price. Urethane performance for “premium surlyn” price? Sign me up!

I think they’re perfect for mid to high handicappers that want to play a urethane ball. After trying a bunch of premium urethane balls this season, I agree with Tony and the rest of the MGS staff that pretty much every golfer can benefit from playing a urethane ball compared to surlyn, despite price being a factor. I feel that these take the price factor mostly out of play for mid to high handicappers, and I think they would actually serve a good chunk of low handicappers just as well as premium urethane brands.

I’m really looking forward to seeing the ball test results and the new labs for the 2021 versions. I have my suspicions that they’ll be right up there with the premium brands, because in my experience they have been so far. More people should seriously try these out, you might just cut your ball budget in half.

WITB

Driver: TM Sim Max 9.0, Ventus Blue 6S shaft, upright setting

Woods: Ping G30 14.5deg 3W, turned up to small + setting

Irons 3-PW: Mizuno MP-20, DG S300, GP Z-Grip Cord (life is too short to not play blades), MP-33s for special occasions now

Wedges: Kirkland Signature 3 Wedge Set; 52, 56, 60 deg.

Putter: Odyssey OG White Hot #1, 35" steel shafted

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I am predominantly a ProV1X player but I was able to try the new ProV1 and they performed well, I also like the ProV1X left dash. 

:titelist-small: 917 D3 9.5* Kiyoshi Black 65-05

:titelist-small: 917 F3 15* VA Drago 75-X

:titelist-small: 818 H2 19* Ventus Black 10-TX

:mizuno-small: MP-20 MB 3-9 PX 6.5, T20 47* PX 6.5

:titelist-small: SM7 54-10S/60-08M PX 6.5/6.0

:titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Special Select Squareback 2

I use Snell MTB-X balls.  I like the distance and green performance of the ball.  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Maxfli Tour user. Best bang for your buck. 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

I love the Snell MTB black balls and the pro v1. When I went to order the bulk Snells and found that they were charging for shipping I was really put off so I went to Maxfli at DSG. Good ball. Than I saw the Kirklands were back in stock and bought 4 dozen. Got to say I really like this v2.0 ball. What a like the most is spin around the greens. I wa surprised that that seem to spin mor than the Maxfli. I sometimes wonder if I’m missing something by not playing the Snells. But for a guy now up to a 13.4 handicap and 68 yrs old I don’t think It’s going to matter much.

Edited by Oscar10

Callaway ERC- bought it for the Triple Track, keep playing it for the distance. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym; Hzrdus Silver 50 Gram

3 Wood: Ping 410; "Otto Phlex" Project X Evenflow Riptide 

7 Wood: Callaway Epic Max 

3, 5-7 Irons: Callaway Apex 19

8-AW Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 19

Wedges: Callaway MD4 54, Callaway MD4 58 X Grind 

Putter: Evnroll ER2v; Midlock and Standard 34 inch with Gravity Gip

Last night I used the new TP5X.......disappointing......the ball is definitely different than the 2019 version but its still clicky and does not fly as far as it did....

went back to the chromesoft after 6 holes.....

gonna try the TP5 next 

Golf is cool

I game the Maxfli Tour/Tour X.  I also game the Top Flite Gamer at times when not competing.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

If you don’t like how a ball looks, do you still play it because of performance? I find it difficult to stare down at a ball I don’t find visually appealing. I like clean and simple, without huge alignment aids, etc. covering the ball.  And the logo shouldn’t be overpowering. 

Coming from Bridgestone, I will be putting into play some prior edition Maxfli Tour balls this week.  To me they are visually appealing and and hope they perform to expectations.  That said, the alignment aides on the new Maxfli Tour balls is distracting.  Snell has my attention too-- clean looking ball, simple alignment, and a well-liked ball it seems.

Edited by N-M

I just moved into the Clear Tour Black. I had tried the Clear CS (Prior Generation) when they were marked down to $32. I loved the performance but the covers tore off super quick. I emailed Clear and they were amazing and sent out a replacement of my full order in the Tour Blacks. I haven't had a single issue with them and they perform even better than the CS. A lot more feel and spin around the greens and just so stable through the wind.

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

I've been playing Bridgestone Tour B RX in yellow for a few seasons. Prior to that I was playing the Tour B RXS and Callaway Chrome Soft (Also in yellow of course!). I may dabble in some different balls once the new Ball Test comes out, it's about time I revisit my own ball testing... 

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

Srixon Q-Star Tour

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5° w/Fujikura Ventus TR

Ping G425 Max 5-7-9 Fairway Woods w/Ping Alta CB

Ping G425 Irons 5-U w/Ping Alta CB (Power-Spec Lofts)

Ping 4.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap

Ping Redwood ZB Putter w/PP58

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Wrap Mid-Size Grips

Am a Prov1 guy, after being fitted for them based on my golf game.  Like the feel and performance.  Have tried the Prov1x, AVX and Tour Speed.  💯   

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 20.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 6-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1s (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

I am using the left dash PRO V 1 X ! Awesome ball !! Awesome ball flight with great feel around the green. Will be hard to find anything better at this point ! I will wait and see what the ball test results  look like ! 

GMB 

Currently using and very happy with Chrome Soft and ERC Soft as a switch off.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet