Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Blueprinting your clubs.

Here is a very good and useful piece of information on blueprinting your clubs from one of the best in the business.

Just want to add my appreciation for your post.

Liked what I read. :)

God loves a job done properly.

An excellent write up, thanks for posting. Goes to show that there's a LOT more to club building than epoxy. I've been working with a truly outstanding club maker for the last few months, and his attention to detail is unbelievable.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

My pleasure Matt. Before the PCS (Professional Clubmakers Society) went away I was on the marketing committee for them and met so many very qualified clubmakers. What they know and what they can do with a set of clubs for someone is amazing.

You're absolutely right. When I met this clubmaker who is now my friend, it was a real case of "I don't even know what I don't know." The work he puts into making a set of irons is unbelievable. The only problem is that after he builds your clubs, you're out of excuses!

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• 3 months later...

Maverickping

A question for you. If the answer for this is obvious, its passed me.:unsure:

How do you calculate the headweight to hit the target swingweight in order to achieve the desired frequency?

Great read, one thing that caught my eye specifically was the position of the spine that you suggest to put it in with it facing away from the target (3o'clock for RH golfers). Now there are people that will argue with you on that and say it needs to FACE the target (the 6o'clock position for RH golfers).

I have a builder that has build all my clubs, custom fit them, everything from the ground up, only difference in the steps is the spine went into the 6 o'clock position rather then the 3 o'clock position for me as a RH golfer. I'm not gonna say one is better then the other.

He tells me I have no excuse not to play well because they are tour quality :)

This is where I want your input on why you feel that the 3o'clock is a better position for the spine mark then the 6 o'clock position.

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

Archived