Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Annika Sörenstam - What a Rock Star!

Middler

After a 13 year absence, Annika entered the US Senior Women's Open - and won by 8 shots with a wire to wire win. Her 12-under total of 276 tied the low record for US Senior Women's Opens. The story goes her kids wanted to actually see her compete and win, in person instead of old highlight reels. I always liked Annika, and I confess I wasn't watching the event (not generally interested in Senior opens, and didn't know Annika was playing), but I couldn't be more pleased for her. God only knows what she could do if she was still focused on golf. Evidently her focus now is on her family and (junior golf) foundation.

Annika_1920_USSWO21_D4_trophy.jpg

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

This is huge and I'm disappointed I didn't watch any of it. I pulled up the highlight reel on YouTube as I write this. God, that swing is so classic. She proved in that tournament back in January she can still do it.

When she was in her prime I always felt she had Tiger-like presence. Not necessarily the killer instinct. But it always felt like if she played, she won. There's was something I read about Nicklaus that may apply to her. On Sunday, Jack knew he was gonna beat you, you knew Jack was gonna beat you, and Jack knew that you knew he was gonna beat you. Seems like the cool confidence of Annika.

In addition to the writings of Penick, I've added the book by her coaches to my shelf. It's "Every Shot Must Have a Purpose" for those interested. If these simple ideas are good for a champion of her caliber, they'll work for me. The think box - play box idea has helped a ton.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Thats awesome and should be no surprise to anyone who watched Annika play in her prime.  Her swing was so sweet.  It was so silky smooth and repeatable.  She always looked like she was in control.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Here's the book by her coaches if anyone is interested.

IMG_20210802_180231.jpg

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star