TESTERS WANTED! ×

NX7 Pro Rangefinder

tigerpill

Thought I would share a quick review on the Precision Pro Golf NX7 Pro Rangefinder. I was looking to add a rangefinder this year but I didn't want to spend a ton of money on my first one. This one might be good enough to be my first and last. As a starter, I paid $179.99 for the rangefinder. This was with a $20 coupon or 10% off. I thought that was a pretty good price for what seemed to be a pretty good device (based on reviews). Here are some pictures of the device and the carrying case hanging on my golfbag. So, I also included a picture of the cards that came in the box. One to highlight that they give free battery replacements and two - I thought one othe other cards was cool. It was a little tutorial on the proper way to use the device. I know, seems obvious enough...... aim and click until it vibrates. All true, but it did mention scanning across the flag which seems to help. Anyway, to the point of the review......

I have used the rangefinder on my home course now for 5 rounds. The accuracy is there and it is very easy to use. You do simply align and push on a button on the top (green), it vibrates and gives you the yardage. If you have the slope on it gives you the adjusted yardage in the bottom right corner. The device itself appears to be robust yet light in weight. Not too light - meaning it is easy to hold steady and get a hit on any target. I shot it on bunkers, bushes, trees and even a bird house just checking it out early on. (We have bird houses at 150 yards from the greens on our course). The carrying case is legit and it comes with all you need to snap it on to your bag. I have played this course for close to 30 years, so it was very interesting to compare my learned knowledge on slope versus the actual measurement. It's amazing to see the actual number and know that even though a hole looked flat and you learned over the years to hit one extra club. Then to shoot it and realize it is about 8-10 yards uphill. Pretty cool. It does give you a lot of confidence to confirm some of that and then know you are pulling the correct stick. I'm eager to play with it on a course that I don't know very well.

The only negative I can think of is the lack of a magnet to allow for you to stick it on the cart. Easy enough to drop it in the cupholder though for an easy grab.  

I hope if you are looking for an affordable rangefinder that you find this review helpful.

IMG_1529.jpg

IMG_1531.jpg

IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1533.jpg

IMG_1534.jpg

IMG_1535.jpg

IMG_1537.jpg

IMG_1526.jpg

TigerPill

Driver :   image.png.d7958db6430c53d48ab1e890144fcee7.png  Rogue ST Max 10.5 Degrees

3 Wood/5 woodimage.png.d7958db6430c53d48ab1e890144fcee7.png  Rogue ST Max

19 Degree Hybrid:image.png.5d38f343d0caf1092558753dc83992bd.png G425 

5-LW:   image.png.ddef8ede1026d2294f93865dffbbdf18.png  ZX5, Recoil 760/F3, GW, SW, LW - Cleveland RTX Zipcore

Putterimage.png.84b4d7270ae3f7c5fdd6efd713fa767d.png  Tri-Hot 5k Seven 

• 8 months later...

Thanks for the review. I am looking at getting a range finder and not sure where to and what to get.  I have one I use now but its more for hunting than golf. I find my current one is really hard to catch the flag which makes sense to me as this isn't the purpose for the type I have. I am a GPS guy on the course but have come to find I am liking the range finder a bit more. One big reason is my eyesight has diminished that I need reading glasses to read my GPS. I don't like having to put them on and off for every shot especially for finding yardage to hazards or or just a random yardage to the middle of the fairway when I'm in the trees. 

Thanks again, if you have an update on this unit, I'm interested in knowing how it's been with a few months use and durability. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

20 hours ago, JFish350 said:

Thanks for the review. I am looking at getting a range finder and not sure where to and what to get.  I have one I use now but its more for hunting than golf. I find my current one is really hard to catch the flag which makes sense to me as this isn't the purpose for the type I have. I am a GPS guy on the course but have come to find I am liking the range finder a bit more. One big reason is my eyesight has diminished that I need reading glasses to read my GPS. I don't like having to put them on and off for every shot especially for finding yardage to hazards or or just a random yardage to the middle of the fairway when I'm in the trees. 

Thanks again, if you have an update on this unit, I'm interested in knowing how it's been with a few months use and durability. 

You'll find a number of posts here  on the Precision Pro line including an 'Official Test' a couple of years back. I've had the NX9 or what use to be called the HD for a few years (wider optics and a magnet). So far it's performed flawlessly. Lots of members here have commented on the great customer service. In addition I like the free battery replacement. Since I play 150+ rounds a year - that saves me about $10/yr.  

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

22 hours ago, JFish350 said:

I'm actually one of the testers from the NX-7 Precision Pro testing group from 6 or 7 years ago.  I still use it to this day so durability isn't an issue.  I don't play anywhere near the rounds @tony@CIC does, but it's a nice option to have if the battery starts to wear down to get a free battery from Precision Pro. The display is still bright and it hasn't had any issues what so ever.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2022 at 11:46 AM, JFish350 said:

Update - I used it all last fall and winter. Played several rounds already this year and it is still working like a champ! No issues. The other comments from the testers matches what I have seen. 

TigerPill

Driver :   image.png.d7958db6430c53d48ab1e890144fcee7.png  Rogue ST Max 10.5 Degrees

3 Wood/5 woodimage.png.d7958db6430c53d48ab1e890144fcee7.png  Rogue ST Max

19 Degree Hybrid:image.png.5d38f343d0caf1092558753dc83992bd.png G425 

5-LW:   image.png.ddef8ede1026d2294f93865dffbbdf18.png  ZX5, Recoil 760/F3, GW, SW, LW - Cleveland RTX Zipcore

Putterimage.png.84b4d7270ae3f7c5fdd6efd713fa767d.png  Tri-Hot 5k Seven 

• 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Bobby Centlivre said:

It is a good thing it comes with a life time battery warranty because mine keeps draining the battery every 7-8 rounds…

otherwise it is good for the price point

That's surprising. I played 50+ rounds last year and got 5 rounds this season before putting in a new battery on mine.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

• 6 months later...
On 5/2/2022 at 5:08 PM, tigerpill said:

Update - I used it all last fall and winter. Played several rounds already this year and it is still working like a champ! No issues. The other comments from the testers matches what I have seen. 

My NX7 is a little over a year old. The first battery lasted 3 or 4 months.  After that, it seemed like I was replacing it every month until this fall when the battery would drain after 2-3 rounds.  Yesterday, I put a new battery in on the 3rd hole and the battery was dead on the 10th. Unusable at that point.

My bet is that I just got a lemon and this is unusual, so I reached out to their customer service last night.  The website says the warranty for the NX7 lasts 2 years, so I would hope they replace it or offer me the option to upgrade at a heavy discount.  We’ll see how it goes.

On 12/12/2022 at 12:29 AM, TheWalrusAL said:

My NX7 is a little over a year old. The first battery lasted 3 or 4 months.  After that, it seemed like I was replacing it every month until this fall when the battery would drain after 2-3 rounds.  Yesterday, I put a new battery in on the 3rd hole and the battery was dead on the 10th. Unusable at that point.

My bet is that I just got a lemon and this is unusual, so I reached out to their customer service last night.  The website says the warranty for the NX7 lasts 2 years, so I would hope they replace it or offer me the option to upgrade at a heavy discount.  We’ll see how it goes.

Just want to report back that Precision Pro got back to me yesterday. They’re replacing the NX7 with the NX9 Pro. Pretty classy