Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Headed to Vegas

NC Golfer

Have not played out there, but know a couple of guys who have played Wolf Creek in Mesquite and absolutely loved it. It’s about an hour North on I-15 though so it’s not in town. 

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

7 hours ago, Ben_Howell34 said:

Have not played out there, but know a couple of guys who have played Wolf Creek in Mesquite and absolutely loved it. It’s about an hour North on I-15 though so it’s not in town. 

Looks cool. But, it's closed for maintenance the week I am there. Bummer.

Edited by NC Golfer

Angel Park has two 18 hole Arnold Palmer courses and also a 12 hole lighted par three course that you can play at night. Moderate on the price tag. Wolf Creek as mentioned by others is very good. Rio Secco was very good, I played it a couple of years ago. Butch Harmon has his golf school there.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

16 hours ago, NC Golfer said:

Looks cool. But, it's closed for maintenance the week I am there. Bummer.

Oh man hate to hear that! 

When I was in Vegas I played Bali Hai, Paiute (Wolf), Rio Secco, and Cascata. Out of these, Cascata is definitely the nicest and is a great experience; however, I would not call it moderately priced... If you are playing more than 1 round, Cascata and Rio Secco have a deal to book both courses at a small discount (this is what I did). The deal isn't cheap, but it was well worth it! Paiute is a great resort a little north of Vegas and I would also highly recommend it. They have 3 courses on property, so you'll have plenty to chose from, just watch out for the wind! As for Bali Hai, it's right off the strip and has some good views of the strip from the course. It's fun with some memorable shots, but doesn't quite compare to the others I mentioned...

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

The Revere Golf Club in Henderson is nice.  Don't know about their rental availability 

This is my favorite place to plyin Vegas, but there’s many good opinions. The Paiute courses are all great and in spectacular condition. A little out of the way, is Chimura and it’s a nice course that’ fits in your moderate price range. There’s more as well but the one’s mentioned in the thread is a great start.

Another buddy of mine recommended Reflection Bay in Henderson. Looks like around $100 round. 

Wolf Creek is crazy and fun. Conestoga in Mesquite is almost as good. All the Paiute courses are excellent. Coyote Springs is in the middle of nowhere but a tough Nicklaus course. You'd need to rent a car for these. Boulder Creek, ( not the city course) is a surprisingly affordable option that is nice. 

Primm has some nice courses, the name of the place escapes me now, I believe the courses are Lexington and Concorde?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/4/2021 at 8:40 AM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Angel Park has two 18 hole Arnold Palmer courses and also a 12 hole lighted par three course that you can play at night. Moderate on the price tag. Wolf Creek as mentioned by others is very good. Rio Secco was very good, I played it a couple of years ago. Butch Harmon has his golf school there.

Thanks, Tom. Will be playing Angel Park Mountain course end of Sept. They have a crazy deal for 66 dollars includes cart, clubs, balls etc. They are overseeding one week prior, I hope it is playable.

One of my favorite reasonably priced places to play in Vegas is Rhodes Ranch. Fun track close to the strip (about 15 minutes from Planet Hollywood) Always in great shape and when I've played pretty cheap. Think under $80. I always play super early when I'm there so I don't know if that changes any thing, but I love it there.

WITB - New Drive, Irons, and putter for 2019. What could possible go wrong?

Driver:   :callaway-small: EPIC 
3wd:  :cobra-small: BIO Cell+ 12.5*
2hb:  :callaway-small: Diablo Tour 18*
4-pw:  :srixon-small: 765
52*:  :cleveland-small: RTX-3
56*: :cleveland-small: RTX-3
60*: :cleveland-small: RTX-3
Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER 1

I used to go to Vegas at least once a year--haven't gone for about ten years now--

but I never used to play because my wife was with me and she doesn't play.

Not that it matters now, but where does one find a wife who lets one go to Vegas alone?

That would clearly be a game changer in a lot of ways, no?

Anyway, we stopped going because our age group isn't the catered to demographic anymore.

We used to alternate.

One washed up 1950s singer one night for her.

One chorus of naked showgirls on another night for me.

It worked out fine.

Edited by BostonSal

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

57 minutes ago, BostonSal said:

Not that it matters now, but where does one find a wife who lets one go to Vegas alone?

That would clearly be a game changer in a lot of ways, no?

It's called a "Business Trip" 

38 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

It's called a "Business Trip" 

In fairness, Tom, does my Welsh Terrier, representing me,  look too dumb to think of that?

Milady worked in the same office as I.  Knew everything that went on.

The fates had me by the short, curly ones.

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

11 minutes ago, BostonSal said:

In fairness, Tom, does my Welsh Terrier, representing me,  look too dumb to think of that?

Milady worked in the same office as I.  Knew everything that went on.

The fates had me by the short, curly ones.

Well I guess you missed something in the training. Never mix business with pleasure. AKA  Don't get your honey where you make your money. Or, don't poop where you eat. 

In fairness I met my wife at work. Then I went and found another job and left her there. For a while she wanted me to get her a job there and I said no. 19 years later she wanted me to get our son a job there. Sorry no can do! Many years back I was at a company that I knew was moving to bust the union and I knew I was going with them but couldn't say anything. I watched complete family's get destroyed. Patents and kids worked at the same place. 480 out of 500 lost their jobs. 

36 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Well I guess you missed something in the training. Never mix business with pleasure. AKA  Don't get your honey where you make your money. Or, don't poop where you eat. 

In fairness I met my wife at work. Then I went and found another job and left her there. For a while she wanted me to get her a job there and I said no. 19 years later she wanted me to get our son a job there. Sorry no can do! Many years back I was at a company that I knew was moving to bust the union and I knew I was going with them but couldn't say anything. I watched complete family's get destroyed. Patents and kids worked at the same place. 480 out of 500 lost their jobs. 

I am, as you can plainly see, NOT from a right to work state.  If I were, I wouldn't belong to a nice club in my retirement.

I was an accountant at  very large company where the hourly manufacturing workers union had an excellent union contract.  I was on the organizing committee that brought the Union into the office for accountants, bookkeepers, secretaries, material management people, and other clerical personnel.  I was the financial office's union rep and an elected executive board member of the new local.

As such I did find a way to get away on business but my wife certainly knew about it--as an elected convention delegate--but I didn't run for delegate the one year we had our convention in Vegas.  My wife was too familiar with Vegas and I thought better of it.

[Miami was a good time, but it's not Vegas. And of course, my wife was familiar with Miami too. But we got lucky that year and avoided significant domestic disaster.]

We occasionally traveled on other union business, but once we organized, the company never sent us away on company business trips anymore.  If training for something new was required, they brought it to us.

Anyway, the entire company crashed and burned on a global level but the represented workers left with a handsome severance agreement, our vested pensions, and full medical until it became supplemental medical when we became Medicare Eligible.  These things are simply not available to many young people today.  Your post reminded me of that sad fact.

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

Depends on, time, cost.  I like to play Rio Secco, Desert Willow and a couple of others I’ll have to get the names,  cards are in my bag now.  Anyway Rio Secco  is a couple of blocks from where my daughter lives and Dessert Willow is about 2 miles.  Dessert Willow is a short course, fun to play, greens are very contoured.  Rio is lot longer huge greens, typical dessert course, very well maintained, class joint..  Rio is about a $100 per round and Dessert is closer to 35.  I’ll post a couple of others later, the cards are in my bag.

51A9416C-F153-4784-9387-7A0CAE997B3F.png

BE1E3B95-7448-45A8-AC29-C544F11A826B.png

Ping g400 max driver

Cally 7 and 5 wood 

ping g400 irons

cleveland wedge

Definitely....Definitely Coyote Springs, an hour north of Vegas in the middle of nowhere! Jack Nicklaus Signature, played it 3 times, best Nicklaus I've ever played. Painted Desert, and the two Palmer courses at Angel Park are very reasonable.

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5° w/Fujikura Ventus TR

Ping G425 Max 5-7-9 Fairway Woods w/Ping Alta CB

Ping G425 Irons 5-U w/Ping Alta CB (Power-Spec Lofts)

Ping 4.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap

Ping Redwood ZB Putter w/PP58

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Wrap Mid-Size Grips

Depends of time, cost.  I liked to play Rio Secco, Desert Willow and a couple of others I’ll have to get the names, in my bag now.  Anyway Rio Secco  most better courses offer rental clubs.

Ping g400 max driver

Cally 7 and 5 wood 

ping g400 irons

cleveland wedge

I live here in Henderson.  I also work at a couple of courses mentioned a lot on here.  Rio Secco, Cascata, one of the courses at Angle Park, one of the two courses at Revere as well as many others will be closed for overseeding from Labor day through the 25th.  There are a couple of courses you can play at that time--Royal Links, 18 replica holes from British open courses and greens are in good shape.  Arroyo and Senia are two more courses that you can play while they are over seeding, and Highland Falls and the Palm Course in Sumerlin alternate so one is open while the other course is done.  I heard a rumor that Stallion Mountain will not over seed this year so it will be open.  There is a county run course The Club at Sunrise that will be open until October and has great greens but the course leaves a lot to be desired is open.  Boulder Creek has 18 holes open and overseeding one of the 3three nines every other week.  All courses have rental sets.

Please remember if you are playing a course that is open one week after overseeding, greens will be long and slow, you may be cart path only and pace of play will be slow because many of the other courses are closed. 

Coyote Springs is open and is a great course about an hour out of the north side of town.  They have done all of their maintainance earlier in the year. 

Second week of October through Thanksgiving is the best golf weather here in Las Vegas area.  Prices when courses reopen are usually higher because of the cost and everyone here wants to get back out.  The courses that overseed the greens will be able to be cut so they will roll smooth but still a little slower. 

Titleist TS 1 Driver Stiff graphite shaft

Titleist  TS2 16.5 degree 3 wood Stiff graphite shaft

Titleist  TS2 18 degree 5 Wood Stiff graphite shaft

Titliest TS2--21 degree Hybrid stiff light weight graphite shafts

Titliest T200 regular multi-material graphite shafts 2 degrees flat 5 thru gap wedge

Titliest Volkey wedges 54 and 58 stiff multi-material graphite shafts 2 degrees flat

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Trillium Te3 32" putter

By the way--check out prices through golfnow.com.  If you call the course or make them through a hotel, they will get you out of town rates.  I just followed up with an assistant golf pro at reflection bay and they are open through September.  It is more expensive than Angle Park but 10 times better course.  It is a Jack Nicklaus design and it worth the time.  They have rentals.  

At this time here in Las Vegas most courses have either TaylorMade or Callaway rentals except for a couple that have Titleist. 

Cascata and Rio Secco will be offering their Double Down this fall according to one the assistant golf pro there.  The price includes, carts, range balls and golf.  Rentals are separate and at Cascata you have to have a caddie.  They will read the putts because you will not be able to see it nor will you read up and down hills as they will. 

Good luck to all who want to come out and play--it is a great area if you like golf year around.

Titliest T200 regular multi-material graphite shafts 2 degrees flat 5 thru gap wedge

Titliest Volkey wedges 54 and 58 stiff multi-material graphite shafts 2 degrees flat

On 8/3/2021 at 8:00 PM, NC Golfer said:

Headed to Vegas the last week of Sept. What are good courses, moderately priced with decent club rentals. Looks like some courses will be closed due the overseeding. 

Last time in Vegas one of the course we played was Bear's Best.  Got a good Golf Now Hot Deal.  The course was Fantastic! Definitely would go back and play again. 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

STallion Mountain Golf Club, which ajdegeno mentioned above.  We chose that course because Frank Sinatra Celebrity Classic was played there. Nice Course, also got a deal on Golf Now.  Aside from playing Mesquite courses, I'd play both Bear's Best & Stallion Mountain again.  

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

17 hours ago, Kmercier said:

One of my favorite reasonably priced places to play in Vegas is Rhodes Ranch. Fun track close to the strip (about 15 minutes from Planet Hollywood) Always in great shape and when I've played pretty cheap. Think under $80. I always play super early when I'm there so I don't know if that changes any thing, but I love it there.

Are their club rentals good? It seems most rent Callaway Rogues or TM Sim. 

12 hours ago, ajdegeno said:

I live here in Henderson.  I also work at a couple of courses mentioned a lot on here.  Rio Secco, Cascata, one of the courses at Angle Park, one of the two courses at Revere as well as many others will be closed for overseeding from Labor day through the 25th.  There are a couple of courses you can play at that time--Royal Links, 18 replica holes from British open courses and greens are in good shape.  Arroyo and Senia are two more courses that you can play while they are over seeding, and Highland Falls and the Palm Course in Sumerlin alternate so one is open while the other course is done.  I heard a rumor that Stallion Mountain will not over seed this year so it will be open.  There is a county run course The Club at Sunrise that will be open until October and has great greens but the course leaves a lot to be desired is open.  Boulder Creek has 18 holes open and overseeding one of the 3three nines every other week.  All courses have rental sets.

Please remember if you are playing a course that is open one week after overseeding, greens will be long and slow, you may be cart path only and pace of play will be slow because many of the other courses are closed. 

Coyote Springs is open and is a great course about an hour out of the north side of town.  They have done all of their maintainance earlier in the year. 

Second week of October through Thanksgiving is the best golf weather here in Las Vegas area.  Prices when courses reopen are usually higher because of the cost and everyone here wants to get back out.  The courses that overseed the greens will be able to be cut so they will roll smooth but still a little slower. 

Which of these do you recommend for a good value and decent club rentals? Have Angel Park booked, looking for two more.

Royal Links is the most reasonable but it is a tough course if you do not hit it straight.  Very high rough and 108 pot bunkers.  It is a lot of fun if you play the correct tees as are most courses.  I played there today and the course is in great shape.  Check out golfnow for pricing because I do not know the non-resident fees.  Bears best is a great course...holes off of Nicklaus courses all over the world.  I do not know if it is open and do not know any thing about there pricing.  Reflection bay will be a higher priced course but again is worth the price.  Golf now has those hot deals so check those out and you may be able to get a good deal.  Closer to the strip is Revere and one of their courses is open all of the time a more reasonable price than reflection bay.

Good luck and have a great time while you are here.