TESTERS WANTED! ×

TP RED v ? v ?

muskie

I have had this argument/discussion with my colleagues at work, hoping to get a definite answer - what does the TP RED equate to at Titleist, Callaway, etc. I really like the ball, but with two or three full short irons or wedges, its scuffed, and I'm looking for an alternative that is close to the TP RED specs. Thanks! If this has been discussed previous, I apologize!

The current TP Reds (the LDP version) are different from the originals. From everything I have heard and experienced, the current TP Reds are most the the ProV1's, Nike Tours, etc. They are the higher spin/softer ball.

The current TP Reds (the LDP version) are different from the originals. From everything I have heard and experienced, the current TP Reds are most the the ProV1's, Nike Tours, etc. They are the higher spin/softer ball.

Yes. That's correct. Really odd why TM did that. But the current version is different than the original.

Current bag: Some Callaway, some Cleveland. Down to 2 OEM's!

• SPY VIP

TP Red ldp is my favorite golf ball. I used to play srixon z-urc but can't find them anymore. Next ball I try will be srixon z star tour yellow.

I liked the URC too. Last fall our shop had them for $20/doz. Bought 2, should have bought more...

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Yeah, the Red is the softer version. When I gamed it last year, I had problems with the durability of the cover. Has anyone else had that issue with the Reds?

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Yeah, the Red is the softer version. When I gamed it last year, I had problems with the durability of the cover. Has anyone else had that issue with the Reds?

I bought some refinished ones that were absolute JUNK. I had a problem with the cover/finish on those but not so much new ones. well, no more than other balls that I can recall.

Not anymore than the other urethane balls, no.

Golf Digest had a great magazine late last year with the most comprehensive blind review of all golf balls I have ever read. It is very detailed and the answers are very surprising. I will see if I can dig it up and answer your question.

I can't keep any of Taylormade's golf balls straight. They seems to change names too often. I know one of the TP something or another's is supposed to be a good ball, but I couldn't tell you which one.

i thought that the TP Black were the softer, spinnier ball like the ProV1

and the TP Red was the somewhat harder, lower spinning ball.

Well, maybe. If you go on Taylor Made's website, go to the TP Red section and then Performance. It says "Tour performance for players looking for less spin." Now I'm scratching my head. Maybe I should just switch to the Penta TP's, no more guessing.

Well, maybe. If you go on Taylor Made's website, go to the TP Red section and then Performance. It says "Tour performance for players looking for less spin." Now I'm scratching my head. Maybe I should just switch to the Penta TP's, no more guessing.

I agree. No point to confuse yourself when you can just get Pentas.

Archived